Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    GL Gents. Imo, Aldo is a lock if there ever was such a thing in MMA. You should be pounding Aldo at -220, not Fitch at -200....

Ticket#:85533471
    Feb 02 10:15 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jan 29 11:35 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24113] D MAJA +145
    (D MAJA vrs J FITCH)
    $69 /$100
    Ticket#:85687903
    Feb 02 11:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Feb 01 03:26 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24102] J ALDO -220
    (F EDGAR vrs J ALDO)
    $220 /$100
    Not sold either, good luck though. Aldo might cash, at that line it seems like a square play though.

Maia is the worst play on the card.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Not sold either, good luck though. Aldo might cash, at that line it seems like a square play though.

Maia is the worst play on the card.

Ya I am not going to lie, I am second guessing myself after reading how everyone is one Fitch. $$$ is coming in on Fitch, and Maia is now at +160, so I should have waited as Maia will no doubt be at better odds come fight night. I think Green is a worse play, but that's just me. Regarding Aldo, he was at -250, now at -220. I don't think the price is going to get much better.. I cap Aldo at -350, so I see value in Aldo at -220 obviously. Call me crazy, but Aldo is on another level. I have been wrong many times tho.

Sacrelicious

Ok granted, I will give you that, Green is a significantly worse play then Maia.

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

I pick Maia to win

there are gonna be too many sub opportunities in the fight for a guy like maia and he's one of the best in the world

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    I pick Maia to win

there are gonna be too many sub opportunities in the fight for a guy like maia and he's one of the best in the world

Well it seems that you and I are the only ones in the MMA world picking Maia to win. A year ago, I would have bought out of this fight and taken a slight loss after reading everyone else's opinions on this forum, but now I know better. This happened when Chris Brown fought Bigfoot, Jon Jones fought Shogun, and when Jamie Varner fought Barboza.. I am sticking with my gut, Maia take this.
    Last edited by DirtyX; 02-01-13 at 05:17 PM.

Imsmarterthanu

Well it seems that you and I are the only ones in the MMA world picking Maia to win. A year ago, I would have bought out of this fight and taken a slight loss after reading everyone else's opinions on this forum, but now I know better. This happened when Chris Brown fought Bigfoot, Jon Jones fought Shogun, and when Jamie Varner fought Barboza.. I am sticking with my gut, Maia take this.
    lol chris brown you mean travis browne yea me too man im stickin with my instincts i think if it goes to decision Fitch will probably eek it out but theres also a possibility that they give it to maia if he keeps it somewhat close. But the main thing that pulls me is the fact that Fitch is going to be up against a big guy at 170 that can grapple, fitch had trouble grappling with bj penn, i think demian maia is a rank above bj in terms of a pure jui jitsu skillset. If Fitch wants to win he'll have to put himself in a danger zone with 3 rounds i think maia can submit him.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

ha Chris Brown is a legit fighter tho brah! Dont forget he's 1-0...

Imsmarterthanu

Imsmarterthanu

look at the terrified look in the eyes of the black guy on the left i bet he read the shirt wrong lol

Imsmarterthanu

Points Awarded:

Grabaka gave Imsmarterthanu 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Imsmarterthanu

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Gents. Imo, Aldo is a lock if there ever was such a thing in MMA. You should be pounding Aldo at -220, not Fitch at -200....

Ticket#:85533471
    Feb 02 10:15 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Jan 29 11:35 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24113] D MAJA +145
    (D MAJA vrs J FITCH)
    $69 /$100
    Ticket#:85687903
    Feb 02 11:00 PM
    INTERNET / -1 Feb 01 03:26 PM MU STRAIGHT BET
    [24102] J ALDO -220
    (F EDGAR vrs J ALDO)
    $220 /$100
    Isn't that what you said with benavidez over mighty mo??

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn dirty dik....

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

I can't knock you for playing Edgar around +200, but I think Aldo steam rolls Frankie here. If you honestly see Frankie winning this fight amigo, I would love to hear your thoughts of how the fight will go down....

I personally think Aldo is just simply too fast and too skilled. Leg kicks will be key here, and I don't see Frankie avoiding them throughout the duration of a five rounder.. Frankie's boxing and footwork are his strengths and those will be nulified once Aldo starts kicking the shit outta Edgars knobby knees... Aldo ITD / TKO round 2 or 3 is what I predict. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aldo finish him early in the first either. Aldo will make this look easy, watch it happen.
    What if he never gets that distance/rhythm going. Will Frankie be able to enter the pocket and keep the distance? I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Aldo kicks Frankie and ends him in the 1st or 2nd. But his footwork has to be ON POINT. Way easier to have Edgar strategy. I think Aldo round 2 is a good prediction indeed and i think it will be clear in 3 minutes which was the right side.
    IDK frankie can set amazing TDs and if he gets one fast its just downhill for Aldo unless he darts up.
    Did not meant to knock your plays with my comment but of course i disagree Aldo is lock.
    GL amigo!

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

If you're gonna play a Maia by sub prop, just play Maia SOTN. Dana hates Fitch. He'd gladly send $75k Maia's way if he makes that muthaf*cka tap.
    Points Awarded:

Dwil125 gave Educ8d Degener8 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MMAbetMASTA

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Any Tibau backers?
    i like him to muscle dunham to the mat
    on the feet you could give it to either guy.. but dunham doesnt have the ability to starch him before he gets clinched and taken down
    he's just not that kind of striker. He doesnt have the power

so 50/50 on a fight where if it goes to the ground, Tibau will be on top, and on the feet neither guy has a significant advantage
    sounds good to me

Sacrelicious

If I were going to bet that fight, and let me make it clear that I am not, I would be on Dunham.

Imsmarterthanu

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Any Tibau backers?
    on the feet you could give it to either guy.. but dunham doesnt have the ability to starch him before he gets clinched and taken down

so 50/50 on a fight where if it goes to the ground, Tibau will be on top, and on the feet neither guy has a significant advantage
    sounds good to me
    Tibau should win a decision IMO

Dwil125
    Cormier Itd
    Dwil125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Is Bigfoot kotn +1500 a good hedge for reem? Or would big foot by tko/ko be better, last time I checked silva by ko was like +475 and dropped from +750

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Any Tibau backers?

sounds good to me
    Sounds good to me too.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

this article says aldo has bad cut over the eye. i thought aldo would win easily but now im goin2 lay off this fight
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-frankie-edgar

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

funny i thought the cut over frankie's left eye was more obvious

Bradbatross

Anyone have Jay Heiron over Woodley?

getlucky2win
    faded

i got not woodely itd -350

Bradbatross

I want to bet on Heiron but I see Woodley clipping him and ending the fight.

Imsmarterthanu

i lean towards woodley he's more athletic and explosive

getlucky2win
    faded

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

He did look a lil darker than Hieron at the weigh in so I tend to agree.

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Woodley will destroy him.

Imsmarterthanu

reem to bigfoot at 5:20 "you're a dead man" " a dead man"

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    Anyone have Jay Heiron over Woodley?
    I played him at +130. If you can hang with Askren for 5 rounds you can deal with woodley on short notice

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    ha Chris Brown is a legit fighter tho brah! Dont forget he's 1-0...

That's Epic V. Well done

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post

LOL, whats up my dude...? Maia is at +180 now should have waited on that line.. FML.. Listen here you meat-headed shit stack; I never said Benavidez was a ... I have been cold as ice lately, so you guys would be wise to autofade all of my plays. However, I honestly have yet to hear anybody breakdown this fight in terms of how Edgar is going to pull this off... The only way I see Edgar winning besides a fluke injury or DQ is if he does a Clay Guida or a Jon Fitch for all five rounds, avoiding the stand up at all costs... If Frankie stands with Aldo, he will lose, quickly imo. Round 2-3 TKO for Aldo is what I am calling.

You coming to town today or are you hanging out at the losers lounge with the rest of the desert trash? If you want to watch them at mi casa, I will buy the card, or we can roll to DTF wild wings and watch them with Aaron and Boozer.. Holla at me my *****..

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

i guess since since Aldo kicked a few guys who have trouble getting out of the way of kicks his kicks should work on anyone. I wonder why Bendo didn't kick Frankies legs into oblivion? Surely a great kicker like Bendo could have had a field day doing it.
    When Frankie catches Aldo's third kick and throws him down on the matt with a few elbows following, i think Aldo might rethink throwing kicks like Bendo did when Frankie made an adjustment. Aldo is fast with his hands just like Swick is. They throw looping shots. Frankie will pick him apart on the feet. He just has to be smart and not get caught which seems to be his Achilles heel.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i guess since since Aldo kicked a few guys who have trouble getting out of the way of kicks his kicks should work on anyone. I wonder why Bendo didn't kick Frankies legs into oblivion? Surely a great kicker like Bendo could have had a field day doing it.
    When Frankie catches Aldo's third kick and throws him down on the matt with a few elbows following, i think Aldo might rethink throwing kicks like Bendo did when Frankie made an adjustment. Aldo is fast with his hands just like Swick is. They throw looping shots. Frankie will pick him apart on the feet. He just has to be smart and not get caught which seems to be his Achilles heel.

A "Few Guys"....

So.... Faber has trouble getting out of the way of kicks, forgot how to wrestle and this is why he got his ass handed to him by Aldo...? Chad Mendes (Better wrestler than Edgar) just forgot how to catch a kick and Aldo's flying knee was a fluke...? Cub Swanson and Matt Brown are just cans who Aldo was given as easy fights...?

Now I'll be serious for one minute. I think you are correct about the potential takedowns from Edgar. Frankie is smart (He proved that to me in the second fight with Benson), and if he sticks to a takedown/layNPray/Clay Guida game plan, he has a path to victory using his wrestling.. I personally don't think Edgar will do this.. Edgar's speed also concerns me as he is prob the second fastest fighter behind Aldo, however I think Aldo will be faster.. I don't think Frankie will "pick apart" Aldo standing.. Frankie is also having to cut weight for the first time and if it goes into the deeper rounds, he could fade.. I think you are underestimating how fast Aldo is. Frankie's strengths are his speed and footwork, and Aldo has him on both of those imo.

I do appreciate your opinion, no disrespect.
    Last edited by DirtyX; 02-02-13 at 11:38 AM.

First ... 2345678 ... Last