chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Bitcoin VS Litecoin

Everything i read about the 2 suggests that Litecoin is really a superior product. Why is the value so much lower and why doesnt Litecoin get more talk and use?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Everything i read about the 2 suggests that Litecoin is really a superior product. Why is the value so much lower and why doesnt Litecoin get more talk and use?
    Widespread acceptance and traction.

Maybe it would not be superior with the same volume.

chosen4th

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Widespread acceptance and traction.

Maybe it would not be superior with the same volume.
    Optional- have you ever looked into investing in a crypto currency other than bitcoin? If so what have you found

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

I haven't but Raiders dabbles in quite a few and can probably help if he sees this.

I think he said in the past Litecoin is good to buy when you suspect Bitcoin might drop as it is anti-correlated. I think it was Litecoin he made that comment about anyway.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Optional- have you ever looked into investing in a crypto currency other than bitcoin? If so what have you found
    Major difference between Bitcoin and Litecoin is that Litecoin creates blocks 4x faster.

Ethereum had a chance to take over until there was a hack. It subsequently split into Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. Blocks are created in less than 15 seconds while it takes Bitcoin approximately 10 minutes.

Here's a list of crypto-currencies http://coinmarketcap.com/

and a nice place to trade https://poloniex.com/
    Points Awarded:

chosen4th gave raiders72001 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

Not recommending. For information only.

The price of a single Dash token has doubled in the span of a week as traders attempt to front-run a major exchange’s decision to initiate trading in the digital currency.Dash, shorthand for digital cash, saw its price rise as high as $57.75 a coin on Thursday, up from $24.20 a week ago, according to data provided by CryptoCompare. That is more than Litecoin’s November 2013 peak of $53, thought to be the highest-ever valuation attained by an alternative to bitcoin.
    With a total value of $329 million, Dash is the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, behind only bitcoin and ethereum.
    In a business-development proposal published on the official Dash forum back in January, the Dash team solicited funding to help “cover costs of integrating Dash into a major cryptocurrency exchange…” with the launch expected around the end of the first quarter.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thi...eek-2017-03-02

chosen4th

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Not recommending. For information only.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thi...eek-2017-03-02

Good read, id like to keep this thread kind of going. Though the growth like bitcoin took on will probably never happen again to a crypto currency, it would still be great to get in on the bottom floor of one that is due to grow. I do like dash but i want to get in earlier. I read a lot about Factom. It seems like it has potential, and the fact that US Entrepreneurs are investing millions in it is a great sign. that and being a US based business, if the way of the future turns to a crypto currency, it could be the future of it. And its still cheap at $3