HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Let’s talk futures

Just placed my first futures bet of the season:

Seton Hall +1850 to win the NCAAT (I think it’s higher other places)

For those of you who follow my totals thread, you know that is all data-heavy analysis. These bets are not that way for me. This is more of an eyeball approach. SH is as good as anyone I have seen, and I think they have the best player for the tournament.

I also like to do conference tournament futures and will use this thread to post those.

What else do folks have?

bigbluemist
    bigbluemist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1271

I’ve been impressed the few times I’ve watched Dayton this year.

You could play this tourney 12 times and have 12 different winners

Seton Hall is a nice pick

HeeluvaGuy

Dayton is an interesting team. I haven’t watched much of them this year, but it looks like Grant is coaching a faster pace than in years past. I just wonder if their SoS catches up to them.

Here are a couple of articles that show past tournament performance based on preseason poll rankings. I’ve always found it interesting how accurate the preseason polls can be.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/12/...ite-8-2019-20/
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-teams-do-ncaa

HeeluvaGuy

silver39
    silver39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1354

As of now I have Baylor at 9-1, Auburn at 20-1 and my big one being a WVU alum I took them back in December at 125-1. They’re down to 15-1 at some books

However I think Baylor is the best team in the country and will prolly make a few more future bets on them

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Betting favorite futures this year is dumb money

HeeluvaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JMUplayer View Post
    Betting favorite futures this year is dumb money
    They could present some hedge opportunities though.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7235

I really like FSU at +3000 or so. They are deep and so athletic. I just wish they had a better coach. Hamilton is pretty clueless in end of game situations.

HeeluvaGuy

Just bought these with an eye toward hedging them when the tourney starts:

Arizona 35-1
    Texas Tech 55-1

Might add a couple more of these. Not looking to strike it rich, but hoping to pick up a couple of units if things go right.

HeeluvaGuy

Just bought:

Robert Morris to win NEC tournament +185

They got the 1 seed in this tournament because Merrimack is ineligible for the post season this year. That means home court throughout. Robert Morris is 7-1 at home against the teams in the field. As the 1-seed in this tournament, the Colonials are 20-3 with 6 titles (9 tries). The 1-seed has reached the finals in 6 straight seasons and 10 of the last 11. On the court, Robert Morris plays a more deliberate pace than nearly everyone in the field. They are the best defensive team left, and are efficient enough on offense. On 5Dimes, this play is in College Props at rotation #27003.

HeeluvaGuy

Also added:

Northern Iowa -105 to win the MVC

Not much to say about this one. They’re an excellent team. This is their tournament to lose.

HeeluvaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Just bought:

They got the 1 seed in this tournament because Merrimack is ineligible for the post season this year. That means home court throughout. Robert Morris is 7-1 at home against the teams in the field. As the 1-seed in this tournament, the Colonials are 20-3 with 6 titles (9 tries). The 1-seed has reached the finals in 6 straight seasons and 10 of the last 11. On the court, Robert Morris plays a more deliberate pace than nearly everyone in the field. They are the best defensive team left, and are efficient enough on offense. On 5Dimes, this play is in College Props at rotation #27003.

After a near upset in the first round, Bob Morris pretty much cruised to the championship and a trip to the dance.

Wolverine88
    Wolverine88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8564

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Just bought:

Great call on RM!!

HeeluvaGuy

Eastern Washington to win the Big Sky +255
    EWU has finished as the runner up the last two seasons. Looking for them to get over the hump this weekend. They've only lost 3 games since January 1 and swept Northern Colorado (the 2-seed that is actually favored to win at +170). Think we're getting decent value here. This is #26353 in college props on 5dimes.