THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 203: Miocic vs. Overeem (September 10, 2016)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Stipe Miocic vs Alistair Overeem (for heavyweight title)
    Travis Browne vs Fabricio Werdum
    Mickey Gall vs CM Punk
    Urijah Faber vs Jimmie Rivera
    Jessica Andrade vs Joanne Calderwood

Fox Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Bethe Correia vs Jessica Eye
    Nik Lentz vs Mairbek Taisumov
    Caio Magalhaes vs Brad Tavares
    Ray Borg vs Ian McCall

UFC Fight Pass, 6:15
    Yancy Medeiros vs Sean Spencer
    Francimar Barroso vs CB Dollaway
    Drew Dober vs Jason Gonzalez
    Damir Hadzovic vs Yukawa Kazuya

Attached Images
    Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

richie360 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

miocic / overeem is a super tough fight to call... overeem is one of my favorite heavyweights in mma but im leaning miocic tko/ko in a 5 rounder his cardio is top notch and he has a granite chin... Overeem has been a much more patient fighter lately which has helped him big time but if miocic lands a good shot he will most likely flurry him and tko him quick... overeem has been tko/kod 9 times in mma plus more in K1 and miocic has great accuracy / speed for a heavyweight. Just tough because overeem has so much power and can end anybody on a given night , my heart wants overeem but my heads saying miocic here

plus we all know everybodys on gall ITD or something of the sorts.... if he doesnt pull this out ill be absolutely shocked .. respect to cm punk regardless for actually stepping in and being a man of his word, i think hell get molly whopped but maybe he could surprise a bit.. either way gall ITD all day long

also regarding werdum/browne ill definitely be on werdum in a few parlays then maybe take a stab at ITD prop for werdum , browne looks to be digressing not really impressed by him lately and werdum is a solid finisher i could see him getting the tko or sub here so itd is the safest play even though he decisioned him last time... will have to look into this play a bit more

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lean: Gall (lock), Werdum, Overeem (for the juice).

The main event is a pick em fight. Both can be hurt and both can end it by KO. Just pick the juicy props and feel good about it.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Mairbek Taisumov out of UFC 203 bout with Nik Lentz due to v.i.s.a issues

THE_LOCKSMITH

Michael McBride replaces Mairbek Taisumov at UFC 203 in Cleveland

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_203

UFC 203

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem
    Information
    Promotion Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Date September 10, 2016
    Venue Quicken Loans Arena
    City Cleveland, Ohio
    Event chronology
    UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) that will be held on September 10, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.[1]
    Contents

Background

This will be the first UFC event in Cleveland.[1]

The event is expected to be headlined by a UFC Heavyweight Championship match with current champion Stipe Miocic defending the title against 2010 K-1 World Grand Prix winner and former Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem.[2]

The signing of CM Punk was originally announced during the UFC 181 broadcast on December 6, 2014.[3]

The professional debut of former professional wrestler and two-time WWE Champion CM Punk is scheduled to take place at this event. Punk, who signed with the UFC in December 2014, had a delayed debut due to past injuries from professional wrestling that needed treatment and also due to Punk's need for training time. He will make his debut against Mickey Gall in a welterweight bout.[4]

Ben Rothwell was expected to face former heavyweight champion Fabrício Werdum at this event. However on August 11, Rothwell pulled out due to injury. A team representative said he may have suffered a torn meniscus and could have an ACL injury.[5] He was replaced by Travis Browne.[6] This will be a rematch as Werdum defeated Browne via unanimous decision at UFC on Fox: Werdum vs. Browne in 2014.[7]

A lightweight bout between Erik Koch and Drew Dober was originally booked for UFC 195, but Koch pulled out due to an injury and the bout was scrapped.[8] The fight was later rescheduled for this event, until Koch pulled out again due to injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Jason Gonzalez.[9][10]

Mairbek Taisumov was expected to face Nik Lentz at the event. However, Taisumov was removed from the fight on September 1 for vısa problem and replaced by promotional newcomer Michael McBride.[11]

Official fight card

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Heavyweight Stipe Miocic (c) vs. Alistair Overeem [a]
    Heavyweight Fabrício Werdum vs. Travis Browne
    Welterweight CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall
    Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Women's Strawweight Jéssica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood
    Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
    Women's Bantamweight Jessica Eye vs. Bethe Correia
    Lightweight Nik Lentz vs. Michael McBride
    Middleweight Caio Magalhães vs. Brad Tavares
    Flyweight Ian McCall vs. Ray Borg
    Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Welterweight Yancy Medeiros vs. Sean Spencer
    Light Heavyweight CB Dollaway vs. Francimar Barroso
    Lightweight Drew Dober vs. Jason Gonzalez
    Lightweight Damir Hadzovic vs. Yusuke Kasuya

[12]

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Lean: Gall (lock), Werdum, Overeem (for the juice).

The main event is a pick em fight. Both can be hurt and both can end it by KO. Just pick the juicy props and feel good about it.
    I'm playing Overeem ITD and Round 1 here. I like Stipe a lot more as a person but I think Reem might get the job done.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

- Alistair Overeem talks about his heavyweight title fight against Stipe Miocic at UFC 203, training at JacksonWink following his victory over his teammate Andrei Arlovski, and much more.

- Stipe Miocic returns to Submission Radio to talk about life since knocking out Fabricio Werdum and becoming UFC heavyweight champion, his upcoming fight against Alistair Overeem at UFC 203, Alistair’s recent career resurgence, facing his second K-1 Grand Prix champion and what such a scalp would mean, Overeem’s chin and if he sees it as a weakness, if he feels like he’s getting enough respect in the division, his plans for a long title reign and to break records in the UFC heavyweight division, UFC 200 and Brock Lesnar being flagged by USADA after his fight against Mark Hunt, his recent marriage and bachelor party, pranks at the fire station, his tattoos, and lots more!

- Alistair Overeem Q&A.

- Alistair Overeem talks with Jay and Dan about his upcoming heavyweight title fight against Stipe Miocic at UFC 203, CM Punk's UFC debut and more.

- Brendan Schaub bets 12000$ on Stipe Miocic over Alistair Overeem (UFC 203)

- Fighters predict the UFC 203 heavyweight title fight headliner between main event between Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem.

Last edited by Thrilla; 09-04-16 at 11:17 PM.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    I'm playing Overeem ITD and Round 1 here. I like Stipe a lot more as a person but I think Reem might get the job done.
    i was leaning miocic itd before since he has a solid chin and overeem has been tkod a shit load in his career but at + odds i have to take overeem guys an elite striker and can take out anybody plus miocic does tend to get tagged so hopefully overeem can take him out quick, on him straight and may take a stab round 1 or 2 prop at the right price... lets ride this overeem train hugo
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

just smoked a nice joint and got in the zone for this analysis i rewatched the 2014 werdum/browne fight mainly the first 3 rounds to get a gauge on how itll go down... browne was coming in with some momentum , 3 fight winning streak over josh barnett, alistair overeem and gabriel gonzaga so he mustve been feeling invincible ... comes in drops werdum the first minute of the fight and has him really hurt, he pounces ontop but werdum is a wizard on the ground of course and ties browne up to bide his time a little bit and recover, thats when werdum turns the entire fight around and lands the first ever takedown on travis browne in the ufc which mustve been super deflating for his mental game , werdum looking for a few arm triangle chokes but nothing much comes out of it and browne gets back up, werdum starts landing some big kicks and this is when he started showing the evolution of his striking game ( great camp rafael coderro ) and starts taking the fight over basically , browne starts to gas fairly early and werdum lands another takedown round 2 but does more work ontop this time landing elbows in side control and working that arm choke again but browne pops up again so he showed some solid sub defense ( werdum 10 submission victories 50% of wins ) but browne has still never been submitted of course werdum can sub any person on the planet but i dont like that trend for submission prop... werdum swarms browne a ton and is always looking for the finish even in a 5 round fight hes throwing 5-6 punch combos and full power kicks trying to finish browne so in a 3 rounder he may even go more for broke , it didnt work out for him against stipe but werdum is a true fighter and he might want to make a big statement here aka why im leaning the tko prop +444 a bit over the decision +170 ( the more likely outcome of course ) browne showed his toughness in the first fight but he gassed super quick and he was coming in with a ton of momentum , now hes coming in 2 of 3 losses both tkos and the mitrione win you could say he was losing the fight before the eye poke .... werdum got caught last fight against miocic and i dont think it happens again here imo , long story short werdum should win this and im either taking a late finish or decision

edit : round 3 werdum +1025 hmmmmm small hail mary here could be in order this plus decision +170 sounds the best to me now
    Last edited by firekillex; 09-05-16 at 12:17 AM.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    just smoked a nice joint and got in the zone for this analysis i rewatched the 2014 werdum/browne fight mainly the first 3 rounds to get a gauge on how itll go down... browne was coming in with some momentum , 3 fight winning streak over josh barnett, alistair overeem and gabriel gonzaga so he mustve been feeling invincible ... comes in drops werdum the first minute of the fight and has him really hurt, he pounces ontop but werdum is a wizard on the ground of course and ties browne up to bide his time a little bit and recover, thats when werdum turns the entire fight around and lands the first ever takedown on travis browne in the ufc which mustve been super deflating for his mental game , werdum looking for a few arm triangle chokes but nothing much comes out of it and browne gets back up, werdum starts landing some big kicks and this is when he started showing the evolution of his striking game ( great camp rafael coderro ) and starts taking the fight over basically , browne starts to gas fairly early and werdum lands another takedown round 2 but does more work ontop this time landing elbows in side control and working that arm choke again but browne pops up again so he showed some solid sub defense ( werdum 10 submission victories 50% of wins ) but browne has still never been submitted of course werdum can sub any person on the planet but i dont like that trend for submission prop... werdum swarms browne a ton and is always looking for the finish even in a 5 round fight hes throwing 5-6 punch combos and full power kicks trying to finish browne so in a 3 rounder he may even go more for broke , it didnt work out for him against stipe but werdum is a true fighter and he might want to make a big statement here aka why im leaning the tko prop +444 a bit over the decision +170 ( the more likely outcome of course ) browne showed his toughness in the first fight but he gassed super quick and he was coming in with a ton of momentum , now hes coming in 2 of 3 losses both tkos and the mitrione win you could say he was losing the fight before the eye poke .... werdum got caught last fight against miocic and i dont think it happens again here imo , long story short werdum should win this and im either taking a late finish or decision

edit : round 3 werdum +1025 hmmmmm small hail mary here could be in order this plus decision +170 sounds the best to me now
    I like your analysis. Still figuring out my bets for this one.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Mickey gall line moves from -280 to -450 at worst bookie right now. Thats a rather big movement for such an unproven favourite. Ill guess more people have been presented with the gym tape of his last sparring session.I predicted -400 to -500 line, but i didnt know it would happen this fast. Its only Monday. But, it is FIGHT WEEK FELLLAAAAS!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11478

Awwww just 5 days away.. A normal UFC event start time this go around..

Initial thoughts on the 2 big fights -

Werdum vs Browne - Probably going with Werdum myself...

I think after getting dropped Werdum should be a little more cautious standing and maybe even try to take this fight to the ground and sub out Browne. Not sure Werdum can take down Browne though, Travis has decent TD defense, but regardless Werdum should hold his own standing against Hapa you'd think..

I'm trying to envision this Reem/Stipe matchup???

I think Reem standing might just be to much for Stipe.. Connect and drop him.. Not sure though as Reem is kind of a can these days.. Very hit and miss.. His chin and gas tank is always in question when he's off the juice like he probably is now.. Need to think this fight over some more..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-05-16 at 12:30 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

overeem is such an unlikeable guy

that being said, this is a coin toss fight. gun to head, stipe. probably laying off this fight

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Mickey gall line moves from -280 to -450 at worst bookie right now. Thats a rather big movement for such an unproven favourite. Ill guess more people have been presented with the gym tape of his last sparring session.I predicted -400 to -500 line, but i didnt know it would happen this fast. Its only Monday. But, it is FIGHT WEEK FELLLAAAAS!!
    Happy I got him to close that parlay with Lapilus at (-280) last week. Don't think I'll have too much more at stake in that fight since there's such limited information on these guys.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post

that being said, this is a coin toss fight. gun to head, stipe. probably laying off this fight
    He is one of my least favorite fighters. Dude is just an asshole. That said I think there is a little betting value on him this weekend but I wouldn't recommend a huge bet either way on the main event.
    Last edited by Hugo de Naranja; 09-05-16 at 01:23 PM.

bjpenn85

Didnt you have a max bet going on?

People go to town on that rivera line right now. Went from -105 to -155 in minutes. I feel this is a pickem, slight lean rivera off course but, cant get myself to bet Rivera at -105. Maybe at +120-+130, but the opening line is pretty accurate imo.

bjpenn85

Btw, is this the worst undercard of 2016? Who cares about;Sean spencer, medeiros, brad tavares and facking drew dober.

Hugo de Naranja

Didnt you have a max bet going on?

People go to town on that rivera line right now. Went from -105 to -155 in minutes. I feel this is a pickem, slight lean rivera off course but, cant get myself to bet Rivera at -105. Maybe at +120-+130, but the opening line is pretty accurate imo.
    I put a unit on Rivera (-110) but won't bet anymore on him unless he gets to +odds. I'm thinking later action from casuals will come in on Faber. Like the over in that fight a lot since Rivera's not a finisher and Faber is past his prime. Will be looking for a good line on Faber sub though since I think that's his best path to victory.

Hugo de Naranja

Btw, is this the worst undercard of 2016? Who cares about;Sean spencer, medeiros, brad tavares and facking drew dober.
    Medeiros is fun to watch but this is a bit underwhelming for a PPV undercard. Main card has some exciting fights for sure.

bjpenn85

Medeiros is fun to watch but this is a bit underwhelming for a PPV undercard. Main card has some exciting fights for sure.
    I wont even check the result on sherdog for info, i just dont care about fighters that will never break top 15 or are on the brink of being cut their whole career.

Im planning on legging all the eggs in one basket with Werdum here. If he doesnt plan to get knocked out, he wont loose a dec or a sub. Which makes my life pretty easy. Werdum SU and maybe, if i have no balls on fight night i will put a smaller hedge on Brownee TKO. Hopefully another easy 1000 dollar directly into my bank account.

Hugo de Naranja

Yeah I mean this fight is basically Werdum by any method or Browne by TKO (almost always in round 1 if he gets it). Werdum will dominate as long as he doesn't get clipped.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1668

Still -325 at some books...

UncleChael

I said Alistair Overeem would be the new heavyweight champion in 2016 earlier this year and i'm sticking with it.
    GUN TO THE HEAD, LET'S GO REEM!!!!

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Still -325 at some books...
    Like i dont have a clue...

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    I said Alistair Overeem would be the new heavyweight champion in 2016 earlier this year and i'm sticking with it.
    GUN TO THE HEAD, LET'S GO REEM!!!!
    Bisping, alvarez and maybe now overeem, UFC - where the glass chins reign

Hugo de Naranja

Bisping, alvarez and maybe now overeem, UFC - where the glass chins reign
    For the next few title fights I'm thinking of taking every challenger ITD and Round 1 because of the following title changes this year:

WBW: Tate def. Holm R5 Sub
    WBW: Nunes def. Tate R1 Sub
    BW: Cruz def. Dillashaw Split Decision
    LW: Alvarez def. Dos Anjos R1 TKO
    WW: Woodley def. Lawler R1 TKO
    MW: Bisping def. Rockhold R1 TKO
    HW: Miocic def. Werdum R1 TKO

All but 1 were ITD, and 5 were in round 1

Hugo de Naranja

Does anyone know if Andrade vs. Calderwood will be contested at Strawweight or Flyweight?

bjpenn85

For the next few title fights I'm thinking of taking every challenger ITD and Round 1 because of the following title changes this year:

WBW: Tate def. Holm R5 Sub
    WBW: Nunes def. Tate R1 Sub
    BW: Cruz def. Dillashaw Split Decision
    LW: Alvarez def. Dos Anjos R1 TKO
    WW: Woodley def. Lawler R1 TKO
    MW: Bisping def. Rockhold R1 TKO
    HW: Miocic def. Werdum R1 TKO

All but 1 were ITD, and 5 were in round 1
    Its a trend now, but will it be in the future? It depends on matchups. Nunes typical 1.round finiser, woodley the same, bisping not, alvarez not, miocic/werdum heavyweights, so if you look behind the result and judge by the matchup it makes sense, but i thinks its more a mix of style and variance. I dont think those result reflect future title fights or their next fight. I could be wrong obviously. But how many times do Bisping win in round 1? Variance not a future trend imo.

Hugo de Naranja

Its a trend now, but will it be in the future? It depends on matchups. Nunes typical 1.round finiser, woodley the same, bisping not, alvarez not, miocic/werdum heavyweights, so if you look behind the result and judge by the matchup it makes sense, but i thinks its more a mix of style and variance. I dont think those result reflect future title fights or their next fight. I could be wrong obviously. But how many times do Bisping win in round 1? Variance not a future trend imo.
    That's a fair point about variance. I'm going to play around with it for a few title fights and see where it gets me. Even in fights like Jedrzejczyk vs. Gadelha, Gadelha dropped JJ early and had her in trouble.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

just seems so sneaky. All of his bullshit denial about steroids i think makes him this unlikable. He expressions reek out sneakiness

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

The same people who care about Uriah Faber. Does anyone want to see him fight again?

UncleChael

Brendan Shaub is right, we take Stipe boys.. it's in Cleveland.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Brendan Shaub is right, we take Stipe boys.. it's in Cleveland.
    last 2 heavyweight champs lost on home soil

1234 ... Last