Lisa
    Lisa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Hello guys. I am David Smith, I did the original FOI request on the whatdotheyknow site.

I'm going to word an appeal to the IOC in an attempt to get more information out in the air, so to speak.

If I could ask some of you to also make requests? More genuine requests will help the cause, as a judgement in one case will make it very difficult to turn down other requests if they are reliant on the same defence.

Because the process takes so long, we need new requests. For instance, I submitted mine in January, since then we have had Bodugi and Globet failures of relevance. Investigations into the downfall of these would be handy.

You will get turned down if you ask for information already in the public domain, so you have to think of something new, but there is plenty, ie minutes of meetings, internal emails, emails from a specific person regarding an issue. You have to be specific (so not to overrun the cost limit) and also patient, it'll probably take about two months from start to finished internal review.

Don't let emotion get too much in the way, we need to use the law to fight our cause and release as much information as it can.

In the small picture, this won't change much. We are not likely to get any money from Canbet or anyone else. In the bigger picture, this may lead to reorganisation of the GC itself in a way more favourable for punters. It is laughable that a regulator can say 'oh, we can't take away their licence, because then they are not likely to pay the customers'. Basically meaning once a book has a licence, there is a way to 'play' the regulator (like Canbet did). A total failure of the regulatory system.

Maargs
    Maargs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

intertesting

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14086

so sad to see this once great book fail. then lie and cheat customers.

fidelio
    fidelio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1220

If were not going to get paid as per the Directors emails there could be a personal prosecution for Fraud.

samuelson
    samuelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I'm owed a lot of money by these guys and they need to know bad things will happen to them and they will pay the price. I'm not threatening violence but damage, damage worth a lot more than I'm owed on something they own.

eddie701
    eddie701's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    Well it's not a German owned company.

And, this isn't WWIII.

It's only money.
    What, I cant concentrate on what your saying, that girls open top is too much of a distraction.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27702

Quote Originally Posted by eddie701 View Post
    What, I cant concentrate on what your saying, that girls open top is too much of a distraction.
    You know, I try to be taken seriously here and you guys just stare at my !

CPGagie
    CPGagie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Hi, please add me to the list. I don't know for sure 'exactly' how much is in my account as I can't access their site, but I know it's a little over £1000.

Acc No - 1105464
    Balance - £1000+

Husband in Australia, and he's fuming about this. Hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Wish I'd just lost the money on the horses now.

StickyIcky
    StickyIcky's Avatar Become A Pro!

i happened to have some family in Goa on holiday recently and asked them to go to Delta Corp premises when canbet where saying that all correspondence should be forwarded to them. I would be interested if anyone took a screenshot of that holding page and whether they could host it somewhere.

fidelio

Quote Originally Posted by StickyIcky View Post
    i happened to have some family in Goa on holiday recently and asked them to go to Delta Corp premises when canbet where saying that all correspondence should be forwarded to them. I would be interested if anyone took a screenshot of that holding page and whether they could host it somewhere.
    I remember the home page changing in early January this year to the above if this helps anyone source the Delta Corp details.

pareto12
    next bookie to go down the can?
    pareto12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

jes1981
    jes1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

I'M not owed anything luckily but have been following this out of interest because it was just by luck that I didn't wind up,with a giant balance in here. Anyway, I just wanted to question whether Sharri has been paid off. She seemed very enthusiastic and has now gone very quiet.

Also I think you need to focus on the fact that a crime has been committed here and act accordingly. Forget about the GC, you've been robbed pretty much. What would you normally do in that situation?

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

Quote Originally Posted by jes1981 View Post
    I'M not owed anything luckily but have been following this out of interest because it was just by luck that I didn't wind up,with a giant balance in here. Anyway, I just wanted to question whether Sharri has been paid off. She seemed very enthusiastic and has now gone very quiet.

Also I think you need to focus on the fact that a crime has been committed here and act accordingly. Forget about the GC, you've been robbed pretty much. What would you normally do in that situation?
    Despicable!

Read Shari's post (#1126) you fool.

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by jes1981 View Post
    I just wanted to question whether Sharri has been paid off. She seemed very enthusiastic and has now gone very quiet.
    Booo. Go away you lowlife troll!

VIRTUAL DAVE
    VIRTUAL DAVE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

you pratt.

StickyIcky
    StickyIcky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pareto12 View Post
    that is a direct link to the delta corp web site unless im missing something? i wanted a screeny of when Canbet were saying that Delat corp owned them and correspondence should be sent to them

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

This one has the Delta stuff on it:

http://web.archive.org/web/201402080...ww.canbet.com/

rogerh
    rogerh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I received this reply from the DCMS:

Ministerial Support Team

Department of Culture, Media and Sport

4th Floor, 100 Parliament Street
    London SW1A 2BQ
    T: 020 7211 6000F: 020 7211 6309

Thank you for your email of the 13 February regarding Canbet and the Gambling Commission. We are sorry to read of the problems you and others are facing regarding Canbet.

The role of the Gambling Commission as the regulator of commercial gambling in the UK,is to look at the suitability (including the financial circumstances) of a gambling operator.However they do not oversee the day to day running, or monitor the financial health operators directly in real time. This would impose significant expense, and provide customers with a false sense of security. The Commission focusses on whether operators are ensuring that the terms and conditions that their customers sign up to are fair and open.

It is a matter for the regulator if an operator takes bets from players in circumstances where they are not likely to be able to pay out, or if an operator is deliberately or recklessly misleading players. However, issues over good customer service and delays in paying customers are not primarily a regulatory matter.

It is important that players understand that they are playing and investing at their own risk. There is no guarantee as to the rate at which funds are repaid to players against insolvency if an operator runs into financial difficulty. It may interest you to know this case is not the first to demonstrate the significant gap that exists between the level of protection that customers assume they might receive for their gambling deposits and the actual level of protection afforded.

The Gambling Commission were consulting on the issue of trying to prevent loss to players in the event of operators going into insolvency, before this specific case began.
    The Commission was looking into introducing trust or indemnity arrangements, or how they might help close the gap in perception, for example by requiring operators to put more information about whether and how they protect deposits in the public domain as a condition of holding an operating licence. They will be reporting on the outcome of that consultation shortly.

I hope that this is helpful,

Ministerial Support Team
    26 March 2014

(Well, no, it isn't helpful.)

mojobullfrog
    mojobullfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

We shouldn't be surprised. Both the GC and Department of Culture, Media and Sport can dress up their position with elaborate turns of phrase, anyway they like. The fact remains that both suffer from a pronounced inability to help protect innocent people from the clutches of rogue bookmakers. In the GC's case - bookmakers they license and receive annual payments from. If this is not a conflict of interest, then I don't know what is.

Meanwhile, the directors responsible for your lost funds remain unaccountable for these actions. Even if we gave them the benefit of the doubt in every way, the fact is the buck stopped with them. And as such the full weight of Australian Law should be applied. The question remains, will it? Or will they find a way to weasel their way out like many other so-called Australian 'high flyers' have done before them?

Those of you who have been following this episode for the past few months (in my case I've known about their practices for significantly longer), are well aware that Peter Lord has most likely been checking this thread regularly. This is indeed the reason Shari has limited her responses of late. The last thing we want to do is to give Peter Lord and Graeme White a leg up on potential new courses of action. In an ideal world, the investigative process would have been done and dusted by now. Alas, this is not the case, so we all have to take a deep breath and wait until we hear more regarding ASIC's investigation.

In the meantime, here's a message for you Peter Lord. You know who I am, and irrespective of what comes of you and Graeme White, I will always have the utter most contempt for both of you. I'm not sure if you still have access to your conscience, but if you do, I hope it ensures every night is a sleepless one. Because in the end, is screwing others for personal gain the kind of world you want your kids to grow up in?

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of people whose money you have allegedly 'mismanaged'.
    Last edited by mojobullfrog; 03-27-14 at 11:24 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Aitch, GuybrushT, simply, lcasey, and guppyboy

Namechanger
    Namechanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Is it worth us reporting to this site :

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/.../itemId/693900

On the ASIC website it says sports betting schemes are outside of their jurisdiction.

MLZ3211
    MLZ3211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Emailed them

On the ASIC website it says sports betting schemes are outside of their jurisdiction.

Filled in a onsite page telling what's going on so will wait and get back to you.

Also getting email addresses together of Australian MPs to mass mail them and see if they will kick their arses.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Namechanger View Post
    Is it worth us reporting to this site :

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/.../itemId/693900

The complaints filed with ASIC have nothing to do with a "sports betting scheme". They could've been selling vacuum cleaners door to door for all it matters. It's to do with company directors fraudulently continuing to do business when they're aware they don't have the funds to do so. I really wish some of you guys would read the whole thread as this has all been discussed already.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lcasey

pajo1206
    pajo1206's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

It is already 3 months in this year that there is no operations by Canbet and we have no withdraws last 3 months in last year. So, it is half of year already. Is there someone that has done something in Australia against this fraud? I mean some police investigation or similar.
    Is there someone from Australia that is in this part of forum and that we can ask to represent us?
    And Shari it is very nice from you what are you doing. Tell us what are next steps that we can help you?
    Another question is that we have to be active on this forum and get more and more information's as possible. I know that we already doing that but as time goes away people start losing faith that we will succeed.
    So, be active.

Fake
    Fake's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please add me to the list:

My Account Number:
    Owed: 3000 € +

Please get in contact if you need anything else.

TARUN
    TARUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

guys whats the latest on canbet, whats happening. shari what are the latest developments. is there any hope

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by TARUN View Post
    guys whats the latest on canbet, whats happening. shari what are the latest developments. is there any hope
    The latest news is in this thread.
    Read Shari's posts ffs!

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by pajo1206 View Post
    It is already 3 months in this year that there is no operations by Canbet and we have no withdraws last 3 months in last year. So, it is half of year already. Is there someone that has done something in Australia against this fraud? I mean some police investigation or similar.
    Is there someone from Australia that is in this part of forum and that we can ask to represent us?
    And Shari it is very nice from you what are you doing. Tell us what are next steps that we can help you?
    Another question is that we have to be active on this forum and get more and more information's as possible. I know that we already doing that but as time goes away people start losing faith that we will succeed.
    So, be active.
    So what have you done? Lurk?

How much are you owed?

You could at least contribute that info.
    Last edited by Krashman; 03-31-14 at 03:52 PM.

benashey79
    benashey79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Just to let everyone know, IGAS have gone back into administration as of 18th March so the possibility of them selling the company assets has not happened.

paybk99
    paybk99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

What is the latest update with AISC.
    What should be the next plan of action. We are more then 300 people who owes with canbet in this thread. Can we start the legal procedure. If 150 of us can contibute $100-$200 we can pay the lawyer fees. I am ready to pay upto $300. At least we should try to
    Put this peter and grahm in jail when we cannot get our mony back. Is there anyone in Australia who can represent us. Shari would be the best. Shari if you are ready. Please make a moneybooker a/c and we can start transferring funds there. Get the Lawyer fees first.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by paybk99 View Post
    What is the latest update with AISC.
    What should be the next plan of action. We are more then 300 people who owes with canbet in this thread. Can we start the legal procedure. If 150 of us can contibute $100-$200 we can pay the lawyer fees. I am ready to pay upto $300. At least we should try to
    Put this peter and grahm in jail when we cannot get our mony back. Is there anyone in Australia who can represent us. Shari would be the best. Shari if you are ready. Please make a moneybooker a/c and we can start transferring funds there. Get the Lawyer fees first.
    ffs! you need to show some patience.
    ASIC has to properly investigate the thing and prepare their case to take to court. Don't hold your breath this could take many months. Probably won't get to court till next year.
    Until they are found guilty of something you have bugger all chance of getting any satisfaction.
    Who are you going to take legal action against in the meantime?
    The company you dealt with has insufficient funds.
    IF the principals are found guilty you have some chance IF they have sufficient funds.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    ffs! you need to show some patience.
    ASIC has to properly investigate the thing and prepare their case to take to court. Don't hold your breath this could take many months. Probably won't get to court till next year.
    Until they are found guilty of something you have bugger all chance of getting any satisfaction.
    Who are you going to take legal action against in the meantime?
    The company you dealt with has insufficient funds.
    IF the principals are found guilty you have some chance IF they have sufficient funds.
    Thanks for explaining it. Again

Guys, I'm not sure how else to phrase it so we're all on the same page but this isn't going to be a quick process. Even if you get your money back - and there's no guarantee of that obviously - we're not talking about some little scammer who owes a couple of thousand $. When you start thinking how long you've already been waiting, you need to remember that I only visited their offices on February 7th. Before that this thread was on it's last legs and dying. It then took a few weeks for us to collect info, await responses from the GC FOI request, meet with the lawyer, etc. Again before Feb 7th this was over and pretty much everyone had given up hope as far as this thread was concerned. You need to keep that timeframe in mind when you start accusing me of being paid off, asking why you haven't heard an update, feel like it's taking too long for your liking, etc.

I realise you really need this money but your case is now sitting with the highest possible agency it can in Australia and this is going to take quite awhile even if they eventually come back and say you're out of luck. They're not going to rush their processes simply to satisfy you, nor would any other govt agency. I'm not sure how else to put this as it seems to keep being lost in translation but I'll try yet again: Just because I'm not posting in here daily it doesn't mean people aren't working behind the scenes. If there is an update of significance to give you, it'll be posted... keeping in mind I've been advised to stop tipping my hand to Peter and Graeme as we don't want to assist them in any way. So many of you have offered me money so I'll keep helping you, cash for a legal fund, etc. 1. I don't want your $ and I sure as f would never take a cent from Peter or Graeme even if I were living on the street. 2. It is pointless to retain a lawyer at this time. The lawyer I met with referred me to ASIC as they have much bigger guns than he could ever fire in court. If there should ever come a time in the future when it's worthwhile to go after P/G in court, we can discuss the start of a legal fund then. As of now - as Hareeba rightly pointed out - it would be useless. Going after an insolvent company will get you $0 and we can't go after Peter and Graeme individually until/if ASIC declares they are to be personally held responsible for their actions while directors of IGAS. Until then you'll just be wasting your $ and time.
    Last edited by shari91; 04-01-14 at 03:54 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: simply, Krashman, and MiloRambaldi

lcasey
    lcasey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2238

thanks once again for your endeavour and work on our behalf with this matter.Absolutely appalled that anyone would accuse you of being in cohoots with peter or graeme . i feel embarrassed that anyone could think that , keep up the great work , sincerely liam casey

fabuweber
    fabuweber's Avatar Become A Pro!

May you add me to the list?

My Account Number:
    Account 1157590
    Owed: 6250 Euros

Please get in contact if you need anything. I have everything documented.

Thanks again!!!

mart sinc
    mart sinc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Thanks again Shari for all your dedicated work on this thread, there must be some ungrateful tossers who would think you would have anything to do with them 2 crooks.

fidelio

Quote Originally Posted by benashey79 View Post
    Just to let everyone know, IGAS have gone back into administration as of 18th March so the possibility of them selling the company assets has not happened.
    As one door starts to close another one starts to open. Jail for the people that stole our money.

First ... 32333435363738 ... Last