1. #1
    Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-09
    Posts: 13,324
    Betpoints: 12286

    Nate Oats rips coach K a new asshole

    Coach K doesn't want to play during the pandemic

    https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...-games-at-home

  2. #2
    Wrongside
    Nobody Worse In Garbage Time
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-15
    Posts: 2,777
    Betpoints: 612

    Good....Good

  3. #3
    Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-09
    Posts: 13,324
    Betpoints: 12286

    What a pussy.

    Coach K decided Duke basketball will not play the remaining non-conference games

  4. #4
    lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-22-16
    Posts: 9,109
    Betpoints: 11193

    his teams an embarassment thats why

  5. #5
    Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-09
    Posts: 13,324
    Betpoints: 12286

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    his teams an embarassment thats why
    yep two losses at home and he is trying to cancel the season

  6. #6
    USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-15-12
    Posts: 19,872
    Betpoints: 3661

    Wasn’t there last non conference game vs Coppin State


    sorry. Charleston Southern

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  7. #7
    KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-19
    Posts: 7,276
    Betpoints: 180

    Guy interviews like JJ.. is he all Coked up with those facial expressions and the fact he cant put a sentence together as hes rambling 100mph

  8. #8
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,076
    Betpoints: 2299

    Its no fans so Coach K know better than anyone how to keep a number 1 seed in the EAST bracket. No games. No Losses

  9. #9
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 35,192
    Betpoints: 4960

    Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Wasn’t there last non conference game vs Coppin State


    sorry. Charleston Southern
    Lost (badly) yesterday to Illinois.

  10. #10
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,773
    Betpoints: 847

    Hes one of the most overrated coaches that ever coach college basketball based off all the talent hes had

  11. #11
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 15,815
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    Guy interviews like JJ.. is he all Coked up with those facial expressions and the fact he cant put a sentence together as hes rambling 100mph
    LOL. So funny. Just rambling all jittery with Coke falling out of his nose.

  12. #12
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,076
    Betpoints: 2299

    And now Nate Oates apologizes for it.

  13. #13
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,773
    Betpoints: 847

    That is a great speech he should win an award

    He got hammered

    He is too old now to coach so overrated it is why Duke not good anymore

  14. #14
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 15,446
    Betpoints: 1035

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That is a great speech he should win an award

    He got hammered

    He is too old now to coach so overrated it is why Duke not good anymore


    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Hes one of the most overrated coaches that ever coach college basketball based off all the talent hes had

    come on gold, pull your head out of your ass!...yeah, Coach K is overrated??!!...he only has 5 national championships, 12 final fours, 15 ACC tournament championships and his career record is 1,084 - 291!......second to only the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden (who has 10)...anyhow, he is a great recruiter and one of the best coaches of all-time at any level...nobody even heard of Duke before he got there...now if you want to call him an arrogant, whiny, rat faced cry baby, I can accept that...but an overrated coach?...NO!

  15. #15
    carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 19,102
    Betpoints: 3536

    i think coaches today with the one and done babies is a crap shoot, when you only have 1 yr to winning, it take a lot away from the great coaches.i wish the one and done babies would not even attend college for that 1 yr, the college game would be fine.but today game take a lot away from the great coaches.

  16. #16
    carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 19,102
    Betpoints: 3536

    the one and done babies have did so much damage to the colleges and it turn the nba into unwatchable for many

  17. #17
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 25,378
    Betpoints: 4531

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    come on gold, pull your head out of your ass!...yeah, Coach K is overrated??!!...he only has 5 national championships, 12 final fours, 15 ACC tournament championships and his career record is 1,084 - 291!......second to only the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden (who has 10)...anyhow, he is a great recruiter and one of the best coaches of all-time at any level...nobody even heard of Duke before he got there...now if you want to call him an arrogant, whiny, rat faced cry baby, I can accept that...but an overrated coach?...NO!
    i wouldn't say nobody heard of duke before coach k got there... bill foster laid the groundwork, and had duke in the national championship game right before coach k arrived

    so the idea that coach k did a big turnaround is ridiculous, that's what foster did with 3 straight ncaa appearances, and coach k missed the ncaa tourney the first 3 years

  18. #18
    Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-07
    Posts: 15,446
    Betpoints: 1035

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i wouldn't say nobody heard of duke before coach k got there... bill foster laid the groundwork, and had duke in the national championship game right before coach k arrived

    so the idea that coach k did a big turnaround is ridiculous, that's what foster did with 3 straight ncaa appearances, and coach k missed the ncaa tourney the first 3 years
    well my point still stands...coach K extrapolated on Foster's program and made Duke a household name...when you think about one of the best college basketball teams of all-time, greatest head coaches of all-time, winningest programs of all-time, Duke and Coach K will usually be in the discussion.

  19. #19
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 76,272

    Who is Nate Oats? Never heard of him. He couldn't shine coach K's shoes.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/18/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  20. #20
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 376,773
    Betpoints: 847

    K massive underachiever since he got old

    Best players and an easy out

  21. #21
    carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 19,102
    Betpoints: 3536

    i just think in this day and time it a hit and miss with only 1 year to work with 3 to 5 big egos from babies that think the world is theirs for the taking............it very hard for even the great coaches today.......

  22. #22
    seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-08-06
    Posts: 22,076
    Betpoints: 2299

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    i just think in this day and time it a hit and miss with only 1 year to work with 3 to 5 big egos from babies that think the world is theirs for the taking............it very hard for even the great coaches today.......
    No one has to recruit a player who will only be there one year. The coaches do it because they want to win. A good coach knows that it all starts with talent, a great coach knows that talent will only get you so far, and a bad coach know neither.

  23. #23
    carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-12-11
    Posts: 19,102
    Betpoints: 3536

    that a lot for a coach to do in 1 yr, if a one and done baby will be a bust or not..............it still a crap shot when you only have 1 yr.again i wish the one and done would not even go for that 1 yr.

  24. #24
    BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-15
    Posts: 2,407
    Betpoints: 1735

    Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    No one has to recruit a player who will only be there one year. The coaches do it because they want to win. A good coach knows that it all starts with talent, a great coach knows that talent will only get you so far, and a bad coach know neither.
    Good point on talent only goes as far as you do not run into more talent.

    Some coaches do not or cannot coach talent well. They can expect to be treated special.

    So not only does a coach have to find the talent / he has to find the talent that is coach able

Top