PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

MMA News for September 4th through September 31st

breaking news: its been september for 4 days now
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Haha good point

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fedor and Shlemenko working on Armbar technique:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Das Jax

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Fedor and Shlemenko working on Armbar technique:

My initial reaction to this was overwhelming sadness that Fedor never got to annihilate Tito.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bisping asking Dana what's next for Rockhold...
    Also lots of Dana fail in general including calling Derrick Lewis "Brunson"!!!
    Last edited by Vaughany; 09-05-14 at 04:09 AM.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    I would think with the War Machine stuff in the news they would want to avoid anyone who even smells of domestic violence.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

WSOF then

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

MMA Daily
    59 mins ·
    Rockhold vs Bisping set for Nov. 8 in Australia
    LikeLike · · Share · 91

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The saga between Ben Askren and the UFC continues, this time with Askren throwing some harsh allegations at the UFC welterweight champion.
    He spoke on The MMA Hour:
    “It’s hard to describe in full effect unless you’ve been around the wrestling community a long time. He has won so many matches lucky through college. … He was wrestling my teammate Tyron Woodley in the Big 12 finals, 2005-06, somewhere around there, and [the score] was 1-1 in the third. Tyron’s in on a shot, and Johny kept sticking his fingers into Tyron’s mouth. So finally Tyron bites him, which he shouldn’t have done, but when someone’s sticking fingers in your mouth, it’s like, c’mon, so he gave up a point because he bit him, land he lost match 2-1. And it’s like c’mon, is that really how you’re going to lose the Big 12 finals? He was just doing sneaky s– like that all the time.”
    That’s not all, Askren explained that he once tried to wrestle Hendricks at the All-star classic wrestling meet, but the match never happened.
    “The people at the All-Star Classic said you can’t do that because you’re not the same weight class. I said I don’t care, I’ll make the sacrifice, I’ll go down in weight. I want to beat this dude bad. They never did make it happen. A couple years down the road I heard it was because he turned the match down personally. I can’t confirm or deny that face.”
    Earlier this summer Askren has a run in with Hendricks at the TUF 19 finale, which Hendricks still denies.
    “I stopped him, I said Johny, go tell Dana [White] we need to fight…His response was ‘Dana who?’ At this point I’m so dumbfounded he said Dana who, I’m like obviously you know who I’m talking about Johny, don’t be a dummy. I just started laughing, before I finished laughing, he walked off. That was our face to face right there, if he said I didn’t say anything to his face that’s a damn lie.”
    - See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/ben-askren-dis....VUCzCp92.dpuf

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

A couple years down the road I heard it was because he turned the match down personally. I can’t confirm or deny that face.
    I gotta deny yours though Ben.

Was great to hear about Hendricks. A guy who wants to win at any cost is where its at.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 01:54 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Reem is cut, saw this coming

@arielhelwani Reem has been cut...

alpinepetey
    alpinepetey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post

Not true. That tweet does not exist.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by alpinepetey View Post
    Not true. That tweet does not exist.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 01:54 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 01:55 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Hapa Browne vs Big Brown at UFC181

mirinquads

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/9/9/612...-las-vegas-mma

Schaub you gonna be playing grap ass in heaven soon enough again.

mirinquads

Damn you V, you quick bastard

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

My inside super sources came up trumps brah!

marzwoody

El Guapo confirms it, Askren is a oyster
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/9/...interview-with

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Fox officials Tuesday revealed to Sherdog.com that UFC Fight Night “Jacare vs. Mousasi 2” delivered a peak audience of 1,068,000 total viewers from 11:30-11:45 p.m. ET, according to Nielsen. The main card averaged 911,000 total viewers.

In contrast, Spike TV officials announced that Bellator 123 reached a peak audience of 979,000 total viewers at 8:34 p.m. ET. The main card averaged 667,000 total viewers.

As both main cards went head-to-head from 10:00-10:45 p.m. ET, Bellator delivered 781,000 viewers, while UFC garnered 834,000, a slim difference of only 53,000 viewers.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post

Bad info brah
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/10...ng-loss-to-ben

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Some interesting shiit from Dolce...talks about Oliveira cutting weight in sauna all week. Talks about the BJ Penn situation as well...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Haha rockhold and bisping in Oz having a friendly chat

http://www.bjpenn.com/scuffle-harsh-...ckhold-heated/

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/larissa...ly-breadwinner

Youngest? Based on picture she looks 43.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Lol yee at least 30 for sure. Brazil is almost as bad as Nigeria and Cameroon tho for making up ages!

how old would you guess this fella is?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  27.1 KB

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

That gentleman is 44 years old.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Good guess.

However, Diego Costa is apparently only 25! Born 7th October 1988 in Lagarto, Brazil.

marzwoody

Bisping wins the trash talk.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Good guess.

However, Diego Costa is apparently only 25! Born 7th October 1988 in Lagarto, Brazil.
    Shit, I hope I look that good when I turn 25.

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Lol yee at least 30 for sure. Brazil is almost as bad as Nigeria and Cameroon tho for making up ages!

how old would you guess this fella is?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  27.1 KB
    Must have some Nogueira genetics

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ha yee he does look a bit like Nog

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The plot thickens!

I wonder if BJ utilised his vertical tippy-toes meerkat stance when he busted up Nik Lentz?!

BJ Penn Breaks His Silence On Mike Dolce – Exclusive

Earlier this week, Mike Dolce appeared on The Joe Rogan Experience Podcast and revealed several details about his time in the camp of BJ Penn, ahead of Penn’s third five-round fight against Frankie Edgar.
    In order to get some clarity on some issues, we contacted our namesake, Mr. BJ Penn, to get his thoughts on some of the items that were brought up.
    Here’s the transcript of that discussion:
    BJPENN.COM: Mike Dolce threw out a lot of accusations in his recent interview with Joe Rogan. Can we go over some of his more prominent points?
    BJ Penn: “I’m an open book for BJPENN.COM”
    BJPENN.COM: One of the first things he said was that he had no influence in your last training camp. Is that true?
    BJ Penn: “He said he had no influence in my camp, but he brought in sparring partners, did my food and diet, and had me do his treadmill, plyometrics, and core routines. I don’t know what he’s talking about.”
    BJPENN.COM: What was Dolce’s fee for all this?
    BJ Penn: “I hadn’t been to 145 (pounds) in 18 years and that cut was intimidating. I wanted to get it right, so we brought in Mike Dolce, and paid him $22,000.00 for 21 days of service. That’s $1000.00 per day plus a $1000.00 tip.”
    BJPENN.COM: Dolce said he filled your place with food, pasta, free range beef, all these things including tons of sea salt. In his words, “enough food to feed a family of six”. True?
    BJ Penn: “There was no food in the apartment, and he never told me what to eat.
    That’s the first thing I thought after the fight, was that I should have just filled this place with food and not listened to Dolce. But when you pay someone that kind of money, you entrust them to do their job and take that off your hands.”
    BJPENN.COM: Mike said in his interview that your training wasn’t right. That you trained just once per day but not everyday, is that right?
    BJ Penn: “We trained 5-6 days a week. Cardio in the morning, I ran anywhere from 4 to 8 miles a day, and sparring/grappling and MMA training in the evening. I sparred 5 rounds at any moment. I passed all his treadmill intervals with flying colors, and I listened to him on every step of the diet that he gave me.”
    BJPENN.COM: He said that there were no quality sparring partners and that he brought in your two best guys last-minute.
    BJ Penn: “We had Dominick Cruz, Lowen Tynanes, Russell Doane, and the guys Dolce brought in, Nik Lentz and Mirsad Bektic.”
    BJPENN.COM: In the interview, Dolce made it sound like nothing was getting done and Nik Lentz, left early as a result?
    BJ Penn: “He brought Nick Lentz in for 5 rounds, but he couldn’t continue after the 4th and left the cage bloodied. Dolce even walked up to me after and said he ‘knew I was going to win the fight because I just broke Nik Lentz’.
    I don’t know why he’s saying my camp wasn’t good. Everyone I sparred with knows that I was well prepared, including the two sparring partners that he brought in “
    BJPENN.COM: What happened from the scale to the ring?
    BJ Penn: I turned down the I.V., so Dolce made an attempt to rehydrate me in a different way that he does.
    I woke up the next day (fight day ) at 150 (pounds) and I ate this much food for the 13 hours before the fight that day. (Shows Page from Dolce’s diet log)
    Dolce didn’t come to check on me, or monitor my weight, and I couldn’t get in touch with him. I don’t feel there was any real attempt to get back to my sparring weight after weighing in.
    From all my years of experience in the UFC, every second counts from the scale to the cage, and Mike Dolce didn’t share the same mentality as I did.
    Dolce made every meal I ate the whole time I was there [in Vegas], and now after the fact, he says I should have went and ate my own food if I was hungry.
    “After the fight I asked him why he fed me so little on fight day.
    And all he said was, ‘Why didn’t you go eat if you were hungry?”
    I replied, ‘I was waiting for the $20,0000 dollar man to tell me what to do.’, then he said, ‘Take your $20,000.00 back then.”
    I figured that paying this guy $1,000 a day, I could just focus on the fight and Dolce would focus on the food and weight cut. But I guess that was my job to focus on the food, and my weight, and the money was charity for the Dolce Diet.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/bj-penn-breaks-his-silence-on-mike-dolce-exclusive/#sthash.Ejagg0qJ.dpuf
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-14-15 at 01:56 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Love the mustache comment

Tecia Torres and Carla Esparza have bitter exchange regarding PED usage

While many fans were hoping to see "The Tiny Tornado" clash with former Invicta FC strawweight champion Carla Esparza in the TUF house, Torres' loss throws a monkey wrench into those plans for the foreseeable future.

Yet that has not stopped the two from exchanging bitter words on Instagram, where Torres vehemently defended herself against apparent steroid accusations.
    "I'm going to do this once and leave it alone! I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER put any illegal substance in my body in any way shape or form. I have never even had a sip of alcohol in my life, let alone a cigarette, or any drug! I am true to my word about being straight-edged 100 %. I can't help it that I am genetically gifted & my 20 years of hard work, martial arts, and dedication shows! SideNote: And to you Carla @carlaesparza1 who consistently has something to say about my body. I lived with you for 6 weeks and nothing about my body changed! So keep your comments to yourself. The End."
    Soon afterwards, Esparza offered her own lengthy retort.
    "LMAO!!!! You are really going to include my name in this? Alright, so let me start by saying this: for someone who is constantly going on and on about their "college degree" (which I have 1 as well, but don't go bragging about it), you sure seem to not be able to read! Someone commented: "I'm still confused about Tecia. She looked and moved like a different person." I responded, "Interesting observation. I'll say quite a few girls in the house had their theories about that. I'll just leave it at that." Did I say I was accusing you??
    Did I say "Yea bc she was totally on roids before and now that she had to be clean for the house, her performance suffered!"?? Nope! Tecia what's sad is, in a way I defended you saying that if you don't know for sure without a doubt, you can't accuse someone. You wanna hear what OTHER people were saying?!? "Oh, that's why she has that mustache and facial hair bc of all the steroids she's done." "Hmm looks like her back acne is clearing up not that she's forced to be clean." "She eat like absolute crap, yet still keeps her build." "Funny how she goes undefeated, but now that she doesn't have her steroids, she loses." Tecia, I'm not saying I agree with those statements, and I wasn't going out of my way to bad mouth you!! That's just what was said, ok!!? I'm not hating on you, I couldn't care less about you. So I'm just gonna let this go, enjoy your time at home, have a nice life. Peace"

1234 ... Last