frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I will be studying these college football sides/totals for the next 10 days

Any input is appreciated

I have done some studying and research and have narrowed it down to these lines/totals. If my further studying and research satisfies me I will end up pulling the trigger on some of these but I am sure I will eliminate most of them and only end up playing a few.

Colorado State +2.5 vs. Colorado
    Northwestern -10.5 vs. California
    Houston -12 vs. UT-San Antonio
    UCF -1 vs. Penn State
    Mississippi State -31 vs. Southern Miss
    Florida State -17.5 vs. Oklahoma State
    Rice +23.5 at Notre Dame
    Washington -15.5 at Hawaii
    Boise State +10 vs. Ole Miss
    Marshall -24 at Miami Ohio
    Western Michigan +7 at Purdue

And Totals. I like UNDERS for Week 1 I feel a lot of the posted totals are high.

Idaho/Florida UNDER 51
    Houston/UT San Antonio UNDER 56.5
    Wake Forest/Louisiana-Monroe UNDER 46
    Florida State/Oklahoma State OVER 63.5
    Mississippi State/Southern Miss UNDER 55
    Virginia/UCLA UNDER 58.5
    North Texas/Texas UNDER 51
    Temple/Vanderbilt UNDER 52
    Utah State/Tennessee UNDER 52
    Alabama/West Virginia UNDER 54

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

seems like a tough 1st week

Too many games also

Maybe Flor St Under

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

why bother, u will lose all your $5 parlays anyways.

lol

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Be very careful going against Penn State...rumors coming out of University Park are Franklin has Hackenburg and the receivers flying and they could be sleepers this season...and that first game is in Ireland

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Any input is appreciated

I have done some studying and research and have narrowed it down to these lines/totals. If my further studying and research satisfies me I will end up pulling the trigger on some of these but I am sure I will eliminate most of them and only end up playing a few.

Colorado State +2.5 vs. Colorado
    Northwestern -10.5 vs. California
    Houston -12 vs. UT-San Antonio
    UCF -1 vs. Penn State
    Mississippi State -31 vs. Southern Miss
    Florida State -17.5 vs. Oklahoma State
    Rice +23.5 at Notre Dame
    Washington -15.5 at Hawaii
    Boise State +10 vs. Ole Miss
    Marshall -24 at Miami Ohio
    Western Michigan +7 at Purdue
    i like both dogs that i bolded

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

well Northwestern just lost its top WR Christian Jones for the year, and its top RB (who was suspended first 2 games anyways) just transferred.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    well Northwestern just lost its top WR Christian Jones for the year, and its top RB (who was suspended first 2 games anyways) just transferred.

They should still hammer a mediocre Cal team

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I am confident in Florida State

Young OKST team won't know what hit them

wufpakman21
    wufpakman21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3649

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I am confident in Florida State

Young OKST team won't know what hit them
    This is very true. I think this spread is as low as it is because Ok State was a very good team last year. but that was last year. A lot to figure out this year and FSU is basically the same team that whipped everyone last year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

21 games is way too many to be wagering on. You have to spread yourself waytoo thin. Cut this down to 10 or less and you may have a chance. S far as your sides are concerned, here is my take:

Colorado State +2.5 vs. Colorado...Pass. Two lousy teams. Rivalry game.
    Northwestern -10.5 vs. California...I was going to give this a go, but now, with the loss of the 'Cat's WR, I need a lower line. No more than 10.
    Houston -12 vs. UT-San Antonio. Do NOT sell UTSA short. They return 19 of 21 starters from last years team that went 7-5 S/U and 8-4 ATS. Houston has a habit of following a good ATS season with a bad one. Last year they were 9-3. 12 is too many points.
    UCF -1 vs. Penn State. UCF loses their star QB and 5 of their front 7. Penn State is too good to be a dog.
    Mississippi State -31 vs. Southern Miss. No doubt that Miss. State wins this game, but So. Miss returns 14 starters. Miss. State is not known to be a scoring machine to begin with, and has Special team problems. 31 is too many points to give.
    Florida State -17.5 vs. Oklahoma State. I can see this, but I will not wager on it. Okie State has a lot of rebuilding to do.
    Rice +23.5 at Notre Dame. The Irish will score, but their defense is very suspect. Again, too many points, with Michigan on deck.
    Washington -15.5 at Hawaii. Agree. A no brainer here. Hawaii is just terrible.
    Boise State +10 vs. Ole Miss. Boise loses a lot on offense. They also lost their HC. I would want more than 10.
    Marshall -24 at Miami Ohio. This is another no brainer. Miami is just terrible.
    Western Michigan +7 at Purdue. Western Michigan has no offense. You know that you are in trouble when the strength of the entire team is your defensive secondary. Everyone knows that Purdue may not win a Big 10 game, but a game against a terrible MAC team at home? Purdue is the play, if you have to play this game.

homie1975

Big dad makes some great points

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like Penn St also

Okl St / Flor St is a strange game

No idea how Flor St comes back off tremendous year,

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I like Penn St also

Okl St / Flor St is a strange game

No idea how Flor St comes back off tremendous year,
    Why Penn State? They're pretty thin up front, and UCF is a very very athletic team.

nickeydyme
    nickeydyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

Colorado State +2.5 vs. Colorado---no opinion, i dont like betting rivalry games
    Northwestern -10.5 vs. California---NW is the play still, they are really deep at wr, so Jones loss not so bad and played ly without Mark...Cal is really really bad still
    Houston -12 vs. UT-San Antonio---Houston is playing in their brand new stadium with a team that returns 15 players and all their playmakers, UTSA will be good but they got blown out ly in this game and i think it will be another 14-20 pt loss this year
    UCF -1 vs. Penn State---Penn State is the play, they are both -1 in Vegas right now...Penn State has NFL Qb and good rbs and te's, oline is suspect and defense is thin BUT UCF is breaking in new qb in what will be a more Penn State crowd against Franklin in his opener...Big Ten athletes overall are better
    Mississippi State -31 vs. Southern Miss--no opinion, i dont like large spreads but USM is one of the worst in cfb
    Florida State -17.5 vs. Oklahoma State---agree---okie state is rebuilding and fsu has reloaded and has a lot of weapons still, statement game
    Rice +23.5 at Notre Dame---love Rice and the points...ND with new OC and DC, their defense might take a few games to get going after losing so much talent and their offense is basically Golson running around trying to create...Rice can score at least 17-20 in this game
    Washington -15.5 at Hawaii---no opinion....why is line so low?!? hawaii and unlv home games are the hardest to figure out
    Boise State +10 vs. Ole Miss---Ole Miss has best defense in SEC, defacto home game for them, almost all the weapons back in the key year 3 for Coach Freeze...Boise should win MWC but that isn't saying much, Peterson wouldnt have left if he thought this was a contender still
    Marshall -24 at Miami Ohio---i could see backdoor cover, Miami Ohio has a lot of transfers from good schools and the old OC from ND is their coach now, Marshall defense is nothing special
    Western Michigan +7 at Purdue---WMU is barely better than EMU and Purdue at home in year 2 of Hazel is the play if you have to play this game, it's very important game to Purdue and his regime...gotta get wins when you can and look impressive when you can

Just my thoughts, gl to all!

homie1975

Nickey good stuff

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    21 games is way too many to be wagering on. You have to spread yourself waytoo thin. Cut this down to 10 or less and you may have a chance. S far as your sides are concerned, here is my take:

Colorado State +2.5 vs. Colorado...Pass. Two lousy teams. Rivalry game.
    Northwestern -10.5 vs. California...I was going to give this a go, but now, with the loss of the 'Cat's WR, I need a lower line. No more than 10.
    Houston -12 vs. UT-San Antonio. Do NOT sell UTSA short. They return 19 of 21 starters from last years team that went 7-5 S/U and 8-4 ATS. Houston has a habit of following a good ATS season with a bad one. Last year they were 9-3. 12 is too many points.
    UCF -1 vs. Penn State. UCF loses their star QB and 5 of their front 7. Penn State is too good to be a dog.
    Mississippi State -31 vs. Southern Miss. No doubt that Miss. State wins this game, but So. Miss returns 14 starters. Miss. State is not known to be a scoring machine to begin with, and has Special team problems. 31 is too many points to give.
    Florida State -17.5 vs. Oklahoma State. I can see this, but I will not wager on it. Okie State has a lot of rebuilding to do.
    Rice +23.5 at Notre Dame. The Irish will score, but their defense is very suspect. Again, too many points, with Michigan on deck.
    Washington -15.5 at Hawaii. Agree. A no brainer here. Hawaii is just terrible.
    Boise State +10 vs. Ole Miss. Boise loses a lot on offense. They also lost their HC. I would want more than 10.
    Marshall -24 at Miami Ohio. This is another no brainer. Miami is just terrible.
    Western Michigan +7 at Purdue. Western Michigan has no offense. You know that you are in trouble when the strength of the entire team is your defensive secondary. Everyone knows that Purdue may not win a Big 10 game, but a game against a terrible MAC team at home? Purdue is the play, if you have to play this game.
    You're a much better poster when you're not talking down to people and generally being a complete jerkoff

Good points and leaning with you on Ole Miss and maybe Penn St.....Hackenberg is really impressive

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Thanks for the input

I will probably end up making 3-5 plays when all is said and done

Florida State -17.5 will probably be one. It looks square as penetrate but OKST is going to be bad this year. Lots of newcomers will play in that game and FSU isn't the team you want to play for your first collegiate game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

We still have a lot of time between now and the 28th. I am on Northwestern - 9 1/2 (a GOY selection at the Nugget) but I have not played another game as of yet. I want to see where the line is going and look for other information on the angle/trend side of things. Also there is still plenty of time for a major injury to someone, though I really hope that this does not occur.