homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

4 tradition-rich College Football programs I expect to make a big move up............

they have been out of the national spotlight too long and I think this could be the year for at least 3 of these 4 to really make a big back into the national discussion...............

AUBURN
    MICHIGAN
    NEBRASKA
    FLORIDA STATE

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

no reason why huh just magic

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Michigan is terrible

Worst coach usa

Learn the game man then you don’t have to drive that 1979 Chevy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Liberty will have a big year if covid doesn’t get in the way of CFB this year.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Lol at Michigan and Nebraska

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    no reason why huh just magic
    Too much to write.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Michigan is terrible

Worst coach usa

Learn the game man then you don’t have to drive that 1979 Chevy
    Coach I drive a 2016

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Liberty will have a big year if covid doesn’t get in the way of CFB this year.
    They did last year and now they will be the hunted instead of the hunter. Be careful as they likely go less than .500 v the spread this fall

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Lol at Michigan and Nebraska
    Harbaugh and Frost can coach. They'll both be good teams this fall. Look out.

homie1975

All 4 programs will start QBs who have numerous starts under their belts at their current schools or another school.

Many returning starters at all 4 schools and expectations low so no pressure.

I think this is a recipe that will serve all 4 programs and coaches very well this season.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Can you name the starting QB of these 4 teams? Probably not without googling.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do you know what Jimmy record is verse top 20 seems

1-15

Lol

Any other coach in America is fired five times for that

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Can you name the starting QB of these 4 teams? Probably not without googling.
    Bo Nix

Cade McNamara?

Adrian Martinez

Jordan Travis or McKenzie Milton

*Did not use Google or search it otherwise*

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Bo Nix

Cade McNamara?

Adrian Martinez

Jordan Travis or McKenzie Milton

*Did not use Google or search it otherwise*
    Well you follow college football so you should know.

But the OP making a bold statement I doubt he researched these teams or even knows who are they playing this year.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    they have been out of the national spotlight too long and I think this could be the year for at least 3 of these 4 to really make a big back into the national discussion...............

AUBURN
    MICHIGAN
    NEBRASKA
    FLORIDA STATE
    I dont like none of these teams. Michigan is a mess, Nebraska overrated, FSU Oline is horrid. Auburn could do something but they are in the toughest division in CFB.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I dont like none of these teams. Michigan is a mess, Nebraska overrated, FSU Oline is horrid. Auburn could do something but they are in the toughest division in CFB.
    How is Nebraska overrated when everyone outside of Lincoln expects them to be crap?

Unless you anticipate them free falling into the class of Bowling Green I don't see how they're overrated.

Mac4Lyfe

True. I should have said living off their name/history like the other 3 teams.

None of these teams are in the top 25 coaches poll. Long year for those fans.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Michigan has an easy schedule vs a Big 10 that is soft and no Iowa this year. For sure losses are Washington, OSU and at Penn St.

Coin flips are Indiana(home), Wisky.

Wins are Rutgers, W. Mich, Neb, Mi St, Maryland, No IL, Northwestern

That's a 2-4 team going to 8-4 and a decent bowl. Jimmy is safe.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

None of them will be Top 10.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    None of them will be Top 10.
    I am saying top 25 when they are nowhere close right now preseason.

homie1975

True. I should have said living off their name/history like the other 3 teams.

None of these teams are in the top 25 coaches poll. Long year for those fans.
    Because the preseason top 25 poll matters right? Lol

All of them are expected to have 6-6 or 7-5 at best.

Barring injuries they should each win 9+

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Well you follow college football so you should know.

But the OP making a bold statement I doubt he researched these teams or even knows who are they playing this year.
    Pavy
    Many moons ago while a big tennis match at Wimbledon was on and there was a rain delay, I opined that this favored the player who was slumping and really hurt the player with momentum. You did not think it would matter. You later apologized to me and said I was right.

I'm not going to post all the research I did but trust me I studied these 4 teand and while expectations are for none of them to win more than 7, I'm expecting at least three of them to win 9+, injuries and COVID breakouts that cancel games, notwithstanding

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

To all those homie haters on this thread, please reread the title. I believe you will see he calls these 4 teams "TRADITION RICH". You will not see "excellent" "top notch big 5 power" or "national title contenders". Tradition rich he claims and tradition rich we can agree they are.

JJ, havent you been admonished not to post drunk? YOUR WELCOME

RoyBacon

There are so many maybe's.

Boise St
    NC St
    Pitt
    Texas
    Ariz St
    Miami
    Fl St
    Nebraska
    TCU
    Okl St
    Kentucky
    Costa Car
    Baylor

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    There are so many maybe's.

Boise St
    NC St
    Pitt
    Texas
    Ariz St
    Miami
    Fl St
    Nebraska

TCU
    Okl St
    Kentucky
    Costa Car
    Baylor
    ROYer, only the bolded red ones are the ones i would say are very tradition rich in CFB.

Boise State, TCU, Coastal, Baylor, are like the mid-majors in College Hoops though TCU has proven they can play with anyone under Patterson the last 2 decades. Boise State as well.

Coastal will have very high expectations this year so they go from the Hunter to the Hunted. very different dynamic. Liberty also..

RoyBacon

ROYer, only the bolded red ones are the ones i would say are very tradition rich in CFB.

Boise State, TCU, Coastal, Baylor, are like the mid-majors in College Hoops though TCU has proven they can play with anyone under Patterson the last 2 decades. Boise State as well.

Coastal will have very high expectations this year so they go from the Hunter to the Hunted. very different dynamic. Liberty also..
    I left a bunch off too like Cincy, Louisville, Wisky & Minn, Fresno, K st, Central Fl, BYU, AF, Wake Forest

A couple of teams are going to come out of no where like BYU and Coastal did last year.

Mac4Lyfe

Because the preseason top 25 poll matters right? LolAll of them are expected to have 6-6 or 7-5 at best.
    Barring injuries they should each win 9+
    I’d be very surprised if one of these teams win 9 games. I think FSU could eke out 9 maybe but that’s a big stretch. NB, no chance, Auburn no chance, UM slim chance.

homie1975

I’d be very surprised if one of these teams win 9 games. I think FSU could eke out 9 maybe but that’s a big stretch. NB, no chance, Auburn no chance, UM slim chance.
    10 or so teams in the current preseason AP top 25 will very likely be out by season's end so someone has to take their place right?

This will be fun to watch. If UM gets above avg play at the QB spot, I really like them this year. Same with FSU. adrian Martinez at Nebraska is a stud. Watch him this year.

And bo nix at Auburn? He is ready for a breakout year but needs to protect himself more out of the pocket. He has a linebacker mentality out there.

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

DO NOT forget UTAH. They finally have a top notch QB in charlie brewer from Baylor. The D has always been tough. Utahs gonna make some noise this yr.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Is this some kind of joke, or are you just trying to show us exactly how little you know about College Football. Here is what I will do, though I doubt that you will take this wager. Like 99% of the rest of the know-nothings in here, you are too chicken dodo to take this wager. I will wager you 1000 betpoints that at least 3 of those 4 teams lose 3 or more games. Yes or no? Let's see what you are really made of.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Is this some kind of joke, or are you just trying to show us exactly how little you know about College Football. Here is what I will do, though I doubt that you will take this wager. Like 99% of the rest of the know-nothings in here, you are too chicken dodo to take this wager. I will wager you 1000 betpoints that at least 3 of those 4 teams lose 3 or more games. Yes or no? Let's see what you are really made of.
    You tell him, Biggy. I'm tired of these cowboys firing off predictions without consequences. They need to be taught a lesson. Play time is over, it's time to pay the piper.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    wow, so some of them can go 10-4 (lose the conf title game or bowl game after a 9-3 reg season) and you win the wager?

what a limb you went out on, Sir !!

LOL

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    DO NOT forget UTAH. They finally have a top notch QB in charlie brewer from Baylor. The D has always been tough. Utahs gonna make some noise this yr.
    UTES always tough. very rarely a down year for them under WHITT. he is a great and unheralded coach.

homie1975

incl conf title games and bowl season, i'm talking total games played, i could easily see 3 of them winning 9+.

covid cancelations due to cluster infections is a potential issue again.

injuries of course always an issue and concern.

hence i pretty much never BET season wins OVERS
    Last edited by homie1975; 08-17-21 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

incl conf title games and bowl season, i'm talking total games played, i could easily see 3 of them winning 9+.

covid cancelations due to cluster infections is a potential issue again.

injuries of course always an issue and concern.

hence i pretty much never BET season wins OVERS
    Stop making excuses you little gay sweetie from L.A. I called you out and as I know you would do, you chickened out. Like all of you Liberal California retards, you have to put conditions on everything you say. My wager stands. Either call my wager or get the he** out of here. No more excuse making for you and your sorry arse California B.S. To repeat: I will wager you 1000 betpoints that at least 3 of those 4 teams lose 3 or more games. Yes or no? Let's see what you are really made of. No more B.S. from you. Yes or No?

1234 ... Last