R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Jim Rome

Seriously I "kinda get it" And say that a bit reluctantly as his whole show and schtick is so unbelievable. Guy is biggest toolbag in sports industry and only makes people more stupid I swear. How on earth others don't see this is beyond me???? His whole bag is such a lie I don't even know where to begin??

Douche acts like he doesn't know the e-mailers name or what's "inevitably" coming before he crumpled up the mail.....crunch crunch "oh please mighty douche give us more sound effect to make the "act" more real lol. Uh hire an intern to proofread before you read the letter from Slash in Brentwood cause if your iq is still in double digits the rest of us knows where it's heading prior to being read on air followed by your fake ass "c#nt" disgusted act.

Bottom line I hate this fukking bag with every bone! Truth is somehow his show is so popular and in too many markets. Which is sad because if you know anything about sports then Rome certainly is not for you . Guy is nothing but low rent rehab , he's the Springer of sports talk. If anything like me and want REAL sports talk without beating the same dead horse and retard rhetoric tune out of this fool!!

Good and justified reason so many are listening to this fraud scum no doubt. But not a way to justify to the kids , spouse or life or in general why your such a useless piece of shit that has half brain right?. Hey on that note if Rome works I get cause he certainly does not know i (sports wise). Shit sells and who's buying? = Rome listeners Just one of many folks too many are watching or listening too the same idiots on tv and radio doing our society more harm good. Anyone who wants to talk intelligent topics regarding sports or anything far as life in gen. Then P.M. me I'm thinking about maybe a podcast?
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 03-22-16 at 10:43 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Jim Rome is still around??

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273635

he lost it all with "ITS JUST A BET"

what an asshole

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Now just to clarify I'm not selling anything. Just been kicking around the idea of a podcast possibly. Seriously as dumb and a tool as this fukker Rome is I give him credit on knowing how to exploit peoples stupidity as to how he got fame. However I'm bout that or not even saying that ....If anything this fukking tard is an inspiration on how to maybe get recognized while actually talking sports and knowing what wtf you're talking about while doing so without the needless pandering to white trash dummies.There is potential here if Rome can do it ...then it's certainly possible to ANYONE with a dream!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Lol I still remember the "Chris Everitt" to Jim bit where he got his punk ass beat. Think I was like 12 when I saw that and even back then thought cool as shit. How does this tool still have a job???? Doesn't know shit about sports , does not even pretend to just sells to the lowest common denominator if punk ass social media types?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Remember last year when somehow this tool was "self glossing" his nomination for some radio hall of fame. All I could think was yeah well Backstreet boys probably won grammys as well but how empty are those rewards in this day age with the clueless voting for them? Jim Rome being taken serious on any level let alone sports knowledge lol.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

How someone who does not know shit about sports and just talks Springer like junk and is a 50 year old man using social media and retard 3rd person language to get on 20 year olds level is beyond me? Honesty I'm serious about the pod thing it might happen. But on another note I know someone in this punk ass fake motherfukker crew has read this shit and is gonna pass it on to the king phony himself

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Let's give a list of favorite Rome isms or dumb asses isms

1. Guy is so full of regurgitation!! NOBODY can fill a 3 hour set with really nothing to say like Rome!

2. One of my faves is his proclamation he does need mail or calls to fill his time ...because he has plenty without clones help. Lol true joke if I ever heard 1. At least 2/3 of his set daily is set around regurgitation and same old calls emails.
    3. Guy spends as much time reading email that is troll garbage in a set on any given day than he does actually talking bout sports which he knows little about.
    Those are my main gripes but seriously to a tool that does "decent" interviews with mostly same old garbage how's your wife doing and what about that 2h in the ND game type questions he is a complete fool.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20505

I heard him in San Diego before he went national. Hated him. Can't believe he's still around and it sounds like he's still doing the same old crap.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Not to interrupt your conversation with yourself, but I was flipping through sports talk yesterday and came upon Jim Rome doing a mock 'unboxing' of a new phone.. which was pretty funny because it sounded like every unboxing video I ever saw.

And generally speaking, interviews are dumb. With so much access to pro athletes now and so many avenues for them to make statements and comments, do we really still need a 5 minute awkward sports interview with someone that has nothing interesting to say? Worst part of sports talk, interviews.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

some of his takes can be descent; unfortunately he's better than the local douchbags and some of the other lame ass nationally syndicated dill weeds.... I can't recall the name of the nationally syndicated monotone sportsjew who follows him here in h town on 650, but that dude makes rome sound like a radio broadcast hall of famer.....

yeah, his show is totally scripted, but some of his tongue in cheek comical comments on athletes doing idiotic things is pretty good.....

he's not the same punk that challenged chrissy decades ago....

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8896

Rome was a decent show, like back in the late 90's. I haven't listened to his crap in over 5 years. He is such a ass kissing hypocrite. I remember how he would always rip, and make fun of Michael Jackson. The day after he died, his whole show was pretty much a memorial to him. Really? Same thing with all the Bum emails. He's the one that started reading, and egging on the idiots sending emails about it, yet now he bans all those emails.

I've also noticed that if you're a black caller, you can pretty much say, and do anything without getting dumped. A white guy calls, and has one little take Rome doesn't agree with, he'll cut him off, and spout off how big of idiot he is.

I can't see his show lasting much longer. With Internet radio, there's ton better options now.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

I saw the Jim Everett interview and knew right then and there I would never watch this guy again. Low rent.

Auto Donk

I always laugh at Rome when he bashes Top Gun and Maverick.....

this is classic:

Auto Donk

doug gottlieb.... usually, radio people have a "voice" for radio, and a "face made for radio"..... this guy doesn't have the voice..... I could be amped on three five hour energy shots and he'd still put me to sleep with his boring, monotone bullshit

I'd rather make a sex tape with Bubba the love sponge's nasty ass swinger wife than listen to five minutes of doug

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3545

Use to watch him back in the day,until he started pissing on Soccer one day,after that I just wanted to kick his teeth in.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Use to watch him back in the day,until he started pissing on Soccer one day,after that I just wanted to kick his teeth in.
    or throw some Capri Sun juice boxes and orange slices at him.....

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    doug gottlieb.... usually, radio people have a "voice" for radio, and a "face made for radio"..... this guy doesn't have the voice..... I could be amped on three five hour energy shots and he'd still put me to sleep with his boring, monotone bullshit

I'd rather make a sex tape with Bubba the love sponge's nasty ass swinger wife than listen to five minutes of doug
    This guy was so pathetic in college that most people assumed he had naked pictures of Eddie Sutton with 2 midgets. He would literally shake when he was fouled and had to shoot free throws. He was so bad at free throw that he made Shaq look like Rick Barry. Eddie would sit him in close games with 5 minutes to go. The guy who was guarding him would just leave him and double up someone else. He was literally that terrible.

Auto Donk

wow.... had no clue the dude even balled..... figured he was the son of some jewish radio mogul and his dad gave him the job.....

he sounds like an unemployed accountant

packerd_00

or throw some Capri Sun juice boxes and orange slices at him.....
    What are you going on about Donkey.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 03-23-16 at 05:36 PM.

Auto Donk

What are you going on about Donkey.

begin watching at 4:42, and listen closely at 4:54-:55 and 5:30-:41, and it should become clear

packerd_00

begin watching at 4:42, and listen closely at 4:54-:55 and 5:30-:41, and it should become clear

Yeah he's still a greasy little shit.

Auto Donk

lol.... yeah, a bit squirrelly and hi strung..... i'd like to extort some money from him with a good honeypot scam.....

packerd_00

lol.... yeah, a bit squirrelly and hi strung..... i'd like to extort some money from him with a good honeypot scam.....

Hotshotballer
    Hotshotballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Yeah he can be kind of out there

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

He's brilliant. He's only hated by the people who have never taken a marketing course in their entire lives and don't understand the business, or any business really.

He says and does everything on purpose. A 3 hour daily nationally syndicated radio show is hard to fill, so he pauses a lot and goes off on tangents. No big deal there, nobody else out there, short of people with a huge cast of characters (Dan Patrick) to fill time can make all 3 hours seem interesting either, yet somehow Rome has everyone glued to their radios.

Point is, he did well enough to be given a 3 hour a day national radio show. Why? Because he's provocative. He panders to his dum dum fans (the same way jjgold does it to you), and makes it so his detractors are listening too. Money, money, money.

Don't believe me? He just got you guys to share and watch one of his thousands of youtube videos. YouTube sees this, and likes this. It gives his YouTube channel more authority, and bumps him up in search engines.

He doesn't have to really mean anything he says. As long as he keeps playing people like you guys, he wins over and over.

I can't not respect that.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Seriously I "kinda get it" And say that a bit reluctantly as his whole show and schtick is so unbelievable. Guy is biggest toolbag in sports industry and only makes people more stupid I swear. How on earth others don't see this is beyond me???? His whole bag is such a lie I don't even know where to begin??

Douche acts like he doesn't know the e-mailers name or what's "inevitably" coming before he crumpled up the mail.....crunch crunch "oh please mighty douche give us more sound effect to make the "act" more real lol. Uh hire an intern to proofread before you read the letter from Slash in Brentwood cause if your iq is still in double digits the rest of us knows where it's heading prior to being read on air followed by your fake ass "c#nt" disgusted act.

Bottom line I hate this fukking bag with every bone! Truth is somehow his show is so popular and in too many markets. Which is sad because if you know anything about sports then Rome certainly is not for you . Guy is nothing but low rent rehab , he's the Springer of sports talk. If anything like me and want REAL sports talk without beating the same dead horse and retard rhetoric tune out of this fool!!

Good and justified reason so many are listening to this fraud scum no doubt. But not a way to justify to the kids , spouse or life or in general why your such a useless piece of shit that has half brain right?. Hey on that note if Rome works I get cause he certainly does not know i (sports wise). Shit sells and who's buying? = Rome listeners Just one of many folks too many are watching or listening too the same idiots on tv and radio doing our society more harm good. Anyone who wants to talk intelligent topics regarding sports or anything far as life in gen. Then P.M. me I'm thinking about maybe a podcast?
    You sure know a lot about his show for hating it so much...so you listen to it every day just making yourself miserable?

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    He's brilliant. He's only hated by the people who have never taken a marketing course in their entire lives and don't understand the business, or any business really.

He says and does everything on purpose. A 3 hour daily nationally syndicated radio show is hard to fill, so he pauses a lot and goes off on tangents. No big deal there, nobody else out there, short of people with a huge cast of characters (Dan Patrick) to fill time can make all 3 hours seem interesting either, yet somehow Rome has everyone glued to their radios.

Point is, he did well enough to be given a 3 hour a day national radio show. Why? Because he's provocative. He panders to his dum dum fans (the same way jjgold does it to you), and makes it so his detractors are listening too. Money, money, money.

Don't believe me? He just got you guys to share and watch one of his thousands of youtube videos. YouTube sees this, and likes this. It gives his YouTube channel more authority, and bumps him up in search engines.

He doesn't have to really mean anything he says. As long as he keeps playing people like you guys, he wins over and over.

Calm down man,he obviously isn't that clever if he loses fans that listened to his program like myself.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14757

I'd listen to Adam schien & mad dog Russo before Rome any day.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This guy wins.

Seriously, soccer? Wtf is wrong with you? That shit is garbage

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Calm down man,he obviously isn't that clever if he loses fans that listened to his program like myself.
    Most of you who didn't like his soccer rants didn't stop listening to him. And he gained more love and hate from it. Net positive.

Auto Donk

I like his soccer rants.... agree with them totally.... the only thing I've ever liked about soccer was bangin' a hoard of soccer moms after my divorce....

he's a helluva lot more entertaining than most radio.... tho that's not saying much

as the King of All Media once said, "sure, I'm the king of radio, but that's saying I'm the king of a pile of shit."

any medium that produces "bubba the love sponge" and makes him a success is severely lacking in talent

I guess being a "love sponge" means your wife will bang roided up orange dudes behind your back

packerd_00

Most of you who didn't like his soccer rants didn't stop listening to him. And he gained more love and hate from it. Net positive.
    Those other people that kept listening are tools.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I'd listen to Adam schien & mad dog Russo before Rome any day.
    You listen to Tim and Sid