1. #1
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 116
    Betpoints: 1491

    *RESOLVED* BOL cancelled all my pending wagers, won't uncancel

    Edit by SBR: Hi caramba,

    This is not BetOnline's intention. There was a human error involved and all your bets will be reinstated. We can help expedite a resolution if you email us with your account ID and they'll straighten it out.


    On Friday last week, Betonline cancelled all my pending bets. Most of these are longterm bets on politics placed back in February/March. Some losers, but most of them looking very likely to be winners, such as Biden to become Democratic nominee and Sanders not to become Democratic nominee. And they cancel these just weeks before the democratic convention where the nomination will take place and bets will be settled. Biden is currently -2500 to be the democratic nominee, most of my bets on him are at +300 and +350. Sanders is currently no odds offered (on Betfair he is +30000), my bets on him not be nominee were mostly around +100. My pending wagers, that they voided, are for a little over 60,000 USD, but with the majority looking like winners the value is between 80,000-90,000 USD, I need to calculate exact numbers. So basically this could cost me between 20,000-30,000 USD.
    Their reasoning for cancelling is that I'm in a country where they just stopped allowing customers. (Customers from my country were allowed when I signed up and placed the bets). So they voided all my pending wagers and freeplay balance on Friday July 24th. BUT, they also told me that I am a platinum customer so they will let me continue to play with them. I asked them to have all my pending wagers uncancelled but was told that "This email is to kindly inform you that is not possible for a wager that was refunded or canceled to take action."
    I have filed a complaint with SBR and was told someone had been assigned to my case, and I sent an email for updates, but have not heard back. This was only two days ago since I sent that email so I realize it can longer than that to get a reply.
    I am hoping common sense will prevail, but it's quite the stressful situation. Some of my pending bets will be decided as soon as next week, and some of the bets are on the Democratic VP which will be announced anyday, and the majority of my pending wagers will be settled by mid August. So I would like this cleared up as soon as possible.
    Advice appreciated.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 07-31-20 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lonnie55

  2. #2
    Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-01-16
    Posts: 899
    Betpoints: 115

    Crazy straight robbery

  3. #3
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,550
    Betpoints: 24308

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    On Friday last week, Betonline cancelled all my pending bets. Most of these are longterm bets on politics placed back in February/March. Some losers, but most of them looking very likely to be winners, such as Biden to become Democratic nominee and Sanders not to become Democratic nominee. And they cancel these just weeks before the democratic convention where the nomination will take place and bets will be settled. Biden is currently -2500 to be the democratic nominee, most of my bets on him are at +300 and +350. Sanders is currently no odds offered (on Betfair he is +30000), my bets on him not be nominee were mostly around +100. My pending wagers, that they voided, are for a little over 60,000 USD, but with the majority looking like winners the value is between 80,000-90,000 USD, I need to calculate exact numbers. So basically this could cost me between 20,000-30,000 USD.
    Their reasoning for cancelling is that I'm in a country where they just stopped allowing customers. (Customers from my country were allowed when I signed up and placed the bets). So they voided all my pending wagers and freeplay balance on Friday July 24th. BUT, they also told me that I am a platinum customer so they will let me continue to play with them. I asked them to have all my pending wagers uncancelled but was told that "This email is to kindly inform you that is not possible for a wager that was refunded or canceled to take action."
    I have filed a complaint with SBR and was told someone had been assigned to my case, and I sent an email for updates, but have not heard back. This was only two days ago since I sent that email so I realize it can longer than that to get a reply.
    I am hoping common sense will prevail, but it's quite the stressful situation. Some of my pending bets will be decided as soon as next week, and some of the bets are on the Democratic VP which will be announced anyday, and the majority of my pending wagers will be settled by mid August. So I would like this cleared up as soon as possible.
    Advice appreciated.
    This is insane, and highway robbery. When Pinnacle stopped US betting, they kept all pending wagers for US customers. I had a Political wager that wasn't settled until months later, that they paid out.

  4. #4
    Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-08
    Posts: 312
    Betpoints: 4873

    That's criminal. They did the same to New Jersey players last year but nothing would have been this extreme. Who knows what state/country will be next? Be careful with BOL. Hope they do the right thing here.

  5. #5
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,702
    Betpoints: 48

    Shady as hell. I always keep an eye open for a reason to play at BO again but shit like this makes them look crooked as hell. We are canceling your wagers because your country is not allowed but you can continue to play with us? WTF is that? Iím sure SBR will straighten this out, itís a damn shame you would even have to file a complaint and make a thread about a supposed A+ banner book. 100% Betonline taking a cheap shot at a player hoping he doesnít know better, shame on Betonline.Itís almost like the breached account method wasnít working so they resorted to the banned country after the fact method. No thanks BO, thereís a reason I donít there and you refresh my memory often.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  6. #6
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 112
    Betpoints: 633

    They don't deserve to be A+ book

    Downgrade those slimy bastards to C- SBR!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ksherm

  7. #7
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,344
    Betpoints: 8983

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Their reasoning for cancelling is that I'm in a country where they just stopped allowing customers.
    VS
    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    BUT, they also told me that I am a platinum customer so they will let me continue to play with them.
    Unbelievable.

  8. #8
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,344
    Betpoints: 8983

    Like "Hey, we would like to keep you as a customer but we are not allowed to keep you as a customer so we voided all of your pending bets, you can keep playing with us though."

    WHAT THE F*CK?!

  9. #9
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 116
    Betpoints: 1491

    Thanks for support. Robbery was the word that came to mind for me as well.

    I actually believe it's not something sinister going on on their part, I think it's just incompetence from their CS so far. And I hope that once a manager has a look at the situation it will get sorted.

    BOL has treated me well in the past despite much frustation with their CS, but like mentioned I shouldn't have to stress out over something like this and have to invest time and effort into something that should be so easily corrected.

    lonnie55, I know.

  10. #10
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 112
    Betpoints: 633

    You never know what can happen in a week.

    what if a picture of Biden that has dildo in his ass leaks out ??????


  11. #11
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by jedihyoju View Post
    You never know what can happen in a week.

    what if a picture of Biden that has dildo in his ass leaks out ??????

    what is wrong with that some may say

  12. #12
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    On Friday last week, Betonline cancelled all my pending bets. Most of these are longterm bets on politics placed back in February/March. Some losers, but most of them looking very likely to be winners, such as Biden to become Democratic nominee and Sanders not to become Democratic nominee. And they cancel these just weeks before the democratic convention where the nomination will take place and bets will be settled. Biden is currently -2500 to be the democratic nominee, most of my bets on him are at +300 and +350. Sanders is currently no odds offered (on Betfair he is +30000), my bets on him not be nominee were mostly around +100. My pending wagers, that they voided, are for a little over 60,000 USD, but with the majority looking like winners the value is between 80,000-90,000 USD, I need to calculate exact numbers. So basically this could cost me between 20,000-30,000 USD.
    Their reasoning for cancelling is that I'm in a country where they just stopped allowing customers. (Customers from my country were allowed when I signed up and placed the bets). So they voided all my pending wagers and freeplay balance on Friday July 24th. BUT, they also told me that I am a platinum customer so they will let me continue to play with them. I asked them to have all my pending wagers uncancelled but was told that "This email is to kindly inform you that is not possible for a wager that was refunded or canceled to take action."
    I have filed a complaint with SBR and was told someone had been assigned to my case, and I sent an email for updates, but have not heard back. This was only two days ago since I sent that email so I realize it can longer than that to get a reply.
    I am hoping common sense will prevail, but it's quite the stressful situation. Some of my pending bets will be decided as soon as next week, and some of the bets are on the Democratic VP which will be announced anyday, and the majority of my pending wagers will be settled by mid August. So I would like this cleared up as soon as possible.
    Advice appreciated.
    You just got robbed by an A+ book. What a shame. They better do the right thing.

  13. #13
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 1,572
    Betpoints: 3260

    BOL SBAG two of my favorite books. What country are you in?
    I think this will get cleared up. It's probably just two departments that aren't communicating well.
    Looking forward to hearing what the resolution is.
    GL Caramba!

  14. #14
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 116
    Betpoints: 1491

    Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    BOL SBAG two of my favorite books. What country are you in?
    I think this will get cleared up. It's probably just two departments that aren't communicating well.
    Looking forward to hearing what the resolution is.
    GL Caramba!
    I'm in the UK. Will post in this thread when there are updates.

  15. #15
    SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 4,472
    Betpoints: 95032

    This is not BetOnline's intention. There was a human error involved and all your bets will be reinstated. We can help expedite a resolution if you email us with your account ID and they'll straighten it out.
    Last edited by SBR Forum; 07-31-20 at 01:15 PM. Reason: updated

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  16. #16
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 116
    Betpoints: 1491

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi caramba,

    This is not BetOnline's intention. It's a tech issue from what we understand so far that they'll handle for anyone affected. All you have to do is file a claim with your account ID and they'll straighten it out.
    That's great to hear. Thanks for looking into this. I thought that was the case, but then I got that bs answer from their CS so I filed a complaint with SBR. So I already filed a complaint with my BOL acc ID listed and with details. So do I need to do anything else, such as filing a complaint again with new info, or will BOL sort it from here?

  17. #17
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,702
    Betpoints: 48

    It may be a tech issue but there is also a major customer service rep issue. Where would a lowly CSR get the idea of canceling winning bets because he's from a banned country from? And why would everyone need to file a complaint form? Shouldn't BO fix it for everyone regardless of the form?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  18. #18
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,064
    Betpoints: 498

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi caramba,

    This is not BetOnline's intention. It's a tech issue from what we understand so far that they'll handle for anyone affected. All you have to do is file a claim with your account ID and they'll straighten it out.
    This is very concerning to me. I have lots of long term futures and unfortunately there is a gap in my record keeping. How do I know if I've been affected? Shouldn't they just proactively fix the problem for all customers instead of putting it on us to tell them?

  19. #19
    pologq
    I'm Over Here Now
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 5,334
    Betpoints: 1092

    should not be the player's job to file a complaint when the book messed up and admits to the mistake. that is just wrong. they should just fix it.

  20. #20
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,344
    Betpoints: 8983

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    This is very concerning to me. I have lots of long term futures and unfortunately there is a gap in my record keeping. How do I know if I've been affected? Shouldn't they just proactively fix the problem for all customers instead of putting it on us to tell them?
    Maybe that's exactly their calculus. Many player won't even notice that something is wrong. In those cases, that's "free lunch" for BOL

    What a disgrace.

    Technical error, sure...

  21. #21
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 2,344
    Betpoints: 8983

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    All you have to do is file a claim with your account ID and they'll straighten it out.
    I don't see the point why the PLAYER has to proactively open a case. BOL messed up and it's their job to fix the problem.

    What happens to a mistakenly voided bet if the players does not take notice of the error?

  22. #22
    SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 4,472
    Betpoints: 95032

    Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    I don't see the point why the PLAYER has to proactively open a case. BOL messed up and it's their job to fix the problem.

    What happens to a mistakenly voided bet if the players does not take notice of the error?
    He doesn't have to do anything, but SBR offers a free email assistance program where we can directly provide the account # of some of the users affected. Yes, they know it was their issue and the bets are being reinstated, but if he didn't want assistance, he wouldn't have posted, so I'm not really sure your objection.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  23. #23
    SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 4,472
    Betpoints: 95032

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    This is very concerning to me. I have lots of long term futures and unfortunately there is a gap in my record keeping. How do I know if I've been affected? Shouldn't they just proactively fix the problem for all customers instead of putting it on us to tell them?
    It was an isolated matter affecting specific players. You have nothing to worry about. They are on top of it.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  24. #24
    caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 116
    Betpoints: 1491

    Bets reinstated. Thanks SBR.

  25. #25
    SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date: 12-02-06
    Posts: 4,472
    Betpoints: 95032

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Bets reinstated. Thanks SBR.
    Thanks for confirming.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  26. #26
    BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-14-12
    Posts: 2,096
    Betpoints: 243

    Reports coming out Biden just croaked. Sanders likely US Democratic candidate.

  27. #27
    PD77
    You know your stripper from your paint
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,702
    Betpoints: 48

    Some serious damage control by SBR in this thread. Glad it’s fixed for OP but it’s still shady. Why would CSR tell him the bets were voided because he’s from a banned country and in the same breath say they want to keep him as a customer so he can continue to play? I’m not buying the tech issue bs, they took a shot and got caught.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/13/2020


  28. #28
    PuffDaddy
    PuffDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-27-19
    Posts: 58
    Betpoints: 2065

    Ay! Caramba

  29. #29
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,064
    Betpoints: 498

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    It was an isolated matter affecting specific players. You have nothing to worry about. They are on top of it.
    Okay. I'll take your (BOL's) word on this. Things look okay, but I have so many pending that some could be deleted and I'd never know until I get my spreadsheet back in order. The original phrasing of the response from BOL was concerning - that's all.

  30. #30
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 1,572
    Betpoints: 3260

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Bets reinstated. Thanks SBR.
    SBR helps out yet again. Love you guys. Awesome help!!!
    Thanks also to BOL for fixing things.

  31. #31
    Stumpage
    Stumpage's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 2,841
    Betpoints: 7406

    Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    Bets reinstated. Thanks SBR.
    Congrats caramba; That must have been a rough week for you to say the least. Glad it got worked out...

  32. #32
    pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-23-08
    Posts: 29,391
    Betpoints: 118

    Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    SBR helps out yet again. Love you guys. Awesome help!!!
    Thanks also to BOL for fixing things.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  33. #33
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 112
    Betpoints: 633

    Another example of Sportsbooks trying to screw up player unless SBR helps out.

    They are acting like its a mistake but they clearly reviewed it when Caramba reported it.

    Slimy bastards ;(

    Glad you got your money!

  34. #34
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-06-12
    Posts: 1,174
    Betpoints: 11795

    LOL business as usual for bol.

Top