Its his best one. His others are mediocre at best.
The Biggest Game in Town and Risky Business by Al Alvarez are also good reads.
Comment
BetterBizness
SBR Hall of Famer
05-20-06
5737
#9
Originally posted by reedy
Its his best one. His others are mediocre at best.
I read all his sht and I think the short stories about gambling are the nuts. Hel I even read the one about his dog and I thought it was pretty good traveling through Europe... but you can be entitled to your opinion on players talk, in a sportsbook forum.
Comment
BetterBizness
SBR Hall of Famer
05-20-06
5737
#10
[–]pretender80 1 point 8 minutes ago Your sports betting book was written in 2006. Surely a lot has changed in the last 10 years? A lot of brain power that used to be headed to Wall St is now headed there instead. Do you still keep up with the scene? What are the most notable changes? [–]misterkonik[S] 1 point just now The biggest change, I think, is the almost complete migration of the the industry/business away from Las Vegas and toward foreign destinations. Vegas is almost irrelevant to serious sports bettors. Also, the information flow -- with up-to-the-second updates -- is far faster and efficient. The sports markets work more like the financial markets now, only cleaner and with less fraud.