View Poll Results: What's your #1 reason for not supporting Ron Paul?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • HE BELIEVES IN FREEDOM! ...and I hate freedom.

4 7.55%
  • HE BELIEVES IN LIBERTY! ...and I hate liberty.

1 1.89%
  • HE BELIEVES IN THE CONSTITUTION! ...and I think the constitution sucks.

2 3.77%
  • HE BELIEVES IN LIMITED GOVERNMENT! ...and I want more government.

6 11.32%
  • There is no logical reason not to support Ron Paul!

40 75.47%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

POLL: What's your #1 reason for not supporting Ron Paul?

What's your #1 reason for not supporting Ron Paul?

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Republican

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

no way he can win

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hardcore pro-lifer

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4985

Internet fad. No chance.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33428

You forgot to add the choice: "Libertarianism is moronic on multiple levels."

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    no way he can win
    If you had to Vote on what would be your dinner for the next 4 years and your choices were between the 8 pieces of crap shown below:

These 8 pieces of crap have names by the way. They are... starting from the top going clockwise: Jon Huntsman, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Thaddeus McCotter, Tim Pawlenty, and Obama is the one in the middle. Similar pieces of crap have been served to the general public for many years. The general public eats them willingly because it's all they know and they don't know any better. Many of these pieces of crap are even very popular. OR... you could eat this for dinner for the next 4 years:

This dish is called Ron Paul. Most people are probably not familiar with it because they've been eating crap for so long. Many are probably even terrified by it because it looks so different than what they are used to eating. For me... I don't care if I'm the only person on the planet Voting for this dish. Even if I think it's going to lose I'm still going to Vote for it because I KNOW it's better than eating a piece of crap. None of the other pieces of crap are exactly the same... but they're still crap. If the Founding Father's were still alive today I'd bet everything I own that they would take the Ron Paul dish over any of the 8 pieces of crap. What do you think?
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave JohnGalt2341 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Snowball gave JohnGalt2341 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Snowball, and scratbandit

DrStale

Every politician believes in freedom, so long as youre doing things they agree with. For example Ron Paul says youre free to do anything, except for what women can do with their bodies.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    You forgot to add the choice: "Libertarianism is moronic on multiple levels."
    How so?

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    no way he can win
    This for me as well.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no logical reason not to support Ron Paul!

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Every politician believes in freedom, so long as youre doing things they agree with. For example Ron Paul says youre free to do anything, except for what women can do with their bodies.
    One of the only things I disagree with Ron Paul about is his views on abortion. In fact... I think there should be more abortions. I don't want crackheads having babys. It almost never turns out well.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

the guy is beyond lost.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Internet fad. No chance.
    Refer to post #7.

DrStale

Anyway I voted for the constitution one. Dont get me wrong, im a fan, but ive never understood why people back it like every single word is pure genius written by gods. Guess what, the constitution is flawed. It was flawed when they wrote it and it is even more flawed now as it was not meant to deal with the current state of our society. Newsflash: the world is a slightly different place than it was 240 years ago. Blindly adhering to every single thing the constitution says is ridiculous, and even if it werent the document is so open to interpretation in some aspects that it can be impossible to know what the founding fathers wanted in given situations..

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    the guy is beyond lost.
    How so?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Who?

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Lot's of people in this country love war, more laws and being the worlds police.

Would not surprise me to see one of the other neocons win and the US continuing it's death spiral.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Anyway I voted for the constitution one. Dont get me wrong, im a fan, but ive never understood why people back it like every single word is pure genius written by gods. Guess what, the constitution is flawed. It was flawed when they wrote it and it is even more flawed now as it was not meant to deal with the current state of our society. Newsflash: the world is a slightly different place than it was 240 years ago. Blindly adhering to every single thing the constitution says is ridiculous, and even if it werent the document is so open to interpretation in some aspects that it can be impossible to know what the founding fathers wanted in given situations..
    Fair enough. I agree with you that the Constitution is not perfect. But in my mind... it's pretty damn good. Give me some examples where you think the Constitution is flawed.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

What's his stand on our rights to carry guns?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Another Obama type candidate, promising the world, knowing damn well the house and senate will cokk-block him.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    What's his stand on our rights to carry guns?
    Paul earned a 100 percent score on the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey after being the first respondent. He maintains an “A+” rating from the uncompromising Gun Owners of America and an “A” rating from the NRA (The American Independent News Network, 2011).

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Paul earned a 100 percent score on the National Association for Gun Rights Presidential Survey after being the first respondent. He maintains an “A+” rating from the uncompromising Gun Owners of America and an “A” rating from the NRA (The American Independent News Network, 2011).
    Awesome!

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Another Obama type candidate, promising the world, knowing damn well the house and senate will cokk-block him.
    Are you comparing Obama to Ron Paul? Obama told people what he thought THEY WANTED TO HEAR... Ron Paul is speaking the truth regardless of who likes it or not.

DrStale

Had a couple drinks and am on my way out shortly, but off the top of my head: electoral college, congressional term limits, supreme court justices given life terms. Granted not everyone is going to agree with these specifically , though many will, and I think most people would find things they disagree with if they actually read the document, which ironically is especially rare by the most patriotic of citizens.

I think Paul has some good ideas and I think he would likely do some good, but my disagreement with the positions ive mentioned make it unlikely that I would cast my vote for him.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Are you comparing Obama to Ron Paul? Obama told people what he thought THEY WANTED TO HEAR... Ron Paul is speaking the truth regardless of who likes it or not.
    Oh yeah. stupid me. How much of a dumbfukk must I be not to believe a politician that's running for president.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Awesome!
    Being a strict consitutionalist he is certainly going to favor the right to bear arms. I find it funny how many people simply believe that the constitution says "you can have all the guns you want" when what it really says is "a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Granted this is open to interpretation, but I doubt many of those with guns are really doing it as part of their militia.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

thumbs up
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-13-11 at 06:49 AM.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Oh yeah. stupid me. How much of a dumbfukk must I be not to believe a politician that's running for president.
    I understand what you are saying but the truth is... much of what Ron Paul says and believes is not very popular among Republicans. I'm one of the most skeptical people you'd probably ever meet. There are very few people that I trust. I think what Ron Paul says... he believes. And what he believes in is Freedom and Liberty and limited Government. And that's exactly what this country needs.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

jjjjjj
    Last edited by topgame85; 08-13-11 at 06:48 AM.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

I watched the debate and he came off to me - a staunch supporter of limited government, and a (R) - like he was a raving lunatic.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    I watched the debate and he came off to me - a staunch supporter of limited government, and a (R) - like he was a raving lunatic.
    Give me an example of something that he said that made you think he was a "raving lunatic".

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

JohnGalt2341

That's all you got crustyme? If you stopped spending money that don't you have you could probably save up enough to become an SBR Pro.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    yea you voted for obama , we know, you are enlightened

anyone who voted for bama does not deserve the kiss the feet of ron paul

1234 ... Last