Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

English Sports Betting

Does anyone remember this book? I remember when I was 18 years old <33 now> offshore wagering was just coming around from what I know I found this ESB and used them forever. They were really good to me too. They would have monthly contest for getting referals and I would go on AOL and try to get as many referals as possible to get the $50 referal bonus plus try for the referal contests. I ended up winning a laptop computer a fax machine and a fully paid trip to Montego Bay Jamaica from a few different contests. They even offered me a job out in Jamaica which I had to decline. I see they are like a VERY bad rated book here and I was kinda surprised since they really did good for me and did pay when I won. I never was a big player or anything though so I don't know. Just curious if anyone else has played with ESB, english sports betting before?

Bigshooter
    Bigshooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Was my first offshore out. I stopped playing when they started to go downhill, around the summer of 2001.

I found their ad in the DRF & signed up, I remember having to pay a fee to play with them. I think $96.

I do have to say, everytime I requested a payout Monday morning, the FEDEX guy was at my door Tuesday afternoon.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Yeah they stiffed a friend of mine around 2002. Some idiot on a forum kept boasting about what a great book ESB was, so my friend made a small deposit there, ran it up pretty high on some of the ridiculous lines they offered (they would regularly offer stuff like a hockey team +1 -120 when the market line was +.5 -105), and never got paid. When he told me he was having a problem with ESB I said "Why did you deposit there, they haven't paid anybody in over a year."

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

My first book as well...Became pretty good friends with Dennis

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

one of my first

never got stiffed..one of books that started it all

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

One of the earliest scams. If you bugged them enough they would send a small player his money. We must have called them 1000 times in 2 years.

Ez Money 77

Yeah it was pretty crazy being flown out there and totally paid for everything. I was only like 18 or 19 and my 16 year old brother came with me. They took us to some clubs down there and paid our ridiculous alcohol tab for our room. Looking back on it now I can't believe I even went. I honestly went with no more than a couple hundred bucks. My brother even found someone selling some weed on the beach cheap and brought it back to the states. Crazy memories.

Laz
    disconnected
    Laz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Yeah I think they were my first as well.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Back in the early 1990's they would advertise in publications like College Football News, and they would actuallIy advertise with a parlay card------I am certain that hooked a lot of people. Their phone number was something like a toll free number then tel a bet....or something like that.

When it came time to pick an off-shore, I went with Bowman's. And loved that place for years.

Ez Money 77

I used Bowmans before as well. As for esb man I was pushing everyone so hard to join there I got so many referals mainly from aol chat rooms and IMing people who had sports, gambling, or something like that in their profile names.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

my first book, they never stiffed me, used em from 95-99

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

I miss the old days. Back when you could bonus whore to your hearts content with neteller and the multitude of poker and sports sites.

cyberinvestor
    cyberinvestor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Wow it was nice to take a trip down memory lane. ESB was my first book as well. I found out about them in some fantasy football magazine around 1995. I filled out the signup form (by hand because they didn't have a website or online gaming system) and mailed in my ***********. Two weeks later I was up and running. It was a call in book only for the longest time. I can't remember if they made the leap to an online betting platform. The service was great and I got my payouts but then all of a sudden they went to garbage. I remember they used to offer parlay cards via fax and all sorts of stuff that nowadays seems like the stone ages of gambling. Good memories but glad they died and didn't suck anyone else in. I am sure the owners and management walked away very wealthy people. ESB was one of the first offshore outlets and had probably 70-80% of the market for the first few years because of it.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

They paid interest on your balance. I was gone before the stiffing began.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Peaches and James...

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

ESB was my 2nd book. I used to bet Marion Cards there.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

that was the name of the very first place I made wagers. In fact, it was so long ago I am almost positive it was done via phone. they were dishonest, not even sure if they still exist. This may have been in the 90's, I think it was.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

if I remember correctly and I think I do, they even charged you to deposit and it was not a few dollars.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That place was phone only most of its time in business as was Bowmans

online it was wsex, intertops, bowmans oasis and a few others

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That place was phone only most of its time in business as was Bowmans

online it was wsex, intertops, bowmans oasis and a few others

r u saying that ESB became intertops, and others. That is hard to believe because they were blatantly dishonest. Maybe, they were sold or different management but I would not trust them with $10. They robbed from me because they were the only available outlet, with the exception of a local and I thought like an idiot that this was regulated by the Brits. So I had some confidence.

however, if you have the info that they became the above I will have to grant you the beneft.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    if I remember correctly and I think I do, they even charged you to deposit and it was not a few dollars.
    and ESB charged you $97 to sign up, but you got some newspaper they ran Las Vegas something or another.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

I forget about them. They still owe me like 10k from 16 years or so ago. I just submitted a SBR complaint form.