EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The *Official* Australian Open SURVIVOR Contest Thread

2015 Australian Open SURVIVOR Contest
    You may only enter this contest ONCE. Any accounts suspected of being a &Ghost& account for the same user will be turned over to SBR for verification. If it is termed that you are using duplicate accounts to enter this contest, all entries related to those accounts will be VOID and not eligible for the Prize Pool.
    Each ENTRY into the Survivor Pool is either for the Men's (ATP) Draw OR the Women's (WTA) draw.

YOU MUST CHOOSE EITHER AN ATP OR WTA ENTRY, NOT BOTH.
    It is your choice which one you want to enter based on which one you think you have a better chance at doing well with. The scoring regardless of which side your entry is on will be exactly the same. There is no advantage to entering one or the other, it's simply your choice.

Format
    Each entry must pick FOUR players as your SURVIVOR POOL entries to start.

1. You may only pick ONE player from seeds #1-4.

A SEED is the ranking the player has for this tournament. When the draws are available, you will be able to distinguish a SEED by seeing the number that is next to their name. If they do not have a number next to their name, they are UNSEEDED.

2. You MUST pick at least one UNSEEDED player.

3. Your remaining TWO players can be from anywhere else other than the top four seeds.

Your players can also be in any part of the ATP or WTA draw. If you want to choose two players who are in the same section of the draw, that is your choice.

Scoring
    Each round, the points value for a match win for your players will increase.

Please note for the purposes of this contest that a &match win& includes any advancement by your player to the next round of the tournament.

POINT VALUES FOR ANY UNSEEDED PLAYER CHOSEN ARE WORTH 2X THE POINTS. THIS OBVIOUSLY MEANS A GREATER REWARD, BUT WITH A HIGHER RISK THAT THEY MAY NOT LAST LONG

Seeded Players
    R1 Win = 10 pts
    R2 Win = 20 pts
    R3 Win = 30 pts
    R4 Win = 40 pts
    QF Win = 80 pts
    SF Win = 160 pts
    F Win = 320 pts

Unseeded Players
    R1 Win = 20 pts
    R2 Win = 40 pts
    R3 Win = 60 pts
    R4 Win = 80 pts
    QF Win = 160 pts
    SF Win = 320 pts
    F Win = 640 pts

Switching Players
    Each ENTRY may make ONE player switch during the duration of the Australian Open. To make a switch, you must PM or E-MAIL me the details of your switch prior to either player involved in the switch playing their next match.

SWITCHES MAY ONLY BE MADE ON PLAYERS STILL ACTIVE IN THE TOURNAMENT.

If a player goes down with an injury and is out of the tournament or one of your choices loses, that spot in your ENTRY is done. There is no substituion for that spot. The switch is available solely so you can strategize as the tournament goes if you so choose and switch to a different player.

IF YOU CHOOSE A TOP FOUR SEED AS A PLAYER, THEY CANNOT BE SWITCHED AT ANY POINT. ALSO, YOUR UNSEEDED PLAYER IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A SWITCH.
    SWITCHES WILL CLOSE AT THE END OF THE 4TH ROUND.

Prize Pool
    The PRIZE POOL for this contest is 1,000 BetPoints in Free Plays from SBR. Once all entries are in, the PRIZE POOL will be set based on the total # of entries into the contest. Most likely if there are enough entries, the top four finishers will receive BetPoints.

ENTRIES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED VIA PM TO EAGLESPHAN36.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PM PRIVILEGES, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR ENTRY TO eaglesphan3636@gmail.com

ENTRIES ARE DUE BY 7 PM ET ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 18th.
    ANY SUBMITTED AFTER THAT DEADLINE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS CONTEST

Points Awarded:

yisman gave EaglesPhan36 125 Betpoint(s) for this post.

horja1 gave EaglesPhan36 15 Betpoint(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Guys, once I see how many people enter this contest, then we'll talk if we should have an entry fee or not. The # of entries is also what will determine how many places get paid for this contest, so sit tight until then on anything possible Points fees. For right now, it's FREE.

EaglesPhan36

Here's the AusOpen site and where you can find the draws
    http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/index.html

Final qualifying spots are being decided tonight/overnight, so the full draw should be updated there by tomorrow morning if you want to wait to see which qualifiers get through.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

pm sent

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

PM sent, please let me know if I did it properly ( I think I did).

Jerimjob
    Jerimjob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

PM sent

Thanks for setting this up

EaglesPhan36

Yes everyone who has posted so far I believe everything is correct. I'll be double checking entries tonight and tomorrow again to make sure everyone is set, but first glance everyone looks okay.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

So if i choose djoko and 3 unseeds i cant switch

EaglesPhan36

Yes, that is correct.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

i just pm'd u with my 4-player slate for the "gash-baccarat" side of the contest

i can't picture me trying to burn any brain-cells later making a strategic switch

not because i'm too lazy...but to prevent the self-mushing it would cause

i wouldn't want to give unfair advantage to whichever player i replaced

(and the "kiss of death" to the player i swithed into)

thanks for taking on this headache EP, and good luck to all!
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-17-15 at 03:33 PM.

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Clarification: are there any restrictions on who can be switched to?

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Switching Players
    Each ENTRY may make ONE player switch during the duration of the Australian Open. To make a switch, you must PM or E-MAIL me the details of your switch prior to either player involved in the switch playing their next match.

SWITCHES MAY ONLY BE MADE ON PLAYERS STILL ACTIVE IN THE TOURNAMENT.

If a player goes down with an injury and is out of the tournament or one of your choices loses, that spot in your ENTRY is done. There is no substituion for that spot. The switch is available solely so you can strategize as the tournament goes if you so choose and switch to a different player.

IF YOU CHOOSE A TOP FOUR SEED AS A PLAYER, THEY CANNOT BE SWITCHED AT ANY POINT. ALSO, YOUR UNSEEDED PLAYER IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A SWITCH.

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

If you select a player and he wins due to a walkover, do you still get points?

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by ThaddeusB View Post
    Clarification: are there any restrictions on who can be switched to?
    Hoping the copy and paste from fitguy helped (thanks!) - let me know if you need more explanation.

And Middleman, yes walkovers = wins per this rule.

Please note for the purposes of this contest that a "match win" includes any advancement by your player to the next round of the tournament.

Remember for anyone else interested you have until 7pm ET on Sunday to PM or e-mail me your entry at eaglesphan3636@gmail.com

10 entries so far I believe. I'll make 11 when I post my selections here on Sunday.

Remember kids, 1000 pts in BetPoints Free Plays at the SBR books up for grabs! GET SOME!

juanquintero
    juanquintero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2263

I already sent you a PM, please just confirm. So, the only players that can be switched are the ones that are seeded outside the #4?
    Regards and have to say "wow" foi yisman who sent 125 betpoints! Well done sir

EaglesPhan36

IF YOU CHOOSE A TOP FOUR SEED AS A PLAYER, THEY CANNOT BE SWITCHED AT ANY POINT.

ALSO, YOUR UNSEEDED PLAYER IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A SWITCH.

ONLY ONE SWITCH ALLOWED PER ENTRY. Hope that helps, let me know if I need to explain more.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

I already sent my entry. Also have some doubts about the switch rule.

1.- If you chose a top-4, are you able to switch the other players?
    2.- Are you allowed to switch a seeded player for an unseeded one?
    3.- If you chose more than one unseeded, all of them cannot switch?
    4.- Can you switch taking a player that already won 4th round for a player still to play 4th round?

EaglesPhan36

If you take a top four seed, they cannot be switched.

Non-seeds cannot be switched.

You must make your switch on players who have not played their next round yet. So NO is the answer to #4.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

wish we could do both

Miklos
    Miklos's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37522

Entry with picks emailed.

Thanks!

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Thanks for your answers. One more question: Are ATP and WTA entries in competition for the same prizes, or each one has their own?

EaglesPhan36

They are for the same prize pool. It's basically just allowing people to do an entry for what they think they know best. Thought it was a good twist instead of forcing everyone to do two.

You guys have 2.5 hours to go to get those entries in!

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Sent.

Champ2399
    Champ2399's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32492

Just sent mine for the WTA side!

Will be a fun contest. Thank you!

EaglesPhan36

Here is my entry in the pursuit of fairness, made public to all so no one can claim shenanigans on me. And yes, I have already scheduled an appointment with a shrink as to why I chose to play the WTA side.

WTA
    Makarova (10)
    Radwanska (6)
    Sharapova (2)
    A.Beck (NS)

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    They are for the same prize pool. It's basically just allowing people to do an entry for what they think they know best. Thought it was a good twist instead of forcing everyone to do two.

You guys have 2.5 hours to go to get those entries in!
    I wish you would have stated this at the beginning, I took WTA because I thought I could get more points than other WTA selections. I would have picked ATP if I knew this was how it was going to work.

EaglesPhan36

You can change your picks any time before the tourney starts at 7pm ET. I don't know how much clearer I could have been on it. Sorry.

It is your choice which one you want to enter based on which one you think you have a better chance at doing well with. The scoring regardless of which side your entry is on will be exactly the same. There is no advantage to entering one or the other, it's simply your choice.

EaglesPhan36

One hour and 15 minutes to get those entries in.

ThaddeusB
    ThaddeusB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135661

Hoping the copy and paste from fitguy helped (thanks!) - let me know if you need more explanation.
    What I was wondering is if you can switch a pick to a (second) top 4 guy. The rules, as written, allow that possibility, but I image that it is not supposed to be allowed.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

EP, when are you posting our picks?

EmpireMaker

You can change your picks any time before the tourney starts at 7pm ET. I don't know how much clearer I could have been on it. Sorry.

I thought that you were running one for WTA and one for ATP and only letting us call our shot and only enter one (maybe to let more people win). I just sent you my final selections, I decided to go WTA anyway but made a better strategic pick (hopefully, probably mushed myself).

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    EP, when are you posting our picks?
    I would assume sometime right after 7PM

EaglesPhan36

I will post them tonight at some point. There's football and tennis and drinking, so it'll be a little bit.

Guys about 15 minutes left for last minute entries.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

in at last minute. pm'ed you.

EaglesPhan36

Got it Spider. And that's the deadline guys. I'll post the picks in a little while, I'm gonna enjoy some food, tennis and football first though.

If you have questions along the way about the Switches, please post in here and ask as many may wonder the same thing.

1234 Last