1. #1
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,181
    Betpoints: 3900

    I miss the old days of baseball when we knew..

    Who all the starting pitchers for an entire series before the series. Sick of this bullpen crap.

  2. #2
    pologq
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,470
    Betpoints: 5145

    good point

  3. #3
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Itís terrible now

    All hrs too

    Balls juiced

  4. #4
    agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-01-11
    Posts: 3,470
    Betpoints: 15855

    yep starters used to go 8 inns. then a shutdown closer like m.rivera took over

  5. #5
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,707
    Betpoints: 9545

    I agree LB, changed for the worse.

  6. #6
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,181
    Betpoints: 3900

    Current puss y generation big part of this

  7. #7
    CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 9,641
    Betpoints: 1113

    I agree 100%, I could write pages about this. The front office has pitchers on pitch counts and players sit out for reasons that be unreasonable 30 years ago.....I don't even like the DH....it is,what it is .

  8. #8
    Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-16-09
    Posts: 1,664
    Betpoints: 6844

    Metrics. Sadly itís here to stay.

    It helps some teams do more with less.
    Last edited by Mr. Teaser; 10-16-20 at 10:14 AM.

  9. #9
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,760
    Betpoints: 1658

    Teams from 70s and 80s would smoke these pussies today

  10. #10
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,967
    Betpoints: 4770

    Dodgers open -240 with Atlanta Undecided

    Books probably know it will be bullpen day with Tomlin opening, with even Wright maybe eating some innings after allowing 38 runs Wednesday.

  11. #11
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 23,593
    Betpoints: 183

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Dodgers open -240 with Atlanta Undecided

    Books probably know it will be bullpen day with Tomlin opening, with even Wright maybe eating some innings after allowing 38 runs Wednesday.
    I think Braves could lay down here to get ready to win in 6

  12. #12
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,811
    Betpoints: 354

    I keep saying....


    Sim sports are better!!! lol

  13. #13
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Sims
    Are better

  14. #14
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,141
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Teams from 70s and 80s would smoke these pussies today

    No doubt

    Back when a 90 mph fastball was considered very fast and a slugger weighed 175 lbs

    Just think how badly the 86 Cardinals would eviscerate the Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, Astros of today.

  15. #15
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,743
    Betpoints: 208

    No more heroes.

  16. #16
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 78,032
    Betpoints: 8882

    I miss rude collisions at the plate.. The game and players got soft..


  17. #17
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,967
    Betpoints: 4770

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I think Braves could lay down here to get ready to win in 6
    Not literally "lay down" but content to line up Fried / Jethro Tull Games 6-7 on normal rest
    Points Awarded:

    johnnyvegas13 gave LT Profits 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  18. #18
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 14,760
    Betpoints: 1658

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    No doubt

    Back when a 90 mph fastball was considered very fast and a slugger weighed 175 lbs

    Just think how badly the 86 Cardinals would eviscerate the Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, Astros of today.
    The guns they use today are jacked

    Dudes throw the same heat. The old Juggs gun was/ is slower than modern radar, but today's heat is the same as yesterday's heat.

    The difference is today everyone comes in at 93-97 on the same plane, they don't pitch, move eye level, go inside or use off speed enough. Batters today are terrible batsman, yes they hit a lot of hrs, but they never get the runner over and make so many stupid unproductive outs it's annoying as hell.

    Those 80s Cardinals teams would win 115 games in today baseball. 70s Reds the same, late 80s Mets....all much superior in all facets of the game.

    Don't be fooled by a ESPN radar reading of 100, the guys back in the 80s did it too, every 4 days, for 8 or 9 innings a night.

  19. #19
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 39,896
    Betpoints: 11706

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Itís terrible now

    All hrs too

    Balls juiced
    MLB 8X better in 70-80's

  20. #20
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,707
    Betpoints: 9545

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The guns they use today are jacked

    Dudes throw the same heat. The old Juggs gun was/ is slower than modern radar, but today's heat is the same as yesterday's heat.

    The difference is today everyone comes in at 93-97 on the same plane, they don't pitch, move eye level, go inside or use off speed enough. Batters today are terrible batsman, yes they hit a lot of hrs, but they never get the runner over and make so many stupid unproductive outs it's annoying as hell.

    Those 80s Cardinals teams would win 115 games in today baseball. 70s Reds the same, late 80s Mets....all much superior in all facets of the game.

    Don't be fooled by a ESPN radar reading of 100, the guys back in the 80s did it too, every 4 days, for 8 or 9 innings a night.
    Spot on Minny. Mid eighty Cards would have Coleman leadoff, single, steal second , get moved over to third and then score on and out or a hit. 1-0 off the rip seemed like every game.

  21. #21
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,141
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The guns they use today are jacked

    Dudes throw the same heat. The old Juggs gun was/ is slower than modern radar, but today's heat is the same as yesterday's heat.

    The difference is today everyone comes in at 93-97 on the same plane, they don't pitch, move eye level, go inside or use off speed enough. Batters today are terrible batsman, yes they hit a lot of hrs, but they never get the runner over and make so many stupid unproductive outs it's annoying as hell.

    Those 80s Cardinals teams would win 115 games in today baseball. 70s Reds the same, late 80s Mets....all much superior in all facets of the game.

    Don't be fooled by a ESPN radar reading of 100, the guys back in the 80s did it too, every 4 days, for 8 or 9 innings a night.


  22. #22
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,181
    Betpoints: 3900

    Dumb ass Cash pulls snell and they allow v2 runs.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Dumb move Laker

  24. #24
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,181
    Betpoints: 3900

    Incredible but nothing new for these guys

  25. #25
    KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-14
    Posts: 12,825
    Betpoints: 19265

    Yeah I thought Cash pulled him a little too early. Not like he was being hit hard.

    Houston has all momentum, can’t really see Tampa winning tomorrow.

  26. #26
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,783
    Betpoints: 31

    I don't miss it. Just bet the dog every game. No need to build models and stuff.

  27. #27
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Paver that is a great strategy

  28. #28
    LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-14-20
    Posts: 1,225
    Betpoints: 2030

    One thing I hate about today's game is about 1/3 of the players wear a pound of jewelry around their neck.

  29. #29
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 22,383
    Betpoints: 6756

    relax, you will know all tuesday for world series, regular playoff schedule 2 off 3 off 2

Top