THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Stacked card

Grabaka
    Update your status
    Grabaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4034

That focko benavidez! He owes us a ton of cash!!

JKD
    JKD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 194

Yup, really great card for watching if not betting.

Out of the main card Frankie's probably the only straight play I'll do. Maybe Benevidez and Fitch, but not keen where the odds are at atm.

Took Tibau at +100 (early odds on that fight in the UK); it'll be interesting to see the rest of the undercard odds. Hopefully some worthwhile bets on there, cuz other than the main fight I find it hard to see anything not going the way of the favourites but can't be betting at -4/500 craziness.

JKD

double post

Grabaka
    Update your status

I dont feel Fitch is expensive.

JKD

Dunno, I was at 95 and I just have replays of Maia tossing Chael whenever I think about betting against him. Plus DHK also has a crazy good base and Maia got him down straight away. Depends what the sub prop is, if it's +400 or something like that then maybe play Fitch Dec + Maia Sub might be worthwhile.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Anyone else see value in Edgar and Uncle Creepy here?

JKD

Edgar yeah, but I don't see how McCall wins tbh, Benevidez is just a bit better at everything and he's used to fighting taller/bigger guys.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    Edgar yeah, but I don't see how McCall wins tbh, Benevidez is just a bit better at everything and he's used to fighting taller/bigger guys.
    I know this is MMA math but Creepy was able to outwrestle MM in their first fight, and Joe got outwrestled bigtime against MM. I really don't see that big of a discrepancy in each fighter's skill set to reflect that kind of a line. To me this will be an extremely close fight dictating a play on McCall. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

NoHero
    NoHero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

Fitch/Aldo parlay maybe???

Grabaka
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    I know this is MMA math but Creepy was able to outwrestle MM in their first fight, and Joe got outwrestled bigtime against MM. I really don't see that big of a discrepancy in each fighter's skill set to reflect that kind of a line. To me this will be an extremely close fight dictating a play on McCall. Could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
    I kinda feel the same way. Im still bitter on how Creepy got robbed in the first MM fight and didnt perform on the second. Where's creepys head right now? Why did go in jail this year? anyone remember?

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by NoHero View Post
    Fitch/Aldo parlay maybe???
    If you like both those guys you should wait to see what the lines are on Fitch by decision and Aldo by TKO/KO or ITD. I just think if Aldo-Edgar goes all 5 it will be Edgar winning the UD.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
    Cud be right! Benavidez has ability to finish tho unlike MM. Cud slap a guillotine on McCall or something

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabaka View Post
    I kinda feel the same way. Im still bitter on how Creepy got robbed in the first MM fight and didnt perform on the second. Where's creepys head right now? Why did go in jail this year? anyone remember?
    Due to driving even tho he had a suspended license. Only 16 days tho

rocky16

I think he was driving with a suspended license or something dumb like that.

rocky16

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Cud be right! Benavidez has ability to finish tho unlike MM. Cud slap a guillotine on McCall or something
    Team alpha male working on overhand rights and guillotines. Haha, yeah I could see that.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Maybe we'll see some "evolved" striking now that Ludwig is coach at alpha fail

hobbesITD
    hobbesITD's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Thonglor was back and teaching striking again?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

He probably is, but Ludwig is coach there as well now

Grabaka
    Update your status

My penetrating god. I cant embed that shiiiit. Anyway Creepy is getting a divorce...hes pretty sad but happy that hes gonna beat benavidez

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Jon Fitch. The largest single play I have made since Bendo in December.

Also on a Evans/Reem parlay.

JKD

^ that's another reason not to bet him, of his personal life is sketchy that's not gonna help preparation. Seems like a cool guy and his wife is hawt, poor bloke =[

McCall beat Formiga when no decent fighters were at 125 and that's given him a crazy high ranking, but beating Formiga isn't all that impressive tbh. I like watching him fight, but I really don't think he's anywhere near on a level with Joe. He just ain't that good at anything.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ian McCall is a drug dealer. the ug loves him. They love rapists, drug dealers, and pedo's. The mma community f-cking sucks.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

My penetrating god. I cant embed that shiiiit. Anyway Creepy is getting a divorce...hes pretty sad but happy that hes gonna beat benavidez
    says it dont exist homie?!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Exclusive| UFC 156′s Ian McCall: “I Want to Hurt People”

95 0

Reddit0 Digg0

Before the dynamic fighters of the flyweight division were showcasing their supersonic speed and freakish athleticism on the main stage of the UFC, “Uncle Creepy” Ian McCall was reigning over the weight class with an iron fist and a handlebar mustache. Nobody but passionate hardcore fans knew it but you couldn’t find a 125-pound fighter in existence at the time that could hold a candle to the Team Oyama standout.
    When the UFC decided to establish a flyweight division of their own, they signed McCall right away to compete in their four-man tournament to determine the inaugural champion of the new category. In his Octagon debut, “Uncle Creepy” fought to a draw against Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson in a very exciting albeit controversial bout that was robbed of a sudden victory round. McCall was then defeated via unanimous decision by Johnson who would then go on to beat perennial bantamweight contender Joseph Benavidez and claim the UFC first 125-lbs title.
    As great as Johnson is, we have yet to see the true form of McCall in the Octagon. Every human being battles personal life struggles at some point and—not to use this an excuse— it hit McCall hard when he signed that UFC contract. However, personal hardships aside, McCall is hungrier than ever to get his top spot back in the division. McCall meets Benavidez in a top contender bout at UFC 156 and is feeling like an absolute monster as the fight nears.
    “I haven’t felt this good in a long time. This is the best I’ve felt since coming into the UFC. For some reason once I got here I was completely unfocused. I’m surrounded by drama all day everyday and I guess that’s how I live my life for some stupid reason,” McCall told BJPenn.com Radio.
    “A lot of personal annoying stuff happened when I was out in Australia [for my UFC debut] and I’m still going through a lot of personal stuff right now. I’m separated from my wife and we’re probably getting a divorce but it happens so whatever.”
    A victory over Benavidez would put “Uncle Creepy” right back in the mix for a title shot. A former WEC bantamweight title contender, Benavidez has only tasted defeat to current champions Johnson and Dominick Cruz. He has never been finished in his professional MMA career but McCall is confident he will be the first to stop him in his tracks.
    “I’m waking up at 138-139 lbs and I’ve been killing it in the gym. Today I went 10-5 minute rounds and I’m back to being me again and fighting like me. I’ve got my footwork back, I’ve got my speed back and I’ve got more power. I’m really happy, even with all the crap going on in my life, I really can’t complain,” McCall said.
    “I think my speed is definitely going to be a big advantage over Joseph. If you look at what Demetrious did to Joseph, I think I can do the same exact thing but I think I’m a lot more violent and powerful than Demetrious. I think I can get a knockout and finish this fight.”
    McCall has stated in recent interviews that he is not at all happy with his career at this point in time. The fact that he was the best flyweight in the world two years ago does nothing to satisfy him. That was then and now he’s 0-1-1 in the biggest MMA organization in the world. This is a very hungry, very dangerous McCall and he is determined to scare people when he steps into the Octagon with Benavidez.
    “I want to hurt people. I want to be feared and I think me completely destroying Joseph will do that and other people will fear me. I get off on this stuff, not in a weird sexual way, but I get a strange high off of my job,” McCall said.
    “Some guys look at MMA as a sport, some guys look at in different perspectives but there’s something wrong with me and I’m definitely going to take advantage of that and start hurting people again.”

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Maia looks like the best bet of the main card
    +160 for a guy that has never been outgrappled sounds great to me
    He could beat fitch at his own game and out grapple him once it hits the clinch. Wasnt the tiny BJ penn able to take fitch's back? and had him in a few bad positions

I've never seen maia get laid on and i dont think anyone could just dry hump him at 170
    If this ends up as a striking affair Maia isnt completely out gunned either. His style of swinging looks great for the judges too

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Is he just trying to convince himself he's better than he has ever been I wonder

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Maia looks like the best bet of the main card
    +160 for a guy that has never been outgrappled sounds great to me
    He could beat fitch at his own game and out grapple him once it hits the clinch. Wasnt the tiny BJ penn able to take fitch's back? and had him in a few bad positions

I've never seen maia get laid on and i dont think anyone could just dry hump him at 170
    If this ends up as a striking affair Maia isnt completely out gunned either. His style of swinging looks great for the judges too

If possible, put as much money on Maia as possible so the line on Fitch improves for me. Thanks.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Bagalut
    Bagalut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 647

Looking for playable odds on GREEN and WOODLEY.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Bagalut View Post
    Looking for playable odds on GREEN and WOODLEY.
    ??? both will lose

1234 ... Last