LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Interesting NHL Betting Case Wednesday

ST. LOUIS vs*ANAHEIM match will start with a score of 1-1, but will resume with a full three periods per NHL.

Makes no difference for Money Lines and Puck Lines, but let's see what happens to Totals. Seems bets were taken at 6 and 6.5 before clarification was announced.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Shouldn't books have just refunded this game since it didn't go the full 50 or 55mins most books require to be considered complete? Man I'm glad I don't have $$$$ tied up on this one. What a nightmare trying to reason with some of these books when shit like this happens. Should've just been canceled and refunded then no new lines on it since it's a screwy setup 1-1 to start game.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

WTF?? Has this ever happened before?
    A full game played with the starting score 1-1?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Shouldn't books have just refunded this game since it didn't go the full 50 or 55mins most books require to be considered complete? Man I'm glad I don't have $$$$ tied up on this one. What a nightmare trying to reason with some of these books when shit like this happens. Should've just been canceled and refunded then no new lines on it since it's a screwy setup 1-1 to start game.
    The suspended game was cancelled correctly on day it happened just as you said.

The game was included on today's schedule because it will be played in its entirety, so everyone thought it was normal game which is why it was treated as such. Then earlier this morning NHL announced game will start 1-1.

Anyhow, here at SBR, we are giving refund on total wagers, I will get thread up.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

for my book I was refunded on the game as no bet. i bet it again today not realizing it was that 1-1 game.

this is the game the player suffered the cardiac episode right?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    WTF?? Has this ever happened before?
    A full game played with the starting score 1-1?
    No big deal. It's same as 0-0 except on totals bets.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No big deal. It's same as 0-0 except on totals bets.
    And total bets are exactly what we are talking about here.

SBR is refunding, and it looks like books are only taking Money Lines and Puck Lines with no totals, so pretty sure 99% of them will cancel pending totals from earlier.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    for my book I was refunded on the game as no bet. i bet it again today not realizing it was that 1-1 game.

this is the game the player suffered the cardiac episode right?
    Ya Jay Bouwmeester. Good dude everybody loved him, players, coaches, fans. Won a gold medal with Canada and a Cup with Blues. Team first guy. Could've easily been Blues captain. Had a long streak where he didn't miss a game over several seasons. Couldn't have happened to a worse guy. Hopefully he gets into coaching or something.

It sounds like books got this right overall. Unfortunate scenario but what can you do when a guy almost dies 1st period of a game.