ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51485

Yes, live chat not working and grading wagers very slowly is annoying, but things do seem to be trending upward so hopefully it keeps up!

kero214
    kero214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Quote Originally Posted by playz View Post
    Some points:

- They need to get live chat actually working
    - They need to grade quicker
    - They need an instant way to get fund on with a **, If bookmaker can use **, why not betmaker when they are the same company.
    - They need to work on fees.
    - They need a mobile site that works.
    I used a ** to deposit $500 yesterday no problems
    Last edited by shari91; 03-21-11 at 06:09 AM.

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

this is a huge opportunity for them to fill a vacuum

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 55 View Post
    I have transferred from DSI and bookmaker to betmaker, it worked fine, it is free. Betmaker is interesting, it definitely has potential.

There will be a nice influx of money coming to them over the next few weeks, sounds like you're prepared.

todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    If true that would be great. I was a little anxious when it said the 2% was only temporary, and could be increased at any time.
    2% is for good. They will be changing the commission page shortly. I have been assured no more of the complex system,

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Liquidity is improving slowly. I got down on $600 again today at a decent price. Last week, I got nothing. Still a long ways to go, though.......
    I got down $1400 on the Dayton ML today (Hopefully it will fair better than my other bet) and I took about $500 at a price that was posted - and the rest got filled before game time. Progress.

Some points: - They need to get live chat actually working - They need to grade quicker - They need an instant way to get fund on with a **, If bookmaker can use **, why not betmaker when they are the same company. - They need to work on fees. - They need a mobile site that works.
    They do need a live chat - but dont forget - they have a phone # where you can actually speak to someone - who speaks english!

Funding with a ** does work as far as I know. But they have *************** also. First one takes 7 days - but after that its immediate. (Well.. about 30 mins) But thats better than Matchbook was they had no immediate way to fund for a guy who wakes up on Sunday morning and wants to bet on the Detroit Lions

Fees are 2% win tax - Thats perfect imo. Maybe if we work on giving them some volume, they will do even more?

Practice site is in the works - so maybe a mobile too.. But like I was told those are not the primary areas that need to be addressed at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sdtrader View Post
    How often do they leave games open for live betting? Everytime I look there is nothing.
    Right now - just football and golf. But they have a few market makers who will be doing basketball, baeball, and hockey who are currently designing programs to work on their API.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-21-11 at 06:10 AM.

omahamoneymaker
    omahamoneymaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have noticed the dreaded gray screen at times when the lines won't load. Not sure if this has always been a problem for them or if they are not set up for more users that they are getting I would assume.

I wish there was a setting or if they could just get rid of the games that have already started that they aren't offering in game wagering on, it just clutters things up.

omahamoneymaker

In my few weeks the couple of things that I have noticed compared to matchbook.

If there is a line change you can usually swoop in and get a better price on a line then you could at matchbook. Within seconds of a line change you had to be on it at matchbook if you were going to get in at a good price. This isn't so at BM.

On the other hand i got in on some under's yesterday for example an under 158 at -106. Game went down to 156 and I couldn't get anyone to take any under 158 at -115. So, currently don't expect to make any change doing that. Sometimes it works but not often enough that you can lock in profits. On the flip side of that. I took an o/u at -105 525 for 500 and turned around and took the other side at +115 480 for 552. The nice thing about BM is that they only charge you the 2% on the net winning of this not off your winning wager. Thats a bit of a bonus compared to MB unless you were able to get someone to take your offer on both sides which isn't too likely.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes, keeping the "suspended" markets up is just annoying imo, wish there was a way to get rid of them. Really hoping more people are gravitating here from matchbook...

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

todd, I don't really agree that the 2% of profit commission is perfect. For baseball, that's no better than a dime line; and given the liquidity issues (even if it ramps up some, it will never be massive), there's no real advantage to using betmaker over 5dimes, bet jam, etc., for baseball....unless you are extremely small and passive with your orders.

I am rooting for betmaker to succeed, but I think competitive pricing for baseball and for withdrawal fees are critical first steps.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Dimeline is a 102.4% market around evens, betmaker is 100.8% if you have liquidity.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should get the market makers that where thrown out of matchbook to put up lines in the NBA
    Whoever u are

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by omahamoneymaker View Post
    If there is a line change you can usually swoop in and get a better price on a line then you could at matchbook. Within seconds of a line change you had to be on it at matchbook if you were going to get in at a good price. This isn't so at BM.

This is very true. There was Sacramento Kings moneyline +550 and +510 for about $300 each when Pinnacle was New Orleans -490 about 10 minutes ago.....

Mistongo
    4/6 pick 6 expert
    Mistongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Ive been using them for horse racing and I had no problems so far. liquidty is ok during the day not so good for night racing.

todd73nj

I have noticed the dreaded gray screen at times when the lines won't load. Not sure if this has always been a problem for them or if they are not set up for more users that they are getting I would assume.

I wish there was a setting or if they could just get rid of the games that have already started that they aren't offering in game wagering on, it just clutters things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yes, keeping the "suspended" markets up is just annoying imo, wish there was a way to get rid of them. Really hoping more people are gravitating here from matchbook...
    I def agree with this - when I talk to them next week I will suggest this. They are supposed to be getting me some banners for my website - so that will be a great time to get this in. As far as the gray screen... never seen that and Ive been logged in there 24 hours a day recently.

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    Dimeline is a 102.4% market around evens, betmaker is 100.8% if you have liquidity.
    And liquidity will take some time - alot of people dont even have their MB money yet (me being one of them) - so Im not adding more money to my gambling budget. I just threw a little in there and Im waiting to get paid to add more. But the 2nd *************** was immediate for me.

Did you guys notice the quick NCAA closeouts yesterday? That was much much better.

Some good golf markets up - And it looks like golf will stay live for the final round!

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

they should link up the poker room and other offerings bookmaker has to attract more gamblers to betmaker

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistongo View Post
    Ive been using them for horse racing and I had no problems so far. liquidty is ok during the day not so good for night racing.
    Been awesome for horses so far ...

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I will be more than thrilled if they settle in on the 2%. made my head hurt reading all that garbage about different commissions etc. Pick a price and then stick with that. make it reduced for baseball.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes if they keep it at 2% and liquidity keeps improving, pretty soon we'll all be over Matchbook leaving!

omahamoneymaker

Well, Made my first mistake at Betmaker. Had been doing this for years at Matchbook with very few mistakes. Went in to the live golf yesterday right when the tournament was getting started for the final round. I thought DLeonard wouldn't be able to hang on with so many other's right on his heels. DL has a history of bad final rounds.... Anyway I was in a hurry and thought I would see if anyone had some good odds and I see +5000 against DL. I wasn't even sure how much was sitting there but I thought some sucker made a mistake and I swooped in and snapped it up quickly, so quickly that I didn't notice it was reverse odds. Boom I see -50 in red for Dustin Leonard and a small green 1 for all the other golfers. I knew quickly that I had made a mistake. When I bet against DL the odds shown are +5000 but are actually -5000 for him to lose. Ended up winning a buck so not a big deal and was lucky that my mistake only ended up risking $50 it could have been much worse.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by cloudagh View Post
    I will be more than thrilled if they settle in on the 2%. made my head hurt reading all that garbage about different commissions etc. Pick a price and then stick with that. make it reduced for baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Yes if they keep it at 2% and liquidity keeps improving, pretty soon we'll all be over Matchbook leaving!
    The 2% is a done deal - and 2.4% for horses. Its just a matter of when they are get around to changing the pages. I was assured of that. That other system was a night mare for sure.

Well, Made my first mistake at Betmaker. Had been doing this for years at Matchbook with very few mistakes. Went in to the live golf yesterday right when the tournament was getting started for the final round. I thought DLeonard wouldn't be able to hang on with so many other's right on his heels. DL has a history of bad final rounds.... Anyway I was in a hurry and thought I would see if anyone had some good odds and I see +5000 against DL. I wasn't even sure how much was sitting there but I thought some sucker made a mistake and I swooped in and snapped it up quickly, so quickly that I didn't notice it was reverse odds. Boom I see -50 in red for Dustin Leonard and a small green 1 for all the other golfers. I knew quickly that I had made a mistake. When I bet against DL the odds shown are +5000 but are actually -5000 for him to lose. Ended up winning a buck so not a big deal and was lucky that my mistake only ended up risking $50 it could have been much worse.
    I was trading some golf to yesterday - and I admit I saw some of those offers and I had to look at them - and actually click on them and read what appeared on the bet slip on the right. The only time that I will have the "For and Against" box checked off is in multiple entry events like that. I prefer to have the for and against box unchecked off so it shows the two teams and not duplicate diagonal odds.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

What takes them so long to change the wording on a single page? They should hurry the hell up and update it.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Todd,
    Ask them to combine Bookmaker/betmaker balances.

If they say they don't want to do that as many -110 bettors dont know about betmaker, fine. Then ask them to combine at the players request.

Liquidity would go through the roof.

playz
    playz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does betmaker work on any Droid phones?

playz

Liquidity for NBA tonight is aweful

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Liquidity for NBA tonight is aweful

Give it 1-2 more weeks......significant money coming shortly.

playz

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Give it 1-2 more weeks......significant money coming shortly.
    how do you know this?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

how do you know this?

he's going to deposit his Matchbook closing withdrawal

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

At this point Betmaker's liquidity is still pathetic, at some cases less that $100 on NBA game. It seems to go up on big events like SA-Miami but that is about it. Hockey numbers are flat out awful. Cris should advertise this thing somehow, there is huge market share out there to be grabbed! Let's see how things will be when baseball starts. We really all should go there and start to push up that liquidity!

omahamoneymaker

FH is correct. I for one am waiting on 20k from matchbook and will turn a portion of that into my Betmaker account. I am sure there are plenty others waiting to do the same thing. I have been getting down 2k per day with ease. Don't have much more in my account just yet so not sure how much I could get down. Be patient, things will improve. I got down 2k on Duke the other day at -3.5 with no problem.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Liquidity was very disappointing today honestly. Couldn't get even $100 on some bets which would have been arbs compared to Pinnacle! Hope things pick up.

fido007
    fido007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMozart View Post
    At this point Betmaker's liquidity is still pathetic, at some cases less that $100 on NBA game. It seems to go up on big events like SA-Miami but that is about it. Hockey numbers are flat out awful. Cris should advertise this thing somehow, there is huge market share out there to be grabbed! Let's see how things will be when baseball starts. We really all should go there and start to push up that liquidity!
    We should get them to post the baseball before 4PM the day before.Sometimes there are big changes right after the lines come out which makes a bet into a no bet

Stacocakes
    Stacocakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Thanks for the updates guys. Hopefully a new exchange comes along if Betmaker can't fill the void because matchbook's non-existant inplay markets have been killing me the last two weeks.Need another out bad

todd73nj

The key to this is when Matchbook pays people. I myself have only 2 significant account, Matchbook and 5 Dimes. And until I get my money from Matchbook, Im not really willing to carry a huge balance at Betmaker. And its not at all because I dont trust my money there - or because the liquidity is low right now - its because I dont want to increase the amount of money I have tied up in gambling sites as a while. And Im sure what Im saying goes for alot of you guys too. Fh and Omaha said pretty much the same thing.

I got down some good positions on some NCAA the other day, but last night NBA was very disappointing.

This is going to take some time

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

deleted

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

The real test will be in baseball season. That is where Matchbook had lots of liquidity and were many of its users were most active. I suspect that if there is a big bump in money on Betmaker then you will also see NBA playoff games where there are deep pools too. Let's hope that the NCAA championship weekend combined with NBA playoffs around the corner maybe that will be the jumping off point all of the former Matchbook users are hoping for.

I also think Todd has some very solid points about money tied up in MB and those waiting for those funds before they move over to Betmaker. April 2nd can't get here soon enough.

First 1234567 ... Last