stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Nasher likes the White Sox tonight -121 over the KC Royals (8:15 pm start)

There's two ways to bet this game tonight, money line -121 or run line +120
    Since -121 is very affordable I'll take the money line with the White Sox, and here is why.

This game features two young starters, White Sox 'next big thing' Dylan Cease gets the go against KC's Glenn Sparkman.

I'm an avid KC Royal fan, I'm qualified to say that Sparkman is a punching bag, a hamburger, a gas can, fill in your own adjective.

For those of you unfamiliar with Sparkman, he's a RHP long reliever/spot starter making his 18th appearance this season, this being his tenth start, the ninth consecutive.

His last 8 consecutive starts have been brutal, Sparkman was 1 and 4 three no decisions overall KC was 2 and 6.
    In those 8 starts he;s pitched 39.2 innings (less the 5 IP per) given up 49 hits 10 walks (that's a brutal 1.49 WH/IP) and an ERA of 6.58, wait it gets worse, he's yielded 12 home runs in those 39.2 innings. That's beyond brutal and his batting average against in and ugly .299 with and OBA of .343 and a OPS of .948.

This is his third start vs. Chicago, the first one he failed to get out of the second inning, giving up 4 earned in 1.0 innings, 3 hits one being a homer in a 8-7 loss. The second start was just as bad he gave up 8 hits a walk 3 runs 2 earned in 6.2 innings. the White Sox won that as well 5-2.

The White Sox Dylan Cease is a highly touted minor league starter making his second MLB career start.
    His debut was so-so in beating the Tigers 7-5.

KC is eliminated from a playoff spot, hell they've been eliminated since Memorial day, the White Sox are nine games back of the last wild card as their playoff hopes are slim and none and it would behoove them to go a heater real fast.

White Sox are visitors tonight invading the K, they have the better pitcher, the hitters roughed up Sparkman twice this season going 12 for 37 (.324) with two homers.

On paper Sox look too good to pass up in this spot.

Sox -121 for your pal Nasher please.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

On this as well Nasher.. BOL

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Sparkmans home splits are 1.38 ERA and 0.88 WHIP

GL tonite

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

fukk bro how does one become a KC fan and Steve Nash fan?

you are very versatile.

good luck.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Sparkmans home splits are 1.38 ERA and 0.88 WHIP

GL tonite
    I'm aware however of that (nine earned in 37 IP) 2 and 2 overall in nine appearances (4 starts)
    Here's the rub, Sparkman's K ratio is extremely low, and the White Sox hit him hard at home in the K on June 9 plus he gives up way to homers.

But yes Sparkman is more comfortable and a better pitcher at home.

Good luck to you as well Philly, I can't think of any spot to back KC and I love that team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

don't let me down

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nasher been pretty on target lately

Bang it

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    fukk bro how does one become a KC fan and Steve Nash fan?

you are very versatile.

good luck.
    Long story short I'm a sucker for point guards, Nash, Kidd, Dennis Johnson and Stockton are my all time favorites, the best I've ever seen is Curry.
    I don't consider Magic a true PG or else he'd be way up there too, Probably the best.

KC Royals are an easy team to like, I have friends out there in Missouri, and when Gordon, Hosmer, Moose and the rest were coming up pretty much together in the minors I could tell that unit would be special and I really started following them religiously.
    GM Dayton Moore did an incredible job putting that team together, trading for Cain from Milwaukee was genius, too bad owner David Glass who has more money than God blew the whole thing up in 2016 and 2017 because he's a skin flint that won't open up his wallet.

Thanks and good luck to you as well.
    Points Awarded:

sosawestbrook gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nasher been pretty on target lately

Bang it
    I hope to keep it going forever however one has to lose a game every now and than.
    Not laying ridiculous juice will always keep you in the game.
    Good to see you well rested Coach, give them hell.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

why not . lets roll. GL

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

GL Nasher

stevenash

Thanks E-R and MrSink!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Maybe sparkman just what dr ordered but chisox offense has been crap since asb. The bottom of that order is awful and the top hasn’t been producing much lately., pass for me. Gl Nasher

stevenash

Lovely, two errors on Moncada in the first.
    Dude has a terrific stick, can't field for shit.

2-0 KC, it's still early.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Maybe sparkman just what dr ordered but chisox offense has been crap since asb. The bottom of that order is awful and the top hasn’t been producing much lately., pass for me. Gl Nasher
    Thanks, good luck to you as well Banker.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Lovely, two errors on Moncada in the first.
    Dude has a terrific stick, can't field for shit.

2-0 KC, it's still early.
    They have really looked bad since asb. Understand them needing to get hot but looks more like a team that still a bit away and are falling off quick.

I tried getting a W with them gm 1 of this series hoping kc was class relief after the sweep in Oakland where the top 4 did nothing. Plus figured if giolitto was becoming that guy he would go out and do whatever it took to snap the skid, he wasn’t bad but he wasn’t lights out like they needed. He didn’t get very good defense behind him and no support either as Junis pissed all over them. Wasn’t till kc crap pen came in they got anything.

Unfortunately struggles of the top 4 have continued into this series against lot of suspect kc pitching (between starters and the very mediocre pen). So much pressure on top of lineup to produce cause 6 thru 9 is a black hole of .600 and under ops bums.

(We have “Mendoza line” for .200 hitters, nash we need a clever phrase/word for the new age where batting average doesn’t matter and ops the new standard. What shall we call these sub .600 ops guys? Should .600 be the number? Lol)

They should move jay to the 9 hole or to the top of the lineup cause he is scorching but he Jon jay so that means singles and doubles. He went 4 for 4 yesterday just to be left sitting on bases stranded by the sub .600 boys every time! Already 1 for 1 tonight and stranded again! For the love of god get him into a spot he can be a rbi opportunity for the 4 guys who can swing the bat!! Jay is 9 for 17 since asb and he has scored 1 damn run!!

Rooting for ya but 4 run lead feels more like 12 w the way Black Sox offense is sputtering. Mfers have more errors than hits now, vs sparkman as you mentioned a gas can. Starting to get the feel this could be a very long and ugly slump.

stevenash

This one is dead and so is my streak.
    Sorry to all that tailed.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

A lot of baseball cappers not doing good this year. LT Profirs is down a ton. It's an epidemic. I started making my own plays using a new system.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    A lot of baseball cappers not doing good this year. LT Profirs is down a ton. It's an epidemic. I started making my own plays using a new system.
    How's it working out?

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Whitewashed

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

shame

flakeandbake
    flakeandbake's Avatar Become A Pro!