Bradbatross
    Bradbatross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    According to Fightmetric:

Edgar reach 72 inches.

Aldo reach 70 inches.
    He doesn't use the jab effectively though, he likes to come in and out. He's going to get caught repeatedly and unlike Maynard, Aldo isn't going to gas after the first round.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

someone's gettin buried tonight

not me

maybe me

vikesbills24
    vikesbills24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 215

do you dingleweeds actually use fighter reach in your analysis of a fighter....that has gotta be the most outdated fighter statistic out there today. doesnt even work well in boxing, is completely useless in MMA.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    He doesn't use the jab effectively though, he likes to come in and out. He's going to get caught repeatedly and unlike Maynard, Aldo isn't going to gas after the first round.
    I don't see it but good luck with your bet. Edgar has the advantage in wrestling, movement, boxing, and cardio. Aldo has shown he wears down in fights and I don't see him keeping up with the pace Edgar sets. Aldo has also been out of the cage for 13 months, and he cuts more weight than Edgar had to, so we'll see where his gas tank is come the championship rounds.

I also don't think Aldo has looked like the god many are making him out to be. He sure didn't look godlike against Hominick and Florian who both are inferior fighters to Edgar. This will be the toughest challenge of Aldo's career and I can't say the same for Edgar who has fought Penn, Henderson, Maynard, Miller, Sherk, etc.

If the judges were competent and gave Edgar the LW strap in his last fight and he was moving down to 145 to face Aldo, would the line be what it is today? I think perception is greater than reality in this case.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    someone's gettin buried tonight

not me

maybe me
    Did you pop Aldo again after the lames bet up Frankie Edgar?

Cause I did

Popped Glover again when the lames bet up rampage day of the fight

Popped Geale again when lames bet up mundine the night of

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by vikesbills24 View Post
    do you dingleweeds actually use fighter reach in your analysis of a fighter....that has gotta be the most outdated fighter statistic out there today. doesnt even work well in boxing, is completely useless in MMA.
    I do if its Jones and he has a 13 inch reach over his opponents. In this fight tonight its meaningless.

DeFactoCrippler

have trained at

american top team

hit me up by pm

vikesbills24

if edgar actually hunted guys down ala cain velasquez then i would give him a shot.

But he doesn`t....he pitty pats and then takes you down when he sees openings. its a good strategy, but not for a guy as talented as aldo.

if you notice in edgars career, hes had trouble with guys who can punch and guys who are pretty active. in addition, hes fought mostly wrestlers where hes had the advantage on the feet.

this is a stylistic nightmare for him, because in my estimation, aldo has enough tdd to survive. hes also extremely adept on the ground. I predict Edgar to eat leg kick after leg kick and the fight to be pretty boring. 3-2 or 4-1 for aldo on the cards.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Tend to agree with a lot of the shit DFC posted in post 195. I hope Aldo squashes that mosquito... Aldo's layoff and gas tank are legit concerns though imho. He had shit cardio in Kflo and Hominick fights because of difficulties with the weight cut, no? Any word on Aldo's cutting these days? We didn't get to see anything in that respect in the Chad Neckless fight 'cos Aldo ko'd him right quick...

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    Tend to agree with a lot of the shit DFC posted in post 195. I hope Aldo squashes that mosquito... Aldo's layoff and gas tank are legit concerns though imho. He had shit cardio in Kflo and Hominick fights because of difficulties with the weight cut, no? Any word on Aldo's cutting these days? We didn't get to see anything in that respect in the Chad Neckless fight 'cos Aldo ko'd him right quick...
    iirc, according to soares, Aldo had some sort of infection in the hominick fight. That, or he was recovering from one.

Hope it wasn't the clap

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Did Aldo really gas in the Florian fight? I thought I remember him looking good throughout?

Bradbatross

I don't see it but good luck with your bet. Edgar has the advantage in wrestling, movement, boxing, and cardio. Aldo has shown he wears down in fights and I don't see him keeping up with the pace Edgar sets. Aldo has also been out of the cage for 13 months, and he cuts more weight than Edgar had to, so we'll see where his gas tank is come the championship rounds.

I also don't think Aldo has looked like the god many are making him out to be. He sure didn't look godlike against Hominick and Florian who both are inferior fighters to Edgar. This will be the toughest challenge of Aldo's career and I can't say the same for Edgar who has fought Penn, Henderson, Maynard, Miller, Sherk, etc.

If the judges were competent and gave Edgar the LW strap in his last fight and he was moving down to 145 to face Aldo, would the line be what it is today? I think perception is greater than reality in this case.
    I agree that Edgar won his last fight against Benson but he's a completely different fighter than Aldo. Personally I think people are greatly overestimating Edgar.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by The iron sheik View Post
    iirc, according to soares, Aldo had some sort of infection in the hominick fight. That, or he was recovering from one.

Hope it wasn't the clap
    Ed Soares, the king of excuses. Gotta believe that. Also believe everytime that stiff opens his mouth he's lying or eating.

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're thinking of Andre Pederneiras and he had an infected toe.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Bradbatross View Post
    I agree that Edgar won his last fight against Benson but he's a completely different fighter than Aldo. Personally I think people are greatly overestimating Edgar.
    I feel that way about Aldo, but we'll see tonight. Just hoping for a good fight.

DeFactoCrippler

I thought in the Hominick fight he was putting on weight for an eventual move to 155 (to probably fight edgar) which was why he had trouble with the cut I heard.

Bradbatross

I feel that way about Aldo, but we'll see tonight. Just hoping for a good fight.
    Yea, it's going to be interesting to see how the fight plays out.

The iron sheik
    The iron sheik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by hobbesITD View Post
    You're thinking of Andre Pederneiras and he had an infected toe.
    No I'm not. Whether you think there was an infection or not, Soares did deffo make that excuse.
    edit/ take it fwiw ... http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2011/0...29-performance

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you it was a bullshit excuse. I'm just saying that Andre Pederneiras was the one who started that rumor mill.

“He suffered a cut on his toe [on April 23] and it got infected with bacteria,” said Pederneiras. “He went through heavy medical treatment with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory pills from Sunday to Tuesday. He took the heavy dosage so that he wouldn’t have to take more drugs closer to the fight.”
    “I can’t say whether [the fact Aldo took antibiotics] affected his performance. I’m not a doctor,” said Pederneiras. “I prefer to give credit to Hominick’s effort for taking the fight that deep, rather than saying if the medicine affected him or not.”

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    KenFlo is about as unathletic as it gets and i don't remember him getting kicked out of the joint. Aldo gets one kick caught and tossed on his ass he will be rethinking those kicks. Will that happen tho? Who the hell knows but one advantage Frankie has is that he knows they are coming. Now a guy like Hominic knew they were coming but rather work on his pushups after the fight, instead of working on those kicks. Like a fool he just stoood there and ate them.
    aldo didnt land many kicks early but he did end up doing damage with kicks later

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    From what I garnered from his Sherdog page is that he thinks Frankie Edgar is the bees knees. The motherfocking cat's pajamas.

Guy is a total hype job I swear to god. The UFC compares him to Rocky. Here is a quote from Rocky
    It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how you can get hit and keep
    moving forward

Edgar didnt move forward, he moved backwards his entire career. The opposing fighter moved forward and Edgar just kept moving away from him. Sometimes Edgar would even get nailed while running, but he would show how much "heart" he has by staying in the fight, only to run some more.

Did "Rocky" ever move out of the pocket? lol. All Edgar's "movement" amounts to is an attempt to waste the time in the round. Similar to clinching in boxing. He engages for 2 seconds, then circles for 10 seconds, resets then does the same shit.

Absolute joke. Only bigger joke is the people who think I wouldn't starch Frankie Edgar in the streets. Imagine the "movement" he could accomplish if he was unfettered by an octagon cage. He could jab me in my kneecap and then just turn tail and run. He could be miles away before I realize he isn't coming back. Cardio for days.
    Cmon Defact the guy could very well be 18-0. I think u hate him cause of his style lol. Oh and to say Vaughany is a total hype job was not that nice.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    aldo didnt land many kicks early but he did end up doing damage with kicks later
    Kenny's slow as balls. He is just a very smart fighter. He went out dancing later that night. No sign of sore legs.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Cmon Defact the guy could very well be 18-0. I think u hate him cause of his style lol. Oh and to say Vaughany is a total hype job was not that nice.
    Bu is he like Rocky from the fockin movies like the UFC hype machine tries to portray him as? Guy is the opposite of Rocky.

Edgar looks like the guy from mad magazine for focks sakes

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Its crazy juice on Volkmann, sure, I'm using him in some parlays and got a bit of change, though nothing serious.

That, however, does not change the fact that the play on Green is throwing your money away. If anything, just avoid the fight.
    I reseached the fight more and I agree now, not much value in green, even at the current odds.

Didn't realize how he was taken down multiple times by reese, and considering his lack of tdd against JZ I thnik he's going on his back rather easily in this fight as christmas is 10x the wrestler of the reese / jz. Glad you're taking parlay and props on him as I still think -360 str8 up is too risky / pricey.

I'll still be taking green tho for an ultra small play just because I hate christmas

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Not sold either, good luck though. Aldo might cash, at that line it seems like a square play though.

Maia is the worst play on the card.
    Maia looked much bigger than fitch at the weigh ins, which I've never seen before...

At opening odds / -170ish I might have taken fitch, but unfortunately he opned -205 on my book.

At this point and after further research / breakdowns, I wouldn't be so confident in fitch. Word is maia's camp went 100% for this fight and I can't shake out the bad spots erick silva / BJ penn put fitch in on the mat. He also had his back taken by saunders if I remember and barely escaped a triangle from diego back in the day. Maia is without a doubt the best sub grappler fitch has faced, so if fitch is really planning to clinch and grapple in this fight and is trying to prove something, I think he could def lose and possibly get subbed for the first time in an decade.

Imo, fitch's best bet (and perhaps he is doing this / trying to out-psyche maia by saying he's gonna roll) is to use his wrestling on the defensive to keep it upright and outstrike maia. I thnk k1 fitch is better and more durable than k1 maia...

Overall I'd hardly call maia the worst play of hte card my friend. I was initially gonna take fitch and a week ago I might have agreed with you, but at this point I actually think this is a really hard fight to call and the line should prob be closer to evens.

This match is gonna be a great test for both men and should allow us to gauge where both stand in the division.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Any Tibau backers?
    i like him to muscle dunham to the mat
    on the feet you could give it to either guy.. but dunham doesnt have the ability to starch him before he gets clinched and taken down
    he's just not that kind of striker. He doesnt have the power

so 50/50 on a fight where if it goes to the ground, Tibau will be on top, and on the feet neither guy has a significant advantage
    sounds good to me
    Yes.. been sitting on the play since it opened on my book the other day, just waiting for line movement.

Most people are picking dunham so I'm gonna wait till the last minute to play him, I'm hoping his line might get to dead even, maybe even +110ish.

MMAbetMASTA

He did look a lil darker than Hieron at the weigh in so I tend to agree.
    I lol'd... sadly. haha

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyX View Post
    LOL, whats up my dude...? Maia is at +180 now should have waited on that line.. FML.. Listen here you meat-headed shit stack; I never said Benavidez was a ... I have been cold as ice lately, so you guys would be wise to autofade all of my plays. However, I honestly have yet to hear anybody breakdown this fight in terms of how Edgar is going to pull this off... The only way I see Edgar winning besides a fluke injury or DQ is if he does a Clay Guida or a Jon Fitch for all five rounds, avoiding the stand up at all costs... If Frankie stands with Aldo, he will lose, quickly imo. Round 2-3 TKO for Aldo is what I am calling.

You coming to town today or are you hanging out at the losers lounge with the rest of the desert trash? If you want to watch them at mi casa, I will buy the card, or we can roll to DTF wild wings and watch them with Aaron and Boozer.. Holla at me my *****..
    haha shut up holmes I just defended your maia play... At first I was all about fitch and was prob gonna play him, but staying away now and i can't knock the maia play, think he might have gsp shitting in his pants after this fight.

I am going agaisnt you on aldo, but only taking edgar small / sprinkle.

Lol I'm just chillin today out here, need a weekend to just lounge. I'll be coming out there in two weeks to kick it. You guys should roll out here to the desert meng!! Got the spare bedroom ready and the patron shelved up. You can snag a desert fox or harpoon a desert whale, there are some hot mamacitas out here...

GL today, I'll be hitting you up when edgar takes your 500.

vikesbills24

tibau is slow and plodding, and not exactly known for his ability to take down and beat on you. he is pretty good in the clinch. I think dunham can win a decision by pitty pattying his way to victory, and I think that is what is going to go down.

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    nice

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

tibau is slow and plodding, and not exactly known for his ability to take down and beat on you. he is pretty good in the clinch. I think dunham can win a decision by pitty pattying his way to victory, and I think that is what is going to go down.
    LOL.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

So how much do you have on Aldo Defacto?

MMAbetMASTA

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Did Aldo really gas in the Florian fight? I thought I remember him looking good throughout?
    I didn't think so..

I thought it was the other way around, kenflo came out strong and then faded as aldo took over.

DeFactoCrippler

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    So how much do you have on Aldo Defacto?
    I made a prop bet with my local.

If Aldo loses i have to undergo a sex change operation and work as a prostitute in Tijuana's Zona Norte for one year.

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

Alright! Respek then

First ... 45678910 ... Last