virtozo
    virtozo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Bet365 retired tennis player bets still pending

A Clement (FRA) d A Bogomolov Jr. (RUS) 62 36 46 76(2) 54 ret. (cramp)

Match Bets are still pending on Bet365 as all others including Betfair (set betting) and Gamebookers cancelled bets!!

In the event of a match starting but not being completed then all bets will be void...dont know what is taking them so long.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    A Clement (FRA) d A Bogomolov Jr. (RUS) 62 36 46 76(2) 54 ret. (cramp)

Match Bets are still pending on Bet365 as all others including Betfair (set betting) and Gamebookers cancelled bets!!

In the event of a match starting but not being completed then all bets will be void...dont know what is taking them so long.

not at every book, at Bettson for example the bet will be settled after one completed set

virtozo

books that cancel bets if match not completed like Bet365, Gamebookers, Paddypower, etc.
    Set Betting all bookies cancel if retired player.
    Last edited by virtozo; 05-28-12 at 03:03 PM.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why create a thread when you can just contact the book instead?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ridiculous for those who are sitting on clement leading 5-4 in the 5th set to have their bet graded as a push because this prick has a cramp

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cuts both ways..policy might save you next time.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

in case a tennis match can not completed every book will grade after 24hours just visit the FAQ

virtozo

bet365 said that player abandoned match, whatever it means, bets still pending...mine are losers...eagerly waiting for the void.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

There was a bit of confusion with this one, the umpire actually announced the score as it not being a retiral, as if he'd been given a point penalty on mp for time violation.

Roland Garros site says retiral though.

virtozo

Roland Garros and ATP sites both show official result as retired player, bet365 didn't notice that yet.

virtozo

8.23 pm:
    Ooh, here's what Alex Bogomolov jr. had to say after he retired on match point, second service! "The deuce point after I ran to the dropshot. My whole leg was straight. I couldn't bend it; I couldn't walk. I didn't want to risk a potential ligament damage or something. And you can't get a trainer for that. I don't understand where you're going with these questions, man? What do you want me to say? I got cramps and I retired."

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by virtozo View Post
    8.23 pm:
    Ooh, here's what Alex Bogomolov jr. had to say after he retired on match point, second service! "The deuce point after I ran to the dropshot. My whole leg was straight. I couldn't bend it; I couldn't walk. I didn't want to risk a potential ligament damage or something. And you can't get a trainer for that. I don't understand where you're going with these questions, man? What do you want me to say? I got cramps and I retired."
    At least his friends and family did not lose their money on him.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

what's funny about this is the guy did this before. he retired last year in some tourney somewhere matchpoint down against falla. supposedly because he sprained his ankle. funny because there were some enormously suspicous betting patterns leading up to that match (not this one afaik). great way for any player to "fix" a match: you back yourself silly with books that only pay out when a match is completed, then you go out and give it your best. if things go against you, you simply retire at mp. it doesn't take a genius.

virtozo

bet365 finally cancelled bets, pfffff got my money back.