Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Chi/Cle First Five under. Watch this Cease and Civale kids!

Game 1 first five under 5.5 big play

Dylan Cease fits the profile of a high pedigree, great stuff, great minor league performance prospect that struggled mightly at times in his first big league appearances, and seems to show great potential to make some tweaks.

Cease was above slot HS draft pick by Theo Epstein, who took a flyer on his 100 mph fastball even though Cease was already slated to have tommy john surgery. In the sox organization he put up video game numbers at times. He struggled at the big league level as his 90 percentile high velocity high spin rate fast ball, had a bottom 10% of the league spin axis and was super straight and hittable. I don't have much evidence of him making major tweaks in the off season to correct that, other than a few articles about him changing his pitching motion to correct some over rotation issues to get better arm side movement on his 4 seamer that averaged 96.4 MPH last year. I'm cautiously optimistic that he will start to live up to some of his hype this year, despite not being a big fan of pitching coach Don Cooper. This guy's stuff is just too good to be a +5 era. he did have a very strong sept finish to his year, with a 3.00 era and .211 opposing BA. I think he has a chance of being under valued for a few starts this year. But i'll only put a small play on the Sox ml.

Aaron Civale for the Cleveland indigenous people also has great stuff, not a high velocity fastball but great movement. He's not an under the radar guy though, as he had a great minor league run through the system and in 10 games last year at the big league level had a 2.34 era and a 1.04 whip .216 batting avg against, this coming after striking out the side in his big league inning.

Civale has 6 freaking pitches. His cutter is outstanding with 5.5 inches of horizontal break (avg is 2 inches) only 6 other pitchers had better movement on their cutters in all of baseball.

His fastball spin rate is in the 85th percentile with 2,805 rpms his curve and slider are the really inriguing pitches though. His curve has an avg of 2,930 rpms which puts him in the 95th percentile, only 8 pitchers had a better avg drop on their curveballs then Civale's 67.7 inches

only 2 hitters were able to actually get a hit off his equally impressive slider. All in all major league hitters weren't getting very solid contact on him, with an average exit velocity of 86.6 and a tiny barrel rate of 2.4%. He also has very good control.

I think people are aware of this kid by and large and the lines won't be too sneaky, but there is a chance the market will be a little behind on his full potential and he'll have some nice underdog lines in the first few weeks of the season.

I think only one of these guys needs to be very good today to stay under the 5.5 total and with the wind blowing in 11 mph I feel a little better about the power in the lineups.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

FF under moved from under 5.5 +100 to under 5 -105

If I hadnt locked it in already my bet size would have been cut in half at those numbers.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

this play is dead

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    FF under moved from under 5.5 +100 to under 5 -105

If I hadnt locked it in already my bet size would have been cut in half at those numbers.
    So we got a big play or no?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Actually I see huge discrepancies there are some under 6's available I'm going to add on at intertops and if anyone has youwager or SIA I'd recommend a big play on under 6

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Archie I’m going to somewhat tail you and take 0 runs scored in 1st inning at +100

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Civale is nails. Great command.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Archie I’m going to somewhat tail you and take 0 runs scored in 1st inning at +100

Good luck I stopped with first inning unders. You get two top of the lineups and the first inning is the biggest bomb inning for a starter

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Good luck I stopped with first inning unders. You get two top of the lineups and the first inning is the biggest bomb inning for a starter
    God dammit! Was weird. The odds were +100 no runs. +390 1 run & +190 2 or more runs. Really liked the 2 or more

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

Not looking good. I tailed also. This might be my last MLB bet, this sport is too fking unpredictable, NBA is better

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Not liking the vibes on this game. Let's yank cease now and hope the bullpen can give us 3 scoreless

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Not liking the vibes on this game. Let's yank cease now and hope the bullpen can give us 3 scoreless
    was just thinkin the same fkin thing GET HIM OUT!!!! Hopefully he settles in. I was bored. I stopped with the FF awhile ago. They kill me. SO much for settling in. And they are just getting someone up NOW!!!!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Civale throwing WAY more sliders and curves than last year. Hung a slider back over too much of the plate to Anderson though. eager to see his pitch fx numbers after this start and he will prob go in the "bet on" category going forward based on what we've seen today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pressure is on today with RJ /Archie he better win

Twisted_One

a lot of these starters are hanging sliders lately it seems. Well at least it was a quick death, NEXT!
    GL

dirtycash66

Game 1 first five under 5.5 big play

Dylan Cease fits the profile of a high pedigree, great stuff, great minor league performance prospect that struggled mightly at times in his first big league appearances, and seems to show great potential to make some tweaks.

Cease was above slot HS draft pick by Theo Epstein, who took a flyer on his 100 mph fastball even though Cease was already slated to have tommy john surgery. In the sox organization he put up video game numbers at times. He struggled at the big league level as his 90 percentile high velocity high spin rate fast ball, had a bottom 10% of the league spin axis and was super straight and hittable. I don't have much evidence of him making major tweaks in the off season to correct that, other than a few articles about him changing his pitching motion to correct some over rotation issues to get better arm side movement on his 4 seamer that averaged 96.4 MPH last year. I'm cautiously optimistic that he will start to live up to some of his hype this year, despite not being a big fan of pitching coach Don Cooper. This guy's stuff is just too good to be a +5 era. he did have a very strong sept finish to his year, with a 3.00 era and .211 opposing BA. I think he has a chance of being under valued for a few starts this year. But i'll only put a small play on the Sox ml.

Aaron Civale for the Cleveland indigenous people also has great stuff, not a high velocity fastball but great movement. He's not an under the radar guy though, as he had a great minor league run through the system and in 10 games last year at the big league level had a 2.34 era and a 1.04 whip .216 batting avg against, this coming after striking out the side in his big league inning.

Civale has 6 freaking pitches. His cutter is outstanding with 5.5 inches of horizontal break (avg is 2 inches) only 6 other pitchers had better movement on their cutters in all of baseball.

His fastball spin rate is in the 85th percentile with 2,805 rpms his curve and slider are the really inriguing pitches though. His curve has an avg of 2,930 rpms which puts him in the 95th percentile, only 8 pitchers had a better avg drop on their curveballs then Civale's 67.7 inches

only 2 hitters were able to actually get a hit off his equally impressive slider. All in all major league hitters weren't getting very solid contact on him, with an average exit velocity of 86.6 and a tiny barrel rate of 2.4%. He also has very good control.

I think people are aware of this kid by and large and the lines won't be too sneaky, but there is a chance the market will be a little behind on his full potential and he'll have some nice underdog lines in the first few weeks of the season.

I think only one of these guys needs to be very good today to stay under the 5.5 total and with the wind blowing in 11 mph I feel a little better about the power in the lineups.
    all this write up just to lose the wager in the 3rd smh. Not even close

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

This MLB.tv is the bomb. Incredible stats in real time. Great streams too.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Whew, thank you bullpen!

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by dirtycash66 View Post
    Huh. How did he lose? Too soon man.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Casher spent his last 20 spot on this game

dirtycash66

Its coming, just wait for it

Mac4Lyfe

Its coming, just wait for it
    The Hater is strong in you...

dirtycash66

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Hater is strong in you...
    no hate, just mad for tailing this pick

Mac4Lyfe

no hate, just mad for tailing this pick
    That’s gambling bro. You win some, you lose many. The bet still has legs to get out of 2 bases loaded with only 1 out twice.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Come on guy! Just another inning and a half

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Casher relax. Lost this wager. Just grab your bootstraps and go on to the next one

Mac4Lyfe

Cordero with an 18.0 era. Doh!

Mac4Lyfe

Bases loaded three straight times. Geez

Twisted_One

It will be a fkin miracle if this Under 5.5 FF hits. I never EVER get that lucky!!

Mac4Lyfe

Who cares about bases loaded when you knock em all down.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Archie with soem good thread starts recently.

Helping to Make [Keep SBR Great] Again.

Mac4Lyfe

This might be trouble.

Mac4Lyfe

Big trouble now...

Mac4Lyfe

Welp... at least it was a nail biter. We pay for the adrenaline rush.

dirtycash66

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Welp... at least it was a nail biter. We pay for the adrenaline rush.
    I gamble to make money and not for the adrenaline rush

12 Last