View Poll Results: POLL: Do you believe that you are smarter than the AVERAGE person at SBR?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

166 88.30%
  • No

22 11.70%
    gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    i have satisfied numerous females cokk-only, and no i am not from the "advantaged" sector of society

i am not "disadvantaged" to a crippling degree as I know a few are, but make no mistake I am "lower-middle class" at best

nevertheless, i have routinely been able to satisfy females cokk-only

therefore i have reason to believe that i am above average in bed as far as skills are concerned
    Carper come back pal

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Average adult 18-99 no

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Define "smart". There are many forms of intelligence.
    He also needs to define the " AVERAGE person at SBR"

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Carper come back pal
    all of him, or cokk-only?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    smart is relative

who is to say the guy making minimum wage with a happy life is dumber than the CEO making millions but not happy?
    wow

i am always right

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

The "average" poster at SBR - NO
    JohnGalt - Definitely

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

147-20? Something doesn't add up here

Probably about 60 delusional libtards voting they are smarter than the average poster. Confidence is usually a good thing unless it's mixed with libtard.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Not many Lawn Mower movie men on SBR that's for sure but we try!!.. ..

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    The "average" poster at SBR - NO
    JohnGalt - Definitely
    Good one. At least you admit to being below average. I think everyone would agree with you on that.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Regarding every facet of gambling? No. Picking winners and basic intelligence? Yes

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    147-20? Something doesn't add up here

Probably about 60 delusional libtards voting they are smarter than the average poster. Confidence is usually a good thing unless it's mixed with libtard.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341
    If someone uses the term "tard" repeatedly... would they likely have below average or above average intelligence?
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    I believe so for two reasons
    1. Retard the term Tard is taken from has been taken out of use and a acceptable term for retard is Mentally Challenged .

2. By using the term Tard it is being used in a Hostile or Bullying sequence that usually indicates a person with below average intelligence at best.
    I tend to agree.

Think of the smartest people you've ever met in your entire life... how often were they using the term "tard"? If it's a lot... I strongly suspect you haven't met very many smart people.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can always measure a mans intellect by their linguistical skills and their mastery of the English language. By default also by capping skills, memory and most importantly posting wins ..

Not that care, now fuk off..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Unfortunately stupid people don't know that they're stupid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I tend to agree.

Think of the smartest people you've ever met in your entire life... how often were they using the term "tard"? If it's a lot... I strongly suspect you haven't met very many smart people.
    -tard isn't a word, it's a latin root meaning "late" or "slow"

Most of the English language is comprised of words which were created by combining these latin roots. "Lib-tard" does not mean the same thing as "Re-tard" any more than "acro-bat" means the same thing as "acro-phobia"

Either you are being intellectually dishonest, or you didn't know about latin roots, both of which should preclude you from making judgments about others' intelligence.

One other thing. Someone getting butthurt about a word used to refer to them doesn't mean the people using that word must be stupid or evil. Initially "liberal" was used, but that word has much too positive connotations for the actions and opinions of the people it was meant to describe.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 06-06-19 at 07:08 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    This is known as self serving bias and is increasingly more dangerous for society as our culture shifts further away from a collectivist identity to an individualistic one. Think about all the political decisions made by people who believe themselves to be vastly superior to those they're governing. I scroll through facebook sometimes and wonder how a tool created to connect people turned into a billion people all simultaneously screaming "look how awesome my life is!"

Like many here, I'm just smart enough to realize how dumb I must really be.
    Good thought. The problem is that many people think they are smarter than they natually are because of a huge decrease in educational goals. I promise you that today's college graduate has about 7% less intelligence than the graduates of 5 years ago had . This has been going on since the mid 1970's. Now all the PUBLIC Educational schools of higher learning want is to get their hands on the government monies, so they graduate these idiots who cannot speak English, major in African Studies, and use every trick in the book to steal a degree. A Bachelors Degree today is totally worthless. Mark Twain once said that 6 months worth of (work) experience was worth more than 6 years of education. He was, and still is, correct. So what you get is a bunch of neo-morons graduating College. Now add in all of the numerous drop-outs, the people with a high school diploma only, and no work experience at all and what you get is a nation full of idiots like we have now. If you graduated college 10 years ago, I do not care if you were #1 in your class or #5000. I guarantee you are smarter than 75% of the idiots out there today.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    -tard isn't a word, it's a latin root meaning "late" or "slow"
    I called it a term, not a word. And you didn't answer my question.

It's not just "tard", that just happens to be the one I see the most on SBR. Btw... I see people using Trumptard as well and I'm not excluding them. IMO... you can usually roughly tell how intelligent a person is just by the language that they use. If you see people using "tard" or "butthurt" 50 times a day, there's a pretty good chance that they're not a genius.

Btw... all of us fall victim to the Dunning Kruger effect at some level. But it's usually the people that are the dimmest that over estimate their own ability the most.

Who do you think would be more likely start a "Guaranteed Lock" type thread... a problem gambler or a professional sports handicapper?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I called it a term, not a word. And you didn't answer my question.

It's not just "tard", that just happens to be the one I see the most on SBR. Btw... I see people using Trumptard as well and I'm not excluding them. IMO... you can usually roughly tell how intelligent a person is just by the language that they use. If you see people using "tard" or "butthurt" 50 times a day, there's a pretty good chance that they're not a genius.

Btw... all of us fall victim to the Dunning Kruger effect at some level. But it's usually the people that are the dimmest that over estimate their own ability the most.

Who do you think would be more likely start a "Guaranteed Lock" type thread... a problem gambler or a professional sports handicapper?
    "-tard" is neither a word nor a phrase, and your attempts to discount your adversaries when their words hurt your feelings keep falling flat.
    term

/tərm/Learn to pronounce

noun
    [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

a word or phrase used to describe a thing or to express a concept, especially in a particular kind of language or branch of study.

dlowilly

This isn't semantic nitpicking when I bring up the word vs. root discrepancy

Just because you associate "-tard" with a specific word ("retard") does not mean that whoever use that root likes to go around saying "retard"

In fact, if I ever use that word other than referring to it, it's very seldom. There's a reason "-tard" has negative connotations, and that's because the meaning of that root has an overall negative meaning.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

some minds are fake be careful

JohnGalt2341

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24774

"The majority of people tend to over-estimate their abilities. This finding is most pronounced in those with the lowest ability."

I don't wish to turn this thread political but, I can think of 1 or 2 politicians that are suffereing from The Dunning-Krueger effect. One in particular could be the poster child for it.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    "The majority of people tend to over-estimate their abilities. This finding is most pronounced in those with the lowest ability."

I don't wish to turn this thread political but, I can think of 1 or 2 politicians that are suffereing from The Dunning-Krueger effect. One in particular could be the poster child for it.
    Could it be?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

smart is relative

who is to say the guy making minimum wage with a happy life is dumber than the CEO making millions but not happy?
    wow

i am always right
    like i said

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

SBR should take a few months and just use wonderlic test questions during the normal trivia days.

then after we get a good sample, have JJ read the results for the PT regulars
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

8+ year old thread & I decided to vote. I voted “no”.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

SBR is the opposite of Lake Wobegon. All of the posters are below average.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Yes!

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Yes

JohnGalt2341

At least 89 of you are wrong.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I have a job where smart people pay me a lot of money to be smarter than them at their own job. So probably yes.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I have a job where smart people pay me a lot of money to be smarter than them at their own job. So probably yes.
    Why so vague ? Tell us what you do for the smart people of the world ?

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

SBR's average IQ.

Is higher than MENSA's.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

I dont understand the question

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Can always measure a mans intellect by their linguistical skills and their mastery of the English language. By default also by capping skills, memory and most importantly posting wins ..

Not that care, now fuk off..

What if less than 25% of these posters even know how to turn a wrench or fix their own car? They don't know how to fix anything, but they can write and read and code software? So, they can't fix a part on their car, but they can get straight A's on that book test they took?

First 12345 Last