ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Kobayashi eats 69 hot dogs to chestnuts 62

Takeru Kobayashi has regained the title of the world's greatest hot dog eater -- but this time it comes with an asterisk.
    Joey Chestnut once again won the Mustard Belt at the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest in Brooklyn, N.Y., but eating in exile on a rooftop in Manhattan, Kobayashi managed to put away a world record of 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes to Chesnut's 62.
    After Kobayashi's camp and the organizers of the July 4 hot dog eating contest failed to reconcile their differences following a contract dispute and the eater's arrest at last year's contest, the six-time Nathan's champ took to the bar 230 FIFTH for an unsanctioned eating expo overseen by New York State Athletic Association judges Brian Adams and Tyrone Jackson.
    And he made history, beating Chestnut's 2009 record by a single HDB (hot dog and bun) and Chestnut's 2011 showing by seven HDBs.
    SEE THE ACTION IN CONEY ISLAND:

Joey Chestnut Wins Again
    1 of 7

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut cemented his competitive eating legacy by winning his fifth straight Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest in Brooklyn, N.Y. on July 4, 2011. The San Jose, Calif. native ate 62 HDBs (hot dogs and buns) -- six short of his 2009 record.

In Coney Island, Chestnut relished in his 62-dog performance, unaware that Kobayashi had regained the world record in the unofficial event. He stated afterward that he was "feeling good."
    The San Jose, Calif., native, fittingly known as "Jaws," started fast and hardly slowed at the Brooklyn event. Pat "Deep Dish" Bertoletti nearly kept pace, finishing with an impressive 55 HDBs. Third place finisher Tim "Eater X" Janus consumed 45 HDBs.
    When informed of Kobayashi's historic performance, Major League Eating president and hot dog contest master of ceremonies George Shea called it a "farce."
    "The champion of the world is crowned in Coney Island. Always has been, always will be," said Shea. "[Kobayashi] put a tin crown on his head and called himself king."
    While the win in Coney Island further cements Chestnut's competitive eating legacy as one of dominance, Kobayashi's new world record makes it clear that the man known as "The Tsunami" isn't past his prime.
    Kobayashi emerged on the competitive eating circuit a decade ago, winning six straight Nathan's Famous contests and earning a reputation as unbeatable. That is, until Chestnut took the Mustard Belt in 2007, winning in consecutive years with 66, 59, 68, 54, and now, 62 HDBs.
    On the stage in Coney Island, Chestnut appeared dominant, with Bertoletti presenting his only real challenger. Tai Loi Mak, Lu Ming Kui and Yat Ming Lam -- the first challengers from China who have ever taken part in the hot dog event -- struggled against top tier gluttons. Tim "Gravy" Brown was disqualified after a "reversal of fortune."
    Sixteen miles away, Kobayashi stood aside a 12-foot screen, which aired the ESPN coverage. The Japanse champ entered just before Chestnut was announced. He quickly jumped to a lead, and was finishing his 30th dog before Chestnut had downed his 24th.
    "I am so happy I got this chance," Kobayshi told a packed house at the rooftop garden bar at 230 Fifth, slamming both fists on the table triumphantly, and thanking club owner Steven Greenberg for making the event happen.
    "I watched the Coney Island event last year, and immediately after the police incident I contacted Koby's attorney," Greenberg said. "We thought the public deserved to see him compete."
    Kobayashi told AOL Weird News that Major League Eating representatives contacted him before the event, but they refused to drop their demand that he sign a restrictive contract for the right to compete at Coney Island.
    "I want to remain free to compete in the events that I want to compete in," Kobayashi said. "Today was a great success."
    In the first-ever women-only contest, Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas took home the $10,000 prize with 40 HDBs -- one fewer than her personal record of 41 HDBs.
    After the competition, Thomas hopped onto competitive eater Eric "Badlands" Booker's shoulders and marched into the crowd, carrying flowers and her pink-colored Mustard Belt over her head.
    Second place finisher Juliet Lee consumed 29.5 HDBs and said she struggled to concentrate while dining on competitive eating's biggest stage.
    "I didn't focus -- too many things on my mind," said Lee, who noted that she was thinking of her daughter in China throughout the contest.
    Rookie Stephanie Torres surprised the crowd with 28.5 HDBs, an impressive debut that earned her a third place finish.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

How many hotdogs did you eat?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Unreal guy doesnt even get credit for it... Is his fault though, he opted out.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Was just about to ask him the same thing .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They could cheat via satellite

I do not trust Asians

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i heard the prick downed 70 weiners in 10 minutes. but only 40 were hot dogs.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

ttwarrior1

i dont eat hot dogs. But in ten min, i could probaly eat 3 or 4

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Can you imagine the size of the bowel movements after?

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Still waiting for some sort of explanation of how it's possible to eat this much food in ten minutes. Maybe tapeworms are used in the pregame stage.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Yank Yank, its hot dogs

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

I saw something ages ago on professional eaters and one guy said that as part of his training, the day before a big tournament (I believe his speciality was chilli peppers) he would swallow loads of grapes so that they stretch and distend his stomach, making it larger for the tournament.

That was the stomach gets stretched, but by the time of the tournament starts all of the grapes would have been digested and broken down into liquid leaving space for the food...

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They could cheat via satellite I do not trust Asians
    Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    i heard the prick downed 70 weiners in 10 minutes. but only 40 were hot dogs.
    funniest thread of the day

rem sleep
    rem sleep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18837

Kobi basically invented this event and no way he cheated because he did it in front of a large crowd and cameras.

Everyone knows that if he went head to head with Chestnut he would embarrass him and as stupid as it is to eat as much as possible in a certain amount of time it means too much for all the esin this country that a American win. Even tho Kobi is better not just at eating hot dogs but he gets paid more yearly.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

What's next an SBR hot dog eating contest?

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Quote Originally Posted by rem sleep View Post
    Kobi basically invented this event and no way he cheated because he did it in front of a large crowd and cameras.

Everyone knows that if he went head to head with Chestnut he would embarrass him and as stupid as it is to eat as much as possible in a certain amount of time it means too much for all the esin this country that a American win. Even tho Kobi is better not just at eating hot dogs but he gets paid more yearly.
    Kobi is a "machine" when it comes to this event. I thought I recall seeing an actual betting line a couple years back for this event where Kobi was the favourite. Perhaps from 5dimes I think..

ttwarrior1

I guess thats why chestnuts owned him recently, plus kobayashi live there probaly woudnt of done as good, and chestnut would of stepped it up if he knew he was in it, duh wilber

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

going in the route of boxing promotions..look for a ppv event next year after all the hype..

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Other than the belt, are these guys competing for any prize money?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

kobayashi is better than chestnut and today proved it, too bad they want his exclusive rights so we dont get a head to head

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

It's always the skinny guys that win this crap.

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

i was amazed at how many the women were able to eat......all those girls were like 110 pounds

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Yea it seems like they don't want Kobayashi to compete anymore, now that their man Chestnut won the belt.

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

These guys arent athletes they just know how to eat ALOT and over the years have developed different ways to prepare (train) for these eating competitions, o think its gross in a way but quite entertaining id say, dont think ill try to see how many dogs i can scarf in 10 min, ill pass on the fat

Davydave
    Davydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2008

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Can you imagine the size of the bowel movements after?
    That's the other record he holds.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

how do they do it? it's disgusting but amazing

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Calories yum yum

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

What an amazing event that is!!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    kobayashi is better than chestnut and today proved it, too bad they want his exclusive rights so we dont get a head to head

Back in the day. Chestnuts passed him by and beat buch of years in stow. Kobayashi is just scared to lose now.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Who gives a crap.It was just a publicity stunt to give there bar some tv exposure.I played BBall at the gym the same night as the NBA Championship and scored 44 pts more then Nowitski should that count that i made more pts of course not.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I almost yacked this morning when I saw the highlights to this

In 10 minutes, I could probably eat 3-4 max.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Who gives a crap.It was just a publicity stunt to give there bar some tv exposure.I played BBall at the gym the same night as the NBA Championship and scored 44 pts more then Nowitski should that count that i made more pts of course not.
    True but Dirk was playing vs professionals, and you were probably dominating @ the YMCA.

Kobayashi and Chestnut were both facing the same opponent.....the HOTDOG.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Kobe is the peoples champ.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    Dont ya think that if Chestnut's coach was telling him the 2nd place guy was eating more, he would have eaten more? When receivers are running for the end zone, they kind of slow down when they are all along. He's eaten more than he did this past weekend.

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone is going to die from this contest and it will be all over.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Here is Catonsville they have a hot dog eating contest on 4th.

Guy who won ate about 17 hot dogs.

12 Last