rodgethat
    rodgethat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1783

BetDSI took $100 from my bitcoin deposit

I recently made a deposit for bitcoin for $500 cad since my account is in cad funds. I sent them exactly 0.04165339 bitcoin which at the time was for $505 cad ( now even more )After receiving my deposit betdsi credited my account with only $400 cad. My betdsi account is in cad currency.
    After talking to there live chat and on the phone with them they have told me they only work with usd for bitcoin. which $500cad is worth roughly $400 usd, But my betdsi account is still in cad currency so they only credited me with $400 cad when i sent them $500 worth.They won't do anything about this for me or send me back my bitcoin and i am losing over $100 because of this.
    This is also not the first time i have made a deposit with bitcoin, have made multiple deposits with bitcoin and has never been an issue, Always getting the amount i was supposed to, One being as recent as 2 weeks ago even.
    I am a regular sports bettor across 15+ sites, most of which take bitcoin and never run into this problem before ( my account is in cad anywhere that allows for it ).
    I even asked them to change my account to usd then so i would have the right amount and still they would not do this for me.

I see this as a scam and they won't do anything about it for me and i am out my $100, I highly recommend everyone to bet elsewhere.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Was their reason that they had change the funds from USD to CAD?

rodgethat

They told me they only deal with bitcoin with usd, Even though i never had this happen before. That's why i asked to change my account to usd and they would not do it

ace7550

Would they not change it because you are in Canada?

rodgethat

I am in Canada yes but they did not give me any reason

rodgethat

I have literally done 15+ deposits on the site with bitcoin if not more and have never run into this problem, so i don't see why all of a sudden it is. I think the person dealing with deposits made a mistake and now they won't correct it

ace7550

For someone who has done that many deposits you'd think they would figure out a way to make you happy. I would just stop using DSI. Lots of other excellent options out there.

rodgethat

Yep that's my plan just wanted the community to be aware so someone else does not run into this problem with them

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Did you submit a complaint to SBR?

rodgethat

yes i did, right before i made this thread

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

dsi going downhill

i called this months ago

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

It would seem to me that you will be able to get this resolved. (And, bear in mind that cs is usually quite powerless and clueless when it comes to things like this). On the other hand, if not, I guess you could open an account in euros, and they would credit you with $400 euros when you send them $400 USD? Or, if you withdraw your $400 Canadian, they will send you $400 USD?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993419

Thank you for sharing. We've asked BetDSI for comment.

rodgethat

Thought i would give an update, Today i withdrew my balance of $880 cad with bitcoin, I rec'd $880 cad worth of bitcoin ( 0.06990266 ). So there claim they only use usd for bitcoin is total bs and they just robbed me of $100.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    dsi going downhill

i called this months ago
    I truly don't understand how you can mismanage a book... that was once very strong? You could be blind... and run it better than these people now. Hearing how they owe a player nearly 24k and won't pay him.... time to pull out.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I truly don't understand how you can mismanage a book... that was once very strong? You could be blind... and run it better than these people now. Hearing how they owe a player nearly 24k and won't pay him.... time to pull out.
    I can’t remember a theft like this from a good book. I recall Corey and the Easystreet theft but dam Betdsi?

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Do you folks really think DSI suddenly decided to steal $100 of somebody's deposit? (Maybe they did, I don't know). To me though, this has all the makings of a screw up on somebody's part, and it ought to be something that can be resolved. Who knows, though, I guess.

rodgethat

Resolved, Got through to a manager on the phone today, They generally seem to me like they still don't think they were wrong for whatever reason and were tired of dealing with it so credited my account with $100.
    Told me it was block chains rate that day and they have nothing to do with that, I have bitcoins history in front of me and the lowest possible rate for that specific day would still be $462 cad so not really sure what went wrong.
    Anyways happy to have this resolved, Hope the mods can change the title to resolved.

Thanks everyone for the help
    Last edited by rodgethat; 11-29-17 at 10:35 AM.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by rodgethat View Post
    Told me it was block chains rate that day and they have nothing to do with that, I have bitcoins history in front of me and the lowest possible rate for that specific day would still be $462 cad so not really sure what went wrong.
    Even if they were going by the "current rate" wouldn't that mean you should have gotten more than what you deposited since the price is going up? I don't recall the price dropping 20% recently.

rodgethat

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Even if they were going by the "current rate" wouldn't that mean you should have gotten more than what you deposited since the price is going up? I don't recall the price dropping 20% recently.
    Yes tried explaining that to them but was going nowhere, at least they made it right in the end