BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

As an OU fan, Houston worries me.

Houston will have trouble stopping OU but Greg Ward should be able to exploit our linebackers all day long. Houston doesn' really throw it down field but the over the middle stuff should give OU problems.

OU has good athletes in the secondary but it's the first game and OU is breaking in some new players. This is a bad matchup first game.

Houston +11 sounds like a very solid play to me and I'm an OU alumni.

I wouldn't be surprised if Houston won. OU plays a lot better as an underdog than they do as a favorite against top 15 teams. Stoops is a better coach as a dog.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I agree. This is why OU will NOT win the Big 12-2 this season. Stoops is notorious for having very good teams when he is "rebuilding" and choke artists when they are suppose to win it all. Basically Houston's entire season is on the line. A loss here and they have no chance of getting into the playoff. Houston will score points against the OU defense. The question is how many turnovers can the Houston defense force. I think that OU wins this game, but there is no way I would give 11 points.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I agree. This is why OU will NOT win the Big 12-2 this season. Stoops is notorious for having very good teams when he is "rebuilding" and choke artists when they are suppose to win it all. Basically Houston's entire season is on the line. A loss here and they have no chance of getting into the playoff. Houston will score points against the OU defense. The question is how many turnovers can the Houston defense force. I think that OU wins this game, but there is no way I would give 11 points.
    Exactly.

I'm thinking Houston puts up at least 30.

41-34 type score.

With that said, if OU has turnovers or gives up some plays on special teams, they could easily lose here.

Stoops coaches better when he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. As a favorite he coaches tight and close to the best.

He goes out an crushes Bama and Florida State in big time bowls as a double digit dog and then he loses games straight up as a double digit favorite.

I like it way better when OU is not respected or the underdog. I hate when they are picked by everyone to compete for a title.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

OU has not played Florida State in 10 years. Stoops is 1-3 in hos last 4 bowl games, including two straight butt whippings by Clemson. They are 0-3 in BCS Championship games since 2000 and gave up a record 55 points to USC. Stoops is 4-6 S/U in his last 10 bowl games. Worse than that, he is 3-7 ATS in those 10 games. Your point is well taken.

BigDofBA

Nebraska holds the record for most points in a title game when they blew out Florida 62-24.

Stoops has a great resume. He has won every BCS bowl, the Cotton, and a national title. He has also maintained a very consistent program and won several conference titles while other schools like USC, Miami, and Florida have fallen off.

I think we agree though....he doesn't do well in big games as a favorite. If he is a dog, he does well.

Random stat, Stoops is a combined 8-1 against Alabama, Florida State, and Oregon. That's pretty good. The only lose was in a game OU got screwed at Oregon on that onside kick.

Stoops isn't Saban or Meyer but he is a good coach that consistently churns out 10 win seasons.

Bottom line, fade him in a big game when he is a favorite and back him in a big game when he is a dog.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-30-16 at 04:16 PM.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Loser coach

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

Houston is a giant smoke screen. They're not as good as they appeared last year. Greg Ward is nothing but a glorified scat back. OU rolls

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Look for it to be a track meet. OU might cover if they have the lead late and the ball. Not going to touch it. Like the match up! Going to watch and enjoy! GL

BigDofBA

Knew it. OU sleep walking thinking they could just show up and win.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Knew it. OU sleep walking thinking they could just show up and win.
    i hope you took it! this was a quality win

BigDofBA

Way too much hype. OU is an 8-4 team.

Lost too much talent from last year. I think the optimism was because they returned their backfield.

#3 was way too high.

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

Honestly, Houston is very good this year so maybe tough to gauge Okl based on today, but I agree that 3 is too high.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Houston coach wife has a nice set on her that's probably why they win

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Another good angle.

OU is overrated. I'm not sure I want to goto that Ohio State game in a few weeks.

BigDofBA

I my take a loan out of 401k, fly to Vegas, and put 10k on Ohio State in two weeks.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post