kambodza
    kambodza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Betfair bookmaker frozen my money and not respond

Hi,i placed a bet on Betfair bookmaker on 27.10.2017 and that bet won.After match is finished i received message that my account is frozen and game under investigation and they will answer in 14 days.After 14 days they responded that account is still frozen with all my balance also frozen and investigation may be long for several months,maybe longer! After that i immediately send them email but from that moment Betfair bookmaker not responding at all! I sent them several emails but without success.
    Also I wrote to Ibas regard to my problem and they say they receive my problem and they will respond me in 12-14 weeks.Today,16 weeks is passed and I did not get anwer even from Ibas ! I really dont know what to do,my money is fozen,nobody answer me and i'm lost,dont know where to write about my problem.Please suggest me what to do...Thanks in advance

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Was the bet on a lower level tennis match?

kambodza

Not tennis,I bet on football match. I play before match started. That match was been in live betting,I dont know what to to.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

What match was it?

kambodza

Serbian Super League match between Javor - Radnik Surdulica

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2242

Interesting

Did you bet the Red star game yesterday?

that was jokes.

I cant remember the last time a football game was proven to be fixed. Even when Cameroon/Crotaia was fixed in last world cup, people still got paid

lonnie55

http://data.nowgoal.com/3in1odds/1405222.html

-0.5 1.24 in 78'

https://youtu.be/I4ORhsWm-bo?t=1m12s

That match was fixed. If you knew that you bet on a fixed match you should live with the consequences. If you didn't know it's unlucky but at least you still have a chance to get your winnings. Did you get your deposit back?

kambodza

@cashin81
    No I didn't bet on that game.

@lonnie55
    I didn't know that,but that does not metter right now I think. I cannot back my deposit,I didn't have that solution, account has suspended. I only can login.

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    http://data.nowgoal.com/3in1odds/1405222.html

-0.5 1.24 in 78'

https://youtu.be/I4ORhsWm-bo?t=1m12s

That match was fixed. If you knew that you bet on a fixed match you should live with the consequences. If you didn't know it's unlucky but at least you still have a chance to get your winnings. Did you get your deposit back?
    And if you take bets on fixed leagues, you should live with the consequences also.

I suspect SBObet paid out the 1.24 - no questions asked.

lonnie55

@OP, did you make a withdrawal before? Or was it your very first deposit and bet?
    Last edited by lonnie55; 04-02-18 at 04:48 PM.

lonnie55

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    And if you take bets on fixed leagues, you should live with the consequences also.

Maybe betfair suspended in-play betting when big money came into play, who knows

kambodza

No is not my first deposit and bet on betfair,and I never make withdrawal on betfair because I lose money.
    And betfair offer all match in in-play,I follow match on their site.

Optional

SBObet is not subject to the same rules Betfair's license/s enforce on them.

If there was suspicious betting patterns on the match they are required to report it, suspend all funds, and give the players no more information other than that there is an investigation.

As someone mentioned above, you will very probably get paid the winnings eventually. Once ESSA or the governing body advise that the investigation is done.

Bad news is that this can often take months and sometimes more than a year.

You can complain to the relevant regulator (depending on your location) but you can be assured they will not do not anything and cannot even get your bet cancelled and refunded. You will just have to wait.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Right, but suspending the guy's total balance on Betfair is clearly wrong. ^Suspending the winnings on the match makes sense until the investigation is over.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    Right, but suspending the guy's total balance on Betfair is clearly wrong. ^Suspending the winnings on the match makes sense until the investigation is over.
    You're right. It's usually just the bets on that market that are frozen, not the entire account.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

This might be fixed match,but UEFA never made investigation. So Betfair unlawfully keed OP funds.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    This might be fixed match,but UEFA never made investigation. So Betfair unlawfully keed OP funds.
    How do you know what UEFA did or did not do? And what law are you talking about that says that?

If there are suspicious betting patterns Betfair must report it to their regulator and wait for instructions.

kambodza

Ok,and what you suggest to do. To wait betfair and how long I can wait,or to write to some organisation like ibas?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by kambodza View Post
    Ok,and what you suggest to do. To wait betfair and how long I can wait,or to write to some organisation like ibas?
    If you are in the UK, IBAS is the correct place to appeal.

Outside the UK it is probably http://www.mga.org.mt/support/online-gaming-support/ (unless you are in Italy, Denmark, Romania or Bulgaria)

It is impossible to know how long. Fast ones take a couple of months. Slow ones seem to take 12-18 months. :\

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by kambodza View Post
    id suggest somehow checking if other books settled the game. If for example bigger UK books like williamhill/ladbrokes, settled the game you can use this in your favour.

If they all suspended payments, youre gonna have to wait.

kambodza

id suggest somehow checking if other books settled the game. If for example bigger UK books like williamhill/ladbrokes, settled the game you can use this in your favour.

If they all suspended payments, youre gonna have to wait.
    Bet365 and maraton is settled that game normaly,I found that info on one balkan forum. But I dont have any proof(like screenshot) about that.