White_Tiger
    White_Tiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by coldhardfacts View Post
    I received a check last week and it cleared. I called today to request a payment this week, and Monica said that a second check would be sent later in the week.
    you telling the truth about this??? B/c Suzy call for 2nd check but they said no. I did request my 1st check this week and still waiting for it. If you really got your 2nd check then we'll in really good shape.

coldhardfacts
    coldhardfacts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by White_Tiger View Post
    you telling the truth about this??? B/c Suzy call for 2nd check but they said no. I did request my 1st check this week and still waiting for it. If you really got your 2nd check then we'll in really good shape.

I am telling the truth. Bill Dozer can confirm that I am on the list of plaintiffs for the class action suit. I sent him an e-mail notifying him that I received the first check and it cleared.

I will let you know if and when I receive the second check, and if and when it clears.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by coldhardfacts View Post
    I am telling the truth. Bill Dozer can confirm that I am on the list of plaintiffs for the class action suit. I sent him an e-mail notifying him that I received the first check and it cleared.

I will let you know if and when I receive the second check, and if and when it clears.
    CHF is on the list which refelcts his $1000 payment.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I have called two times already and have not even recieved my FIRST check yet!

Breaker
    Breaker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Just spoke to Monica, she thinks I haven't received my check yet since it was send out with regular mail instead of priority mail.

As we all know regular mail from Costa Rica to the US might take a while, up to 3 weeks I guess...

She did say that I'm still on the list for tomorrows' mailing, so apparently they are sending out checks again tomorrow.

suzysuzy
    suzysuzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

monica says i have a 2nd one getting mailed tomorrow. sorry guys, but obviously im gonna get as much as i can.

Breaker

Go get'em, Suzy.

I do believe I'll get my checks also, not as fast as you, but I'll take that over not getting anything!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51473

Yes agreed suzy. While of course I'm sure all of us would like everyone to be paid in the end, we all have to look out for ourselves foremost, and I doubt anyone wouldn't take the opportunity to get a second check given all the pain we've been through with this book. I still haven't received my first one either, but yes mail from CR to USA could take some time (3 weeks seems a tad overboard though, I would be surprised if it was more than 10 days). I will definitely keep trying though to get them to send me as many as they will since they do seem to be able to do so.

White_Tiger

cool seemlike we all will get more than just 1 check. Just perfect time for the holiday.
    still wait for my 1st check hope it will come this week.

suzysuzy

i guess my check cleared, not sure how it works. i deposited it on the 15th, and it doesnt say it was rejected or anything in my account statement. does that mean it cleared you think?

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not necessarily. In this situation, you should call and ask them if that particular check is now good for you to withdraw funds on. They should be able to track it and see if they have been paid on it.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

We have reports of 5 payments now since the spreadsheet was put up.

Scorpion
    Update your status

I have called three times already and nothing yet!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Have anyone from the US received a check? I still haven't, and mine I was told was sent ~10 days ago so figured I would have by now. Again, I'm not familiar with how long mail from there might take so I could be off, but as anyone from the US done so?

katstale

Quote Originally Posted by shooter dan View Post
    katstale, I am the "lead guy", and NO, I haven't recieved a call nor any money from Lenny. At this point I haven't been directed to contact CR attorney, and they have not contacted me. I am awaiting direction from SBR John or Bill. Also, rest assured that when anything happens I will advise all interested parties. I too am antsy and sitting on the post.......
    dan
    SBR John ? Bill? Has the attorney been given any money from you guys? Has he called Shooter Dan? Is anything actually being done here? Surely this stall tactic of a few phantom checks did not stop the proceedings? Maybe all kinds of things are happening legally that can't be posted in public? At least post that.

suzysuzy

my check cleared, but i havent received the 2nd 1k monica said was being mailed on wednesday and it hasnt been deducted from my account, so im not holding my breath.

Breaker

Monica just told me the company that sends their checks was closed for Thanksgiving and then the weekend, so all those checks will be sent out today (monday)

suzysuzy

i doubt i will get one since the money still hasnt been deducted from my account, but maybe others will.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    SBR John ? Bill? Has the attorney been given any money from you guys? Has he called Shooter Dan? Is anything actually being done here? Surely this stall tactic of a few phantom checks did not stop the proceedings? Maybe all kinds of things are happening legally that can't be posted in public? At least post that.
    No $7,000 in checks will not cancel or delay. A good-faith payment plan commitment needed to be made. If one is offered later with payment it will be up to the group to decide what to do at that time.

Dan will be contacted shortly. As you know, more information was recently collected.

On another note, the 6th Nov. payout was reported today.

White_Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    Monica just told me the company that sends their checks was closed for Thanksgiving and then the weekend, so all those checks will be sent out today (monday)

She told me the same and now almost end of the day my account still the same.

Scorpion
    Update your status

She told me the same and now almost end of the day my account still the same.
    Well, she was supposed to send me my FIRST check last Wednesday and nothing yet and account balance is still the same!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not sure what's going on myself. I was told my payment was sent out on 11/14 but have received nothing yet. I called them today trying to get them to send me a second one and also asked about the first one to which I was told "I'm not sure it was sent, we had problems due to Thanksgiving" a marked difference than what I was told last time when I was assured it had been sent (and Thanksgiving should obviously have no issue with that particular payment if it was sent anytime in the vicinity of when I was told, more than a week before Thanksgiving). No idea if this is just them being disorganized or if they just lied about sending it. Clearly people are receiving stuff so I doubt it's the latter (at least they probably intended to send it, but if they Fedex'd it like they claimed I would have received it by now almost for sure). The guy said he would send me a tracking #, but nothing yet.

I was told they would send me a second one sometime this week (like Thursday), but based on this thread everyone seems to be getting a different answer to this particular question so who knows what to believe.

suzysuzy

monica said lenny took me off the list for a 2nd payment. she also said that he hasnt mentioned anything to her about the fact that it's ridiculously unfair to pay everyone at a flat rate rather than a percentage of their balance.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

I have been told 4 times that the payment is being sent and it has not - looks like we are back in "Pay you next week mode"

suzysuzy

yeah didnt take long

White_Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by KT View Post
    I have been told 4 times that the payment is being sent and it has not - looks like we are back in "Pay you next week mode"
    Damn it me too. Monica told me last week. Then thanksgiving delay and to me this week. till now my account still the same and this is my 1st check.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Same here white tiger

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Not sure what's going on with me either. They reiterate that my first check was sent 11/14 but now claim that whoever did "mistakenly" sent it through regular mail instead of the intended priority mail which is why it's being slow. No idea what to make of this, but I'll believe that when I receive it (given that some people did receive a first check maybe this could be true, can anyone who got one comment on how theirs was sent?). I was told yesterday I was still on the list for a second check to be sent out today (and this time would be via priority), but it hasn't been subtracted from my account yet so who knows.

katstale

Smokescreen. Oldest trick in the book. Buy a little more time. Seems to have worked successfully. Hope i am wrong.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Not sure what's going on with me either. They reiterate that my first check was sent 11/14 but now claim that whoever did "mistakenly" sent it through regular mail instead of the intended priority mail which is why it's being slow. No idea what to make of this, but I'll believe that when I receive it (given that some people did receive a first check maybe this could be true, can anyone who got one comment on how theirs was sent?). I was told yesterday I was still on the list for a second check to be sent out today (and this time would be via priority), but it hasn't been subtracted from my account yet so who knows.
    Monica told me it will take 3-4 days for me to recieve it, I never did. I dont think they sent it at all by regular, priority mail, or FedEx!

It seems she just lied as they have done before!

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Normally based on the past, I would be the first to agree Scorpion, but clearly SOME people have received checks so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they would send checks to some and just flat out lie to others. At the same time, facts are facts though that many of us promised checks have gotten nothing, but I'm not sure what the ulterior motive is this time.

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Normally based on the past, I would be the first to agree Scorpion, but clearly SOME people have received checks so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they would send checks to some and just flat out lie to others. At the same time, facts are facts though that many of us promised checks have gotten nothing, but I'm not sure what the ulterior motive is this time.
    How many??
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...jjl-C6bCFYp1MQ

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Well maybe 5 people isn't that many. But when you're dealing with a book like Cascade which has been in no pay month for ~6 months, 5 people is really a heck of a lot more than 0 in my view.

shooter dan
    shooter dan's Avatar Become A Pro!

my status with cascade

Just FYI for all concerned..... I requested my first 1,000 two weeks ago, and another 1,000 last week. To date my account balance hasn't changed, and I haven't received any money.
    Shooter Dan

Scorpion
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shooter dan View Post
    Just FYI for all concerned..... I requested my first 1,000 two weeks ago, and another 1,000 last week. To date my account balance hasn't changed, and I haven't received any money.
    Shooter Dan

Thats my situation exactly, I have called 4-5 times already, nothing yet, just lies!

First 123456 ... Last