Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Frankie needs one round in the mat and Aldo's downfall will begin. Cardio for dayz zon!

BTW Dirtey....You are being a tiny bit delusional here. You say you havent seen anyone break down how Frankie can win. I have seen plenty break it down so the problem here is not the breakdown, the problem its you. No matter what we say you dont see it happening. But its still a break down, its still a route for Frankie to win and Aldo is NOT a lock, not even close.
    Last edited by Grabaka; 02-02-13 at 11:48 AM.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    Frankie needs one round in the mat and Aldo's downfall will begin. Cardio for dayz zon!
    Holding Aldo down is the same as telling James Toney to stop going to Burger King.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Geez this forum is filled of nostradamuses.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

BTW Dirtey....You are being a tiny bit delusional here. You say you havent seen anyone break down how Frankie can win. I have seen plenty break it down so the problem here is not the breakdown, the problem its you. No matter what we say you dont see it happening. But its still a break down, its still a route for Frankie to win and Aldo is NOT a lock, not even close.
    Ok Pal.. You are right, this is not a lock. I repeat, Aldo is not a ... I have read some good breakdowns and I have changed my tune.. Am I still betting on Aldo? Yes... However, I am only betting the line ($220), and initially I wanted to go huge, but you and Thor are making me rethink my plays.. GodDamn SBR MMA cappers... Just let me live in my LaLa land of MMA where I bet blindly with my heart instead of my brain!!! lol.. In any case, I think Aldo wins tonight.. I am just stoked for this card, should be a good night of fights.. One serious question tho... Do you think Frankie will have any cardio issues because he dropped down to 145lbs??? You said "Cardio for days" but I think this could be an issue for him in the 4th and 5th....

GL senior..

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    Ok Pal.. You are right, this is not a lock. I repeat, Aldo is not a ... I have read some good breakdowns and I have changed my tune.. Am I still betting on Aldo? Yes... However, I am only betting the line ($220), and initially I wanted to go huge, but you and Thor are making me rethink my plays.. GodDamn SBR MMA cappers... Just let me live in my LaLa land of MMA where I bet blindly with my heart instead of my brain!!! lol.. In any case, I think Aldo wins tonight.. I am just stoked for this card, should be a good night of fights.. One serious question tho... Do you think Frankie will have any cardio issues because he dropped down to 145lbs??? You said "Cardio for days" but I think this could be an issue for him in the 4th and 5th....

GL senior..
    Hello bud GL to you too.
    I seriously think Frankie will outcardio Aldo if we get to see 4th and 5th. Like Edgar said himself, "people is nuts first im a midget who cant fight at lightweight then after they expect to be a really tough cut"
    Its just 10 pounds, according to Frankie he dropped them just without the pizzas instead of dehydration like everyone is saying. This dude does have cardio for dayz, count on that!

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    i guess since since Aldo kicked a few guys who have trouble getting out of the way of kicks his kicks should work on anyone. I wonder why Bendo didn't kick Frankies legs into oblivion? Surely a great kicker like Bendo could have had a field day doing it.
    When Frankie catches Aldo's third kick and throws him down on the matt with a few elbows following, i think Aldo might rethink throwing kicks like Bendo did when Frankie made an adjustment. Aldo is fast with his hands just like Swick is. They throw looping shots. Frankie will pick him apart on the feet. He just has to be smart and not get caught which seems to be his Achilles heel.
    So much wrong with your logic
    Just because a guy can throw a big kick with power and proper mechanics, does not make him a great kicker. Belfort recently threw and landed a big kick. He throws it with speed and power, and the mechanics look solid. Does he now qualify as a "great kicker"?
    Bendo is nowhere near the kicker that aldo is. It's more than just throwing a big kick... its the set up, the timing, variations, unpredictability, and the effectiveness. Bendo's kicking game is far behind aldo's

A great kicker will get his kicks through. Just because you can catch a few kicks from bendo does not make you immune to kicks

take for example Andy Souwer. Guy is a beastly striker. He also comes from a shoot boxing background. He is very adept at both checking leg kicks and catching them. Yet when he fights a guy like buakaw...what happens? he will get kicked in the legs
    maybe they should stop throwing kicks in k-1 and MT cause people know how to catch kicks, right?

I also dont get how aldo throws looping shots? he throws everything... one of his best punches is his straight right

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Also has great TDD and will get up fast enough if he gets taken down.
    In the standing he´s jus too quick for Frankie. Frankie used to always be the quicker fighter but this is over now

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Hello bud GL to you too.
    I seriously think Frankie will outcardio Aldo if we get to see 4th and 5th. Like Edgar said himself, "people is nuts first im a midget who cant fight at lightweight then after they expect to be a really tough cut"
    Its just 10 pounds, according to Frankie he dropped them just without the pizzas instead of dehydration like everyone is saying. This dude does have cardio for dayz, count on that!

Word... Well great card tonight, enjoy and GL...

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Just because a guy can throw a big kick with power and proper mechanics, does not make him a great kicker. Belfort recently threw and landed a big kick. He throws it with speed and power, and the mechanics look solid. Does he now qualify as a "great kicker"?
    Bendo is nowhere near the kicker that aldo is. It's more than just throwing a big kick... its the set up, the timing, variations, unpredictability, and the effectiveness. Bendo's kicking game is far behind aldo's

A great kicker will get his kicks through. Just because you can catch a few kicks from bendo does not make you immune to kicks

take for example Andy Souwer. Guy is a beastly striker. He also comes from a shoot boxing background. He is very adept at both checking leg kicks and catching them. Yet when he fights a guy like buakaw...what happens? he will get kicked in the legs
    maybe they should stop throwing kicks in k-1 and MT cause people know how to catch kicks, right?

I also dont get how aldo throws looping shots? he throws everything... one of his best punches is his straight right

I was about that also...

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Edgar to bw if he loses

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24878

Frankie could fight at 135.

And he will not be any more fragile at 145 than 155.

1 unit, Edgar by dec.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Hello bud GL to you too.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Geez this forum is filled of nostradamuses.
    While I agree that no one knows anything for sure...

Telling DirtyX he's being delusional, and criticizing someone for seeing a fighter as a lock is doing the same thing, I think. Everyone's opinion is going to differ amigo. I saw Bendo as a legitimate lock over Diaz but plenty were on the other side in that fight.

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17028

Huge on Volkmann, med on Frankie and live parley on Rashad. What's the over up to on me getting buried? -250?

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    While I agree that no one knows anything for sure...

Telling DirtyX he's being delusional, and criticizing someone for seeing a fighter as a lock is doing the same thing, I think. Everyone's opinion is going to differ amigo. I saw Bendo as a legitimate lock over Diaz but plenty were on the other side in that fight.
    I never call anything a lock. Im very careful with that word. And no, its not the same, I never said Aldo was not a good bet. But its not a lock. Lock = sure to win bet. Go ahead and bet the house on Aldo since hes a lock. Nothing is a lock.
    Bendo was indeed an amazing bet. yes. a lock......well, depends on what you see as a lock? a thing that has a lot of possibilities to hit? or a sure thing? Yes bendo was closer to a lock.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Points Awarded:

Educ8d Degener8 gave Vaughany 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grabaka
    Update your status

Even Dirty said ok you are right its not a lock.....and the argument finished.
    I cant knock a bet on Aldo, i cant knock a bet on Edgar but i can say its stupid to bet the house on Aldo.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

i come here 4 the cerebral hog discussions. an athletic explosive hog is always a lock

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I never call anything a lock. Im very careful with that word. And no, its not the same, I never said Aldo was not a good bet. But its not a lock. Lock = sure to win bet. Go ahead and bet the house on Aldo since hes a lock. Nothing is a lock.
    Bendo was indeed an amazing bet. yes. a lock......well, depends on what you see as a lock? a thing that has a lot of possibilities to hit? or a sure thing? Yes bendo was closer to a lock.
    I would define a lock as a wager that cashes the vast majority of the time, and only loses very rarely. "Lock" is very much a viewpoint (as with all handicapping). I capped Bendo in the 90% range, and I cap Aldo in the 80% range. I don't think he's a lock, but I think he's better in every area and has many more routes to victory.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post

GL senior..
    Pal, I'm going to drop a jewel on you right now. All these people in the forum dont know shit about this fight, even the ones betting on aldo. Edgar is the biggest sucker bet since BJ Penn over rory.

People talk about frankie edgar being "the best at getting in and out of the pocket". Thats bullshit. He was able to get in and out of range on a guy like BJ Penn because he had no footwork. Just stood there like a tard while Frankie circled around him. Maynard isn't much better but atleast he moved forward and was able to walk him down and absolutely rock Frankie in THE FIRST ROUND of both title fights.

Gray Maynard is slow as fock and his striking is amateurish. All he was doing was looking for single shots and he was still able to catch Frankie CLEAN. In the first focking round no less, its not like was setting him up for it the whole fight. Best at getting out of the pocket my ass.

Bendo isnt much better on the feet, he just has a little more handspeed than those guys and he has a different wrinkle in his game being the leg kicks, which gave Frankie all kinds of trouble.

Aldo is light years beyond these guys in the striking department. Plus Frankie's only real advantage in those fights was his speed. Which is absolutely negated here. The guy is actually a cheap little focker. All he did was literally run away in every one of his fights. Only time I saw him stand in the pocket was when he knew he was losing. (against bendo and in the second maynard title fight)

The guys whole gameplan in his last 6 fights has been to hit you, then literally run away, and try to frustrate you into chasing so he can counter you. Simple as that. The thing is this shit only works against bigger and slower fighters. Thats why Frankie stayed at 155lbs, not because he has a huge "heart".

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

aldo line getting better. i bet a lil on him @-180

jacktheknife
    jacktheknife's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17028

Maynard stood with Nate Diaz and won. And Frankie also had the advantage of being able to take Bendo down on almost every try.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

We will see how affective Aldo's kicks will be and then we will see who is right. There is a reason he brought in Barbosa. We will see what happens. If Aldo wins in spectacular fashion i wouldn't be shocked. I think Frankies style will give Aldo some problems. except for a few kicks from Bendo i haven't seen Frankie get hurt from leg kicks in all his fights. Some guys are just good at checking them and some guys are not. As for Aldo's mechanics looking solid? They look about as solid as Dos Santos. Great for MMA but overall shitty if this was a boxing ring

DeFactoCrippler

except for a few kicks from Bendo i haven't seen Frankie get hurt from leg kicks in all his fights. Some guys are just good at checking them and some guys are not. As for Aldo's mechanics looking solid? They look about as solid as Dos Santos. Great for MMA but overall shitty if this was a boxing ring
    Bendo was the the only guy he fought that had any type of kicking game. Because of his gay ass tae kwon do background.

Aldos muay thai style kicks are better because he can throw them quick and hard and use them in combination with his hands. Bendo kinda had to stand there and keep switching stances like the focking karate kid while he was throwing them.

The kicks from bendo were giving him problems when he was trying to circle away he would get kicked in the calf. Bendo abandoned them when Frankie became for stationary and tried to catch them. But they still served their purpose and stifled his movement.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Bendo was the the only guy he fought that had any type of kicking game. Because of his gay ass tae kwon do background.

Aldos muay thai style kicks are better because he can throw them quick and hard and use them in combination with his hands. Bendo kinda had to stand there and keep switching stances like the focking karate kid while he was throwing them.

The kicks from bendo were giving him problems when he was trying to circle away he would get kicked in the calf. Bendo abandoned them when Frankie became for stationary and tried to catch them. But they still served their purpose and stifled his movement.
    KenFlo is about as unathletic as it gets and i don't remember him getting kicked out of the joint. Aldo gets one kick caught and tossed on his ass he will be rethinking those kicks. Will that happen tho? Who the hell knows but one advantage Frankie has is that he knows they are coming. Now a guy like Hominic knew they were coming but rather work on his pushups after the fight, instead of working on those kicks. Like a fool he just stoood there and ate them.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'm offering -800 odds on Rogan mentioning Jozay Aldo's soccer background during his walk-out and how this background has led to him having tremendous leg-kicks. Anybody wanna take me up on it

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

hahaha

DeFactoCrippler

KenFlo is about as unathletic as it gets and i don't remember him getting kicked out of the joint. Aldo gets one kick caught and tossed on his ass he will be rethinking those kicks. Will that happen tho? Who the hell knows but one advantage Frankie has is that he knows they are coming. Now a guy like Hominic knew they were coming but rather work on his pushups after the fight, instead of working on those kicks. Like a fool he just stoood there and ate them.
    I think he didnt throw them against Kenny because Kenny was looking to take him down/clinch with him. Plus Kenny had the reach advantage in the standup, so Aldo had to make adjustments. I actually think that Kenny was a much more difficult matchup for him. Kenny tried to give him the old greg jackson grapple fock, Aldo stuffed him and came on strong in the latter rounds and beat Kenny at his own game. Retired that fock.

Now Aldo will have a reach advantage over Edgar. He is actually bigger than Edgar. Hits harder than Edgar. And he is arguably faster than Edgar. Timing is better than Edgar. Has more weapons in the standup than Edgar. ect.

I'm not saying the leg kicks are what is going to decide the fight, just one of the many factors. And if Edgar were to catch the kicks, he would have to be in range of the kick, which would make my rooster hard.

Thor4140

I think he didnt throw them against Kenny because Kenny was looking to take him down/clinch with him. Plus Kenny had the reach advantage in the standup, so Aldo had to make adjustments. I actually think that Kenny was a much more difficult matchup for him. Kenny tried to give him the old greg jackson grapple fock, Aldo stuffed him and came on strong in the latter rounds and beat Kenny at his own game. Retired that fock.

Now Aldo will have a reach advantage over Edgar. He is actually bigger than Edgar. Hits harder than Edgar. And he is arguably faster than Edgar. Timing is better than Edgar. Has more weapons in the standup than Edgar. ect.

I'm not saying the leg kicks are what is going to decide the fight, just one of the many factors. And if Edgar were to catch the kicks, he would have to be in range of the kick, which would make my rooster hard.
    who does that goofy fuk in post 202 like in this fight? I tried to look at his "latest post" and they are filled with soccer post. I didn't know people still watched soccer.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Edgar is just taking his divisional ass beating until going to 135 (next move after he comes from the hospital)

think of it as a really painful pitstop

Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Aldo has trouble with guys who have a reach advantage and use the jab effectively. Frankie isn't one of those guys.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    Aldo has trouble with guys who have a reach advantage and use the jab effectively. Frankie isn't one of those guys.
    According to Fightmetric:

Edgar reach 72 inches.

Aldo reach 70 inches.

DeFactoCrippler

who does that goofy fuk in post 202 like in this fight? I tried to look at his "latest post" and they are filled with soccer post. I didn't know people still watched soccer.
    From what I garnered from his Sherdog page is that he thinks Frankie Edgar is the bees knees. The motherfocking cat's pajamas.

Guy is a total hype job I swear to god. The UFC compares him to Rocky. Here is a quote from Rocky
    It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how you can get hit and keep
    moving forward

Edgar didnt move forward, he moved backwards his entire career. The opposing fighter moved forward and Edgar just kept moving away from him. Sometimes Edgar would even get nailed while running, but he would show how much "heart" he has by staying in the fight, only to run some more.

Did "Rocky" ever move out of the pocket? lol. All Edgar's "movement" amounts to is an attempt to waste the time in the round. Similar to clinching in boxing. He engages for 2 seconds, then circles for 10 seconds, resets then does the same shit.

Absolute joke. Only bigger joke is the people who think I wouldn't starch Frankie Edgar in the streets. Imagine the "movement" he could accomplish if he was unfettered by an octagon cage. He could jab me in my kneecap and then just turn tail and run. He could be miles away before I realize he isn't coming back. Cardio for days.

Oblivian
    Oblivian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 721

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post

Edgar reach 72 inches.

Aldo reach 70 inches.
    According to the chart I posted the other day, Aldo is 4.8" and Edgar 5". No info on Aldo's side when flacid though. Not much to gather from those stats.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post

Edgar reach 72 inches.

Aldo reach 70 inches.
    Edgar has a 68 inch reach

i know because i trained with him

hit me up by pm for more info

First ... 3456789 ... Last