DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Why didn't God save this guy?

Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies of coronavirus

https://dnyuz.com/2020/04/13/virgini...f-coronavirus/

He practiced what he preached — then he died of coronavirus.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

I am essential,” he said of remaining open, saying, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

His wife, Marcietia Glenn, is also sick with the bug, with church members offering their prayers.

Their daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her father initially dismissed his symptoms because he has a condition that often leads to fevers and infections.

She is now urging everyone to stay home.

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

“I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

its just a test for the people of the church

this will make them stronger

God needed another angel

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Why should God ?

If Gerald O. Glenn is part of God's Elect he is happy and overjoyed right now

Godless people cant comprehend

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

daggles the fact you are posting this makes me think you are looking for answers

go get a 12pk of buds

thats ur answer

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    daggles the fact you are posting this makes me think you are looking for answers

go get a 12pk of buds

thats ur answer
    Rudy this guy got sick while talking to God.

What are my odds of getting sick on a beer run?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

diggy

bottle beers

can tops are infected

your friend

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Rudy this guy got sick while talking to God.

What are my odds of getting sick on a beer run?
    Not to high Dags

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

That was his free will to be ignorant. That was not God’s will.

BeatTheJerk

God has always said respect and listen to your government, that fuckin’ asshole did not ...

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

What about Job?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Christians often fail when they look up to their Pastors and put them right up there with God. News flash they sin, die and fart just like the rest of us..

Look up to God in prayer and not your Pasture, Priest or Rabbi as they are just men preaching a good message usually. Most are good people trying to do work for God and living in the faith but many are not and live double lives..

They are not immune to sin and death. That's my two cents...

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”
    In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.
    “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

did not see that for some reason^^^^^^^^^^^^ i just seen this on tv today, sorry.....

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Well he lost his life for doing what he believed in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

God Bless

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.
    He never mentioned the morgue. He lied.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Um....because there is evidence that god and the history is nonsense...i dont know what is or isnt...i stated a fact.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

No matter how hard you try in this country there is no cure to fix stupid. Let Darwinism run its course and remove the dumb from the general population.

icon

Why didn't God save this guy?
    God isn't saving anyone. If prayer worked there would be zero deaths as all it would take is begging god to live and it would be done.

How many victims and their families have prayed to god for a lifesaving intervention and were ignored? Plenty.

Once you realize there is no such thing as god you will become enlightened.
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave icon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Maybe god was at work here, trying to save the congregation from him?

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

The reasoning on both sides, here, is priceless.

OP self-tossing up a baseball to himself, probably thinking he just hit a double off Nolan Ryan.

God doesn't need angels, nor do humans become angels. He also gave us the gift of intellect.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

I am essential,” he said of remaining open, saying, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

His wife, Marcietia Glenn, is also sick with the bug, with church members offering their prayers.

Their daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her father initially dismissed his symptoms because he has a condition that often leads to fevers and infections.

She is now urging everyone to stay home.

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

“I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”
    Don't you guys think he had it coming? Defiantly held Church services after all that??? Was told not to, pissed the Good Lord off imo.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'm glad hes gone

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

The Lord works in mysterious ways

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

irony in its purest form

the amount who probably have it from that congregation is not good

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Because there is no God.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    The reasoning on both sides, here, is priceless.

OP self-tossing up a baseball to himself, probably thinking he just hit a double off Nolan Ryan.

God doesn't need angels, nor do humans become angels. He also gave us the gift of intellect.

Debatable in that pastors case.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

lol it doesn't matter what you believe the answer is free will

looks like he had other issues as well... as most ppl who succumb to it... after ignoring it

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    God isn't saving anyone. If prayer worked there would be zero deaths as all it would take is begging god to live and it would be done.

How many victims and their families have prayed to god for a lifesaving intervention and were ignored? Plenty.

Once you realize there is no such thing as god you will become enlightened.
    That’s the biggest decision/gamble you will ever make in your life. If your right & there is no God, then we will share the same fate & go exactly to the same place, but if your WRONG you will be in a eternal Sulfur black Hell hole continually tortured, & I will have Eternal everlasting life in heaven. I’m betting on a fuckin’ free play & your All In on one game. Good luck pal !
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 04-14-20 at 06:52 PM.

A Quant
    A Quant's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

That is natural selection at its best.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Because God doesn't exist

icon

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    That’s the biggest decision/gamble you will ever make in your life. If your right & there is no God, then we will share the same fate & go exactly to the same place, but if your WRONG you will be in a eternal Sulfur black Hell hole continually tortured, & I will have Eternal everlasting life in heaven. I’m betting on a fuckin’ free play & your All In on one game. Good luck pal !
    No gamble for me at all. Its a gamble only for those that believe all the nonsense about god, hell and punishment. You choose to believe in the fairy-tale. I think The Force and Jedi are more real than god and religion.

God can do anything, ANYTHING! Including turning Satan into a pile of shit. But he doesn't because he thinks Satan does good work in hell making the souls of people suffer for eternity. The same people god claims to love.

The god we've been told about as described by religion is as real as the Easter bunny & Santa Claus.

Religion was created by man a long time ago in order to keep the masses in line and to make them behave civilly. Without the threat of eternal damnation there was no motivation for the savages to behave themselves. People were a billion times more ignorant than we are now in the year 2020. More apt to believe the explanations given without challenging them.
    Last edited by icon; 04-14-20 at 07:59 PM.

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    No gamble for me at all. Its a gamble only for those that believe all the nonsense about god, hell and punishment. You choose to believe in the fairy-tale. I think The Force and Jedi are more real than god and religion.

God can do anything, ANYTHING! Including turning Satan into a pile of shit. But he doesn't because he thinks Satan does good work in hell making the souls of people suffer for eternity. The same people god claims to love.

The god we've been told about as described by religion is as real as the Easter bunny & Santa Claus.

Religion was created by man a long time ago in order to keep the masses in line and to make them behave civilly. Without the threat of eternal damnation there was no motivation for the savages to behave themselves. People were a billion times more ignorant than we are now in the year 2020. More apt to believe the explanations given without challenging them.
    Like I said before if I’m wrong we’ll go to the same fuckin’ place I’m done here. I don’t need your explanation, I gave/offered you a bottom line.
    Points Awarded:

icon gave BeatTheJerk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last