DavidGoliath5003
    DavidGoliath5003's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    and he cannot UN-enroll her? you are being myopic, Sir.

he just bought a 12 million dollar home in San Diego earlier this year. does that not offset your news?

Kawhi is coming to LA. just watch.
    Buying a home in his home twon has nothing to do with the clippers.. thats his off season home. You dont enroll your daughter into school when you know you’re leaving. Dont be silly

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    Buying a home in his home twon has nothing to do with the clippers.. thats his off season home. You dont enroll your daughter into school when you know you’re leaving. Dont be silly
    Yes u do. It's called reserving a spot so it doesn't get taken and then if u need to u un-enroll her.

If you're so confident based on this enrollment, why don't u go and max bet that he's staying w the raptors, Big Boy?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGoliath5003 View Post
    They don’t have much of a off-season. What like 3 months? You gotta enroll your kid in school, I wouldn’t think that means much, doesn’t mean she has to go there. Who knows, like I said long ago, ya’ll crazy to speculate on this cat, he doesn’t know from one minute to the next.

homie1975

Just because LeBron enrolled his son in LA before joining the Lakers it doesn't mean kawhi is going to keep his daughter enrolled in the Toronto school.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Homie is so desperate to be correct here it's sad to see.

What's your agenda bro?

As for the boxes it's because they are moving from current place to New home in Ontario.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

What's your agenda bro?

As for the boxes it's because they are moving from current place to New home in Ontario.
    Who knows man. If I was him I’d stay, they would prob own the east. Dunno if that matters to him tho.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of NBA players bought and maintained homes in California for offseason workouts that never played for LA teams - Carmello, Garnett, it doesn't mean shit.

homie1975

What's your agenda bro?

I'm a clipper fan since they moved to LA in 1984 bruh

2daBank

Bummer. Why not just root for the relevant franchise in town? I can’t stomach rooting for losers! I’m a total bandwagon jumper!! Lol

lakerboy

Fair enough.

Sorry to hear that. It's been rough.

I would never play for the clippers if I'm an NBA star.

I know they have all the great things going right now WITH doc and west etc but it is a LOSER franchise. Ugly uniform. Fan base don't care. Second tenant in the building.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Bummer. Why not just root for the relevant franchise in town? I can’t stomach rooting for losers! I’m a total bandwagon jumper!! Lol
    No wonder you like James. You guys have same style.

homie1975

2daBank

No wonder you like James. You guys have same style.
    No doubt!! Cards only team I ever been even partially loyal too and I fade them in a heartbeat when I see something I don’t like!!

The only team that matters to me is team banker!!!

thomorino

I think Harrison barnes likely goes to the Warriors and we see a sign and trade with the Warriors and KNicks, Barnes to the Warriors makes a lot of sense, he fits perfectly and they can afford him. Leonard I see signing a 2 year deal in Toronto, with Lowry 33 I don't think he wants to sign long-term.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I think Harrison barnes likely goes to the Warriors and we see a sign and trade with the Warriors and KNicks, Barnes to the Warriors makes a lot of sense, he fits perfectly and they can afford him. Leonard I see signing a 2 year deal in Toronto, with Lowry 33 I don't think he wants to sign long-term.
    2 years actually makes sense, then when bron washed up he can go to the LA franchise that matters. Nobody grows up dreaming of being a fukkin clipper!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Barnes lol

Roll
    Player

Lowery now a role player , Just about 20 guys 22 years or younger better than Lowery at the guard position

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14509

2 years actually makes sense, then when bron washed up he can go to the LA franchise that matters. Nobody grows up dreaming of being a fukkin clipper!!
    Also, in 2 years Leonard will have 10 years in Association, which sets him up for huge cap % free agency deal. He may ask Toronto for 1 year with multiple single year player options and injury risk coverage. He knows Toronto would not over extend his playing minutes and that the organization has top notch training staff.

goalinmind
    goalinmind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

No way he's leaving, I have big money riding on it LOL.

jjgold

He is staying

homie1975

Fair enough.

Sorry to hear that. It's been rough.

I would never play for the clippers if I'm an NBA star.

I know they have all the great things going right now WITH doc and west etc but it is a LOSER franchise. Ugly uniform. Fan base don't care. Second tenant in the building.
    I know. Cleveland browns of the NBA. But kawhi can change that and will be called a Black Jesus. This would be my pitch if I'm Ballmer, Jerry west, and Doc. Come to a franchise that's been a perennial playoff team the last decade and now u can help us get to the next level in Los freaking Angeles your hometown.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

No unfinished business left there. He got them a chip right away.

The last time he got to choose his destination it was SDSU. He didn't choose the spurs or the raptors. They chose him. Now he has the power to control his next 4 years.

Yes the raptors can pay him 50M more than anyone else the next 4Y but if he leaves for a large market he'll get even more endorsement deals that will/can make up the gap.

Where will he go? My gut says we should believe the smoke that arose from the fire last year and he will sign w the LA clippers and try to take one of his hometown teams to heights they've never achieved. Remember, they've never even been to the conf finals.

Jerry west and Steve Ballmer will likely get their man.

If not the clips then i have no idea where lol.
    Atlanta Hawks?

Miami Heat?

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Kawhi Leonard to the Lakers is "Realistic" | The Score

homie1975

Per Adrian wojnarowski it's still clips or raptors.

homie1975

Kawhi playing third fiddle on the Lakers would be a horrible move for his brand

jjgold

That would be a Joke if he played there

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Very strange guy, I wouldn't put anything past him. But with Uncle Dennis in his ear, I doubt he goes to Lakers until Lebron is gone. It's between Clippers and Raptors. Raptors on a short term deal seems most logical but Woj is on the record saying Clippers are the favourite.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

I know. Cleveland browns of the NBA. But kawhi can change that and will be called a Black Jesus. This would be my pitch if I'm Ballmer, Jerry west, and Doc. Come to a franchise that's been a perennial playoff team the last decade and now u can help us get to the next level in Los freaking Angeles your hometown.
    bring a chip to toronto and clippers would give an argument in goat status. thing we don't know is what if he secretly wants 6 rings and never talks about it? he says he only cares about winning. think he does a 1 and 1 with toronto and tries to repeat. he would have 3 chips at that point which is high level. then he may join lakers with ad as lebron is on way out to try and get a few more chips and that fat payday.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Very strange guy, I wouldn't put anything past him. But with Uncle Dennis in his ear, I doubt he goes to Lakers until Lebron is gone. It's between Clippers and Raptors. Raptors on a short term deal seems most logical but Woj is on the record saying Clippers are the favourite.
    All correct here. This is where it stands

jjgold

The clippers would be a major contender if they had him

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The clippers would be a major contender if they had him
    If he leads my clips to a ring he's a Black Jesus

thomorino

Kawhi was at a Toronto Blue Jay game a couple days ago, sat right behind home plate and really seemed to enjoy the attention of the crowd, this does not look like a guy who is leaving.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Kawhi was at a Toronto Blue Jay game a couple days ago, sat right behind home plate and really seemed to enjoy the attention of the crowd, this does not look like a guy who is leaving.
    He was also very focused on taking pics of Angel player mike trout who plays in southern California. Doesn't seem like a guy who is staying.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Atlanta Hawks?

Miami Heat?
    Zero chance of either. Zero Zero Zero.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Toronto Raptors star Kawhi Leonard will decline his 2019-20 player option worth $21.3 million to become an unrestricted free agent, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The 6-foot-7 All-Star will be one of the marquee free agents on the open market.

The Raptors are the only team that can offer Leonard a max contract for five years and $190 million.

Leonard, 27, is believed to be seriously considering re-signing with the Raptors, sources said.

But there are a handful of teams who could secure a meeting with the 2019 NBA Finals MVP, sources said.

The appeal of returning home to Southern California is enticing to the two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year, but with the trust the Raptors built while Leonard led the franchise to its first NBA title by upsetting the Golden State Warriors, rival executives view his current team as the favorite to land him when the free-agent negotiating period begins June 30, sources said.

Leonard had career highs in points (26.6) and rebounds (7.3) in his lone season with the Raptors.

Leonard was drafted in 2011 and was the 2014 NBA Finals MVP with the San Antonio Spurs. After a tumultuous season with the Spurs, he was traded to Toronto last summer along with Danny Green for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a first-round draft pick.

In eight seasons, the three-time All-Star has averaged 17.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.8 steals.

First ... 3456789 ... Last