ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51509

I called them again today and am getting the run around once more. My first $1000 payout was supposed to have been sent around 11/14 (and the $ was removed from my account around that day), and I talked with them 2-3 times, and they assured me it had been (my previous posts etc. showing they told me something about priority mail vs. regular mail as a reason why I hadn't gotten it). Today, they finally admitted they never even sent it! (and told me, "we'll put the $ back in your account right away", how generous). Obviously I'm rather annoyed about this but can hardly be surprised. They of course promised me they were going to send out another batch of payments today and mine would be one of them, but at this point if I had a dollar for every lie they'd told me, I'd have paid off my account balance anyway.

I'm not sure what to think as usual. The only thread of hope I really have is that a very small number of people have gotten one payout from them, but other than that it seems like the usual with them. I certainly hope this latest nonsense by them isn't delaying the lawyer at all. If they are making five $1000 payouts when they owe millions as a way to stall it, we obviously can't let them succeed in doing that.

Can anyone else share what's been going on with them in this regard recently? Since it's pretty clear they're spinning a web of lies, I'm kind of curious what they've been telling the rest of the people. Of course, if someone other than the first five people actually got a payout, perhaps there's still reason to hope.
    Last edited by ArunSh; 12-03-07 at 11:26 AM.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

I am confused with what they are doing now? They are clearly lying to people again, but then why the 5 payments. I do not know what to think about their methods and motivation, are they really trying to pay people or are they just stalling legal action? It is weird how Lenny would be the only person lying to people before now everyone there is.

shooter dan
    shooter dan's Avatar Become A Pro!

me too

Quote Originally Posted by KT View Post
    I am confused with what they are doing now? They are clearly lying to people again, but then why the 5 payments. I do not know what to think about their methods and motivation, are they really trying to pay people or are they just stalling legal action? It is weird how Lenny would be the only person lying to people before now everyone there is.
    Sadly I have to agree with KT here, there is one person down there that I trusted completely, but now even that person is telling lies. It must be one terrible place to work at to cause people to change their morals for the sake of one so low as Lenny........

Breaker
    Breaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Just got off the phone with Monica.
    She explained it's basicly out of her hands, she submits lists and Lenny takes it from there, choosing who gets paid.

So far that has only been a few people, maybe more this week.

There should be about 100k available at the processor, but the processor is saying it's less than half of that, so that's the holdup for now.
    Before that the holdup was the procesor being closed for Thanksgiving, and the week before that it was Lenny choosing who the payments went to.

So if your account had $1000 deducted from it for a check, don't hold your breath, if you didn't get it by now it wasn't sent.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm in the same boat.

Monica was just as apologetic to me, she's just going with what Lenny tells her, but that isn't always what actualy happens, and you could tell she felt terrible about that.

So again, only a few checks were sent the first week, nothing after that.
    Lenny told Monica he plans on paying everyone at least that first dime, after that who knows, but with only 100k available I'll let you do the math.

So here's to hoping everyone will get at least that first thousand soon.

An0nym0us
    An0nym0us's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pathetic that he can't even be honest about how many checks were sent.

71 people owed on the list, so perhaps most will receive one check. Some lucky ones maybe two checks.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I received one payment in the first batch. I was promised another, but it never arrived. I called today and spoke with a nice young lady (Monica was off). She said that there was a problem with the second batch, but that a second payment was going to be sent tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

$1,000 reported today by a player. A few more players added to the list as well.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Good news, Bill so hopefully that first wave of five checks wasn't just a stall tactic. I'm still quite annoyed the way I was lied too several times in the past week about them having sent me a check, but hopefully I do receive at least one soon.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Good news, Bill so hopefully that first wave of five checks wasn't just a stall tactic. I'm still quite annoyed the way I was lied too several times in the past week about them having sent me a check, but hopefully I do receive at least one soon.
    They have lied to me 4 times already in the last 2-3 weeks!

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's ok to be an optimist, but please everyone understand this is straight up a stall tactic. Bill and SBR John and the "attorney" need to engage the Shooter and be pursuing this much faster than what is going on. The man is making money every week--yet no injunctions have been filed? No freeze of assets? What competent attorney wouldn't have already filed these motions in court on behalf of the class?

Something certainly is not right with the pace of this. Do not be swayed by a few checks being mailed. This will not be settled in any fashion without the courts intervention.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

FWIW I saw today for the first time that $1,000 was deducted from my balance on Monday (first time this has happened). I was told today that the payment wend out today and should expect it by Monday. We shall see.

The Nit
    The Nit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    FWIW I saw today for the first time that $1,000 was deducted from my balance on Monday (first time this has happened). I was told today that the payment wend out today and should expect it by Monday. We shall see.
    I noticed the same thing with my account yesterday - $1,000 was deducted - we'll see if I get a check.

White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

still nothing for me. I called monica this morning and she told me it will send this Wed. for me........... so sad.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Has anyone who was supposedly sent a payment on 12/5 received it? I was told that mine was sent then and that I should receive it by 12/10 and nothing yet. They sound a bit more believable that it was sent this time compared to last (but they do have a talent for making things sound a bit more believable each time) so obviously I won't be convinced of anything until I actually receive it.

suzysuzy
    suzysuzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah this "once a week" promise is already lookin pretty bad.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Just another stall tactic to try and get through the NFL and Bowl seasons and steal more money from people. Sadly it seems to be working.

katstale

That's because the legal strategy that SBR and their lawyer is pursuing is flawed. They are obviously waiting for Lenny to keel over from natural sources (or not) and then file a claim on his estate.

White_Tiger

forget about this week people no check was send out this week per Monica.
    really suck

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

FWIW, 2 players reported payment received this week.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    That's because the legal strategy that SBR and their lawyer is pursuing is flawed. They are obviously waiting for Lenny to keel over from natural sources (or not) and then file a claim on his estate.
    I am told Shooter Dan will be contacted by the lawyer early next week.

katstale

Bill, is Costa Rican time the same as Panamanian? Just trying to get a feel for that time frame!

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    FWIW, 2 players reported payment received this week.
    i recieved a check also

shooter dan
    shooter dan's Avatar Become A Pro!

me too

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    i recieved a check also
    I received a check for 1,000 yesterday. I assume this is from the deduction made to my account on 12/4.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Glad to see people are getting checks, perhaps they were telling the truth. I still have not received one unfortunately (and every time I call them they keep changing the day that they claim it was sent so I have doubts...). They have given me a check # (though no tracking number for the check that was sent) so perhaps they really did send it and it's just slow. Of course, in the end $1000 is just the tip of the iceberg for most of us, what is their long term plan?

suzysuzy
    suzysuzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

arun, their long term plan is to pay each player once a week. this plan started on november 9th, five weeks ago. im not so good at math but it seems like we should have gotten 5 checks.

jorj95
    jorj95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I've requested a check every week so far and I have yet to even receive one, nor has my cascade account even been debited yet.
    This is such an obvious stall tactic.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

This is obviously a stall tactic (given the timing of when it miraculously started), but as I mentioned I'd basically given up any hope of ever getting a cent out of them, and getting $1000, even if I get nothing more would obviously be far better than nothing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Got my first check today.

The Nit
    The Nit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got my first check today as well.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Has anybody recieved a second check?

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm still getting the run around on my first check. The last four times I've called, they've claimed my check was sent on four different days each time! (the 5th, the 6th, the 8th, and just today the 10th). Also, I've repeatedly asked for a tracking number and each time they've said "Call back tomorrow and we'll have it" (and based on my previous statement, I think you can guess how I've fared in getting it). Clearly a reasonable number of people have been paid so I have reason to be hopeful, but I'm really getting tired of these games they are playing. One check isn't too much to ask for.

White_Tiger

my check suppose to send before thanksgiving then they said the go close on thanksgiving until now still nothing.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Any other updates guys?

Breaker
    Breaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

No, still waiting for my first check, Monica claims it was sent on the 8th, gave me a check number but no tracking number because it was sent with regular mail.

She also told me no second payments until after the hollidays.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes I'm being told exactly the same thing as Breaker that it was sent on the 8th (and was given a check number, though as I mentioned in my previous post they have changed that supposed day on a few occasions), but nothing yet. It's supposedly being sent from Miami, Florida though so not having gotten anything, something is clearly amiss (and again like Breaker after being told a few times to call back the next day if I wanted a tracking number, they finally told me I couldn't get a tracking number since it was sent regular mail). I was told yesterday also that the processor hadn't received any of the checks back so just to keep waiting. As usual no idea what to think, but clearly some progress is being made with others receiving some checks so I'm still semi-hopeful.

First 1234567 ... Last