stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Titans look like they are for real.

It's all about defense in baseball, basketball, and in the NFL.
    More times than not, championship teams have championship defenses.
    Just go back in time, 1985 Bears with Dent, Singletary and that group, they made a hamburger like QB Jim McMahon a Super Bowl champion.
    1986 Giants with LT and that crew. They beat the Bills in the Super Bowl with a back up quarter back.
    2000 Ravens and Ray Lewis
    2002 Bucs won it with defense, Ronde Barber was the leagues lock corner that season, Brooks was a tackling machine, so was Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp had a nice season too for the Bucs.

Titans yesterday showed their defense is for real, that was a good Jag team they beat yesterday 9-6 with smash mouth defense. It's tough to score on them Titans don't yield many yards.
    And look at that soft second half schedule they have. If you have a good solid defense you can go far in the NFL. Titans can win with Mariota and his bad throwing arm or currently injured Gabbert.

If your're wondering why the Dolphins are undefeated still, it's because of defense.
    You can't run the ball on the Dolphins, that's why it would not shock me if they beat the Pats this coming Sunday.
    The best way to score on Miami is up top, not on the ground for sure, only real threat New England has is Gronk, Hogan is a slightly better than ordinary receiver, and White is an OK pass catching back. I can see Drake and old man Frank Gore having nice games, Tannehill doesn't need to do much next week except to be careful.You can run all day on that Pats run defense.

Would not shock me if Miami wins the east.
    But it looks like the Titans are beasts of the south.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Nasher been off lately

hopefully you ready for mlb postseason

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

^
    I'm doing OK in football, treading water, baseball I'm up 22*
    Ride the Indians Louisville, that's the team to beat out of the American League, not the Astros or Red Sox.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Good luck Steve

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Jags should still win South, yesterday was just a bad spot for them with post-Pats letdown. I am not at all high on Tennessee offense, which should make all the difference with both teams having good defense (but Jags better there too).

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Problem with Titans is they can't put points on the board. Mariota is not a franchise qb either. They need trick plays and flukes to score. Like LT said, take yesterday's game with Jags with a grain of salt. Jags just had their SB last week vs NE. Guaranteed they had lazy practices all week and were not up for game.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    It's all about defense in baseball, basketball, and in the NFL.
    More times than not, championship teams have championship defenses.
    Just go back in time, 1985 Bears with Dent, Singletary and that group, they made a hamburger like QB Jim McMahon a Super Bowl champion.
    1986 Giants with LT and that crew. They beat the Bills in the Super Bowl with a back up quarter back.
    2000 Ravens and Ray Lewis
    2002 Bucs won it with defense, Ronde Barber was the leagues lock corner that season, Brooks was a tackling machine, so was Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp had a nice season too for the Bucs.

Titans yesterday showed their defense is for real, that was a good Jag team they beat yesterday 9-6 with smash mouth defense. It's tough to score on them Titans don't yield many yards.
    And look at that soft second half schedule they have. If you have a good solid defense you can go far in the NFL. Titans can win with Mariota and his bad throwing arm or currently injured Gabbert.

If your're wondering why the Dolphins are undefeated still, it's because of defense.
    You can't run the ball on the Dolphins, that's why it would not shock me if they beat the Pats this coming Sunday.
    The best way to score on Miami is up top, not on the ground for sure, only real threat New England has is Gronk, Hogan is a slightly better than ordinary receiver, and White is an OK pass catching back. I can see Drake and old man Frank Gore having nice games, Tannehill doesn't need to do much next week except to be careful.You can run all day on that Pats run defense.

Would not shock me if Miami wins the east.
    But it looks like the Titans are beasts of the south.
    Giants in 86 won with starter Simms who was MVP of SB
    90 team won with Hostetler with a great defense as well

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Buddy titans suck. They beat jax without fornette. I would lay a td on jax in tenn. But most likely will be even

Beantownmatt
    Beantownmatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2130

I agree steve nash with miami winning the east over the pats. We will see what flash gorden and wouldn't be surprised if the pats maybe take a shot with dez bryant to give brady some more weapons to keep pace with this horrible defense

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Decent qb also