Add me to the list!

Account#: 1139191
    Balance: 726.49 EUR

benashey79
    benashey79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKerrRP View Post
    Hi all,

Some of you may recall I posted early last month seeking Canbet customers for an article in the Racing Post. I'd like to thank everyone who got in touch for their time and assistance and let you know the resulting article is published in today's (22/5) edition of the Racing Post. Its main focus is the lack of protection given to customers by the UK's Gambling Commission during the Canbet saga and hopefully some may find it of interest.

Very best wishes,
    Tom

Hi Tom, do you have a link to the story on your website as I can't currently find it? Thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mojobullfrog

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It is not available for free, online subscriber or print copy only unfortunately.

I'd ask someone I know in London to get/scan/email it but undoubtedly either RP or SBR would frown upon outright copyright theft if I posted it in here.

madfint
    madfint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Please add me to the list also.

Account#: 1100114
    Balance: 652.4 USD

Thanks in advance. Cheers

mike190962
    mike190962's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Canbet

PLease add me to the list too.
    Canbet owe me £640.
    Account number 1155337.

pajo1206
    pajo1206's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

People I see there is no activity on forum for a week almost.
    So, do we fight?

Is there some more possibilities?
    Suggestions?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

Quote Originally Posted by pajo1206 View Post
    People I see there is no activity on forum for a week almost.
    So, do we fight?

Is there some more possibilities?
    Suggestions?

And it's likely there won't be any significant news for many more months either.
    Why is it that people just can't comprehend that formal investigations and preparation for legal action requires a lot of detailed work which takes a very long time?
    Patience. And a lot of it is what's required.

GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    And it's likely there won't be any significant news for many more months either.
    Why is it that people just can't comprehend that formal investigations and preparation for legal action requires a lot of detailed work which takes a very long time?
    Patience. And a lot of it is what's required.
    Easy to say. More silence is on this topic, more we lose our fate.

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

What Hareeba said.

Sure it's frustrating, but that doesn't change the fact that the seriousness of this situation means it has to be done properly.

GuybrushT

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    What Hareeba said.

Sure it's frustrating, but that doesn't change the fact that the seriousness of this situation means it has to be done properly.
    If there were some official statement from ASIC, I would be more calm. We don't know how seriously the investigation is taken, how long will take, if there is some hope from us...nothing. No news from months.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushT View Post
    If there were some official statement from ASIC, I would be more calm. We don't know how seriously the investigation is taken, how long will take, if there is some hope from us...nothing. No news from months.
    ASIC won't give an official statement - if ever - on this case until it's over with. That's not how they work. The only reason we know at all that they're investigating this is because myself and a few other people in this thread are in contact with them. They're not stupid like I was - or even the Gambling Commission - and made comments that gave Peter and Graeme the heads up about what I was going to do. There is a lot of $ involved here... much more than what's been listed in this thread because I haven't been able to get access to their Asian non-English speaking clients. ASIC is doing what they do and they do it quietly but you guys need to remember I only first visited their offices on Feb 7th. It seems like an eternity to those owed money from say September but we might have another year of this for all I know. It's not the case where someone can just show up at Peter and Graeme's houses and demand the $1.5 million owed in this thread, they'll go to the bank and withdraw the cash. So while one person might be concerned about their $300 or $10k, it's all or nothing and you're all in it together. The trickle payments of a little here and a little there are gone. Whether something will come out of this eventually, who knows, but you have people at least trying on your behalf.

On the same note, I notice that no one who is actually owed cash bothered to pay for the documents I mentioned in my last post in here so maybe think long and hard about how much you all actually want your cash back and whether or not this is just a bitch/panic thread or a I'm going to try to get my money back thread. If you're willing to just hand over the whole thing to me and the others trying to help you then so be it... when we have an update we'll tell you. But if you want to keep questioning what's going on, maybe spend the $ now yourselves to get an idea instead of relying on me and others to keep spending our money to do it for you.

As for how to prove you're owed cash, if by some chance they're stupid enough to destroy their master records, I was told that a statutory declaration by each client will be used in that case.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply, and tradeout

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Shari, do you know where I can find documents you mentioned, I already search across ASIC site earlier but didn't find, do you have a link?

GuybrushT

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    ASIC won't give an official statement - if ever - on this case until it's over with. That's not how they work. The only reason we know at all that they're investigating this is because myself and a few other people in this thread are in contact with them. They're not stupid like I was - or even the Gambling Commission - and made comments that gave Peter and Graeme the heads up about what I was going to do. There is a lot of $ involved here... much more than what's been listed in this thread because I haven't been able to get access to their Asian non-English speaking clients. ASIC is doing what they do and they do it quietly but you guys need to remember I only first visited their offices on Feb 7th. It seems like an eternity to those owed money from say September but we might have another year of this for all I know. It's not the case where someone can just show up at Peter and Graeme's houses and demand the $1.5 million owed in this thread, they'll go to the bank and withdraw the cash. So while one person might be concerned about their $300 or $10k, it's all or nothing and you're all in it together. The trickle payments of a little here and a little there are gone. Whether something will come out of this eventually, who knows, but you have people at least trying on your behalf.

On the same note, I notice that no one who is actually owed cash bothered to pay for the documents I mentioned in my last post in here so maybe think long and hard about how much you all actually want your cash back and whether or not this is just a bitch/panic thread or a I'm going to try to get my money back thread. If you're willing to just hand over the whole thing to me and the others trying to help you then so be it... when we have an update we'll tell you. But if you want to keep questioning what's going on, maybe spend the $ now yourselves to get an idea instead of relying on me and others to keep spending our money to do it for you.

As for how to prove you're owed cash, if by some chance they're stupid enough to destroy their master records, I was told that a statutory declaration by each client will be used in that case.

Thank you for your answer.

About the document that need to be paid? What documents we need, and how much we must pay for them? Let as know, I'm willing to pay a bit, and I'm sure other users will do the same, if we know that we will have some help from that documents (but I have my doubts, if is all in ASIC's hands, even if we get all the needed documents, what we can do with them? ASIC surely have much more documents in their hands).

And for the "how to prove how much they own us" matter, at least we can prove how much we've deposited in Canbet (with bank statement, Monebookers history etc.). Of course, here we can only prove how much we've deposited (without the eventual winnings in the bookie), but is always something.

lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2238

hi shari what documents , surely all accounts and their details will be with ASICS ?, but am following your lead as you are the one that is giving us any hope, thanks once again , liam casey

shari91

Hey guys - just to clarify re the documents: Remember back in Feb/March their receiver was PWC and people started to ask the UK Gambling Commission for proof that they had the $ they claimed to have when the Gambling Commiss stated they were assured from a third party auditor that Canbet could cover their debt and that's why they allowed them to keep accepting deposits and operate. After that another receiver was appointed - HallChadwick - and that is the one who was brought in to wrap up IGAS not just Canbet. ASIC was waiting on those documents from HallChadwick to see what the real financial position of IGAS is and was throughout that time. Those docs are available on the ASIC website.

pajo1206

Well I ask what we others can do to help all together. I believe that most of the people here have same opinion. But we have to coordinate our forces. If everyone go for himself, we will just waste our energy.
    So, Shari you are very deep in subject for long time. If you want you can guide us others how to help you.

What kind of documents and from where we need?
    We can also make private communication on other places like skype, viber... so those bastards can not follow us.

But lets do something together.

If we are not active all together then we will quietly lost people during a time. Specially those who have small amounts.

So, give us a guidance in this phase.

Nazarus868
    Nazarus868's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Think she's helping us enough mate to be honest!

G-Bod
    G-Bod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Please can I be added to the Canbet list?

Account number:- 1162937
    Balance:- GBP856

Thanks

pajo1206

What do you think about including Interpol in this? Because we have seen that they take money on purpose and it is clearly money laundering. So, maybe Interpol will be interesting in this as oversee criminal? And there are a few countries involved, and players from all around a world. I will contact Interpol today, and police in my country to find what is needed in this case.
    And people as far time is going away, there is less post and less involvement of us.
    We need to stay together and communicate, understand this.
    So, people be active.

simply
    Update your status

What do you think about including Interpol in this? Because we have seen that they take money on purpose and it is clearly money laundering. So, maybe Interpol will be interesting in this as oversee criminal? And there are a few countries involved, and players from all around a world. I will contact Interpol today, and police in my country to find what is needed in this case.
    And people as far time is going away, there is less post and less involvement of us.
    We need to stay together and communicate, understand this.
    So, people be active.
    Maybe that is good idea, but is Interpol responsible for this kind of cases ? I assume that ASIC will contact Interpol if necessary, but if you get some respond from Interpol, please inform us. I will contact ASIC if they want to tell me something more about investigation progress and documents mentioned here earlier.

pajo1206

Well Interpol have department for international lottery crime.
    I have send them email.
    And now I am waiting for their respond.
    If they ask for more documents I will need your help here.
    And if someone else have more ideas lets do it.

I hope Shari and others will help if Interpol open investigation on this issue.

But than Peter Lord and company will really be hunted all around a world.

simply
    Update your status

I assume that most of people will help if Interpol open investigation about this.

diondublin
    diondublin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Thanks for your efforts, shari
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lcasey

Namechanger
    Namechanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

I accidentally saved over the word document that had my Canbet screenshot on. Is there anyway to recover it? (I haven`t restarted the computer yet)

simply
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Namechanger View Post
    I accidentally saved over the word document that had my Canbet screenshot on. Is there anyway to recover it? (I haven`t restarted the computer yet)
    Maybe system restore option can help, but not sure

nurmix
    nurmix's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for efforts, Shari. Me and others (i guess) would be happy to have a whip-round for the cost you are spending. Just give us details so we can send you a lil money.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by nurmix View Post
    Thanks for efforts, Shari. Me and others (i guess) would be happy to have a whip-round for the cost you are spending. Just give us details so we can send you a lil money.
    That's very lovely and generous of you but as I've said before I don't want a thing for trying to help you guys out. My intention when I first jumped in this thread was purely to do some recon because I was able to visit their offices and I was surprised no one else had done it before then. This week has been a case of a bit of phone tag with ASIC and then answering questions for clarification but to be honest they keep things really close to their chest and this one woman in particular that I've talked to a few times this week is like a vault. She kind of reminds me of that red-haired woman from the Weakest Link a bit... as soon as she gets whatever answer she's after she zips up and I'm sat there wondering wtf is going on and a bit intimidated actually. But on the plus side she's obviously a no-nonsense woman so as long as she applies that to Peter and Graeme I'm willing to deal with crapping my pants each time I talk to her.

As for the Interpol stuff, of course I'd help in any way I can if someone gets that started but I can't spearhead that one. My hands are beyond full with my child, work and this ASIC stuff so I don't want to take something else on and potentially drop the ball. Any assistance I can provide I'd be more than willing to though. Just got to keep hanging in there guys. As long as they're still calling me and others, it's still alive with ASIC. If/When the calls stop, that's when we need to really focus on Plan G or whatever we're up to now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply, guppyboy, lcasey, and eddie701

simply
    Update your status

ASIC support told me that they are not able to told me something more about this case and that I should seek independent advice through an ASIC registered agent. I am not sure how to do that. Did anyone try to get some info from ASIC about this case?

lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2238

thanks

thanks Shari ,being over here in UK you have given us that little bit of hope, like i said before,i,mm owed £3000 and there will definitely be a % for you ,I know you say you are not doing it for anything,but you will deserve it and you can always put it by for the kiddie, thanks once again for your efforts and keeping us all posted , liam

Namechanger
    Namechanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Is it going to be a problem if I don`t now have a screenshot ?

littlejon2012
    littlejon2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

List

Hi, could you please add me to the list:
    Account: 1151004
    1159 GBP

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27702

Quote Originally Posted by Namechanger View Post
    Is it going to be a problem if I don`t now have a screenshot ?
    Shari already answered this question. If it ever gets to the point where 'they' are asking for proof of what you are owed, you can swear out a statutory declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

pajo1206

OK. People I also push this think further and I send a letter to Skrill about money laundering. Because it was clearly money laundering i case of Canbet. So, they answer me today. They will also make investigation.
    I will not go further on topic of Skrill, but I need someone who is maybe in contact with some police body that already lead investigation.
    If there is such person. Send me personal message.

simply
    Update your status

OK. People I also push this think further and I send a letter to Skrill about money laundering. Because it was clearly money laundering i case of Canbet. So, they answer me today. They will also make investigation.
    I will not go further on topic of Skrill, but I need someone who is maybe in contact with some police body that already lead investigation.
    If there is such person. Send me personal message.
    I warned Skrill about this in last November a couple of times, but every time they told me that they will contact me when receive respond from canbet. I assume that canbet didn't respond on their queries,because I have no respond from Skrill yet.

shanke7
    shanke7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Hi, could you please add me to the list:
    Account: 1156854
    2358 EUR

Big thanks, I hope a good end for us

First ... 37383940414243 ... Last