If SCOTUS knocks it down, I can imagine the local casinos and racetracks by me quickly mounting a lobbying campaign to legalize sports betting. I can picture it now. One of the casinos by me would be knocking out a wall to add a sports book in a week.
Not wanting to be out done, the local race tracks will follow by adding odds boards to their OTBs and offering both racing and sports betting during the racing season at the track itself.
I know people say it's not as much of a money maker as you think in terms of actually making money from the bets, but it brings bodies to your facility who may also drop a few bucks at the tables/slots in the process. And where I live, (at least) the racetracks are dying for it and the smaller casinos by me would love to find a way to attract bodies away from one of the 2 local powerhouses.
Comment
jjgold
SBR Aristocracy
07-20-05
388201
#4
Originally posted by mrpapageorgio
If SCOTUS knocks it down, I can imagine the local casinos and racetracks by me quickly mounting a lobbying campaign to legalize sports betting. I can picture it now. One of the casinos by me would be knocking out a wall to add a sports book in a week.
Not wanting to be out done, the local race tracks will follow by adding odds boards to their OTBs and offering both racing and sports betting during the racing season at the track itself.
I know people say it's not as much of a money maker as you think in terms of actually making money from the bets, but it brings bodies to your facility who may also drop a few bucks at the tables/slots in the process. And where I live, (at least) the racetracks are dying for it and the smaller casinos by me would love to find a way to attract bodies away from one of the 2 local powerhouses.
If it gets knocked down it is all over son, NJ's last chance
Comment
Chi_archie
SBR Aristocracy
07-22-08
63185
#5
we might need to hire you as an eye on the ground to complement the eye in the sky focused on Stevey173452 at sugarhouse
Comment
stevek173
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
03-29-08
27638
#6
dilly dilly
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#7
want to throw my hat in the ring as well
give sweep the job that you have to do actual work, i'll take the jj figurehead position
Comment
jjgold
SBR Aristocracy
07-20-05
388201
#8
Poker online a death wish
Comment
mrpapageorgio
SBR MVP
09-07-17
2974
#9
Originally posted by reigle9
want to throw my hat in the ring as well
give sweep the job that you have to do actual work, i'll take the jj figurehead position
I'll take whatever job requires little to no work (preferably none), but pays handsomely.
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#10
Originally posted by mrpapageorgio
I'll take whatever job requires little to no work (preferably none), but pays handsomely.
seems like all the sharps are jersey represent
Comment
mrpapageorgio
SBR MVP
09-07-17
2974
#11
Originally posted by reigle9
seems like all the sharps are jersey represent
I'm actually Midwest, but I'll move to Jersey if the pay is good.
Comment
RudyRuetigger
SBR Aristocracy
08-24-10
65107
#12
Sweep = broke dyke fukk
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#13
Originally posted by mrpapageorgio
I'm actually Midwest, but I'll move to Jersey if the pay is good.
i'm central pa, but i've lived in big time jersey, so I claim jersey on sbr lol
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#14
Comment
bonzaii
SBR Hall of Famer
07-07-17
5002
#15
Jersey is so desperate for money that I hear that they might legalize bestiality and polygamy. No word yet how much each license will cost.
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#16
we already know you're a doofus, stick to doofus threads
you ain't ready for jersey shit \*\*\*\*\*\*
Comment
bonzaii
SBR Hall of Famer
07-07-17
5002
#17
Originally posted by reigle9
we already know you're a doofus, stick to doofus threads
you ain't ready for jersey shit \*\*\*\*\*\*
I'm from Jersey and grew up there. The state is in bad shape right now so it doesn't surprise me at all that there trying to find ways to generate revenue. People with money are leaving that state in droves and heading south. Why anyone would want to live in that garbage dump or get raped with taxes is beyond me.
BTW, I would kick your ass Reigle.
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#18
because most of the state is gorgeous
i don't fight
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#19
what's with your av if youre from jersey?
Comment
bonzaii
SBR Hall of Famer
07-07-17
5002
#20
I agree it's a beautiful small state with a lot of things to do. Its got all those beaches, forests in the northwest part, and not far from NYC either if that's your thing. It's not a cheap place to live though and government their is awful.
Comment
bonzaii
SBR Hall of Famer
07-07-17
5002
#21
Originally posted by reigle9
what's with your av if youre from jersey?
I just have this avi because it's hilarious to make fun of that bum Kap.
Comment
Louisvillekid1
SBR Aristocracy
10-17-07
52143
#22
New sbr Office in jersey
Sweeper
Kid
JJ
Front office
Comment
Louisvillekid1
SBR Aristocracy
10-17-07
52143
#23
Ill just write / do interviews with known sharps & oddsmakers
Comment
Louisvillekid1
SBR Aristocracy
10-17-07
52143
#24
Christie for president just cuz of this
Comment
reigle9
SBR Posting Legend
10-25-07
17879
#25
Originally posted by bonzaii
I just have this avi because it's hilarious to make fun of that bum Kap.