themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

WTF Bitcoin

I though this fork thing or whatever they call it was supposed to speed up transactions? Why am I waiting 16 hours and still not 1 confirmation? I did that via btc accelerator thing 8 hours ago and still nothing. What's the longest time a transaction can take? Dam I hate bitcoin. But it still is the easiest way to move money I guess.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Yeah, it is frustrating.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Any chance you had a low fee?

Fees are out of bloody control.

Post or PM me the tx and I'll check if you don't know how.

Optional

Also, it's not until August 24th when the next update of bitcoin rolls out. And this is the part that is supposed to fix the block limit and wait times.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yeah the fee's for standard are a little stupid.....WTF>...IOTA...make your penetrating move LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Yeah, it is frustrating.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I though this fork thing or whatever they call it was supposed to speed up transactions? Why am I waiting 16 hours and still not 1 confirmation? I did that via btc accelerator thing 8 hours ago and still nothing. What's the longest time a transaction can take? Dam I hate bitcoin. But it still is the easiest way to move money I guess.
    I paid $2.20 for a fee.... book received funds in 6 minutes.

Then I paid $4.15 for a fee... book received funds in 6 minutes.

This was when network had 33,000 pending transactions.

Time to start paying up people.

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

I am really shocked that people complain over fees considering what THEY use to be. Bitcoin deposits are FREE, remember when a P2P person withdrawal fee was $50-or $75 if you had 2 in a month!

PaperTrail07

I paid 4$ and it took 1.5 hours my friend....and that's not even "priority"....the fee's are penetrating high right now...end of story LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I paid $2.20 for a fee.... book received funds in 6 minutes.

Then I paid $4.15 for a fee... book received funds in 6 minutes.

This was when network had 33,000 pending transactions.

Time to start paying up people.

themike78

The problem is it's not me sending the money it's a business that pays in Bitcoin sending the money so I have no control over what fees they use. Transaction finally went through after about 20 hours with normal fees. I noticed the places I use to send bitcoin don't even let you adjust the fees. It would be nice if Bitcoin would just have a set fee or whatever depending on the size of the transaction. This guessing what amount of fee to use is frustrating.

PaperTrail07

Blockchain tells you what you need to send quick....not being abkle to adjust would drive me insane..
    The problem is it's not me sending the money it's a business that pays in Bitcoin sending the money so I have no control over what fees they use. Transaction finally went through after about 20 hours with normal fees. I noticed the places I use to send bitcoin don't even let you adjust the fees. It would be nice if Bitcoin would just have a set fee or whatever depending on the size of the transaction. This guessing what amount of fee to use is frustrating.

themike78

Another question. Does the block chain wallet charge to receive bitcoins? I have been using local bitcoins wallet just because I am used to it and they are charging me a fee every time I receive bitcoins. Is that normal with most places? I do a lot of transactions and those dam fees add up.

PaperTrail07

No, it does not charge to receive...
    Another question. Does the block chain wallet charge to receive bitcoins? I have been using local bitcoins wallet just because I am used to it and they are charging me a fee every time I receive bitcoins. Is that normal with most places? I do a lot of transactions and those dam fees add up.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    No, it does not charge to receive...
    Thanks for the info. Definitely using block chain wallet now.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I paid 4$ and it took 1.5 hours my friend....and that's not even "priority"....the fee's are penetrating high right now...end of story LOL...
    Dang. Well... I guess I was lucky then? I rushed the damn transaction too. Was sending funds simultaneously to 2 different books... I think I could of saved $ by grouping them into 1 transaction? It sucks trying to remember all of this.

I used Blockchain wallet by the way. I guess they grade the fees using Satoshi scale now? It's unreal.... have to be a science wiz to figure all of this out? I feel I paid too high.

Just for the record... that was selecting "Priority" in the drop down menu at blockchain

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I sent a transaction 10 hours ago with 352 sat/B fee (which seemed unusually high at the time) - still no confirmations.

Any idea what type of fee in Sat/B is confirming in less than an hour? I'm not in a huge hurry for the coin, but it is still a bit troubling.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    I sent a transaction 10 hours ago with 352 sat/B fee (which seemed unusually high at the time) - still no confirmations.

Any idea what type of fee in Sat/B is confirming in less than an hour? I'm not in a huge hurry for the coin, but it is still a bit troubling.
    I sent 2 transactions yesterday around 9AM Eastern. At the time the network claimed there were 33,000+ unconfirmed.

1st transaction was 284.258 sat/B

2nd transaction was 322.147 sat/B

Transactions sent 2 minutes apart. Both confirmed in 6 minutes.

TheMoneyShot

Currently... network claims there are 96,200+ unconfirmed transactions. That seems awfully high.

themike78

Yeah I'm reading everywhere people complaining about wait times. I waited about 20 hours from last night send. Good old Bitcoin back to it's old ways.

Optional

They charge a fee as they do not want people using them as a general wallet like you are.

I don't know anywhere else that charges a receive fee.

Def use blockchain.info/wallet or the desktop wallet by from electrum.org as your central wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post

This site tells you the current optimum fee https://bitcoinfees.21.co/