blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Quote Originally Posted by luvnpeas View Post
    Huh. Topbet just called me. They offered to buy me out for $2500. I said no. They said they'd honor the bet if Auburn wins, but not for the full $30,000. In the small print of their terms somewhere, they limit the maximum amount you can cash out to $25,000 (probably relates to their willingness to offer long odds).
    Well, thats garbage and already not a great sign. But I guess I'd take the 25k if I could get it

Great lines are tempting, but I'd never bother betting on any of these sites that pop up with no credibility. If a site you've never heard of is offering great bonuses/lines maybe there's a reason they're desperate for deposits. Some of these places are run by god-knows-who. There's enough shadiness in this industry that I'll stick with guys I know have consistently paid out 100s of ks. I sincerely wish you gl and hope you win and get paid

muffins
    muffins's Avatar Become A Pro!

According to this site, which looks reputable (it is based on a Vegas bookmaker), the odds on Auburn on October 14 were 9999:1. So, 2500:1 on October 22 is entirely reasonable and not a "bad line."
    My bad, good pickup, was using top priced traded on betfair ($110) as a guide but obviously crappy liquidity on college FB.

Max payouts are bullshit, if they accept the bet to win $x amount they should pay it. That decision to accept the potential payout can be seen as over-riding their max payout clause, after all they took the bet so they agreed to it.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Hedge at a different book. I think they'll pay. I won a few grand off them and had no problems...

Parlayplayer
    Parlayplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Take the 2500 or counter for 3k! That's guaranteed money they r offering. It's not worth hedging elsewhere offshore and having to worry about getting paid! Not to mention all the money u have to come up with to hedge properly! U may need a loan in which u pay somebody interest. You will pay fees for each withdrawal at 100$ a pop. Then u tie up a bunch of funds for months waiting to get paid! If u hedge with fs and they win u not only pay fees to get out the winnings but u pay to get out ur original deposit. Lets be real, we all think fs is gonna win this game too. So now u r withdrawling a large sum of money from overseas and 3/4ths of it was ur $ to start. It takes a while to pull 30k from most books! Lots of headaches and fees! Think about it. Take that $ and run! on a 15$ bet u score 2500. Almost 200x ur wager do the math and be smart, don't know how much u have to gain by passing! Bol to u and congrats!

Parlayplayer

Not to mention ur bets only pay 25k so ur hedge loses value! But wait a min, u said they were three separate bets with diferent future odds? So why would they not pay the total considering they r diferent bets and not one single bet at the same odds for 30k?

petac
    petac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

i have a feeling this is b.s. -

i called topbet and they said they have no one that contacted them about hedging a future play on Auburn at 2000 to 1. They said they would never offer any amount on a future bet pending, as it's against their policy.

But I am wondering why would anyone lie about a future play they have?
    oh well.

Parlayplayer

Lol! Too fukkin funny! No life I guess trying to make friends or scam somebody by saying he dont have enough money to hedge and would split the winnings with somebody who helps with the cash! Nice try and better luck next time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brendon, and 5mike5

luvnpeas
    luvnpeas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Well, after offering me $2500 and saying they'd honor the bet, they sent me form email saying the bet had been cancelled. without explanation.

Topbet = scam site.

brendon
    brendon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20365

Well, after offering me $2500 and saying they'd honor the bet, they sent me form email saying the bet had been cancelled. without explanation.

Topbet = scam site.
    ok....

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Topbet = scam site.
    Wow. Unreal they would just cancel a bet like that. Keep us updated and file a complaint.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Topbet = scam site.
    Lol, I bet they did

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Hahahaha not sure what to believe here but entertaining regardless.

Parlayplayer

Topbet = scam site.
    Better yet

Luvnpeas = scam artist

goodluck buddy!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

Quote Originally Posted by petac View Post
    i have a feeling this is b.s. -

i called topbet and they said they have no one that contacted them about hedging a future play on Auburn at 2000 to 1. They said they would never offer any amount on a future bet pending, as it's against their policy.

But I am wondering why would anyone lie about a future play they have?
    oh well.
    Just to get attention.

It Seems to be a real sickness here at SBR
    Last edited by 5mike5; 12-19-13 at 10:06 AM.

lecubs28
    Keepin em Honest
    lecubs28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5422

weird thread. not sure what op is lying about but it doesn't add up.

i've been a topbet customer for over a year now, never had a problem with them. one of the top 3 us facing books.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

U guys better think twice before sticking up for books that are screwing players. I remember when I was blind then they also got me.
    Think about it what reason would OP start this thread only to come back a few weeks later to say they canceled his bet? Of course they are going to say they don't know about it when other customers ask about it if they canceled the bet.
    Be cautious with books this time of the year to prevent getting caught up in the mess.
    How can this book be considered a top 3 book? I can think of about 100 other books that stand a better chance than this book.

luvnpeas
    luvnpeas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Hm, very confusing. I might have to retract my complaint. It looks like Topbet cancelled my two wagers for identical amounts & odds, made on the same date, and then created a new wager in my account combining them. I had made two $5 wagers on the same date; now I have one $10 wager on my "Pending Wagers" page.

Then they sent me a form email notifying me of the wager cancellations, with no other information. So, I posted my complaint here.

My faith in Topbet is restored. After Auburn wins, and they have to pay me, the faith will be tested again.... :-)

anci22
    anci22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

Up 7,000 with topbet bet 3 payouts no problem. This time 30 plus days and they say processor error bank audited. Is 30 days way too long?? They said paper checks no problem but this is debit card payment like the 1st three times where I had no problem.

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

Quote Originally Posted by anci22 View Post
    Up 7,000 with topbet bet 3 payouts no problem. This time 30 plus days and they say processor error bank audited. Is 30 days way too long?? They said paper checks no problem but this is debit card payment like the 1st three times where I had no problem.
    Yes, that is an issue unless they gave you a estimated date of when you are going to get your funds.

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

Lecubs28...in. 3...2...1..

success27
    success27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Quote Originally Posted by anci22 View Post
    I've had 3 payouts from TopBet around $1,500 each time & 2 out 3 times it took them a month to pay me. I would call them every 2-3 days to get an update.

Hang in there. You should get your refund shortly.

Have they told you how they're going to fix the issue? Any timetable?

First 12