jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You are such a dumb f**king piece of crap you are laughable. Once again, you have proven that I have forgotten more than you have ever known. You still can't get your nose out of Obama's arse, can you? Dumb f**k.
    Couldnt be more wrong, I cant stand obama, good luck with your plays this year buddy.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Ha! Who do you think you're kidding? Taggart didn't even coach that bowl game. Even if he did, South Carolina was left in a mess by Spurrier and was awful last year. South Florida was a 10 point favorite in that game and barely snuck by with a win. Why would you brag about that bowl game?

South Florida is a huge school in a second rate conference. You're supposed to win there!

Check back after 3 years coaching Oregon and we'll see if his record is better or worse.
    forget the bowl then, he did well last two years there why try and take away from that. McIntyre had a losing record also when he got Pac 12 job who cares, that doesnt mean a coach isnt a good coach, gotta look at everything.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    forget the bowl then, he did well last two years there why try and take away from that. McIntyre had a losing record also when he got Pac 12 job who cares, that doesnt mean a coach isnt a good coach, gotta look at everything.
    Come on, just admit it, no white coach would ever have gotten that job with an extensive long term losing head coaching record.

#blackHCprivilege

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

jt vs bbq lol

a dumb racist vs a dumb liberal

jtoler

Come on, just admit it, no white coach would ever have gotten that job with an extensive long term losing head coaching record.

#blackHCprivilege
    MacIntyre 16-21 before taking over at Colorado, would be nice for once a hater used good logic.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Anything can happen in Oregon. That Liberal Bitch of a Governor, Kate Brown has decided to decriminalize the use of Heroin and Meth because there are too many blacks in prison compared to whites. The State Legislature went for this. That is how f**ked up Oregon is.

As far as Taggart is concerned, if, like Jtoler, the people in Oregon are satisfied with also-ran teams who win 6-9 games a season, we will do fine. If they are expecting Pac 12 championships from him, he is gone in 3 years.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Anything can happen in Oregon. That Liberal Bitch of a Governor, Kate Brown has decided to decriminalize the use of Heroin and Meth because there are too many blacks in prison compared to whites. The State Legislature went for this. That is how f**ked up Oregon is.
    You really need to cancel your subscription to the Enquirer.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    You really need to cancel your subscription to the Enquirer.
    What are you? Some kind of crackhead? Look it up fool. You really do not have to prove just how stupid you really are.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

What are you? Some kind of crackhead? Look it up fool. You really do not have to prove just how stupid you really are.
    I live here you moron so I think I know what she is doing a little better than you do.

It has nothing to do with more black prisoners and it only covers first time offenders, she still hasn't signed it but I'm sure you knew that as well.

dlowilly

MacIntyre 16-21 before taking over at Colorado, would be nice for once a hater used good logic.
    I'm sorry you didn't feel like paying attention to my previous posts. I said no white coach with an extensive losing head coach record could have landed that Oregon job. Taggart was 40-45, with a lackluster overall losing record at W Kentucky, and an overall losing record at USF. He only had one really good season out of 7, but he landed the head coaching job at a Pac 10 traditional powerhouse school with a 5 year contract worth 16 million plus incentives.

Mike Macintyre had a losing record of 16-21 over just 3 seasons which is under half of the games Taggart coached (hence the adjective "extensive" for Taggart). Macintyre significantly improved every season at SJSU, and in 3 years at Colorado turned around a 1-11 team the year before he got the job, into the 2016 Pac 12 South champions (for the 1st time in school history) along with winning the Pac 12 coach of the year and Walter Camp coach of the year. Even after all he's done for Colorado, his new contract is only equal to Taggart's starting contract at Oregon.

#BlackHCprivilege

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

I hate when people point to the numbers of actual records in situations like this. BigDaddy does this with Harbaugh, and it's ridiculous.

Taggart turned two programs completely around. He got the kids at USF to actually play together, which was something they never did well. The guy's really freakin good.

When very good coaches come in and turn programs around, they don't go 10-2 right away. They take their lumps, get their players in, and make it work. Takes a few years.

Oregon isn't stupid. They don't look at a stud like Taggart, take one look at his 40-45 record and go "Nope, not successful enough".

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I hate when people point to the numbers of actual records in situations like this. BigDaddy does this with Harbaugh, and it's ridiculous.

Taggart turned two programs completely around. He got the kids at USF to actually play together, which was something they never did well. The guy's really freakin good.

When very good coaches come in and turn programs around, they don't go 10-2 right away. They take their lumps, get their players in, and make it work. Takes a few years.

Oregon isn't stupid. They don't look at a stud like Taggart, take one look at his 40-45 record and go "Nope, not successful enough".
    Are you really going to try to say Taggart being black wasn't the main reason he got the job? Of course he isn't an awful coach, but had he been white and everything else equal he would not have made the list of prospective coaches for Oregon.

He also made some of the most boneheaded game decisions I have ever seen at W Kentucky, stuff you wouldn't see High School coaches do

Ralphie Halves

Are you really going to try to say Taggart being black wasn't the main reason he got the job?
    Yes I am.

It's not like you're gonna be able to bully Oregon and Phil Knight into making a quota hire.

And Taggart and Strong were the only black HCs hired on this year (not sure what Jay Norvell is), so why didn't 20 other programs force-hire a black guy?

Not sure how can you argue that he was hired because he was black? Walk me through it, how did that process go down?

Coaches that turn two different programs around in the span of a decade are usually going to be in demand regardless of what they look like.

Ralphie Halves

And I remember too, their top 2 candidates right after Helfrich got fired were Chip Kelley and Kyle Whittingham, who they would have taken in a heartbeat. If their goal was to be racially sensitive, they would have failed in both situations.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10538

West coast haven't been relevant in college football for decades
    Please stop
    West coast great for a late night play and to cash 💰

dlowilly

Yes I am.

It's not like you're gonna be able to bully Oregon and Phil Knight into making a quota hire.

And Taggart and Strong were the only black HCs hired on this year (not sure what Jay Norvell is), so why didn't 20 other programs force-hire a black guy?

Not sure how can you argue that he was hired because he was black? Walk me through it, how did that process go down?

Coaches that turn two different programs around in the span of a decade are usually going to be in demand regardless of what they look like.
    And I remember too, their top 2 candidates right after Helfrich got fired were Chip Kelley and Kyle Whittingham, who they would have taken in a heartbeat. If their goal was to be racially sensitive, they would have failed in both situations.
    Ok I'll walk you through it

There is social and institutional pressure on schools to interview and hire black head coaches

Oregon has never had a black head coach

Oregon couldn't get who they really wanted for head coach

Oregon is coming off their worst season in 25 years

Oregon said fuk it, we suck now anyway so let's get this black head coach thing out of the way.

Ralphie Halves

There is social and institutional pressure on schools to interview and hire black head coaches

Oregon said fuk it, we suck now anyway so let's get this black head coach thing out of the way.
    There's always been social and institutional pressure to hire minorities. But there's been 100X the pressure to win and keep winning, ESPECIALLY when you're had a great run, because then expectations get ridiculous.

I see what you're saying dlow, I just think in the college football win-at-all-costs state we're in, all that social shit gets swept aside pretty easily.

In every FBS program across the nation, kids get free passes for violence, rape, drugs (until it happens so many times they just can't deal with it anymore). They get cars, money, etc. I think the morality train left the station a long time ago.

jtoler

The bs is in bold, that may have been true 20-30 years ago but even then universities hired who they wanted to hire. They want to win and all the pressure in the world isnt going to get a school to hire a minority. If a minority is hired its because they feel he's their best choice.

jtoler

I'm sorry you didn't feel like paying attention to my previous posts. I said no white coach with an extensive losing head coach record could have landed that Oregon job. Taggart was 40-45, with a lackluster overall losing record at W Kentucky, and an overall losing record at USF. He only had one really good season out of 7, but he landed the head coaching job at a Pac 10 traditional powerhouse school with a 5 year contract worth 16 million plus incentives.

Mike Macintyre had a losing record of 16-21 over just 3 seasons which is under half of the games Taggart coached (hence the adjective "extensive" for Taggart). Macintyre significantly improved every season at SJSU, and in 3 years at Colorado turned around a 1-11 team the year before he got the job, into the 2016 Pac 12 South champions (for the 1st time in school history) along with winning the Pac 12 coach of the year and Walter Camp coach of the year. Even after all he's done for Colorado, his new contract is only equal to Taggart's starting contract at Oregon.

#BlackHCprivilege
    And you must have missed where I said you have to take everything into consideration. WKU wasnt an FBS school until 2008 and didnt get into a full sun belt conference until 2009 so in 2009 WKU is horrible, they go 0-12, Taggart takes over the following season with a horrible team, they go 2-10, the next two seasons they go 7-5, thats called a turnaround. When Taggart takes over for USF, they are coming off of a horrible 3-9 season under Skip Holtz who was there for 3 years and got worse every year. Taggart's first year in a new conference they go 2-10, followed by 4-8, then 8-5, then 10-2. Thats called progress, again taking everything into account and starting with bad programs Taggart was able to build a positive, thats whats important. Not everyone is lucky enough to land at an Alabama like Saban where every top recruit automatically wants to play for you.

dlowilly

The bs is in bold, that may have been true 20-30 years ago but even then universities hired who they wanted to hire. They want to win and all the pressure in the world isnt going to get a school to hire a minority. If a minority is hired its because they feel he's their best choice.
    I disagree

Exhibit A: Charlie Strong hire at Texas

You guys keep acting like I'm saying Taggart is a bad coach. No, I'm just saying a white coach with his history and record would not get hired at Oregon

jtoler

I disagree

Exhibit A: Charlie Strong hire at Texas

You guys keep acting like I'm saying Taggart is a bad coach. No, I'm just saying a white coach with his history and record would not get hired at Oregon
    You fail to not understand what taking everything into consideration means. His losing record is largely because he came into bad programs, he turned those around though, its not like he got the Oregon job after going 6-6 last year. How is Charlie Strong an example? Who was a hotter coach than Strong in 2014 when he was hired? You think of all places the state of Texas hired a black coach because of some invisible and unseen pressure? Give me a break, they hired him because they thought W's would be the result of the hire, nothing more, nothing less.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Oregon is not good, the end

dlowilly

You fail to not understand what taking everything into consideration means.
    Agreed, thank you

His losing record is largely because he came into bad programs, he turned those around though, its not like he got the Oregon job after going 6-6 last year. How is Charlie Strong an example? Who was a hotter coach than Strong in 2014 when he was hired? You think of all places the state of Texas hired a black coach because of some invisible and unseen pressure? Give me a break, they hired him because they thought W's would be the result of the hire, nothing more, nothing less.
    But that's what I'm saying, he did ok with WKU and USF, not great. WKU became mediocre under him, and they have greatly improved since he left. USF was not a bad program, it had a few off years under Holtz. They had an all time winning record before him, and an 84-61 record in I-A without his 25-25 record. So WKU is better off without him, and USF was a historically successful winning program before he amassed his career even record there.

As far as Charlie Strong, many donors and administration were against hiring him. They knew it was a bad token hire to help get folks like ESPN off their back. Strong had a perfect storm at Louisville playing in a weak conference with a dominant NFL QB.

jtoler

Agreed, thank you

But that's what I'm saying, he did ok with WKU and USF, not great. WKU became mediocre under him, and they have greatly improved since he left. USF was not a bad program, it had a few off years under Holtz. They had an all time winning record before him, and an 84-61 record in I-A without his 25-25 record. So WKU is better off without him, and USF was a historically successful winning program before he amassed his career even record there.

As far as Charlie Strong, many donors and administration were against hiring him. They knew it was a bad token hire to help get folks like ESPN off their back. Strong had a perfect storm at Louisville playing in a weak conference with a dominant NFL QB.
    How did WKU become a mediocre program under him if when he took over they were coming off a 0-12 season, when he left they were 7-5. How did he leave it mediocre? Thats insane to say. Again they werent fbs until 2009 the year he took over, so he takes over an 0-12 team that was fcs and entering fbs, come on man. Do you not know the difference between fcs and fbs? One other thing, Taggart played at WKU, was the starting qb there all 4 years, so yea, like many schools they hired one of their own. USF being "historically good" means nothing if when he takes over theyre coming off of 5-7 and 3-9 seasons. You have to regroup at that point, when he left they were 11-2, but go ahead and poo poo on any positives.

Lol again the notion that youre trying to make, that the U. of Texas hired Strong because he is black is once again insane, youre the only one who would say such a thing, it doesnt make sense. If Strong had such a perfect storm at Louisville and was playing in a weak conference then why did the guy before him go 4-7 and 4-8? Get off the race crap bro, youll never be able to make all the pegs fit into the points youre trying to make.

dlowilly

USF being "historically good" means nothing if when he takes over theyre coming off of 5-7 and 3-9 seasons. You have to regroup at that point, when he left they were 11-2, but go ahead and poo poo on any positives.
    But you said he came in to bad programs. USF was not a bad program. Had a few bad years, yes, but not a bad program as their historical record shows.

Once again, you keep trying to interpret me saying mediocre results as me saying he was bad. I am not saying that. You are fighting an uphill battle trying to revision a 16-20 and 24-25 record as excellent or even good. Just because one busboy sucks and doesn't show up half the time, that doesn't mean the new busboy is incredible because he shows up for work.
    Lol again the notion that youre trying to make, that the U. of Texas hired Strong because he is black is once again insane, youre the only one who would say such a thing, it doesnt make sense. If Strong had such a perfect storm at Louisville and was playing in a weak conference then why did the guy before him go 4-7 and 4-8?
    Because the guy before him didn't have Teddy Bridgewater. The Charlie Strong hire at Texas was 50% hope and 50% political correctness.

dlowilly

How did WKU become a mediocre program under him if when he took over they were coming off a 0-12 season, when he left they were 7-5. How did he leave it mediocre? Thats insane to say.
    Overall 16-20 record, ending with two 7-5 seasons. That's pretty much the definition of mediocre. Don't forget they have done much better since he's left also

jtoler

Overall 16-20 record, ending with two 7-5 seasons. That's pretty much the definition of mediocre. Don't forget they have done much better since he's left also
    Youre unreasonable.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

taggart???????

I can't get this f'n guy outta my head....

this idiot going to join him on the sideline?

taggart and rosewood.....

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11488

The Charlie Strong hire at Texas was 50% hope and 50% political correctness.
    It was 100% retarded.

Black coach with a white wife. Got on his high horse about the team messing around with women, lecturing them on respect - then cheats on his wife with another married white lady (herself was married a black football guy). Like a parade of clowns.

Texas is an extremely high profile program and should only be coached by someone fundamentally ready to lead. Strong was not, but with that said, University of South Florida is perfect for an imperfect football savant.
    Points Awarded:

dlowilly gave ByeShea 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    It was 100% retarded.

Black coach with a white wife. Got on his high horse about the team messing around with women, lecturing them on respect - then cheats on his wife with another married white lady (herself was married a black football guy). Like a parade of clowns.

Texas is an extremely high profile program and should only be coached by someone fundamentally ready to lead. Strong was not, but with that said, University of South Florida is perfect for an imperfect football savant.
    As usual the emotional residential wannabe racist perjures a post with innuendo and allegations. The next post you make lie-free will be the first.

dlowilly

As usual the emotional residential wannabe racist perjures a post with innuendo and allegations. The next post you make lie-free will be the first.

Oh wow, what a coincidence, after Charlie Strong was summoned and his phone and text records subpoenaed ole Tracy Blue decided to settle the divorce case lol

jtoler

Ive seen that before and I can read. He wasnt accused of anything and nothing came of it. And what does shea mean with all the married to a black football guy lol he's a funny cat. Doesnt really black nor played football.

dlowilly

Ive seen that before and I can read. He wasnt accused of anything and nothing came of it. And what does shea mean with all the married to a black football guy lol he's a funny cat. Doesnt really black nor played football.
    Just going to lie and act like it's no big deal? He most certainly was accused of having an affair, that's the whole reason he was summoned to testify and all his texts, phone bills, etc. were subpoenaed. Stop it. The only reason nothing came of it is because ole Ms. Skank knew the gig was up so she settled.

jtoler

Just going to lie and act like it's no big deal? He most certainly was accused of having an affair, that's the whole reason he was summoned to testify and all his texts, phone bills, etc. were subpoenaed. Stop it. The only reason nothing came of it is because ole Ms. Skank knew the gig was up so she settled.
    Its a divorce, her husband seemed to be a man with money and simply wanted to keep it. Divorces are messy, seems if he really thought such he'd have gone further, nothing came of it. One of the best things Strong did was let Applewhite go, a guy who cheated on his pregnant wife with a student. Mack Brown ran a loosey goosey program down there that Charlie had to try and clean up.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-30-17 at 01:04 PM.

dlowilly

Its a divorce, her husband seemed to be a man with money and simply wanted to keep it. Divorces are messy, seems if he really thought such he'd have gone further, nothing came of it.
    Now ur just being obtuse. The mere threat of Strong testifying and his phone texts and such being subpoenaed caused Ms. Skank to stop fighting. Why would he go further and expose the mother of his children as a deviant whore when he already got what he wanted?

First 123 Last