JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    don't count me out yet
    I'm definitely not. I expect you to win 1 to 4 games. If I had to guess I would guess 2.

Get your division winner predictions in before tomorrow if you want a chance to win more points. See posts #41 and #42 for details.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

why did the hours increase as game goes on that's silly now opponent has 74 hours to move jeez

JohnGalt2341

why did the hours increase as game goes on that's silly now opponent has 74 hours to move jeez
    I forgot that they increase the hours over the weekends. I haven't played in a regular tournament in a pretty long time. I wouldn't worry about the increased hours much. Most people make their moves regularly. Unless you are hoping for timeouts... you will see less I suppose. I figure most of the timeouts will occur in the first few days. After that people get in a habit of playing every day.

JohnGalt2341

Division winners and Champion prediction picks is officially closed.

Two players that I think have a very good shot at winning the tournament are Toptal, and [FGYTPeti]. Unfortunately I have to play Toptal in the first round. There's a pretty good chance we could win 1 game each and sweep our other opponent and both advance. But the other guy in our division is good as well. I think he would win most of the other divisions if he were in them. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I don't make it past the 1st round.

Other players that I think could make the final bracket include:
    maitreg
    ChampCar
    Eddie
    Andy
    aragon
    Bernard
    Marinella
    sht10

I'd have Ryan on this list as I think he is the 4th best player in the tourney but he's already timed out 2 games. If anyone besides myself, Toptal, or FGYTPeti wins the tourney... I'd be pretty surprised. Stranger things have happened I suppose. We shall see.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 03-13-20 at 06:23 PM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

i'm getting crushed

feel like glass joe out there

JohnGalt2341

i'm getting crushed

feel like glass joe out there
    It's still early.

JohnGalt2341

cincinnnatikid513, In your game against Chair Man when you are green, you were playing great until move number 10 Now you are in a terrible position because you are very vulnerable to give up a corner. Once you give up a corner it is difficult to control the tempo of the game. You must always be careful when placing a piece on the 6 spots that are touching the corner but are not touching the wall. Terrible players overplay these 6 spots far too much. But mediocre players don't play them enough. Because it almost always puts you in a vulnerable position. But it's often better to put yourself in the vulnerable position so you can keep control of the game. If you wait until you are in a vulnerable position you're just delaying the inevitable. The difference between good players and great players are the players that know how to play these 6 spots the most efficiently. Learning this aspect of the game is very difficult for most people. Knowing when to make a sacrifice is what separates good players from great players.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 03-16-20 at 07:09 PM.

JohnGalt2341

DanielEspinosa in your game against Marc Roney and you are green. Your style is very aggressive. I don't advise playing this style. You weren't playing terribly but you made a terrible blunder on move #17. Now you are in an inevitable terrible position because you are now vulnerable to giving up a corner. Once you lose a corner you almost always give up control of the game. Once you give up control of the game it's almost impossible to win.

JohnGalt2341

blankoblanco in your game against 2P176F when you are green. You play well but your style is a bit aggressive for my liking. You have to be careful now because you only have 3 legal places you can move. Your opponent has 8 different places they can move. Whomever runs out of moves first almost always loses the game. Once you make your number one intention to run your opponent out of moves it greatly increase your chances of being successful. You must always be thinking about what you want your score to be at the end of the game instead of what you want the score to be now. The score is rarely a reflection of what is actually happening. This would be a hell of a comeback if you could pull this one off.

JohnGalt2341

cincikid, in your game against chair man when you were purple. You were playing great until move #9. Now you are in a vulnerable position to giving up a corner. This will be very difficult to come back from because once you give up a corner you are almost giving up the tempo of the game. And that's pretty difficult to come back from most of the time.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    cincikid, in your game against chair man when you were purple. You were playing great until move #9. Now you are in a vulnerable position to giving up a corner. This will be very difficult to come back from because once you give up a corner you are almost giving up the tempo of the game. And that's pretty difficult to come back from most of the time.
    it's first time i have played the game i need experience, some losses will help me learn the game, i am praying that mcastel doesn't move in the next 6 and 7 hours and i can get 2 forfeit wins for a chance at the 500

JohnGalt2341

it's first time i have played the game i need experience, some losses will help me learn the game, i am praying that mcastel doesn't move in the next 6 and 7 hours and i can get 2 forfeit wins for a chance at the 500
    Indeed

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Indeed
    maybe one day can talk some strategy about this game, it's a fun game and i'm looking for some free entertainment stuck in doors most of the day especially with the world going crazy

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

blankoblanco in your game against 2P176F when you are green. You play well but your style is a bit aggressive for my liking. You have to be careful now because you only have 3 legal places you can move. Your opponent has 8 different places they can move. Whomever runs out of moves first almost always loses the game. Once you make your number one intention to run your opponent out of moves it greatly increase your chances of being successful. You must always be thinking about what you want your score to be at the end of the game instead of what you want the score to be now. The score is rarely a reflection of what is actually happening. This would be a hell of a comeback if you could pull this one off.
    Yeah, I don't quite know what I'm doing, was mostly just trying to get him into places next to the corners so I might be able to take them. Now I see I might not have access to the moves though. Maybe he'll give me an opening

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

dang it thought i had a chance for a forfeit but mcastel has 5 hours left to move and he's from italy he's has the morning still to move unless he got the coronavirus, i would never root for my opponent in a free tournament in a free game to forfeit just so i could win 500 points, fuk i'm cruel

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

first game ever started regular game im getting murdered, im purple i might get shutout here i offered a draw

Daniel Espinosa
    Daniel Espinosa's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 34193

Yeah, Im learning the hard way

DanielEspinosa in your game against Marc Roney and you are green. Your style is very aggressive. I don't advise playing this style. You weren't playing terribly but you made a terrible blunder on move #17. Now you are in an inevitable terrible position because you are now vulnerable to giving up a corner. Once you lose a corner you almost always give up control of the game. Once you give up control of the game it's almost impossible to win.

blankoblanco

The moral is, be easy on us John, nobody knows what the hell to do in their first attempts at this game!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

2 hours left for 2 forfeit wins from the guy from italy , cmon let me get 2 wins here

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

seriously this is some weak stuff right here

Error encountered:

Error submitting your move: No Moves Remaining

As a non-member, you are limited to 15 moves (turns) per day (this now includes both tournament and non-tournament games).

You can read more information about this restriction. To see how many moves you have left, and how much time is remaining until you receive more moves, click on the Edit User Profile link under the ACCOUNT section in the left-hand menu.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    The moral is, be easy on us John, nobody knows what the hell to do in their first attempts at this game!
    Overall you guys aren't playing entirely terribly... just some terrible blunders. It's instinctive to be aggressive in a game like this but that's almost never a good idea. But for sure...in the first game it's just trying to figure out what's going on.

You're playing well in your games against Marinella so far and she's a good player. So that's pretty in impressive.

JohnGalt2341

seriously this is some weak stuff right here

Error encountered:

Error submitting your move: No Moves Remaining

As a non-member, you are limited to 15 moves (turns) per day (this now includes both tournament and non-tournament games).

You can read more information about this restriction. To see how many moves you have left, and how much time is remaining until you receive more moves, click on the Edit User Profile link under the ACCOUNT section in the left-hand menu.
    Yeah, that's another thing I forgot about. On most days you won't have to worry about this.

JohnGalt2341

2 hours left for 2 forfeit wins from the guy from italy , cmon let me get 2 wins here
    Looks like you got it now. 1 more win and you'll be tied for first.

JohnGalt2341

first game ever started regular game im getting murdered, im purple i might get shutout here i offered a draw

You're only going to lose this one because you gave up 2 corners. Purple has far better positioning in this one and would win easily had you not given up the corners.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Looks like you got it now. 1 more win and you'll be tied for first.
    who won 3 games

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

how did blanko get 3 wins, let me guess 3 forfeits

JohnGalt2341

how did blanko get 3 wins, let me guess 3 forfeits
    3 timeouts.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

3 timeouts.
    ughh, i migt at least win one game outright got tim pretty dominated right now

JohnGalt2341

Jedi Mind Picks timed out all of his games. He won 2 by time out himself. But... blanko already has at least 3 wins so... Jedi is out of the competition. DanielEspinosa is coming on strong and should win at least 3 games(at least 1 legitimately). I think 4 Wins should be enough to win the 500 but even 3 might be enough for a first place tie.

Daniel Espinosa
    Daniel Espinosa's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 34193

Yeah, somehow I managed to come back from one game. I think my rival made some mistakes, not sure what happened haha. 2 players advance to the next round? Or just one? I might have a shot!

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Espinosa View Post
    Yeah, somehow I managed to come back from one game. I think my rival made some mistakes, not sure what happened haha. 2 players advance to the next round? Or just one? I might have a shot!
    All players tied for first will advance. If only one person is in first place then only one will advance.

blankoblanco

Is my position vs 2PI76F better now? I've got it set up where I can always take the left corner after his next move (I think? unless I'm stupid), but I have no idea how it plays out after that. Game is complicated

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Is my position vs 2PI76F better now? I've got it set up where I can always take the left corner after his next move (I think? unless I'm stupid), but I have no idea how it plays out after that. Game is complicated
    Holy crap! Purple made a TERRIBLE blunder on move #14. Move #13 was also bad for purple but #14 was a complete amateur move. You countered it perfectly. You should win this game easily now. I would predict 60-30. Somewhere in that range. I think I could hold this guy to under 10. It won't matter though... you should win this easily.

I looked up this guys stats just now. This is the first time he's ever played this game. He's played over 300 Reversi 10x10 games but this is his first time playing Hexversi. If you can figure out why Purple made such a terrible blunder on move #14 you should be able to start to see the game in a whole new light. That move is the MMA equivalent of giving a Brazilian Jui Jitsu Black Belt your back in an MMA fight.

Nice work! You play pretty well actually. Good instincts. I hope you make it to the next round. I hope I can too. I've got the toughest guy in the tournament in my bracket and he's already outplaying me in at least 1 of the games.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Holy crap! Purple made a TERRIBLE blunder on move #14. Move #13 was also bad for purple but #14 was a complete amateur move. You countered it perfectly. You should win this game easily now. I would predict 60-30. Somewhere in that range. I think I could hold this guy to under 10. It won't matter though... you should win this easily.

I looked up this guys stats just now. This is the first time he's ever played this game. He's played over 300 Reversi 10x10 games but this is his first time playing Hexversi. If you can figure out why Purple made such a terrible blunder on move #14 you should be able to start to see the game in a whole new light. That move is the MMA equivalent of giving a Brazilian Jui Jitsu Black Belt your back in an MMA fight.

Nice work! You play pretty well actually. Good instincts. I hope you make it to the next round. I hope I can too. I've got the toughest guy in the tournament in my bracket and he's already outplaying me in at least 1 of the games.
    collusion

you should be banned

blankoblanco

lol. Why you even in this thread Rudy?

First 123456 ... Last