Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Can NOT wait! Stiverne vs Wilder!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I saw this fight being promoted.... Too bad I don't really follow boxing much anymore.. Who you like Ron?

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

They are both big and black, I'm sure Ronald Mcdonald will be good with either one.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I saw this fight being promoted.... Too bad I don't really follow boxing much anymore.. Who you like Ron?
    Wilder via TKO. I'm thinking 1 or 2 units only though.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 01-14-15 at 09:31 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Wilder via TKO. I'm thinking 1 or 2 units only though.
    Best value for that play and thought process would be....

Sat 1/17 609 Wilder wins inside distance -123

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

you guyz do realize the futility of posting/reading in this forum, right?..those of us smart enough to read between the lines know that all the really sharp cash-register quality observations are being shared "semi-privately" among the elite...who from time to time drop in to mercifully (but not too politely) remind us just how amusing our attempts to profit from MMA-betting really are to them...

peons like us forced to navigate outside of this enlightened circle..should just learn that "this is how it works"...
    you guyz have been told repeatedly by the intelligentsia just how hopeless is this game for your sub-genius brain-pans..i used to feel it was patronizing and cruel...now i realize that it's actually a form of noblesse oblige

in other words: stop trying to think and especially write about mma-betting...leave it to that inner circle of intelligentsia who want you to know (or is that think?) that they're laughing all the way to the bank every event by dint of their "off the record" collaborations...while the rest of us unblessed and unconnected don't have a chance...and don't even know that we don't have a chance

what to do now: i suggest you (and me, and the rest of us unplugged-in hopeless dolts) start by googling "hobby"...better to flush out the hopeless with the diverting, rather than try to go cold turkey...

since this fight is on the table and "team inside-track" have offered no pearls of betting wisdom...if you wanna make one last bet...i suggest it be with a coin or a dart...and if it wins, use it to buy something to support your new hobby (eg a bowling ball or a jigsaw puzzle)...if it loses, know that giving up now will save us much more of the same down the road...

wake up fellow non-elites, the road to happiness is to leave the serious discussion to those who promise to carry it on...elsewhere, among themselves...

me--i like wilder, cuz i'm working on this theory that the guy with that "hyphen" thingy in front of the number tends to win more often (and increasingly so, the larger that number gets)...was starting to think i understood how this relates to the probability and statistics i've studied and taught for years...

but now that i know i'll never be privy to the big-boy discussions of this forum--and that nothing of any value exists on any other forum...well, i'll take this last splash for fun...and hope to win enough to buy that checkers set i'd been putting off buying for too long...and, win or lose, a new speedo swimsuit...gotta have at least one (hopefully two...come'on "hyphen guy") consolation prize to compensate for leaving THIS hobby (that i thankfully now realize IS hopeless)

damn genetics making this whole thing pointless for me (and the bulk of this board)...wish i could at least read the mysterious deliberations of the wise ones...you know--like a homeless guy looking in a restaurant window--but since it "just doesn't work that way"...cold turkey withdrawal is the way it'll have to be

to help during the hard times...put up signs everywhere you'll see them, especially on the bathroom mirror: "You're just not smart enough...if you were, you'd be in with the in-crowd by now!...devote yourself to things you actually have the capacity to understand..."...you get the idea...not exactly positive affirmations...better to think of it as practical expressions of "tough love"

don't mind me...just some facetious fukkin' around at the keyboard...aimed obviously at the self-serving twat-ism that's been injected around here in several threads...such feigned arrogance can only be driven by profound self-doubt...

i wish this sub-forum wasn't going into the shitter, hand-carried by insulting ponces...but it is
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-16-15 at 12:01 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: oddtodd

fitguy67

nm#1...baffled by sbr's edit facility
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-15-15 at 10:42 PM.

fitguy67

nm again

Dean Ambrose would never have to make two consecutive nm's

damn genetics haunts me at every turn...note to self: keep up the swimming, sharpen up the checkers (even aspire to chess one day)...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-15-15 at 10:49 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012

Best value for that play and thought process would be....

Sat 1/17 609 Wilder wins inside distance <input id="radiox" value="M1_3" name="radiox" type="radio">-123
    Via TKO -118

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    you guyz do realize the futility of posting/reading in this forum, right?..those of us smart enough to read between the lines know that all the really sharp cash-register quality observations are being shared "semi-privately" among the elite...who from time to time drop in to mercifully (but not too politely) remind us just how amusing our attempts to profit from MMA-betting really are to them...

peons like us forced to navigate outside of this enlightened circle..should just learn that "this is how it works"...
    you guyz have been told repeatedly by the intelligentsia just how hopeless is this game for your sub-genius brain-pans..i used to feel it was patronizing and cruel...now i realize that it's actually a form of noblesse oblige

in other words: stop trying to think and especially write about mma-betting...leave it to that inner circle of intelligentsia who want you to know (or is that think?) that they're laughing all the way to the bank every event by dint of their "off the record" collaborations...while the rest of us unblessed and unconnected don't have a chance...and don't even know that we don't have a chance

what to do now: i suggest you (and me, and the rest of us unplugged-in hopeless dolts) start by googling "hobby"...better to flush out the hopeless with the diverting, rather than try to go cold turkey...

since this fight is on the table and "team inside-track" have offered no pearls of betting wisdom...if you wanna make one last bet...i suggest it be with a coin or a dart...and if it wins, use it to buy something to support your new hobby (eg a bowling ball or a jigsaw puzzle)...if it loses, know that giving up now will save us much more of the same down the road...

wake up fellow non-elites, the road to happiness is to leave the serious discussion to those who promise to carry it on...elsewhere, among themselves...

me--i like wilder, cuz i'm working on this theory that the guy with that "hyphen" thingy in front of the number tends to win more often (and increasingly so, the larger that number gets)...was starting to think i understood how this relates to the probability and statistics i've studied and taught for years...

but now that i know i'll never be privy to the big-boy discussions of this forum--and that nothing of any value exists on any other forum...well, i'll take this last splash for fun...and hope to win enough to buy that checkers set i'd been putting off buying for too long...and, win or lose, a new speedo swimsuit...gotta have at least one (hopefully two...come'on "hyphen guy") consolation prize to compensate for leaving THIS hobby (that i thankfully now realize IS hopeless)

damn genetics making this whole thing pointless for me (and the bulk of this board)...wish i could at least read the mysterious deliberations of the wise ones...you know--like a homeless guy looking in a restaurant window--but since it "just doesn't work that way"...cold turkey withdrawal is the way it'll have to be

to help during the hard times...put up signs everywhere you'll see them, especially on the bathroom mirror: "You're just not smart enough...if you were, you'd be in with the in-crowd by now!...devote yourself to things you actually have the capacity to understand..."...you get the idea...not exactly positive affirmations...better to think of it as practical expressions of "tough love"

don't mind me...just some facetious fukkin' around at the keyboard...aimed obviously at the self-serving twat-ism that's been injected around here in several threads...such feigned arrogance can only be driven by profound self-doubt...

i wish this sub-forum wasn't going into the shitter, hand-carried by insulting ponces...but it is
    Who would read all of that? A guy who has never contributed a single thing and only shows up to write 5000 word essays on why this subforum sucks and what we all need to do to help him win more in MMA, rambling on and on about people that he is too much of a pussbag to name. It's always the guys with nothing to contribute who ask for more contributions from others, without fail.

Onto the ignore list you go.
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave MD 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Who would read all of that? .
    well, er...the one who analyzed it and responded to it

don't mind me...just some facetious fukkin' around at the keyboard...aimed obviously at the self-serving twat-ism that's been injected around here in several threads...

by insulting ponces...
    rambling on and on about people that he is too much of a pussbag to name.
    ahhh, the old "if the shoe fits"...never fails...why name names?

more fun to let ALL the self-serving twats and insulting ponces, driven by low self-esteem to whom i was referring identify themselves...

hmmm...don't see anyone else lining up to take offence at what i wrote above, now do we?...

Onto the ignore list you go.
    ahhh...setting up the best part of this:
    Q--how in the world is the MMA sub- forum's self-appointed "corrector of others"/"getter of the last word" going to negotiate a response to someone whom he claims to have "ignored"...

A--obviously get someone to quote or pm it...taking advantage of his wide net of people who "tolerate him very intimately"...

early lines

*there will be a response -999999

*the response will include either or both of the terms: "butt hurt", "jealous" -4900

which can easily be pre-emptively dismissed in the words of Confucius:

"man who constantly defend himself by accusing others of being "butt hurt"...need week-long sitz bath in Preparation H"

sorry Ron, didn't mean to de-rail your thread...just engaging in late-night wine-fueled bitching in general about the levels of mean-spiritedness around here that ruin most discussions...then
    along comes "Mr. F. Specific"...(the F does not stand for Frederick, lol)

I don't know how you guyz let him insult you blatantly to your face...then suck up to him by telling him you like the same movies and shit...ignore the rude faux-intelligent fukk and you/the sub-forum will be better off
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-17-15 at 09:42 AM.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Excited for this fight. I like Stiverne +160. Wilder has not fought anyone of Stiverne's caliber. Stiverne walked through Arreola twice and I think Wilder gets exposed tomorrow.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

I'm on Stiverne +190, no brainer for me. A ton of value, like The hoff said Wilder didn't beat anybody yet. Stiverne is not a amazing boxer but he can takes shoots and I can't say that for mister USA

I'm really surprise Stiverne is only 239 with his fat body, are you?

Ron_Paul_2012

well, er...the one who analyzed it and responded to it

ahhh, the old "if the shoe fits"...never fails...why name names?

more fun to let ALL the self-serving twats and insulting ponces, driven by low self-esteem to whom i was referring identify themselves...

hmmm...don't see anyone else lining up to take offence at what i wrote above, now do we?...

ahhh...setting up the best part of this:
    Q--how in the world is SBR forum's self-appointed "corrector of others"/"getter of the last word" going to negotiate a response to someone whom he claims to have "ignored"...

A--obviously get someone to quote or pm it...taking advantage of his wide net of people who "tolerate him very intimately"...

early lines

*there will be a response -999999

*the response will include either or both of the terms: "butt hurt", "jealous" -4900

which can easily be pre-emptively dismissed in the words of Confucius:

"man who constantly defend himself by accusing others of being "butt hurt"...need week-long sitz bath in Preparation H"

sorry Ron, didn't mean to de-rail your thread...just engaging in late-night wine-fueled bitching in general about the levels of mean-spiritedness around here that ruin most discussions...then
    along comes "Mr. F. Specific"...(the F does not stand for Frederick, lol)

I don't know how you guyz let him insult you blatantly to your face...then suck up to him by telling him you like the same movies and shit...ignore the rude faux-intelligent fukk and you/the sub-forum will be better off
    Please continue. I enjoy watching MD be made a fool of. LOL every time he says he put someone on ignore or even more hilarious is the classic "stopped reading right here". The guys ass is glued to his seat. He's had the same back problem for what seems like 2 years now. Kinda funny how certain people with bad karma are chair bound for one reason or another.

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Excited for this fight. I like Stiverne +160. Wilder has not fought anyone of Stiverne's caliber. Stiverne walked through Arreola twice and I think Wilder gets exposed tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by KalouKalou View Post
    I'm on Stiverne +190, no brainer for me. A ton of value, like The hoff said Wilder didn't beat anybody yet. Stiverne is not a amazing boxer but he can takes shoots and I can't say that for mister USA

I'm really surprise Stiverne is only 239 with his fat body, are you?
    seems like the dog is worth at least a splash to win a unit here...if it surprises and pays, you get that extra
    that only comes from a dog-win...and if it doesn't pay out, it was a reasonably cheap way to intensify the entertainment value of the fight

going the other way and having lots of roll tied up in a fave that MUST win for you is too "white knuckle" for me...you can't enjoy the fight as a fight, the way you can when u have a flier on the dog

two different tickets to win a unit...with a much different "sweat" profile...unless i'm really freakin' sure the fave (team or person) will take care of business...it's always the dog for me

in this case it's a modest-sized dog...but fighting often gives us super cheap tickets to win nice amounts...
    for example, in the upcoming Zingano/Rousey fight...i couldn't possibly imagine tying up a thousand to win a hundo (and i hate those damn "method of victory" plays on the fave that just seem to invite "Murphy's Law" into the game by being too damn specific...i'd rather parlay a few faves together, if need be, than get too "fancy dan" in how i need my guyz to win) ...but 15 bucks or so on Zingano is a different story...

of course taking dogs indiscriminately is dumb...the key is looking for signs of life in a specific dog that make it "worth a shot" from a probability perspective...on the dog-lovers side we have that "air of invincibility" thing carried by the fave working in our favor...especially with "impressive SO FAR"/"STILL undefeated" fighters......Newton clearly belonged in the same cage with Lawal, Dillashaw with Barao, etc...but the prices on offer made it look like fave vs. the cable guy in these clashes...re: Zingo/Rousey, judging from their similarly-dominant performances against their common recent foe, Tate, all indications are that they definitely belong in the same cage, ridiculous odds implying otherwise be damned

as for tonight's fight, i just bought my ticket: thanks for giving me your "it's worth a shot" angle on this dog
    K'mahn Stiverne...daddy needs a new Speedo!
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-17-15 at 04:40 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Please continue. I enjoy watching MD be made a fool of. LOL every time he says he put someone on ignore or even more hilarious is the classic "stopped reading right here". The guys ass is glued to his seat. He's had the same back problem for what seems like 2 years now. Kinda funny how certain people with bad karma are chair bound for one reason or another.
    Nobody cares about MD's ignore list anymore except him Ron.. It's all comical at this point..LOL..

fitguy67

jibbs, here's an idea: a MyrtleDipshitz-free thread: only people allowed to post in it would be those that have been officially told (via tantrum-post) that we have made the grade

i say inclusion on that list is a badge of honor...and it would be fun to post in a place that you just KNOW Myrtle is reading but couldn't possibly lower himself to respond to...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-17-15 at 07:27 PM.

Ron_Paul_2012

Nobody cares about MD's ignore list anymore except him Ron.. It's all comical at this point..LOL..
    So what's up with this new place that MD & Nunya are taking about. They moving to reddit or something?

fitguy67

I got tired of that faux-intellectual patronizing twat constantly mocking the quality of other poster's reasoning and contributions/links...ridiculing their effort as being too pedestrian...but somehow never offering anything of substance in its place--except, of course, for hinting at secret knowledge & connections that we unwashed could never hope to fathom. It's all bullshit...like the curtain the Wizard of Oz stands behind.

I don't care what he does, or where he goes, as long as he stays the fukk away from any thread i'm in with that adolescent "hall monitor" attitude that we all "owe" him some sort of respect and deference when he doesn't even extend the most basic of civility to others. I'd rather read the result of someone's well-intentioned wiki-capping with links to other sites I may not yet know about...than read Myrtle Dipshitz' mean-spirited mocking of those contributions.

So I'm glad he "called himself out" by correctly taking offence at my complaints about arrogant suppressive pricks ruining the place.
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-17-15 at 10:01 PM.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Freaking heavyweight champion using Ragu spaghetti sauce. Good golly sweet molly.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Too many idiots in this thread writing essays and bickering like high school girls....not talking any boxing.

Whats the play here?

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Too many idiots in this thread writing essays and bickering like high school girls....not talking any boxing.

Whats the play here?
    Wilder via TKO. It was @ -117. Not sure what the odds are now.

Loggan
    Loggan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Made a small play @Stiverne +190, he can take it and he can deliver it

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Loggan View Post
    Made a small play @Stiverne +190, he can take it and he can deliver it
    Well if Stiverne wins it will probably be via KO. Bigger + money.

NYSportsGuy210

Wilder's stamina is the only thing I question. I think he can take a punch though.

Ron_Paul_2012

Wilder via TKO. It was @ -117. Not sure what the odds are now.
    Looking good so far! What a fight!!!!

Loggan

Well if Stiverne wins it will probably be via KO. Bigger + money.
    Yea, you're right. No such line @ pinny tho

NYSportsGuy210

Wilder needs to learn how to finish a boxer when he wobbles him.

Dumb fcukin kid.

Ron_Paul_2012

What a fight!!!!!!!

NYSportsGuy210

I have it 6-2 Wilder after 8 rounds.

Ron_Paul_2012

Wilder straight cashes. Wilder TKO does NOT. -1.7 units

Ron_Paul_2012

I'd like to see Wilder challenge Klitschko in about a year. Will be a blockbuster!

Loggan

What do you guess will be the odds?

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two cans fighting HW boxing just isn't what it used to be

fitguy67

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Wilder needs to learn how to finish a boxer when he wobbles him.
    you do realize that before this title shot, he's 32-0, 32 KO's, all KO's within 4rounds, all cans, mind you... but still that's the last thing Wilder needs to learn...

what he did need to learn...to fight smart and patient when fighting a non-can...he obviously did learn...

i was on stiverne, banking on the prop that he couldn't adjust to the clear step-up in competition...

the commentators were right that the way he won this fight demonstrated far more development as a fighter than if he just banged out another sub-4round KO...Stiverne wanted him to lure him into "going in for the kill" as he had against all the previous cans (but, unlike Wilder's previous 32 opponents, Stiverne had the chin and the counter-attacking skills to make him pay dearly should be be sloppily over-eagre to finish the fight)...but he didn't take the bait...instead he fought smart and patient, and exhibited boxing skills he hadn't really needed previously...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-18-15 at 10:51 AM.

12 Last