1. #1
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Does Aaron Judge break Roger Maris (61) NYY HR record?

    Judge is hitting out of shoes right now, 27 HR in 70 games, is on pace for 62 HR's.

    Do we see a new NYY single season HR record?

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ration-hearing

  2. #2
    JamesVincent820
    the artist formerly know as pologq
    JamesVincent820's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-22
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 24

    reminds me of his 2017 season when you could not pitch to him. even that year he had little slump after the all star break and still hit 52.

    if he can get to 33 before all star break i think he has a definite shot.

  3. #3
    DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-30-08
    Posts: 119,722
    Betpoints: 34165

    Will he be in the All-Star HR Derby?

  4. #4
    DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-30-08
    Posts: 119,722
    Betpoints: 34165


  5. #5
    deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-10
    Posts: 856
    Betpoints: 4288

    It seems that it all depends on me. I've been betting on many of the Yanks opponents of late, getting good underdog odds. Seems like every damn game, my bet is winning until Judge hits another late inning, game-tying or winning bomb. If I don't learn my lesson--forget Maris, he may pass Bonds' mark.

  6. #6
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    King of a NY
    All the Jeter qualities itís amazing

  7. #7
    Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-03-16
    Posts: 12,648
    Betpoints: 59

    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Will he be in the All-Star HR Derby?
    I highly doubt it. Currently, like the slam dunk contest, it seems like the fan favorite players who fans want to see participate in the derby usually donít show up. Youíll get second tier players.

  8. #8
    spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-17-09
    Posts: 3,872
    Betpoints: 10597

    Yes with ease, unless he gets hurt.

  9. #9
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,660
    Betpoints: 12464

    Have any of you watched the movie *61 produced by Billy Crystal? It still makes me tear up just thinking about it (ie now)

  10. #10
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,397
    Betpoints: 4759

    No.

  11. #11
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,867
    Betpoints: 11059

    Barring injury and if he doesnít go in a prolonged power slump I vote maybe.

  12. #12
    JamesVincent820
    the artist formerly know as pologq
    JamesVincent820's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-22
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Have any of you watched the movie *61 produced by Billy Crystal? It still makes me tear up just thinking about it (ie now)
    i saw it back in the day. haven't seen in years though.

    what part is emotional for you?

  13. #13
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,660
    Betpoints: 12464

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesVincent820 View Post
    i saw it back in the day. haven't seen in years though.

    what part is emotional for you?
    The whole thing to be honest. How everyone's going for Mantle and people are shitting on Maris and they even tried to dodge it in Mantle' favour.

    Maris was losing his hair from the stress ffs and that's before hardcore media or social media scrutiny existed! I can't imagine what the poor guy was copping when your own manager tries to dog you.

    I'm probably just one of those who always goes for the underdog but wow did I cry at it all.

  14. #14
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    The whole thing to be honest. How everyone's going for Mantle and people are shitting on Maris and they even tried to dodge it in Mantle' favour.

    Maris was losing his hair from the stress ffs and that's before hardcore media or social media scrutiny existed! I can't imagine what the poor guy was copping when your own manager tries to dog you.

    I'm probably just one of those who always goes for the underdog but wow did I cry at it all.
    Yeah, I was going to make that point, Maris was losing his hair out in clumps.
    He never wanted any part of that circus, he was a good, simple, working man.

  15. #15
    Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-09
    Posts: 5,543
    Betpoints: 31393

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Judge is hitting out of shoes right now, 27 HR in 70 games, is on pace for 62 HR's.

    Do we see a new NYY single season HR record?

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ration-hearing
    On an even money line I'd bet no. Run production is low this year and Judge is capable of going through a streak of whiffing on everything. I don't think his current HR production is sustainable for a full season. We'll see.

    Just my opinion...

  16. #16
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,660
    Betpoints: 12464

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, I was going to make that point, Maris was losing his hair out in clumps.
    He never wanted any part of that circus, he was a good, simple, working man.
    Seriously I've teared up again. I don't know why his story resonated with me so much but I suggest anyone who loves baseball or even just sports hunt down *61 by Billy Crystal who is a massive baseball fan. It's probably 20 years old but I'm sure they'll be able to find it somewhere.

    It's so wholesome but heartbreaking at the same time.

  17. #17
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Seriously I've teared up again. I don't know why his story resonated with me so much but I suggest anyone who loves baseball or even just sports hunt down *61 by Billy Crystal who is a massive baseball fan. It's probably 20 years old but I'm sure they'll be able to find it somewhere.

    It's so wholesome but heartbreaking at the same time.
    And stream the Shoeless Joe movie too.
    Also a good 20 + years old, but you'll be glad you did.

    Want another good one?
    "Money Ball*
    Go figure, Money Ball was a documentary that was pretty much 100 percent accurate too.
    Points Awarded:

    shari91 gave stevenash 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91

  18. #18
    SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-08
    Posts: 41,314
    Betpoints: 6218

    Id say NO. As season cones closer to ending yanks will have such a big division lead judge could rest some games

    ends in mid 50s

  19. #19
    JamesVincent820
    the artist formerly know as pologq
    JamesVincent820's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-22
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Id say NO. As season cones closer to ending yanks will have such a big division lead judge could rest some games

    ends in mid 50s
    this is a good point i did not figure. their winning might hurt his chances.

  20. #20
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 23,801
    Betpoints: 422

    I dunno Nash do yanks do anything in the playoffs this yr??

  21. #21
    JamesVincent820
    the artist formerly know as pologq
    JamesVincent820's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-22
    Posts: 31
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Seriously I've teared up again. I don't know why his story resonated with me so much but I suggest anyone who loves baseball or even just sports hunt down *61 by Billy Crystal who is a massive baseball fan. It's probably 20 years old but I'm sure they'll be able to find it somewhere.

    It's so wholesome but heartbreaking at the same time.
    i think it is on HBO Max cause HBO films made it.
    Points Awarded:

    shari91 gave JamesVincent820 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  22. #22
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,660
    Betpoints: 12464

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And stream the Shoeless Joe movie too.
    Also a good 20 + years old, but you'll be glad you did.

    Want another good one?
    "Money Ball*
    Go figure, Money Ball was a documentary that was pretty much 100 percent accurate too.
    Oh wow, I will definitely this weekend!! I can't wait. Thank you Steve

  23. #23
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I dunno Nash do yanks do anything in the playoffs this yr??
    Probably, because the pitching has been amazing.
    Is it worth a future, hell no, like the Cowboys and Notre Dame, the Yankees are a public brand name, they'll get bet down to the bejeezus, and the books will overinflate them some more.

    Riddle me this?
    Did the 106-56 Dodgers win it all last year?
    And there were some that said they were value at even money.
    How'd that work out for them?

    Even 1:9 prohibitive favorite triple crown winners get beat on occasion.

    There's no value in NYY winning it all.

  24. #24
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Oh wow, I will definitely this weekend!! I can't wait. Thank you Steve
    Glad to help.
    It's who I am, it's what I do.
    That is when I'm not driving you and Opti bat shit crazy.

    I don't know you, know you, but I know you enough to know you like a little eye candy.
    Brad Pitt did a tremendous job portraying Billy Beane, and if I wasn't a happily married straight man, I'd drool over Brad Pitt too,





    Points Awarded:

    shari91 gave stevenash 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  25. #25
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 17,063
    Betpoints: 8503


    I would like to see Aaron Judge hit 61+ homers this year but realistically
    I think the variables involved won't permit the feat for #99.


    Let's not forget to mention the long-time NYY/MLB home run champion--BABE RUTH.
    Who has highest WAR in baseball?


    183.1 !!!!!!
    As of the start of the 2022 Major League Baseball season, 313 players have reached a WAR value of 50 or higher, as detailed in this list. Babe Ruth is the all-time leader with a value of 183.1 WAR.


    .


  26. #26
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    ^
    Ohtani has a shot at breaking Ruth's record, if he remains a starter and an everyday DH/position player as well.

  27. #27
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,660
    Betpoints: 12464

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Glad to help.
    It's who I am, it's what I do.
    That is when I'm not driving you and Opti bat shit crazy.

    I don't know you, know you, but I know you enough to know you like a little eye candy.
    Brad Pitt did a tremendous job portraying Billy Beane, and if I wasn't a happily married straight man, I'd drool over Brad Pitt too,





    Mate, he's hot as utter fukk in this. Like seriously.

    The women and men in my friendship circle thank you for this xo

  28. #28
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 17,063
    Betpoints: 8503

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Ohtani has a shot at breaking Ruth's record, if he remains a starter and an everyday DH/position player as well.
    Thanks for the response.
    I would be very satisfied if Ohtani can maintain a career to reach those heights.
    Would be fun to witness.

  29. #29
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 8,772
    Betpoints: 23502

    Good to see polog back.

    Judge playing a great centerfield.
    Points Awarded:

    pologq gave pablo222 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  30. #30
    209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-15-18
    Posts: 3,146
    Betpoints: 6750

    Another dog dominating pro sports. See Paul George, Adams & Carr

  31. #31
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,038
    Betpoints: 27997

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Good to see polog back.

    Judge playing a great centerfield.
    With an arm like a cannon.

  32. #32
    Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-03-16
    Posts: 12,648
    Betpoints: 59

    Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Another dog dominating pro sports. See Paul George, Adams & Carr
    Ok, you stumped me. I know PG w/ Clippers and Carr w/ Raiders, but who in the hell is Adams?


  33. #33
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    Judge only has maybe 3 good years left thatís crazy

    Older than I thought

  34. #34
    209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-15-18
    Posts: 3,146
    Betpoints: 6750

    Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Ok, you stumped me. I know PG w/ Clippers and Carr w/ Raiders, but who in the hell is Adams?


    The best WR in the NFL you don't know? Davante Adams the newest Raider

  35. #35
    Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-03-16
    Posts: 12,648
    Betpoints: 59

    Ah ok, thanks man sometimes I need to see the player whole name.


1234 ... Last
Top