Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=20739356'>posted</a> on 01/02/2014:

One thing that worries me is the Defensive Effective Field Goal % that Brown has ranking 19th nationally. They have a true shot blocker on the inside Cedric Kuakumensah who alters just about everything inside. He tends to foul but much more on the road. It appears that Brown is quite effective at limiting good looks on 3 balls as well.

Providence shot 41% against them from inside the arc, Northwestern 45% and it appeara that no one has shot a combined 50% on them this year anywhere. Pretty aggressive defence against a poor shooting team. I can see why Pom has Brown by 5 by the numbers. No difference in schedule strength as mentioned so these numbers should be usable. Rhody seems to be good against the 3 but Brown does not show that bias.

Greenfield does not give Brown much of a home court advantage here so that works in everyone's favour.

I may have to go contrarian to the crowd here but thanks a ton for the great write-up. I took a long look at a game that I had little interest in originally. Love these types of write-ups for that purpose.

Excellent contribution!!