Mets fans are in for a rough winter for
sure. This was SUPPOSED to be their year. I’ll have to agree that Buck just didn’t have his players ready to roll especially given the new playoff rules.
Comment
pologq
SBR Posting Legend
10-07-12
19899
#3
buck always falters. i like him but i also don't deny these playoff failures.
Comment
jjgold
SBR Aristocracy
07-20-05
388201
#4
Bucky been a loser since day one and epic collapse to lose the division. He will be fired this off season
Comment
JAKEPEAVY21
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
03-11-11
29646
#5
I have actually always liked Showalter.
I guess that was his last gasp effort to throw Musgrove off his game.
Comment
jjgold
SBR Aristocracy
07-20-05
388201
#6
Blowing division killed them and clear reason for firing
Comment
pologq
SBR Posting Legend
10-07-12
19899
#7
i like him as a manager to push his players. it just seems like he always falls short.
Comment
Four33
SBR Sharp
06-13-19
437
#8
Buck good in regular season terrible in postseason.
Comment
JAKEPEAVY21
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
03-11-11
29646
#9
The manager didn't get 1 hit in the elimination game...
Comment
Booya711
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
12-20-11
27365
#10
Baseball is such a bad product
Comment
TheLock
SBR Posting Legend
04-06-08
14427
#11
Originally posted by JAKEPEAVY21
I have actually always liked Showalter.
I guess that was his last gasp effort to throw Musgrove off his game.
Exactly how I feel.
Comment
TheLock
SBR Posting Legend
04-06-08
14427
#12
Originally posted by Booya711
Baseball is such a bad product
Thanks for taking the time to click and comment in the baseball thread.
Comment
DrunkHorseplayer
SBR Hall of Famer
05-15-10
7720
#13
Originally posted by jjgold
Bucky been a loser since day one and epic collapse to lose the division. He will be fired this off season
Epic collapse? After being up 10.5 games, the Mets went 66-44 (.600 ball); the problem was that the Braves went 77-34 (.694 ball).
Comment
stake1
SBR Posting Legend
12-19-18
18150
#14
Originally posted by JAKEPEAVY21
I have actually always liked Showalter.
I guess that was his last gasp effort to throw Musgrove off his game.
he will get plenty of votes as manager-of-the-year. won 100 games, with only 11 starts out of degrom.
Yeah that was a bad look imo, David Cone nailed it when he said musgrove was not gaylord perry out there. He tried to get into musgrove's mind, and it backfired. To his credit, Buck spoke very highly of the Padres in his post game presser and Melvin
Comment
JAKEPEAVY21
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
03-11-11
29646
#15
Originally posted by stake1
he will get plenty of votes as manager-of-the-year. won 100 games, with only 11 starts out of degrom.
Yeah that was a bad look imo, David Cone nailed it when he said musgrove was not gaylord perry out there. He tried to get into musgrove's mind, and it backfired. To his credit, Buck spoke very highly of the Padres in his post game presser and Melvin
Even as a Padres fan, i do not hate Buck for that last night.
I look at it as grasping at straws and a desperation move trying to get Musgrove out of or off his game.
I will say that Musgrove is one of the more mentally strong players that i have observed, it would take a lot to throw him off....now if he did that to Snell, he would probably unravel....
Comment
stake1
SBR Posting Legend
12-19-18
18150
#16
Originally posted by JAKEPEAVY21
Even as a Padres fan, i do not hate Buck for that last night.
I look at it as grasping at straws and a desperation move trying to get Musgrove out of or off his game.
I will say that Musgrove is one of the more mentally strong players that i have observed, it would take a lot to throw him off....now if he did that to Snell, he would probably unravel....
great analysis Jake. Buck was desperate, I agree as his team couldn’t scratch out anything against musgrove. Initially when I watched that “bilateral ear massage” the umps performed on the mound? I was disgusted, but after the game the class Buck showed and the professionalism Joe showed changed my perspective
Comment
stevenash
Moderator
01-17-11
67920
#17
Originally posted by stake1
great analysis Jake. Buck was desperate.
Spot on Staker, on both counts.
Jake represents everything that is good about sports forums and discussion threads.
And yes Buck was desperate, desperate men resort to using desperate tactics and all that other happy bullshit.
I've heard a few say that was just 'sportsmanship', I disagree, I call that 'weak sauce'
That was just Buck being Buck.
He has close the a thirty year history of doing shit like that, I get it, nice guys finish last and all that.
I don't have to like it, and I do not, but I get it.
Let's call a spade a spade, Buck is a terrific baseball person with a brilliant baseball mind.
That being said, many, including me say he's beyond annoying, stubborn in his ways, anal retentive, and so on.
Buck has a track record of pissing people off, some of them people in higher places then him.
One of the reasons he got shit canned at the end of 1995 was because he was defiant to his boss, the late Mr. Steinbrenner.
I admire a man who stands up for his convictions, however there comes a time in everyman's life he has to eat a little shit.
You know who has the same character traits?
Joe Girardi.
Comment
Gamblinglover
SBR High Roller
03-08-22
172
#18
Nash I gotta agree with u....even tho I thought the Mets would win, I am kinda glad Musgrove didn't choke and taunted him once he got the job done.