dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

am i wrong here?!

bear with me, it gets a little long.

so, i'm wagering at my book and i'm around mid 4 digits. i go to place a wager in the live betting and it's not taking. i try for a few minutes and then the whole live system just goes down. i really want to get this wager in, so i'm checking like crazy for the next hour waiting for it. but, same crap. "no matches available." and then it becomes too late. (wager i wanted goes on to win, costing me around $1265 profit.)

hours later, live betting still unavailable. i go to make a parlay wager through regular betting. one match is 2 hours away, but the other starts in a few minutes. so i set it up and go to place it, but it gives a processing error that it was cancelled. whatever, i reload the pages and set it up again real quick. when i place it, i get the match is unavailable message. i'm like WHAT?! i glance at the time and it just changes over to 1 minute BEFORE match start time. i make sure my clock is internet updated so it's always spot on. i still had around 65-70 seconds to place that wager when i attempted it. (wager also goes on to win, costing me around $560 profit.)

so, after about 10 minutes of trying to reduce my rage, i go hunting around the site for the crappy secondary live betting. and to my surprise it has the one match i was just trying to wager on. the team i was going to pick basically started off as a pick em'.. but now they were +300 because of a slow start. that wasn't going to deter me from taking them though. so i'm trying to moneyline them.. but of course, it's not accepting.

the line keeps appearing for 2 seconds, then disappearing. over and over. i have the ticket up, but it won't update. so i have to keep removing it, adding it, typing in my amount. absolutely no freakin' chance. simply impossible. then it won't come back. i'm waiting 4-5 minutes, no moneyline. so i figure screw it, let me take the +5.5. that keeps appearing and disappearing as well. after a few minutes of super hustle i finally get it. then i realize like 10 minutes later, because i had to put so much effort just into getting the ticket accepted, i accidentally took the other team at -5.5 HAHAHAHAHA! first time i've EVER done that, and it was because i felt so rushed.

needless to say, that lost. ($500 down instead of $1500 profit on the moneyline or $410 profit from the spread.)

at this point, combined with other alternative matches i selected during this whole thing, my mid 4 digits just got wiped out. and of course, as soon as i hit $0, the original live betting makes its miraculous comeback after being down for almost 10 hours.

so, can't say i was too happy! to fast forward a little, i'm now talking to the book and they offer me an additional rewards program on top of the one i have and a cash amount that comes with it under $200. this is a joke to me, but i do appreciate the fact they were somewhat acknowledging (at least i thought) their system errors and were trying to offer something.

i then give them an amount i think is fair. they quickly say no. so i try to meet them in the middle and figure asking them for the parlay i was bullshittingly denied on is solid. the $500 i was wagering and $560 profit for $1060 total is nothing compared to the estimated $4000-6000 i would have had IF their system was working properly.

not only does the guy say no and point to the shitty rewards thing they offered me.. but he has the balls to basically tell me to get my wagers in quicker. yeahhh, that didn't go over well with me. the F bombs and everything else came flying out.

i mean, am i wrong here? i'm tired of online nonsense. i hope these scumbags get burned when it's all legalized. their attitude is always the same. it's always someone else's fault. anyone but them.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

There is really i do not think nothing you can do since you never actually made the wager. It sucks that you picked the wrong one because you were rushed . They probably offered you the crappy reward points just to try and please you in some way without costing themselves too much. That is one reason i hate live bets because it changes so much.

But unless i am reading your story wrong you actually never made the bet you wanted to make. So there really is no way i see they pay off a bet that was never made. Or even made the wrong bet because the system hurried you. Despite their problem the bet was never made. Had your bet managed to win i am pretty sure you would not have called them. Maybe if you JUST made the bet and saw the error and called them saying their system is messed up and you made the wrong bet because of it maybe they would have changed it as long as the odds were not too different.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

You are degenerate gambler. Their system dind work proper. Next time this shit happend,log out and come back in few hours.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18989

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post

so, i'm wagering at my book and i'm around mid 4 digits. i go to place a wager in the live betting and it's not taking. i try for a few minutes and then the whole live system just goes down. i really want to get this wager in, so i'm checking like crazy for the next hour waiting for it. but, same crap. "no matches available." and then it becomes too late. (wager i wanted goes on to win, costing me around $1265 profit.)

hours later, live betting still unavailable. i go to make a parlay wager through regular betting. one match is 2 hours away, but the other starts in a few minutes. so i set it up and go to place it, but it gives a processing error that it was cancelled. whatever, i reload the pages and set it up again real quick. when i place it, i get the match is unavailable message. i'm like WHAT?! i glance at the time and it just changes over to 1 minute BEFORE match start time. i make sure my clock is internet updated so it's always spot on. i still had around 65-70 seconds to place that wager when i attempted it. (wager also goes on to win, costing me around $560 profit.)

so, after about 10 minutes of trying to reduce my rage, i go hunting around the site for the crappy secondary live betting. and to my surprise it has the one match i was just trying to wager on. the team i was going to pick basically started off as a pick em'.. but now they were +300 because of a slow start. that wasn't going to deter me from taking them though. so i'm trying to moneyline them.. but of course, it's not accepting.

the line keeps appearing for 2 seconds, then disappearing. over and over. i have the ticket up, but it won't update. so i have to keep removing it, adding it, typing in my amount. absolutely no freakin' chance. simply impossible. then it won't come back. i'm waiting 4-5 minutes, no moneyline. so i figure screw it, let me take the +5.5. that keeps appearing and disappearing as well. after a few minutes of super hustle i finally get it. then i realize like 10 minutes later, because i had to put so much effort just into getting the ticket accepted, i accidentally took the other team at -5.5 HAHAHAHAHA! first time i've EVER done that, and it was because i felt so rushed.

needless to say, that lost. ($500 down instead of $1500 profit on the moneyline or $410 profit from the spread.)

at this point, combined with other alternative matches i selected during this whole thing, my mid 4 digits just got wiped out. and of course, as soon as i hit $0, the original live betting makes its miraculous comeback after being down for almost 10 hours.

so, can't say i was too happy! to fast forward a little, i'm now talking to the book and they offer me an additional rewards program on top of the one i have and a cash amount that comes with it under $200. this is a joke to me, but i do appreciate the fact they were somewhat acknowledging (at least i thought) their system errors and were trying to offer something.

i then give them an amount i think is fair. they quickly say no. so i try to meet them in the middle and figure asking them for the parlay i was bullshittingly denied on is solid. the $500 i was wagering and $560 profit for $1060 total is nothing compared to the estimated $4000-6000 i would have had IF their system was working properly.

not only does the guy say no and point to the shitty rewards thing they offered me.. but he has the balls to basically tell me to get my wagers in quicker. yeahhh, that didn't go over well with me. the F bombs and everything else came flying out.

i mean, am i wrong here? i'm tired of online nonsense. i hope these scumbags get burned when it's all legalized. their attitude is always the same. it's always someone else's fault. anyone but them.
    Yes. You are wrong.

You are not entitled to anything. You can bet only when you want to AND when they're able to process your bet. If there's a system problem then you're out of luck, win or lose. If you click on the wrong selection, (and most of us have at 1 time or another), then it's on you. They tried to compensate you and you acted like a dick. If and when something really goes wrong don't expect anyone to be in your corner.

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    There is really i do not think nothing you can do since you never actually made the wager. It sucks that you picked the wrong one because you were rushed . They probably offered you the crappy reward points just to try and please you in some way without costing themselves too much. That is one reason i hate live bets because it changes so much.

But unless i am reading your story wrong you actually never made the bet you wanted to make. So there really is no way i see they pay off a bet that was never made. Or even made the wrong bet because the system hurried you. Despite their problem the bet was never made. Had your bet managed to win i am pretty sure you would not have called them. Maybe if you JUST made the bet and saw the error and called them saying their system is messed up and you made the wrong bet because of it maybe they would have changed it as long as the odds were not too different.
    yeah, that's the main issue, i can't actually point to the bets because they simply weren't getting accepted. i included the whole situation to them as in explaining their shit is wildly inconsistent. i've complained numerous times about it in the past, but i always get the standard "live betting is 3rd party" crap. as if they have no responsibility for making sure it's operating properly. and they just ignore the matches being pulled before the start time.

ultimately i was trying to settle on just that parlay part because that 100% should not have happened in my opinion. and when your reply is "get your bets in quicker".. that's definitely a rage trigger. if you list a basketball match at 11, then i should be free to bet on that damn match until it turns 11. i don't care if i do it at 8:30 or 10:59. 11 means 11.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

which bookie you talking about? I experienced something quite similar, for me it was the "today's matches" page in soccer section. I remember I had like 4 digits balance... I noticed that whenever I was winning like for several consecutive days that "page" would give an error message and not show any match for today. I would refresh, log out log in...I would even cleared cookies history etc but to no avail. I did feel like something wrong was going on...or maybe its just my imagination...

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Yes. You are wrong.

You are not entitled to anything. You can bet only when you want to AND when they're able to process your bet. If there's a system problem then you're out of luck, win or lose. If you click on the wrong selection, (and most of us have at 1 time or another), then it's on you. They tried to compensate you and you acted like a dick. If and when something really goes wrong don't expect anyone to be in your corner.
    if you're OK with live betting cutting you off in the middle of a wager, without notice of downtime, and then being offline for an unknown amount of time.. that's your thing i guess. when a book lists live betting as a feature, it should function properly and everyone should be able to use it freely. there is no entitlement.

shrugging it off and saying it's a 3rd party is absolute bullshit to me, and i will not tolerate it. just like i will not tolerate matches i want to bet on disappearing minutes before the official start time listed. losing thousands of dollars due to these system errors is something "really going wrong" for me. they weren't in my corner and i won't be using them ever again.

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    which bookie you talking about? I experienced something quite similar, for me it was the "today's matches" page in soccer section. I remember I had like 4 digits balance... I noticed that whenever I was winning like for several consecutive days that "page" would give an error message and not show any match for today. I would refresh, log out log in...I would even cleared cookies history etc but to no avail. I did feel like something wrong was going on...or maybe its just my imagination...
    it's a top rated book here. i don't think (at least i'd hope) anything is shady about it, other than it's shit and goes offline for long periods of time without warning. you probably just hit an unlucky stretch like i did. i use bet365's in-play system for scoreboard watching all the time.. and i've NEVER seen it go down, not even for a second. it's super smooth, lag free and gives you plenty of time. so clearly not everyone uses the same garbage software.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10752

yeah, that's the main issue, i can't actually point to the bets because they simply weren't getting accepted. i included the whole situation to them as in explaining their shit is wildly inconsistent. i've complained numerous times about it in the past, but i always get the standard "live betting is 3rd party" crap. as if they have no responsibility for making sure it's operating properly. and they just ignore the matches being pulled before the start time.

ultimately i was trying to settle on just that parlay part because that 100% should not have happened in my opinion. and when your reply is "get your bets in quicker".. that's definitely a rage trigger. if you list a basketball match at 11, then i should be free to bet on that damn match until it turns 11. i don't care if i do it at 8:30 or 10:59. 11 means 11.
    Yea if you made the bet then it disappeared and you saved it then you can do something. At least they did something for you.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Lol if the parlay had lost there would be no thread, he would be thankful. You think you’re entitled to live betting? You’re not. If you were good at live betting, you wouldn’t even have the option to bet live.

You have some bad tilt issues. Seek gamblers anonymous and/or angry management.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

sometimes matches K.O. earlier than scheduled. So give urself plenty of time to analyse and wager...but thats not the point of this thread...it would be good for us to know which bookie you referring to ??

booziebilly
    booziebilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

You are a tool that deserved nothing ! I am sure there were times when live betting wasn't working that your bets would have lost and you were happy they didn't get placed. Now this one time , where you could have won, you complain like an 'entitled degenerate gambler" that you deserve something ... YOU DESERVE NOTHING ! I can't believe they gave you anything. Go seek counselling ASAP !

michael777
    michael777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

another scammer

dxp

pretty disappointed to see these dummy comments of entitlement with some people acting like it's a special privilege just to use it. live betting is an advertised feature that should work like everything else. if people are getting blocked because they win too much or they just accept it being broken a decent chunk of the time, no wonder books basically have this shit attitude.

as for not complaining if my parlay had lost. i thought i made it clear i have complained in the past about matches being pulled too early? there have been plenty of times it happened when i would have lost, but equally as many times as i would have won. i could have taken screenshots tons of times for crap being pulled at like 7:54 or 7:56 when the listed time is 8:00 and i won, but i never have. the whole point is you are supposed to be able to place the bet that is available by common rules and logic.

in fact, i usually do the opposite. if a match is starting at 9am and the book time is mistakenly listed as 9pm, and i'm wagering on it, i make sure the wager is in early and i send them an email that there time slot is messed up.

the problem this time is, their downtime and errors combined and cost me big. i don't play that shit. attitude here sometimes reminds me of the video game industry. companies releasing unfinished games, whoring money through cheesy microtransactions and constant hotfixes for their crashing product.. yet people act like it's water in the desert and will do anything to defend these greedy companies.