Originally posted on 04/18/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
Thanks for the reply. With all that goes on with the gofundme pages I think it's fair to ask questions.

How many dogs are on this search?

Shouldn't the county or the state be picking up the tab on the search no matter what resources are needed?

Most importantly, is there any new developments that you can tell us?
Red Rock and METRO have dogs on the case. My sister got a quote from a private company, but they will not start while the police investigation is active.

As as far as updates, I will share this:

We have another scenario emerging due to another possible sighting, which is a mix of likely and unlikely elements, but the more we turn it over, the more considerable it becomes, including suggesting new locations we are now thinking we could put out drone operators to search.

Along with his photo posts from this year, we also need any info we can get from anyone who has hiked with him recently re clothing he has nowadays: pants, shirts, jackets, hats (both his green baseball cap and off-white brimmed hat were in the car. Has he acquired another one/type lately?) and anything else he might have worn. The sighting included a camera with a telephoto lens. I know he preferred simplest, light and easy-to-manage camera setup, but maybe he has a new thing, OR witness saw camera around neck and mistook something else for the lens. Etc., etc. (I haven’t been out with him since last summer.)

I also want to be able to see the binder of photos, as gathered together, since I am also organizing search efforts and am working with locals who well know David, his project and the Mtn terrain. Our input is essential to avoiding misinterpretation by people who are less familiar with these things.

Theories.... older guy walking down the mountain alone on a Saturday night with a camera around his neck. Probably exhausted and slightly confused, possibly dehydrated. Where did he go from there?
1. Stopped to rest, possibly back from the road. One of the little caves or a wash?
2. (Bad case) Possibly noticed by the wrong people (known dumping area for MS13 gang). Might have noticed his camera and decided they wanted it.
3. "Someone" picked him up?
4. Possible head trauma leading to amnesia if he fell at any point. Have hospitals been checked?
5. If it was him walking down Kyle Canyon Rd, how far did he get? Maybe check for street facing cameras at homes on lower Kyle.”

BTW, David’s sister just confirmed that Metro are checking hospitals for amnesia/unknown patients.

At this point, with no trace of David after searching most likely areas, considering most likely scenarios, we are now in thinking mode for considering all out-of-the-box possibilities, to widen our approach.