daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

**** Processor Down

Tried depositing on 5Dimes, they said ------ down for 2-3 weeks? They gonna get this fixed by NFL regular season or what Don't really want to send via ------ some guy in Nicaragua and don't have bitcoin.
    Last edited by shari91; 08-20-18 at 10:15 PM. Reason: processing information... words are blocked for a reason on the forum

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

1) go to app store and install Airbitz on your phone.

2) go to your local bitcoin ATM https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+atm+locations

3) deposit dollars into machine, scan your Airbitz wallet code and get your bitcoin.

4) go to 5Dimes deposit page, select bitcoin and enter an amount, then scan the code with phone/airbitz and click send.

Will take 10-20 mins to be in your account.

I know it's not as convenient as a card the first time but it will be cheaper than P2P and none of the hassle of having to deal with the clerk or give ID etc.

Plus it makes it much easier to use multiple books and switch money between them fast and for no cost.

Optional

BTW, the machines usually charge 7%-10% commission.

If you plan to use it regularly, get the phone number off the side and call the owner to negotiate a better rate. 4.5% seems to be standard.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its usually much cheap to buy bitcoin person to person although it would take longer, you can usually find someone on an exchange willing to charge 2-3% commission - probably doesn't matter if you're depositing $200 or less but for bigger amounts I would not pay 7-10% commission.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

I tried depositing with your method about 2 months ago. The processor was down and had been "for a few weeks" at that time as well. I figured out a way to get hold of some bitcoin.
    Last edited by shari91; 08-20-18 at 10:16 PM.

daneault23

Optional, sounds interesting. May give it a try.

I live in the U.S. and have never used bitcoin before, so please correct me if I am wrong, all I need to do is:

1) go to app store and install Airbitz on your phone.-DONE

2) go to your local bitcoin ATM https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+atm+locations-GOING TOMORROW

3) deposit dollars into machine, scan your Airbitz wallet code and get your bitcoin.-DEPOSIT USD BILLS INTO ATM, SCAN THE CODE AND I WILL HAVE BITCOIN

4) go to 5Dimes deposit page, select bitcoin and enter an amount, then scan the code with phone/airbitz and click send.-OKAY

So theoretically, I can have this done in about 1 day? I've heard posters using Coinbase and others etc and it takes a few days?
    Last edited by daneault23; 08-21-18 at 01:08 AM.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Coinbase works great for me when buying bitcoin. I can buy up to $25k instantly from my checking account. No need to go through the hassle or vig of a bitcoin atm

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Optional, sounds interesting. May give it a try.

I live in the U.S. and have never used bitcoin before, so please correct me if I am wrong, all I need to do is:

1) go to app store and install Airbitz on your phone.-DONE

2) go to your local bitcoin ATM https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+atm+locations-GOING TOMORROW

3) deposit dollars into machine, scan your Airbitz wallet code and get your bitcoin.-DEPOSIT USD BILLS INTO ATM, SCAN THE CODE AND I WILL HAVE BITCOIN

4) go to 5Dimes deposit page, select bitcoin and enter an amount, then scan the code with phone/airbitz and click send.-OKAY

So theoretically, I can have this done in about 1 day? I've heard posters using Coinbase and others etc and it takes a few days?
    Yes you have it right Dan. But you can have it all done within half an hour, not a day.

Coinbase.com or Gemini.com will take you a few days to get your money into a book. But is lower fees.

I only suggested this as an alternative to P2P, as going with an ATM is a very similar process and easy to understand.
    Last edited by Optional; 08-21-18 at 09:56 AM.

Optional

One more tip.

Don't go to the bitcoin machine to buy your bitcoin until you are ready to deposit it in the book.

You want to buy it and send it on to the book immediately to avoid dealing with exchange rate fluctuations during the time you are holding your money in bitcoin.

You dont need to worry about a few minutes or half an hour or so. But don't go buy it and leave it sit for a day before depositing just in case there is a big price swing.

I rarely own bitcoin for more than 20 minutes tops.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    1) go to app store and install Airbitz on your phone.

2) go to your local bitcoin ATM https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+atm+locations

3) deposit dollars into machine, scan your Airbitz wallet code and get your bitcoin.

4) go to 5Dimes deposit page, select bitcoin and enter an amount, then scan the code with phone/airbitz and click send.

I know it's not as convenient as a card the first time but it will be cheaper than P2P and none of the hassle of having to deal with the clerk or give ID etc.

Plus it makes it much easier to use multiple books and switch money between them fast and for no cost.
    Just wanted to say thanks for the info. After finding the right ATM that worked (coinme wasn't working), the process was straightforward and easy to follow. From time to deposit into atm and money in book was about 20 mins. 15 of that was driving home to login using laptop to scan the code.