dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

MLB Houston A**holes

Trashy organization with a trashy attitude. I've run in to some of their lower level and minor league staffers and there's just a lot of shady people in a cancerous environment.

Even worse they give half hearted apologies and criticize other players for their reaction to the cheating being exposed. LOL at the improvement in batting stats from 2016 (before cheating) to 2017 (during cheating and the year they won the World Series).

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28921

I heard one of the Astros on the radio today apologizing and saying that their cheating didn't affect the game. The reporter asked him why he as even apologizing if it didn't affect the game and he said because they broke the rules. The Astros are only sorry they got caught.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Worst part is it was worth it! Got the title, all the $ for bonuses and new contracts, and the only repercussion was a half-ass apology. Not a bad deal for these jackasses!

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Worst part is it was worth it! Got the title, all the $ for bonuses and new contracts, and the only repercussion was a half-ass apology. Not a bad deal for these jackasses!
    No player was punished because of an immunity deal, yet some of them didn't just benefit from it, they helped develop the scheme.

Every player on that 2017 World Series team no matter where they are now and whether they benefited or supposedly didn't, at the very least needs to get nailed by a pitch their first at bat of this season.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

They will get Boo’d so hard on the road this year and likely get drilled a bunch. Dusty begging the commissioner to protect his players from being thrown at🤣

dlowilly

Check this out:

In February 2020, former MLB pitcher Mike Bolsinger filed a lawsuit against the Astros in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleging that the Astros used the banging scheme against him while he was a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays in 2017. Bolsinger gave up four runs and got only one out against the Astros on August 4, 2017, and was demoted to the minor leagues after the game and never made it back to the majors. Bolsinger alleges that the Astros changed the course of his career by engaging in unfair business practices, negligence and intentional interference with contractual and economic relations.[102] Bolsinger's suit seeks unspecified damages for him, and he also wants the Astros to forfeit $31 million in bonuses from their 2017 World Series win to charities in Los Angeles and to a fund for retired players seeking financial assistance.[103] In an op-ed for the Washington Post, Bolsinger wrote: "The Astros had robbed me of the opportunity to determine my own future on the mound. If I failed at my craft because I wasn't good enough, that would be on me. I could live with that. But thinking about the cheating and the toll it ultimately took on my family — that was something I couldn't tolerate."

At first it might seem he's being a crybaby or making excuses, but he was demoted right after that game. That's sick. I would love to see video of his pitching appearance that game.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    No player was punished because of an immunity deal, yet some of them didn't just benefit from it, they helped develop the scheme.

Every player on that 2017 World Series team no matter where they are now and whether they benefited or supposedly didn't, at the very least needs to get nailed by a pitch their first at bat of this season.
    dlo, hopefully more than once. This will not be pretty. MLB has a shitstorm on their hands, not just fans but the other 29 teams as well...

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    dlo, hopefully more than once. This will not be pretty. MLB has a shitstorm on their hands, not just fans but the other 29 teams as well...
    Agreed

This wasn't just a coach and a few batters

Reading about how completely the organization was involved in this from office desk workers to the head coach is just sickening.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Fukk them 11111111 times over

Trash

Correa needs to shut the fukk up about how certain players “didn’t cheat”
    Last edited by kidcudi92; 02-16-20 at 03:13 AM.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

They did it for a town that was severely flooded
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave darrell74 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Fukk them 11111111 times over

Trash

Correa needs to shut the fukk up about how certain players “didn’t cheat”
    dude ever since you got on roids you have been angry

just switch to eating healthy and protein shakes man I am worried about you

vivaporto
    vivaporto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

steroids cause ED. People with ED usually get moody, frustrated and angry.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

they had the fakest apologies ever, like dont even bother

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

i cant wait til pitchers throw at their head this year gonna be fun to watch

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by vivaporto View Post
    steroids cause ED. People with ED usually get moody, frustrated and angry.
    yep

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

correa says they won fair and square...like what??? correa even says that altuve did not use the cheating system and would say stop when he bat. like where the hell does that come from now? altuve himself did not even say that.

the arrogance in their lack of apologies is ridiculous. any hitter on the 2017 team needs to be suspended for a min of 50 games, maybe more. even if they did not "participate" they get suspended. mlb gave them nothing. enough of this plea deal bull.

German gets 81 games and playoffs for slapping his wife just because he hit her. Not saying it was right but he got no benefit of the doubt. Astros players cheat using advanced methods and get nothing. The owner gets a slap on the wrist fine. the lack of mlb response is what is prompting a bigger response by the other players.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What an edge

Better than steroids actually knowing pitches before hand

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Only reason this is a story is because the Astros won the championship. If people start throwing at their heads, watch out. I guarantee there are more guilty teams out there, and some of the Astros players know who they are. Other teams aren't going to want to take the chance of being outed.

As far as apologies, what are you wanting these guys to say? Even if they produced tears, you would be saying they were just doing it because they got caught, so why not have a ho hum attitude about it? They got what they were doing it for, and that's a championship. You can say it is tainted all you want, but they will always be YOUR 2017 World Series champions.

I actually have a whole new respect for Correa. He actually came forward, and explained how cheating wouldn't and really didn't help during the playoffs. He defended Altuve, Reddick, and Kemp. His explanation was a whole lot more detailed and fact based than Bollinger's.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Hmmm, Mr. Cheats at Sbr trivia has a problem with other people cheating.....

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

I love how people are piling on the Astros now but had nothing to say when the Patriots were caught cheating how many times and won titles because of it? Did the Pats ever apologize for anything they did? No, they just continued to cheat. No one got in trouble and got all the spoils time and time again. But lets pile on the Astros.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I love how people are piling on the Astros now but had nothing to say when the Patriots were caught cheating how many times and won titles because of it? Did the Pats ever apologize for anything they did? No, they just continued to cheat. No one got in trouble and got all the spoils time and time again. But lets pile on the Astros.
    The big difference here is that none of the players of the Astros got punished. Brady served a four game suspension for deflategate and spygate had nothing to do with the players filming. Players cheating and having no repercussions is the issue here IMO.

its going to be a long year for them as the other teams and fans will treat them like shit

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

look they have all cheated. i followed the reds most of my life. Ever wonder why danny graves lost 4 mph on his fastball after the started testing for steroids? Ever wonder why aaron boone's calve muscles were bigger than most peoples quads? Wonder why pete rose never touched alcohol but allegedlyloved greenies? As I told many people...Barry bonds was and is a horrible person. But roids never helped him hit a curveball. Guy would get maybe 2 pitches to hit a game and he exploded on them. If steroids helped you hit curve balls...randy poffo would be a a household name in baseball. Instead of being lanny poffo (the genius) brother or as a wrestler named MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!
    Last edited by chico2663; 02-16-20 at 08:21 AM.

chico2663

sure the racist dumb willy has no problem with tom brady or bill bellicheat!

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    The big difference here is that none of the players of the Astros got punished. Brady served a four game suspension for deflategate and spygate had nothing to do with the players filming. Players cheating and having no repercussions is the issue here IMO.

its going to be a long year for them as the other teams and fans will treat them like shit

booya that is because mlba is the strongest union is the country. Pete rose if he was a player instead of a manager ... would be in the hall of fame. The reason brady got 4 games is because the nflpa ? is more for management than players.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    booya that is because mlba is the strongest union is the country. Pete rose if he was a player instead of a manager ... would be in the hall of fame. The reason brady got 4 games is because the nflpa ? is more for management than players.
    Pete Rose not being in the HOF is the biggest travesty in sports today
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave Booya711 48 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC, and b1slickguy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good interview

Guy makes some good points

chico2663

booya if the knew all the depravity with pete rose you would not be such a proponent. He is a scumbag. He is lucky that feds called off local police.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Every team and every player cheats in baseball in some way, shape or form....and has since the beginning of the game.

Whether it's sharpening your spikes into a point, betting on the other team, dropping infield flys, not touching a base, using a nail file, too much pine tar, corking a bat, spitting on a ball, adding KY gel in your mit, using a glove too big in the outfield, stealing signs, poisoned pill contracts, holding back eligibility for players, playing to specific performance quotas in contracts, etc...

This really is not that big of a story. You think if Germany knew the Brits had cracked their codes they'd keep using them??? Hell no, they'd change after the % of maneuvers successfully counter punched went up.

Same in baseball, if other team starts getting too lucky then change your signs up!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Pete Rose not being in the HOF is the biggest travesty in sports today
    really? he used every illegal substance in the book (what do you think made charlie hustle?) and then bet against his own team that he was managing. that's downright sick.

and to the astros who say "yeah we cheated but we gained no advantage". well then why would you cheat? adding to the problem with more lies and insincere apologies

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    really? he used every illegal substance in the book (what do you think made charlie hustle?) and then bet against his own team that he was managing. that's downright sick.

and to the astros who say "yeah we cheated but we gained no advantage". well then why would you cheat? adding to the problem with more lies and insincere apologies
    There was NEVER evidence of him betting against his own team...only ON his team. I would agree with you if he was found guilty of betting against his team.

There are plenty of MLB'ers that are in the HOF that have used illegal substances.....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    I heard one of the Astros on the radio today apologizing and saying that their cheating didn't affect the game. The reporter asked him why he as even apologizing if it didn't affect the game and he said because they broke the rules. The Astros are only sorry they got caught.
    It it wasn't going to affect the game, then why'd they do it? Because it was fun?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

There was NEVER evidence of him betting against his own team...only ON his team. I would agree with you if he was found guilty of betting against his team.

There are plenty of MLB'ers that are in the HOF that have used illegal substances.....
    well he lied about everything else so why would you believe that part of it?

i never bet on baseball! wrong
    i never bet on reds games! wrong
    i never bet when i was playing! wrong

and even if pete rose didn't bet against the reds as a manager, he essentially did bet against them because he didn't bet ON them in certain circumstances, setting up his lineup/rotation for the next day when he WAS going to bet on them.

June 20th, 1987 Braves 8 Reds 6
    Gullickson starts and gives up seven runs before Rose replaces him with relievers Bill Landrum and Frank Williams. Both are decent pitchers. The Reds cut the lead to 8-6 after seven innings. But instead of bringing in one of his better pitchers, Rose chose to bring in Bill Scherrer, who had at that time had an ERA of over 12. Follow along here. By using his pitchers this way, it sets up the next night for him to have his best relief pitchers fresh. And yes, he bet on that game!
    July 16th, 1987 Mets 9 Reds 0
    Gullickson gave up five runs before being pulled. Take a guess who replaced him? None other than Bill Scherrer. The Reds were facing Dwight Gooden in this game so I think we can give Rose a pass on this one.
    July 26th, 1987 Expos 6 Reds 0
    Gullickson is allowed to stay in the game and gives up six runs. Who finishes the rest of the game you might ask? Will, it’s none other than Bill Scherrer. Surprised? The Reds rotation is set up perfectly for the Reds in the next game. Rose put a bet down.
    August 1st, 1987 Giants 6 Reds 0
    Gullickson gives up six runs. By now you know who replaced him. Yep, Bill Scherrer finishes the game.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    well he lied about everything else so why would you believe that part of it?

i never bet on baseball! wrong
    i never bet on reds games! wrong
    i never bet when i was playing! wrong

and even if pete rose didn't bet against the reds as a manager, he essentially did bet against them because he didn't bet ON them in certain circumstances, setting up his lineup/rotation for the next day when he WAS going to bet on them.

June 20th, 1987 Braves 8 Reds 6
    Gullickson starts and gives up seven runs before Rose replaces him with relievers Bill Landrum and Frank Williams. Both are decent pitchers. The Reds cut the lead to 8-6 after seven innings. But instead of bringing in one of his better pitchers, Rose chose to bring in Bill Scherrer, who had at that time had an ERA of over 12. Follow along here. By using his pitchers this way, it sets up the next night for him to have his best relief pitchers fresh. And yes, he bet on that game!
    July 16th, 1987 Mets 9 Reds 0
    Gullickson gave up five runs before being pulled. Take a guess who replaced him? None other than Bill Scherrer. The Reds were facing Dwight Gooden in this game so I think we can give Rose a pass on this one.
    July 26th, 1987 Expos 6 Reds 0
    Gullickson is allowed to stay in the game and gives up six runs. Who finishes the rest of the game you might ask? Will, it’s none other than Bill Scherrer. Surprised? The Reds rotation is set up perfectly for the Reds in the next game. Rose put a bet down.
    August 1st, 1987 Giants 6 Reds 0
    Gullickson gives up six runs. By now you know who replaced him. Yep, Bill Scherrer finishes the game.

I am only going with the facts that are in evidence...We can play the what if game with every player out there

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

All this talk about the Astros being this and that is just motivating them more. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them win the World Series. That will really stick it to everyone

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20385

Baker already whining about beanballs.

123 Last