hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

SUMMARY thru end of the NHL REGULAR SEASON

SUMMARY thru end of the NHL REGULAR SEASON

Overall Thread: +77.66 units (W/L = 139-138-8 overall = .501 pct)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Breakdown by Category (all are included in Overall Record):

OVER/UNDERS:-14.01 units

TEAM TOTALS: -4.70 units

MONEYLINES: +33.30 units

REGULATION WIN: +30.93 units

PUCKLINES: +13.51 units

PARLAYS: +3.82 units
    (all 2-teamers)

FIRST PERIOD ONLY ML: +6.91 units

OVERTIME PROP: +2.65 units

PLAYER PROP: +5.00 units

**note: there is a 0.25 unit discrepancy somewhere from the first 25% of season, which I reported back then.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Performance by UNITS RISKED -
    summary from Jan.30 thru End of Regular Season:

1 UNIT PLAYS = -11.35 units
    2 UNIT PLAYS = +21.04 units
    3 UNIT PLAYS
    = +17.89 units
    4 UNIT PLAYS = +1.96 units
    5 UNIT PLAYS = +33.55 units

TOTAL from Jan.30 thru End of Reg.Season
    = +63.09 units
    + PREVIOUS TOTAL up thru Jan.29 = +14.57 units

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    posted 03-27-18 --

well in the Western Conference, so far 3 teams have officially now clinched playoff spots = Nashville, Winnipeg, Vegas

there are 8 total spots per Conference, so the remaining 5 available spots are being contested by 6 teams in the West...all need wins. Its gonna come down to the last weekend. I'm looking at either St. Louis or Colorado as being the team that misses out.

Eastern Conf, just 2 teams have already officially clinched spots (Tampa and Boston), but Toronto is definitely good for third place in their division, so they're in. I like Philly to make it in, they need to win tonight to help firm that up. Pittsburgh will get it done. Its also tight in the East, looks like its between Florida and New Jersey to miss...and that's a tough call. Interesting is Florida is the team with the most remaining games to be played including a game against Boston on the final Sunday April 8....that game is the only game to be played that day, which is a makeup game from earlier in the season which was postponed due to bad weather. In that game, Florida will likely need the win to get in, while Boston might be actually fighting for first place seeding if they get within a point of Tampa by that time (Tampa holds the tiebreaker over Boston if I'm not mistaken, in case those two finish with the same point total in the standings).
    that's the way it worked out - Colorado beat St. Louis on the last Saturday April 7 in Denver to get into the playoffs.....and their reward for being the 2nd Wildcard in the West is to face Nashville in the First Round.....and I don't give them any chance to win a series against Nashville....saw -500 odds on Nashville to win the series.

Florida missed out, as New Jersey played great down the stretch and Florida kinda ran out of gas, winning some games but they were already eliminated before the final game of the season on Sunday April 8 in Boston, which Florida won 4-2 score as a very big underdog, and that kept Boston in the #2 seed spot in the East....so Boston faces Toronto in the First Round.

Playoff - First Round Matchups

WEST

Central Division -

Colorado (8 = WC2) at Nashville (1)

Minnesota (3) at Winnipeg (2)

Pacific Division -

LA Kings (7 = WC1) at Vegas (1)

San Jose (3) at Anaheim (2)

////////////////////////

EAST – (both Wildcards from Metropolitan Division)

Atlantic Division

New Jersey (8 = WC2) at Tampa Bay (1)

Toronto (3) at Boston (2)

Metropolitan Division -

Columbus (7 = WC1) at Washington (1)

Philadelphia (3) at Pittsburgh (2)

hotcross

Wednesday April 11
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 1

UNDER 6 -106 PHI@PITT // 2.12 units to win 2

VEGAS -130 ML // 1.30 units to win 1

I'm anticipating playing a relatively light volume of picks thru the playoffs. Have these two for tonight to get a feel where my perception is at.

Under 6 in Pittsburgh is a very good pick in my mind. This intrastate rivalry series against Philadelphia could get ugly and physical, but doubt it happens tonight. Philly should desire a very clean game to keep Pittsburgh off their lethal Power Play.

Vegas first ever playoff game, and they have it on home ice. I think many people are expecting LA Kings to win this series, and that it could be a tightly contested 6 or 7 game series. I will admit there are questions Vegas will be answering via their playoff performance, yet much of their mystery factor from early in the season is already known by opponents. I'm on them for a unit, taking the standard moneyline including potential overtime for Game 1.

hotcross

SERIES WIN ROUND 1
    VEGAS -125 // 2.50 units to win 2

Said for the past couple months I think this team advances past Round 1. Just grabbed this was the lowest price I've seen for this series against the LA Kings.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

SERIES WIN ROUND 1

Said for the past couple months I think this team advances past Round 1. Just grabbed this was the lowest price I've seen for this series against the LA Kings.

Riding with ya my friend! What do you think about Columbus +125 to win series? also New Jersey +265 seems like a nice one for me at least.

hotcross

yeah I like both of those, Columbus especially but I'm still looking into it and trying to decide. I normally don't bet series, reason being seems like more profitable to bet individual games on the team throughout the series.

Seems the hockey "community" of knowledgeable people (not necessarily SBR) are discounting Vegas and Washington.

I'm actually wanting to grab Pittsburgh at approx -200 on the series, but here again, why not just play individual games instead.

oChRoNiCo

yeah I like both of those, Columbus especially but I'm still looking into it and trying to decide. I normally don't bet series, reason being seems like more profitable to bet individual games on the team throughout the series.

Seems the hockey "community" of knowledgeable people (not necessarily SBR) are discounting Vegas and Washington.

I'm actually wanting to grab Pittsburgh at approx -200 on the series, but here again, why not just play individual games instead.
    hotcross I have never been a series bettor myself, but my brother really does a lot of them and he kind of turned me on to them. His break down for why he likes them was basically this... One game anything can happen, but a series if you have it capped correctly you should be on the right side much more frequently and capitalize on your win with less exposure.

Now not saying I totally agree with all of that, but some of it is valid and makes sense to me so I'm going to give it a try I like it because it takes out some emotion from me and I'm less likely to chase a loss betting this way. To each their own and whatever works for me may not work for you lets all try are hardest to make some $$$ I'm going to take Columbus +110 to win the series and I'm going to leave TB/NJ alone I think there is value in NJ, I'm just going to limit my exposure since I'm newer to this series betting myself.
    Points Awarded:

johnnygooble gave oChRoNiCo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hotcross

Thursday April 12
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 1

COLUMBUS +131 ML // 1 unit to win 1.31

This will be a "chase" pick, meaning if Columbus loses tonight, I will double the units on them for game 2 at Washington. These teams are gonna split the first two games of the series. Goalie matchup is Bobrovsky at Grubauer.

I'm debating whether any of the other matchups tonight merit taking the underdog in game 1 tonight (which is the road team in all of the 5 games), or just waiting for game 2 to roll-around before firing away.

hotcross

Thursday April 12
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 1

UNDER 1.5 +100 first period TOR@BOS // 1 unit to win 1

Hunch pick on this one

hotcross

Thursday April 12
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 1

TAMPA BAY -232 regulation only moneyline // 2.32 units to win 1
    *push if game goes to Overtime

Let's not forget Tampa missed the playoffs last year, mostly due to Stamkos being injured throughout the regular season, then they tried to make a late-run, but came up short. This year's team has even more firepower than before I believe. They made some trades, particularly with the NY Rangers, before the trade deadline this year. They do play suspect at times, but I'm looking for their motivation to be high. They are the #1 seed from the East, hosting the #8 seed / Wildcard #2 team.

Meantime for New Jersey, its their first year making the playoffs since the 2011-12 season, which saw them lose to the LA Kings in 6 games. This will be good experience for the team, but not their year to advance.

hotcross

Thursday April 12
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 1

OVER 5.5 +132 SJ@ANA // 2 units to win 2.64
    *selling 0.5 goals

These teams know each other well and during the regular season, played tight 1-goal games in 3 out of 4 games which those 3 all went to Overtime. Sharks won 3 out of the 4 meetings, including the one game that did not go to Overtime, they won it 6-2. People are probably expecting a low-scoring game tonight, but I don't think the Sharks have been playing all that well defensively / or maybe the way to say it their offense is how they've taken control of games, and might be thinking about trying to get into a run-and-gun type of game with the Ducks.

hotcross

Playoffs Game 1 results

tally-up results, starting with the Playoffs here -

April 11&12 results:

-2.12 UNDER 6 -106 PHI@PITT ---> score 7-0 PITT home win
    +1.00 VEGAS -130 ML ---->
    score 1-0 home win vs LAK

------------------
    +1.31 COLUMBUS +131 ML ---->
    score 4-3 road Overtime win at WSH
    -1.00 UNDER 1.5 +100 first period TOR@BOS ----> score 1-1 end first period (
    final 5-1 BOS home win VS TOR)

+1.00 TAMPA BAY -232 regulation ML ----> score 5-2 home win vs NJ

-2.00 OVER 5.5 +132 SJ@ANA *sell 0.5 goals ----> score 3-0 ANA home loss vs SJ
    ------------------
    April 11&12 = -1.81 units (W/L = 3-3)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PENDING ::
    SERIES WIN ROUND 1

hotcross

Saturday April 14
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 2

UNDER 1.5 -104 first period TOR@BOS // 2.08 unit to win 2

Follow-thru / chase same pick which lost in game 1

hotcross

^^^loss and not even close. 4-0 Boston end first period. Frederik Anderson let in 3 goals on 5 shots! Then pulled him and Curtis McElhinney gave up 1 goal on 3 shots. Shot count in the first period was Boston 8 vs 6 Toronto.

Nazem Kadri was suspended for 3 games (including tonight), for a Boarding hit against Tommy Wingels in game 1 in Boston. He has some prior history being disciplined for bad hits, so they weren't gonna let him get off just because its the playoffs. Losing Kadri hurts Toronto big time as he is their main Centerman. I shoulda just picked Boston in this game....ugh.

hotcross

April 14 result:

-2.08 UNDER 1.50 -104 first period TOR@BOS ---> score 4-0 BOS lead end 1P (final 7-3 BOS home win)
    ------------------

PLAYOFFS TOTAL = -3.89 units (W/L = 3-4)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have the Vegas series pending. Current odds offered +485 LA Kings / -515 Vegas. Not going to hedge. Game 3 tonight in about an hour in Los Angeles. Beginning to think Vegas might sweep them. Everybody was thinking this would be a 7 game series. The scores were close so far in Vegas....kinda beat the Kings at their own style game. Drew Doughty was suspended for game 2 but will be back tonight. That was a significant suspension, and for the most part, knowledgeable people thought it should not be a suspension for the hit, but close call.....to me this has been a theme I've seen thru the season with Vegas getting a lot of breaks if their favor.

hotcross

Monday April 16
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 3

ANAHEIM +130 ML // 3 units to win 3.90

ANAHEIM +444 SERIES WIN // 1 unit to win 4.44

Road team is Anaheim tonight. They lost the first two games of this series at home to the Sharks. I feel stongly about the Ducks winning tonight....as for the series I'm honestly not sure but throwing a unit at it....Sharks have a history of choking, although they have a different roster going this year win Evander Kane in (and Joe Thorton out). But look, if the Ducks do win tonight, then this +444 series price is best value right now....could look to hedge out of it later, if possible.

But I like Anaheim tonight.
    Here are a couple trends with these rivals:

1) Road team is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
    2) Ducks are 0-4 in the last 4 meetings....why? one thing is all home games (see trend #1)

Ducks overall trends:
    1) Ducks are 4-1 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
    2) Ducks are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.

hotcross

Monday April 16
    PLAYOFFS ROUND 1, GAME 3

NEW JERSEY +125 ML // 2 units to win 2.50

New Jersey is down 0-2 in the series, need the home win in game 3.
    Series price offered at +1050 right now, tempting, but I'm gonna pass on that. I just think they can extend the series tonight.
    Cory Schneider will be starting in net tonight in place of Keith Kinkaid....makes the pick a bit more uncertain, but rolling with it.

hotcross

1-1 yesterday for a loss

Tuesday April 17

MINNESOTA +103 ML // 3 units to win 3.09

Parise injured for Wild, but couple Centers also injured for Winnipeg. Plus Minnesota good at home.

hotcross

Tuesday April 17 - adding ::

OVERTIME +280 VGS@LAK // 1 unit to win 2.80

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Tuesday April 17 - adding ::

OVERTIME +280 VGS@LAK // 1 unit to win 2.80
    Doing same. I had it loaded for the Blue Jackets game and didn’t pull the trigger.

Ugh. Trying to get the Jackets to get this last goal. Have them for team goals over 2.5 and the win.

hotcross

April 16&17 results:

-3.00 ANAHEIM +130 ML ---> score 8-1 road loss at LAK in game 3

+2.50 NEW JERSEY +125 ML ----> score 5-2 home win vs TB in game 3
    ------------------
    -3.00 MINNESOTA +103 ML ----> score 2-0 home loss vs WPG
    -1.00 OVERTIME +280 VGS@LAK ----> score 1-0 VGS road win; Sweep series

+2.00 VEGAS SERIES WIN ROUND 1 ----> score 1-0 VGS road win at LAK to sweep series 4-0
    ------------------
    April 16&17 = -2.50 units (W/L = 2-3)

PLAYOFFS TOTAL = -6.39 units (W/L = 5-7 = .416 pct)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PENDING::
    SERIES WIN ROUND 1
    ANAHEIM +444 (placed before game 3) // 1 unit to win 4.44

obviously Anaheim series is dead, they're not gonna win 4 in a row. But I'll wait until series closes to subtract the unit to the record.

Kings almost did tie the game with about 20-seconds left there was a tip shot that barely went wide. The game didn't play out at all how I thought, expected Kings to put on max effort and certainly score but they got shutout at home in game 4 to get swept.

Playoffs not going well so far, but I'm gonna tighten up and find a couple wins

hotcross

Wed. April 18

NASHVILLE -155 ML // 2.76 units to win 1.78

might add more....

hotcross

NEW JERSEY +120 ML // 5 units to win 6

using the funds from NJ game 3 win to hit 'em again tonight for a 5 unit play as they look to even up the series.

hotcross

April 18 results:

+1.78 NASHVILLE -155 ML ----> score 3-2 road win at COL
    -5.00 NEW JERSEY +120 ML ----> score 3-1
    home loss vs TB
    ------------------
    -1.00 ANAHEIM SERIES +444 ----> score 2-1 ANA road loss at SJ (SJ sweep series 4-0)
    ------------------
    April 18 = -4.22 units (W/L = 1-2)

PLAYOFFS TOTAL = -10.61 units (W/L = 6-9 = .400 pct)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 step forward, 2 steps back......

hotcross

Thursday April 19

TORONTO +110 ML // 5 units to win 5.50

Bergeron is out tonight

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Bruins ML + Capitals ML

hotcross

you got both road teams....can't go there myself

hotcross

what kind of garbage goal is that??? Frederik Andersen might lose his job if this keeps up!

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

damnnn HC i hope you dont lose another 5u play. I have bruins in a parlay but goodluck to you

BankrollMafia
    Update your status
    BankrollMafia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3346

all tied up!

hotcross

haven't stuck with my play tight spot picks strategy going into playoffs

I always feel like more than anything, I pass on games that shoulda been plays. Its easy to say that in hindsight. But can't tell you how many times my leans win but I pass on the game. Frustrating sometimes.

Becoming more convinced that my methods are better suited to the regular season, anyway

I've started out ok in MLB. Check into that thread anytime. Discussion / Advice always welcome, too

hotcross

Boston scores 2-1 late in 2nd period after icing against Toronto. So the way I see it, two mistakes by Toronto give both goals to Boston. They're making it difficult on themselves to win.

First goal was garbage perimeter throw on net 28-seconds into the game. Now this second goal after icing violation so Toronto had tired players on the ice in their own zone.

DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Bruins ML + Capitals ML

Boston is the way better team.. this was a must win for them. Washigton was actually pretty straight forward

hotcross

Saturday April 21

TORONTO +160 ML // 1 unit to win 1.60

UNDER 5.5 +102 TOR@BOS // 1 unit to win 1.02

Bergeron is reportedly back in tonight for Boston. Nazem Kadri has finished serving his 3-game suspension and he is also back in for tonight.

A few reasons for this pick. One is looking at a previous playoff trend for Boston last year in game 5. They are heavily favored tonight, but I think it should be tighter as a closeout game up 3-1 games in the series.

During the regular season, Toronto had wins against Boston when they played a low-scoring game. We saw a 3-1 score for game 4, after the first 3 games were 5-1, 7-3, and 2-4 scores.

oChRoNiCo

hotcross which of the home teams do you like more today? I feel like one of them forces a game 7 if not both.

First ... 9101112131415 Last