Rikki
    Rikki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

When a company goes bankrupt the administrator will scrutinize all payments in the year proceeding the bankruptcy and can try to retrieve those payments if they are deemed unfair (ie if they have been paid to a relative or associate). Just an idea but Canbet may have no intention of selling and is delaying administration in order to get to the magic year threshold so any money transferred out cannot be retrieved. Considering the length of time problems have been going on for this might not be too far away. A number of people (myself included) have judgments against Canbet and for a fee can apply to force them into bankruptcy early. Wonder what peoples thoughts are on this?

brammy724
    brammy724's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

so important info that i need

Quote Originally Posted by FENDER1 View Post
    It could do. If its proved that he did something wrong at Canbet, then he could be banned from being a Company director with any other Company. Its time for one of Mr Lord"s famous emails assuring us that all will be well.
    Hi sorry i wouldnt bother you but i need information about Graeme white Peter Lord Canbet or result international what happened about them because i was thinking to work with them i have no idea what is going on if someone would tell information about them i would be really happy now i started to worry...! it is going to so important info about me.

brammy724
    brammy724's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I need info about one of company which has operated in Australia. Canbet and Result

Hi Guys,

sorry i wouldnt bother you but i need information about Graeme white Peter Lord Canbet or result international what happened about them because i was thinking to work with them i have no idea what is going on if someone would tell information about them i would be really happy now i started to worry...! it is going to so important info about me.

IF SOMEONE WOULD TRY TO INFORM ME I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY

REGARDS

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

If you are serious about working for them you may as well just forget all about it. They're no longer in business.
    If you need information on the company, contact the Australian Securities Commission but I doubt that will do you any good either.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Quote Originally Posted by brammy724 View Post
    Hi Guys,

sorry i wouldnt bother you but i need information about Graeme white Peter Lord Canbet or result international what happened about them because i was thinking to work with them i have no idea what is going on if someone would tell information about them i would be really happy now i started to worry...! it is going to so important info about me.

REGARDS
    Hi Brammy,

Which company name are you planning to start work for? In which country? And what is your role expected to be?

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Hi Guys,

REGARDS

Brammy, presumably you have had contact with someone from Results International? If so, as Optional has suggested, it would be interesting to know who you've spoken to.

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Has anyone recently received a bonus email from another book closely resembling Canbet? One Canbet customer did a couple of weeks ago, so it would be interesting to know if that was purely random, or if there's something a little more sinister going on. Please check your spam folders.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

Quote Originally Posted by mojobullfrog View Post
    Has anyone recently received a bonus email from another book closely resembling Canbet? One Canbet customer did a couple of weeks ago, so it would be interesting to know if that was purely random, or if there's something a little more sinister going on. Please check your spam folders.
    I'm pretty sure the offer you are referring to came from Mark Read's markread.com.au Hong Kong betting site.

When Read sold out of IAS, I think he maintained some sort of connection with Canbet for a while at least.

Readbet.com.au which was ostensibly his niece's operation seemed to be sharing support staff (and presumably premises) with Canbet.

When he started up his HK site I was sent an email welcoming me as a customer and advising I had an account with the same login number and password as the one I had at Canbet! But this operation has been going for a while now and predates the Canbet problems become apparent. I wouldn't suggest that this is indicative of anything "sinister".

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27714

Hi Guys,

REGARDS
    If you worked with Peter Lord or Graeme White or Canbet or Result International in the past, or if you know someone that did work for them, please reply to this thread with more information, or by PM to Shari91.

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Hi Guys,

REGARDS
    For more informatin you can read this thread (not all, but posts from this year). Also give us more info about job offered to you. Before about a month ago on canbet.com we had info that canbet will be back soon. What that mean "soon"? A couple of years?
    As we clearly can see a couple of days later canbet site is disappeared from this world, and today is same situation. If I counted good they lied us at least 7 times(mostly to buy some time) in last 6 months, and I just wonder what lie they prepared for this month.

ThomasKerrRP
    ThomasKerrRP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I'm a journalist with the Racing Post in London. I've been looking into the Gambling Commission's response to Canbet and would like to speak to anyone UK-based who has been left out of pocket. If you'd like to talk please get in contact at thomas.kerr@racingpost.com

Best wishes,
    Tom

simply
    Update your status
    simply's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1411

Here was number of UK-based people, so someone would be ready to talk, hopefully.

marinemonk
    marinemonk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKerrRP View Post
    I'm a journalist with the Racing Post in London. I've been looking into the Gambling Commission's response to Canbet and would like to speak to anyone UK-based who has been left out of pocket. If you'd like to talk please get in contact at thomas.kerr@racingpost.com

Best wishes,
    Tom
    I hope your gunning for them and write a suitably damning article as they clearly are as much use as a chocolate teapot !

Aitch2
    Aitch2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thomas, I have emailed you but not received a response. I'm based just outside London and am happy to assist.

the unheardof
    the unheardof's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by marinemonk View Post
    I hope your gunning for them and write a suitably damning article as they clearly are as much use as a chocolate teapot !
    Im pretty sure they will. Just done a wee phone interview with them and we both agreed that they're useless. The Racing Post will be doing their publication on the subject in roughly 2 weeks so I'l be looking out for that. Hopefully the Rt Hon Maria Miller MP, Secretary of State for Media, Culture & Sport will tear through the GC like a tornado as I have been informed from my local MP that my concerns & experiences have been raised with her and hopefully several other folks concerns have also dropped onto her desk.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: shari91, VIRTUAL DAVE, bancoricardo, and simply

MLZ3211
    MLZ3211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

You having a laugh with Maria Miller?

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by MLZ3211 View Post
    You having a laugh with Maria Miller?
    I dont think it was deliberate or perhaps even realised, but yes he's having a larf

the unheardof

MLZ3211 & Chachi,

The Gambling Commission's role in this whole sorry mess (to borrow a phrase from your dictionaries) is certainly no "larfing" matter. Now Maria Miller, like it or not is in the role she is in. So if either of you are UK based and happen to be owed money from Canbet, why don't you do the same and get your beef (if any) with the Gambling Commission made aware to the politicians here in the UK? Strength in depth and all that. You never know she may go up in your estimations if enough pressure can be applied on the GC. Then again probably not. Who knows. Fonzie be praised.
    Last edited by the unheardof; 04-07-14 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

pareto12
    next bookie to go down the can?
    pareto12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

I assume the Directors are still paying themselves renumerations/salaries whilst Canbet remains out of administration. Once all the money has been depleted by renumerations, expenses, legal fees etc, then the company goes into administration.

Last edited by pareto12; 04-08-14 at 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

That's the argument for someone owed sufficient enough money to qualify to be able to issue a winding-up petition to go ahead and do it. Wipes out any prospect of money from a sale, but who thinks that is a realistic outcome now anyway?

chachi
    Lazy Git

Quote Originally Posted by the unheardof View Post
    MLZ3211 & Chachi,

The Gambling Commission's role in this whole sorry mess (to borrow a phrase from your dictionaries) is certainly no "larfing" matter. Now Maria Miller, like it or not is in the role she is in. So if either of you are UK based and happen to be owed money from Canbet, why don't you do the same and get your beef (if any) with the Gambling Commission made aware to the politicians here in the UK? Strength in depth and all that. You never know she may go up in your estimations if enough pressure can be applied on the GC. Then again probably not. Who knows. Fonzie be praised.
    I don't live in the UK anymore but did for about fifteen years, and distinctly remember perusing the changes to gambling law and the commission and laughing out loud when it was clear that segregated accounts and certified customer account audits were not newly added licensing requirements. The GC is toothless for non-UK based operations in reality.

vook
    vook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

(wrong thread)

JayZ

Maria Miller has gone.

the unheardof

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    Maria Miller has gone.
    Yeah seen it in the paper this morning. I'm sure a new Culture Secretary will be appointed very soon. This however does not alter the fact that the more people that complain to the powers that be here in this country regarding the GC, then the more likely it is that something will be done about them. This is a global thread and I am ashamed of the fact that as a UK national, the GC continue to operate here in their current form. Its embarrassing.

JayZ

Replaced by Sajid Javid, who was a banker with Chase Manhattan and Deutsche before going into politics, and his previous job was Financial Secretary to the Treasury. So he ought to know about money ...

chachi
    Lazy Git

And he should be firmly behind forcing a change to segregation and separate handling of funds

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Hey guys - A poster by the name of bostonboss will now be taking over everything for you. He told me I failed at helping you guys so hopefully he can sort it all out! He's not in Australia so I'm not sure how he's supposed to deal with out lawyer I met with yesterday or ASIC but I'm sure he'll work it out. Good luck and please refer all enquiries to bostonboss.

GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Hey guys - A poster by the name of bostonboss will now be taking over everything for you. He told me I failed at helping you guys so hopefully he can sort it all out! He's not in Australia so I'm not sure how he's supposed to deal with out lawyer I met with yesterday or ASIC but I'm sure he'll work it out. Good luck and please refer all enquiries to bostonboss.
    Thank you bostonboss for being such a jerk!

Shari I'm sorry that some people cannot show a bit of gratitude. And you deserve tones of it!!!

paybk99
    paybk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Hi!ShariPlease dont do this. I've a great hope on you. I know you dont have any penny with canbet but still you did so
    much for us. Please keep this on. I've applied for my Australian **** and will take about 3-4 months to be there.
    There is no way we can let Peter go. Please, keep up the good work.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27714

You've helped us plenty Shari, we know more now than we did before. And we got the story out there so people know Peter Lord and company for what they are.

You have not failed us, you were still working on it, as you said you met with the lawyer yesterday. We appreciate all that you are doing for us, please keep helping us.

In fact it is impossible for you to fail us. Our money was gone before you got involved. It's not your responsibility to get it back, I appreciate the fact that you even care! I appreciate that you have tried. You have helped to give us a voice otherwise Peter Lord would have quietly gotten away with this without hardly a peep from us.

I am asking you to please continue to help us, please stay the course. At least lets see where taking this to the lawyer and the ASIC accomplishes. Maybe you will help make some changes in the industry and online gambling will be safer for everyone.

I really do appreciate all you have done for us so far, but it's up to you whether you continue to help us out or not. So for everything you have done for us to date I do thank you.
    Last edited by Krashman; 04-11-14 at 07:11 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GuybrushT

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Don't let that dickweed get under your skin.

Been wondering why he hasn't been banned for a while the way he attacks everyone and every thing incessantly.

vook
    vook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Who cares about ''bostonboss''???? Come on shari, keep up the good work...

Lisa
    Lisa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

I find that extremely bizarre.

There must have been an incredible amount of hard work done by Shari, and perhaps real money involved with lawyers. 99.9% of people have been very supportive and grateful, even going as far to promise cuts of money should the action be successful.

And yet, it's all going to be given up because of a heckler on an internet forum?

I don't know you, Shari, but from the tone of your writing, I thought you were better than that. I hope you are kidding.

If you are giving up I would appreciate a PM with any classified information that has been uncovered, which hasn't been safe to put in on here. I have taken the Gambling Commission to a tribunal in the UK to secure the release of the remaining information, which may prove helpful in any upcoming action (although the timelines are extremely long - perhaps 1 year).

I feel that I've got a very good case already, but there may be further information that may strengthen my case further.

Don't think I haven't contributed - I'm responsible for the original FOI request which brought out further internal documents into the public domain. So far, no-one else has come forward on the whatdotheyknow site to add requests for further angles, which I find very disappointing.

jes1981
    jes1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    Replaced by Sajid Javid, who was a banker with Chase Manhattan and Deutsche before going into politics, and his previous job was Financial Secretary to the Treasury. So he ought to know about money ...
    This guy will be just a stand in until they get around to having a cabinet reshuffle. He'll talk the talk but do barely anything and then someone else will take the job for a while.

GuybrushT
    GuybrushT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

Last edited by GuybrushT; 04-12-14 at 06:03 AM.

First ... 33343536373839 ... Last